I'm just going to report you for botting...

in PvP

Posted by: Chaba.5410

Chaba.5410

… if you are lucky enough to have me on your team and you tank your MMR, especially by going to enemy spawn and standing there the whole match.

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs
RIP [SIC] Strident Iconoclast

in PvP

Posted by: infantrydiv.1620

infantrydiv.1620

Historically there is no indication that Arenanet has ever done anything whatsoever to punish afkers, other than dishonor.

There are players with hundreds of reports for afking and raging still on the loose, and some of them are extremely well known.

Ranger//Necro

in PvP

Posted by: Teutos.8620

Teutos.8620

Historically there is no indication that Arenanet has ever done anything whatsoever to punish afkers, other than dishonor.

There are players with hundreds of reports for afking and raging still on the loose, and some of them are extremely well known.

^- This. I’ll also report them, but I don’t have any hopes what so ever.

EU – Multiple times #1 SoloQ pre Dec 2014 (pure MMR based ladder)
Primoridal (S1) & Exalted (S2) & Illustrious (S3) Legend

in PvP

Posted by: Burtnik.5218

Burtnik.5218

I also report them.

Salt, salt, moar salt. So salty like fries from McDonald!
Playing Smite since mid s2, f broken gw2.

in PvP

Posted by: Serophous.9085

Serophous.9085

yeah, it was real nice watching 2 players on my team sitting in mid during a stronghold match doing nothing.

Oh well, least it ended in 5min

in PvP

Chaba.5410

Yea, that’s fine. It’s a way to mark them. I also publicly name them so players know who they are getting the next time they queue.

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs

in PvP

Posted by: Vieux P.1238

Vieux P.1238

Ok.. lets put this into another perspective so you can all understand how this really works.

Let’s just go with reporting some one.
Imagine the number of Spvp games in just one hour combining the NA&EU servers. Imagine in that hour the possible number of afk’ers, botters or what so ever makes players report it in that hour. In does 2 servers alone.
Now multiply this by 24 hours.
Now imagine this Arena net employee responding to every reports sent from gamers that thinks there doing a noble thing by reporting does troll’s. http://static.giantbomb.com/uploads/original/6/67162/2641640-bird.png

Get the picture?

in PvP

Posted by: Sunshine.5014

Sunshine.5014

… if you are lucky enough to have me on your team and you tank your MMR, especially by going to enemy spawn and standing there the whole match.

How about when the people who are tanking their MMR is on the other team?

Also, they should really reset the MMR. At the moment, the MMR has been manipulated so much that it is worthless.

Gray out the HP for future condition damage
Already quit PvP. Just log in here and there to troll.

in PvP

Posted by: Interpret Interrupt.3824

Interpret Interrupt.3824

I think you should report them for scamming. It is what I typically do. Technically, they are scamming you out of a chance to get your wins and rewards.

K Pop
The Warrior, The Necro, The F1 Connoisseur
http://www.twitch.tv/interpretinterrupt

in PvP

Chaba.5410

Ok.. lets put this into another perspective so you can all understand how this really works.

Imagine the number of Spvp games in just one hour combining the NA&EU servers. Imagine in that hour the possible number of afk’ers, botters or what so ever makes players report it in that hour. In does 2 servers alone.
Now imagine this Arena net employee responding to every reports sent from gamers that thinks there doing a noble thing by reporting does troll’s. http://static.giantbomb.com/uploads/original/6/67162/2641640-bird.png

Get the picture?

So? You wrongly seem to think I care about Anet’s workload or that I imagine myself doing something noble. Name and shame. Get it?

Chaba Tangnu

in PvP

Chaba.5410

Also, they should really reset the MMR. At the moment, the MMR has been manipulated so much that it is worthless.

The report function works regardless of which team you are on.

Chaba Tangnu

in PvP

Posted by: apharma.3741

apharma.3741

Naming and shaming is against the forum policy certainly. I dunno if it’s against the wider terms and conditions though but you should be very careful about saying you’re going to name and shame.

in PvP

Posted by: Agemnon.4608

Agemnon.4608

yeah, it was real nice watching 2 players on my team sitting in mid during a stronghold match doing nothing.

Some strategies involve watching over the resources and while it seems like mid would be a great place to camp to watch what’s going on every where else there are too many obstructions for that to really work. But yeah I can see where two players in mid can be a problem after awhile if the other team is busy defending or attacking your fort. I don’t really care for odd numbers per team because you can’t evenly split up between offense and defense. It’s awesome whenever your champ is being invaded, you play a little defense, then turn the tables and crawl up from a lower score to win afterward.

(edited by Agemnon.4608)

in PvP

Posted by: Morwath.9817

Morwath.9817

I support them.
Each horrible system should be abused.

in PvP

Chaba.5410

Naming and shaming is against the forum policy certainly. I dunno if it’s against the wider terms and conditions though but you should be very careful about saying you’re going to name and shame.

Who said anything about naming on this forum?

Chaba Tangnu

in PvP

Posted by: Vieux P.1238

Vieux P.1238

Get the picture?

So? You wrongly seem to think I care about Anet’s workload or that I imagine myself doing something noble. Name and shame. Get it?

That’s your answer Chaba? Name & shame? Really? Go ahead.. Same wooden bird also presse’s ban button as well. Not just delete report from noble ppl who think will do anything about it.

in PvP

Chaba.5410

Get the picture?

That’s your answer Chaba? Name & shame? Really? Go ahead.. Same wooden bird also presse’s ban button as well. Not just delete report from noble ppl who think will do anything about it.

What’s your solution? Do nothing like a good lamb? There’s no ban to be had. Everyone in the match sees who it is.

Chaba Tangnu

in PvP

Posted by: Fay.2357

Fay.2357

Get the picture?

What’s your solution? Do nothing like a good lamb? There’s no ban to be had. Everyone in the match sees who it is.

I recognize the flaw in your argument, as I’ve encountered it before. The problem here is that you’re using logic.

I know, it’s a hard thing to realize, but accepting that you have a problem is the first step to recovery!

With a bit of rehabilitation, you too can feel happy and understand the pure and wonderful sense behind banning people that attempt to make a difference on the forums instead of the griefers ingame!

in PvP

Posted by: Zenos Osgorma.2936

Zenos Osgorma.2936

ANET SCREW IT, each league season Tank everyones MMR to 0 and start fresh .

the good will advance quickly and the bad will lag behind.

this is a new system so why do we keep our current MMR?

in PvP

Posted by: Serophous.9085

Serophous.9085

Some strategies involve watching over the resources and while it seems like mid would be a great place to camp to watch what’s going on every where else there are too many obstructions for that to really work. But yeah I can see where two players in mid can be a problem after awhile if the other team is busy defending or attacking your fort. I don’t really care for odd numbers per team because you can’t evenly split up between offense and defense. It’s awesome whenever your champ is being invaded, you play a little defense, then turn the tables and crawl up from a lower score to win afterward.

oh a strat, gotcha…

So when we see on the minimap there are three guarding their base, and 2 attacking, those two were doing a dang well good job scouting while the announcer said “breached our outer gate! At our inner gate! Our lord is under attack!”

Good scouting I guess

in PvP

Posted by: sephiroth.4217

sephiroth.4217

I think the playerbase needs to take control instead of waiting for Anet to fix our kitten.

Name and shame every afk player you see on the forums for everyone to see until the source of the problem is fixed.

Force Anets hand by either manually removing peoples posts or just fix the kitten so they don’t need too.

These AFK players are destroying PvP.

I mostly play for the new Free-For-All arena in PvP lobby.
….. And Elementalist.

in PvP

Chaba.5410

I think the playerbase needs to take control instead of waiting for Anet to fix our kitten.

Name and shame every afk player you see on the forums for everyone to see until the source of the problem is fixed.

Force Anets hand by either manually removing peoples posts or just fix the kitten so they don’t need too.

I don’t condone naming and shaming on this forum as it is against the ToS.

Chaba Tangnu

in PvP

Posted by: Chase.8415

Chase.8415

If they reset MMR, people would have complained they are being matches with the best players or grouped with bad players because the MMR is fresh.

in PvP

Agemnon.4608

If they reset MMR, people would have complained they are being matches with the best players or grouped with bad players because the MMR is fresh.

I agree with an MMR reset because the best players will simply go back to the top quickly enough and since many people’s skill hasn’t caught up to their MMR (some smartened up and no longer SoloQ for example) their MMR would be more accurate. Rankings should depend totally on MMR, no more of this pip or even level stuff. I also think there should be MMR floors every 200 points to prevent sandbagging abuse, so if someone’s skilled enough to obtain 2,000 ELO equivalent then they can’t fall below that.

in PvP

Posted by: Yasi.9065

Yasi.9065

As long as you get punished for playing good, you will see people trying to manipulate their mmr.

The whole mmr system is flawed, has been flawed forever, will be flawed forever because anet is just incapable of writing anything but mediocre algorithms.

in PvP

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

I report them if its brought to my attention.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

in PvP

Posted by: Sorel.4870

Sorel.4870

As long as you get punished for playing good, you will see people trying to manipulate their mmr.

The whole mmr system is flawed, has been flawed forever, will be flawed forever because anet is just incapable of writing anything but mediocre algorithms.

Have you read the algorithm?
https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/PvP_Matchmaking_Algorithm

It’s actually decent, the main problem with it coming from the low population, especially during the night. It’s not even thanks to Arenanet: Glicko 2 is an excellent way of sorting people in 1v1 games. If you soloq in a team game, well, you need a lot of time to get to your final MMR, but all of this is pretty normal.

The problem here lies in the league system. You need win streaks to progress in leagues, while your MMR does a good job of putting you in games where you have around a 50/50 chance of winning. So if all goes well (and for most solo queuers it does, given we’re a lot), you should rarely be able to win 5 games in a row: you’d have a 3% chance of such event happening.

A possible solution: sorting games. You play ten games, with very versatile MMR, and the outcome of those ten games decides in which league you are.

in PvP

Agemnon.4608

That’s why I advocate rating floors, to prevent such sandbagging. Though if you have a 2,000 teaming up with a 1,200 that would create some complications, especially if the sole 1,200 wins enough with them he’ll have an inflated floor while he’d be dipping the 2,000 rated players’ average so they’d be fighting against what we’ll call class A players (1,800-2000) The novice would then have an intermediate floor but only novice skills but because of the experts he’s stuck there.

To prevent this kind of abuse you’d only be able to team up with people within your own rank, but this creates problems since it would vastly increase queuing times. If PvP had more people then it wouldn’t be a problem until you reach 2200+ Elo where you’re better than 2% of all players.

in PvP

Posted by: sephiroth.4217

sephiroth.4217

I don’t condone naming and shaming on this forum as it is against the ToS.

I don’t condone going afk and match manipulation as it is against the ToS.

I will name and shame every player I see on either team starting this weekend. I’ll even build a quick website listing usernames and character names if I have too.

Maybe even a thread on gw2wvw.net would be a handy reference.

(sorry for rudeness… Just had enough of AFK people managing ruin my free time while they go unpunished.)

I mostly play for the new Free-For-All arena in PvP lobby.
….. And Elementalist.

(edited by sephiroth.4217)

in PvP

Chaba.5410

I’ll even build a quick website listing usernames and character names if I have too.

Nothing against the ToS for this forum in doing that.

Chaba Tangnu

in PvP

Posted by: Voreo Sabrae.5416

Voreo Sabrae.5416

How can you tell if people are tanking mmr?

I just play the game and do my best, although my best sometimes gets me nothing :<

Rawr?

in PvP

Posted by: Laraley.7695

Laraley.7695

How can you tell if people are tanking mmr?

I just play the game and do my best, although my best sometimes gets me nothing :<

It’s pretty easy- You see those people afk from the start? Or those people dying on purpose or just obviously throwing a match. Yup, that’s them tanking theiir mmr.

in PvP

Posted by: trytonianYeti.4389

trytonianYeti.4389

!

Attachments:

in PvP

Posted by: Morwath.9817

Morwath.9817

!

Time to make “Pay to Loose”, I wonder how many people would paid for such service.

in PvP

Posted by: Maris.3164

Maris.3164

Have you read the algorithm?
https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/PvP_Matchmaking_Algorithm

It’s actually decent, the main problem with it coming from the low population, especially during the night. It’s not even thanks to Arenanet: Glicko 2 is an excellent way of sorting people in 1v1 games. If you soloq in a team game, well, you need a lot of time to get to your final MMR, but all of this is pretty normal.

The problem here lies in the league system. You need win streaks to progress in leagues, while your MMR does a good job of putting you in games where you have around a 50/50 chance of winning. So if all goes well (and for most solo queuers it does, given we’re a lot), you should rarely be able to win 5 games in a row: you’d have a 3% chance of such event happening.

A possible solution: sorting games. You play ten games, with very versatile MMR, and the outcome of those ten games decides in which league you are.

I agree with what you said about the league system, however I disagree with low population being the problem with matchmaking.

Yesterday I had a ranger in my team who didn’t know why he was supposed to go to close at start. I told him to simply cap the point and he then asked if Temple was the close point. He did not res or do finishers, nor did he manage to win 1v1 and constantly needed help just to survive.

I play during EU prime time when there should be enough people around to get a proper matchmaking. Sadly, most of my games had at least one or more of these kind of players who didn’t know what they were doing.

Funny thing is, the enemy team always seems to consist of people with:
A. experience
B. decent composition
C. elite specs in use

EDIT: I did play on revenant (only a few games played on it) at first and had terrible luck with matchmaking. When I swapped to my mesmer (almost 500 games played in total) the rest of the games were all wins although rather easy ones. The matchmaking seemed to improve a lot when it came to my teammates.

(edited by Maris.3164)

in PvP

Posted by: SamTheGuardian.2938

SamTheGuardian.2938

While I agree it’s a horrible thing that people are doing this, it’s just another exploit available. Ran up against a few teams today run 3 mm Reapers and going with a the most basic premade strategy to farm pugs. No skill whatsoever involved. These things are all forms of exploits of a very, very week league/ranked system.

The system needs to be destroyed and rebuilt. How trigger happy are you going to get with reporting? If they stay in one sport then it’s obvious but what if they run around the map just purposely not playing their best. You can’t really tell if they are just having a bad day/bad game or if they are trying to cost you the game. Unless you know them and how they play on a good day, you can’t make that assessment. You are would be reporting someone based on your own paranoia.

Again, it’s a broken system that’s the problem.

in PvP

Posted by: Drayos.8759

Drayos.8759

if u want to tank ur MMR just roll a Thief/Warrior, whichever u cant play the most :P

in PvP

Posted by: Ara.4569

Ara.4569

I will play dumb: me go face, pushing far, blending so well I will be undetectable, me am genius.

Balance team is a bunch of clowns, hurting the game to the full extent of their abilities.