I'm sorry

I'm sorry

in PvP

Posted by: ryston.7640

ryston.7640

I say some mean and hurtful things to the devs sometimes.

I think it’s because I feel like they advertised PvP that was:
1) A sequel to GW1
2) MtG inspired
3) Esport
4) That the devs cared about and would put resources into PvP

I suspect they’ll try to disagree with me about points 3&4… I don’t really agree to disagree, but for the moment I’ll move on.

I’d like an apology for the fact they lied to us about 1&2, and then a statement about what comes next.
a) I take the appology and go move on with my life cause that’s all I get
b) They refund people like me who preordered based on false advertisement
c) They plan to develop that content in the future, it’s probably vapor ware, but stay tuned.

okay moment over:

Look some basics for an esport…. spectator, ladders, pause feature. We waited like a year to get the first two, we’re at two years now and still no third. I don’t think anyone can say with a straight face there were serious plans for this PvP to be an esport.

Couple that with their reniging on the whole “we’ll balance PvP and PvE separately when appropriate” thing…

Ya lets start with an acknowledgement that lies were told about what we were going to be buying.

I'm sorry

in PvP

ryston.7640

you know the funny thing is, I have some buddies who used to play GW1 with me.

Everytime we get together someone eventually brings up GW2, and then I find myself back on these forums for a couple weeks. Because it was a bigger let down than Indiana Jones and the Crystal Skull, or Star Wars Episode 1, or Diablo III.

Speaking of D3… they made an apology and then updated.

Just saying, there’s a prescident for what I’m asking for – and a recent one.

I'm sorry

in PvP

Posted by: Trevor Boyer.6524

Trevor Boyer.6524

Nothing wrong with GW2, it’s a great game
I play tpvp nightly in GW2, as I did in GW1
My honest opinion is that GW2 has the better pvp engine
It just needs attention and it would easily shine

Before you complain and make statements about GvG from GW1
I’d like to say that WvW is a greater scale GvG than the old GW1 GvG

I use the name Barbie on all of my characters.

I'm sorry

in PvP

Posted by: Geiir.7603

Geiir.7603

The engine and the combat systems are amazing, but we lack dev presence and features.

For it to be anything close to an esport they need decent ladders, spectator mode in arenas and devs that care.

Melder – Thief

I'm sorry

in PvP

ryston.7640

So I recognize that those people who remain playing the game to this day (two years later) must obviously like it at least a little. I mean that makes sense right? I’m not looking for a lot of people here who agree GW2 PvP is the absolute puppy I think it is.

But they did lie about all 4 of those things, and they really never have appologized for it. So I’m asking for that apology. I want anet to say:

Look I know the menu said strawberry smoothie and we gave everybody bananna… some people like bananna, but obviously most didn’t… so we’re sorry we said strawberry.

So we are:
a) Giving people strawberry smoothies now
b) Giving people back their money
c) Just saying too bad, but we acknowledge we sort of did some wrong here.

Next: I know that we said smoothie, but the thing was we ran out of ice… so it’s more of a milk and fruit paste goo with a little sugar in it. I know I know we’re sorry… ice is comming, just hand us back your cup and we’ll blend that right in there and it’ll be a nice smoothie. … (ladders, spectator mode, devs that care, pause, afk report, etc.)

So we’re sorry.

They already said they’re comming back with Ice… so that’s like answer b from above, but without the we’re sorry part first.

They collectively kittened up everybody’s order here, I’d like an I’m sorry with a here’s what’s comming next update.

I'm sorry

in PvP

Posted by: Quincy.2198

Quincy.2198

I’m sorry to all people from PvE I called bad names. But please, understand that it’s not fun for us

Ninov Is Strng
Ninov Ftw

I'm sorry

in PvP

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

The original game is fun. The issue for PvP is:

1. Bad balance decisions
2. Stagnant game play
3. A lack of any real incentives