I'm tired of fighting longbow warriors.

in PvP

Posted by: Arkimedes.8730

Arkimedes.8730

This has been going on for at least six months now. These days it’s every single game. I can’t take it anymore, it’s more tedious than dungeons. It’s like watching the same 30 second longbow animation demo every single game. The only guarantees in life are death, taxes, and that warrior will be using a godkitten longbow.

in PvP

Posted by: Rarnark.5623

Rarnark.5623

All thieves use shortbow, all mesmers use greatsword, all engis use grenades, and all warriors use longbow. There is little diversity among ranged weapon sets in pvp across the board, so why would you complain about warrior specifically?

Spirit Bae
Bad Boy Teenager Club [BBTC]
twitch.tv/rarnark

in PvP

Posted by: vincecontix.1264

vincecontix.1264

Your point? Classes while use what is effective and lately I think has been alittle bit more variety than the standard hambow wars.

Shikamaru X Thief, Warrior, Mesmer, Engi(FT leader)
Highest ranked reached 28 soloq
Isle of Janthir

in PvP

Posted by: Phaeton.9582

Phaeton.9582

…..because any good player running condi OR power can literally faceroll a warrior not running a longbow, with 100% success rate.

Phaatonn, London UK

in PvP

Posted by: Kilo November.4268

Kilo November.4268

Well, until there is a game mode that doesn’t demand winning a fight over a piece of ground the size of both combustive shot and arcing arrow’s AoE, then it’s really not gonna happen. Bow is perfect for node fights, so it’s really not going to go anywhere.

Brofist Maximus
[RISE]
Gate of Madness

in PvP

Posted by: Liewec.2896

Liewec.2896

correction almost 8 months of hambow.

by now it should be clear that Anet are either incapable of doing some simple nerfs,
or they honestly dont give a ship.

in PvP

Posted by: Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

nah, hambow is balanced, that is why there are no further changes.

besides, hambow already received way too many unjustified nerfs.

in PvP

Posted by: dylan.5409

dylan.5409

Hambow is balanced if youre playing another warrior, thief or bunker guardian.
Personally i dont play any of the above and am sick of seeing them/ having to outplay them 100% to get anywhere

in PvP

Posted by: musu.9205

musu.9205

Your point? Classes while use what is effective and lately I think has been alittle bit more variety than the standard hambow wars.

If you meant variety for war , yes longbow and defense line carried this class so much . They could do whatever they want now . And this heavily hurts other classes variety.

in PvP

Posted by: Lifestealer.4910

Lifestealer.4910

Personally i dont play any of the above and am sick of seeing them/ having to outplay them 100% to get anywhere

or spirit ranger, or bunker ele, or any other condition/bunker specs. I like the hate for warriors but just sayin the profession you play probably have some annoying and hated builds too.

in PvP

Posted by: tichorum.2415

tichorum.2415

This has been going on for at least six months now. These days it’s every single game. I can’t take it anymore, it’s more tedious than dungeons. It’s like watching the same 30 second longbow animation demo every single game. The only guarantees in life are death, taxes, and that warrior will be using a godkitten longbow.

This is funny. I’m also tired of fighting against X class that has X weapon. Why is a warrior with a longbow picked out? I agree 100% with Rar. I’m tired of fighting d/p thieves. I’m tired of fighting rifle engineers. And those, my friend, have been around far longer than 6 months.

Former PvP commentator for ESL & Arenanet.

I used to run the Academy Gaming tournaments for GW2.

in PvP

Posted by: Julie Yann.5379

Julie Yann.5379

What’s our other range option? the lol kill shot rifle, more of a troll build than anything.

Go full melee and get kited? no thanks

Give up our most reliable form of condi removal? no thanks

Be careful what you wish for, Anet might just give it to you “HoT”
“…let us eat and drink, for tomorrow we shall die;.”

in PvP

Posted by: Arkimedes.8730

Arkimedes.8730

I probably shouldn’t be surprised that people took this the wrong way, but I am.

This has nothing to do with class balance and everything to do with warrior not having meaningful gameplay options. Longbow interactions have become so routine that you can make a flowchart for them. I find it unbearably boring. Do you mean to say that many people are in support of lack of build variety?

Warrior does not have other options

Exactly.

in PvP

Posted by: Locuz.2651

Locuz.2651

Its time they added some depth/difficulty to the class. Its to easy to be effective with it. Make combustive shot a real skillshot for example, reduce the radius and duration.

in PvP

Posted by: thebat.5739

thebat.5739

i think you are mostly bored to the fact that every game has at least 2-3 wariors in it, but how Anet can be blame for what ppl chose to play ???

PS: if i play my warrior i am not using hambow build:D:D

in PvP

Posted by: a t s e.9614

a t s e.9614

I can understand why you would be bored, 60% of people in solo Q are warrs. Its not that OP but it still the best and the easiest class in the game so until they change few things you will keep seeing warriors.

in PvP

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Its time they added some depth/difficulty to the class. Its to easy to be effective with it. Make combustive shot a real skillshot for example, reduce the radius and duration.

nuuuuu leave the easy profession aloneeeeee.
other professions already have more depth and difficulty.

let casual players have fun with warriors.

in PvP

Posted by: CntrlAltDefeat.1465

CntrlAltDefeat.1465

I kinda feel ya on this. I like longbow, it is a solid weapon, however the last balance patches have more or less been around controlling hambow. Longbow and hammer both received various changes, however rifle, mace, shield, axe received nothing. I can understand the desire to tone down hammer substantially, but it was mostly the focus of warrior and not warrior as a whole where all weapons were looked at and given buffs/nerf/changes in order to give better representation. Currently rifle has good damage, but its auto attack is a condition and it is pretty much single target. Longbow has comparable damage but greater AoE effects and the f1 can be used to clear conditions without target. As long as this remains, it would be tactically unwise for warrior to take rifle over longbow for range options. Solution would have been that when longbow got shaved, rifle got up’ed. Even if just one skill on rifle had the explosive round effect of engineer that would have suddenly made it more attractive to use instead of longbow as the go to.

in PvP

Julie Yann.5379

nuuuuu leave the easy profession aloneeeeee.
other professions already have more depth and difficulty.

let casual players have fun with warriors.

I would love for them to add difficulty to playing the warrior. That way when I win I won’t get kitten on by sore losers.

in PvP

Posted by: dylan.5409

dylan.5409

or spirit ranger, or bunker ele, or any other condition/bunker specs. I like the hate for warriors but just sayin the profession you play probably have some annoying and hated builds too.

Theres hate due to inertia (spirit rangers , a proff that hasn’t been able to 1v1 for a while now but at 1 point, several mths ago, the frustration was warranted) and there’s frustration over general meta roles forced by game type (bunkers of any type) and then there’s frustration over proff mechanics (for example poorly implemented stealth) and finally frustration of having to fight the same overtuned proffessions game after game after game (worst offenders: warriors)

in PvP

Posted by: Chaith.8256

Chaith.8256

I’m tired of fighting rifle engineers. And those, my friend, have been around far longer than 6 months.

o_O

O_o

Rifle has never been a must-have for Engineer

Forum Lord Chaith
Twitch.tv/chaithh
New Twitter: @chaithhh

in PvP

Posted by: Flumek.9043

Flumek.9043

by now it should be clear that Anet are either incapable of doing some simple nerfs,

worse, its been 10+ months.

Healing signet accident hapend few weeks after june25 patch, and hambows were wrecking stuff since then.

PvP guild [YUM] -apply- (EU) http://muffinspvp.shivtr.com/

in PvP

Julie Yann.5379

worse, its been 10+ months.

Healing signet accident hapend few weeks after june25 patch, and hambows were wrecking stuff since then.

Hambow was wrecking stuff long before that but nobody paid any attention to it until some videos surfaced of them wrecking stuff. Then every warrior and their child rolled a hambow.

in PvP

Posted by: Dirame.8521

Dirame.8521

All thieves use shortbow, all mesmers use greatsword, all engis use grenades

Lies.

I make guides to builds you may not have heard of;
http://www.youtube.com/user/ceimash
http://www.twitch.tv/ceimash

in PvP

Posted by: Aza.2105

Aza.2105

Hambow is in a good spot, with the exception of combustive shot. The radius is far too large, it covers a entire point except graveyard in Legacy of Foefire. This makes the only counterplay available is to simply leave the point, which is unacceptable.

Amd Ryzen 1800x – Amd Fury X -64GB of ram
Windows 10

in PvP

Julie Yann.5379

Hambow is in a good spot, with the exception of combustive shot. The radius is far too large, it covers a entire point except graveyard in Legacy of Foefire. This makes the only counterplay available is to simply leave the point, which is unacceptable.

how is it any different than a MM Necro that has the entire node cover with minions or a spamgineer bombarding the entire node with nades and turrets or a meteor shower from an ele?

in PvP

Posted by: Avead.5760

Avead.5760

how is it any different than a MM Necro that has the entire node cover with minions or a spamgineer bombarding the entire node with nades and turrets or a meteor shower from an ele?

How?? Lets see..risks of activation,casting times, cooldowns and impact.
Also people tend to kitten about strong skills more when they exist on builds that are already good themselves for a million other reasons

in PvP

Julie Yann.5379

How?? Lets see..risks of activation,casting times, cooldowns and impact.
Also people tend to kitten about strong skills more when they exist on builds that are already good themselves for a million other reasons

Cause spamming nades is risky? Surrounding yourself with half a dozen AIs is risky? They only thing that makes combustive shot strong is peoples obsession on staying on the node. If I am standing on a point and I’m getting overwhelmed I GTFO. No point in dying there. Most nubs haven’t figure that out yet. You stay there and the still get the node + points for your death. It is and always been a L2P issue.

in PvP

Aza.2105

1. Necro minions can be destroyed
2. Engi turrets can be destroyed, blind combats nade spam, retaliation penalizes engi for spamming nades.
3. Meteor shower’s impact area is random, you may or may not be hit. They are also easy to dodge when needed.

Combustive shot can’t really be compared to any of the above.

Windows 10

in PvP

Julie Yann.5379

2. Engi turrets can be destroyed, blind combats nade spam, retaliation penalizes engi for spamming nades.
3. Meteor shower’s impact area is random, you may or may not be hit. They are also easy to dodge when needed.

And burning can be cleansed, the shot can be interrupted or evaded completely and requires 3 bars of adrenaline to get full size and damage. Like I said, the only thing that makes this skill so strong is people dumb enough to stand in it to fight.

in PvP

Posted by: a t s e.9614

a t s e.9614

The problem with longbow is that it’s too good compared other warrior’s weapons. Any build without longbow is sub par.

in PvP

Aza.2105

• And burning can be cleansed

What condition removal can keep up with the reapplication of combustive shot? It has a short cd, adrenaline is relatively easy to come by. I don’t feel it being cleansed is even relevant to mention up.

• the shot can be interrupted

Any interruption would probably be by accident, most (note not all) interruption skills have long cast times and animations which makes being able to skillfully interrupt a skill with a relatively fast cast and animation very unlikely.

• or evaded completely and requires 3 bars of adrenaline to get full size and damage

It can be dodged theoretically but for how long? The skill last for 4 seconds with a 10 second default cd. That means there is a 6 second period between when it can be applied again. Regardless it being able to be dodged is irrelevant to the point I mentioned up.

• Like I said, the only thing that makes this skill so strong is people dumb enough to stand in it to fight

I’d usually agree to this, its certainly true that many players will just try to face tank aoe. The problem is the skill takes up a entire capture point. Making it the only way not to stand in it is to not be on the point if the warrior is defending or trying to capture it.

Windows 10

in PvP

Julie Yann.5379

• And burning can be cleansed

What condition removal can keep up with the reapplication of combustive shot? It has a short cd, adrenaline is relatively easy to come by. I don’t feel it being cleansed is even relevant to mention up.

• the shot can be interrupted

Any interruption would probably be by accident, most (note not all) interruption skills have long cast times and animations which makes being able to skillfully interrupt a skill with a relatively fast cast and animation very unlikely.

• or evaded completely and requires 3 bars of adrenaline to get full size and damage

It can be dodged theoretically but for how long? The skill last for 4 seconds with a 10 second default cd. That means there is a 6 second period between when it can be applied again. Regardless it being able to be dodged is irrelevant to the point I mentioned up.

• Like I said, the only thing that makes this skill so strong is people dumb enough to stand in it to fight

I’d usually agree to this, its certainly true that many players will just try to face tank aoe. The problem is the skill takes up a entire capture point. Making it the only way not to stand in it is to not be on the point if the warrior is defending or trying to capture it.

If I just stand on point while Engis spam their nades on it or Necros fill it up with wells or through an Ele Meteor shower I die. The only option is to dodge out of the point even if you have to lose the cap. Sometimes you have to in order to get the kill. It’s the exact same thing with combustive shot.

in PvP

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

good players will get out of the capture point covered with nasty red circles and put down the player laying down the nasty circles.

some players choose to come to the forum to complain because they refuse to avoid the nasty circles and is unable to put down the people laying down the nasty circles.

in PvP

Posted by: Simon.3794

Simon.3794

If you meant variety for war , yes longbow and defense line carried this class so much . They could do whatever they want now . And this heavily hurts other classes variety.

carried this class so much, more like without it, the class would be completely dead and get dominated by every thing in pvp

in PvP

Posted by: cheese.4739

cheese.4739

If I just stand on point while Engis spam their nades on it or Necros fill it up with wells or through an Ele Meteor shower I die. The only option is to dodge out of the point even if you have to lose the cap. Sometimes you have to in order to get the kill. It’s the exact same thing with combustive shot.

One major issue I have with this logic: Warriors currently have incredibly powerful invulnerability skills. An Ele casting a high-damage Meteor Shower on a capture point can’t also stand in the point to contest it and eat up enemy attacks – if they’ve built to contest the point and keep their health up, the damage from the shower isn’t going to be particularly worrying, and if they’ve built to nuke the **** out of the point, they’ll fall over when you breathe on them.

Other classes’ invulns have two major features:
1) long cooldowns, short durations
2) capture points can’t be contested while invulnerable
Warrior invulns have neither of these, with 1/6 uptime on both power and incoming condi nullification when fully traited (and with that traited Endure Pain proc only requiring 10pts more investment that the always-taken Cleansing Ire).

Warriors can bring a huge amount of invulnerability (against power damage, condi damage, or both) while chucking out high-damage AoE all over a capture point.
Should someone wish to contest a point that a Warrior’s capping (or decapping or holding), they have to either run into this AoE damage (against a foe that can instantly become immune to attacks and keep on hitting), or wait out a pretty long time before dps’ing from range (certainly long enough for a full cap or several ticks of a held point).

I really believe that the best way to even the playing field against Warriors at all skill levels would be to make their invuln skills (Endure Pain and Berserker Stance) prevent capture point contribution.

It would keep frontline Warriors powerful, and allow them their much-needed sustain in teamfights – but no longer could a solo Warrior get 5-10 seconds of completely free point contesting, while still dishing out the powerful damage and CC that the class has access to.
A War wishing to pop an invuln skill would have to actually consider the situation beyond “am I taking a lot of power damage?”, since the the class would once agian have to weigh up the strategic advantage of holding a point against the personal advantage of not taking damage.

in PvP

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

^ such lies.

berserker stance
8 seconds immune to conditions
60 seconds recharge
- still dies very quickly to direct damage

endure pain
4 seconds take no damage
60 seconds recharge
- slowed down by crippled, chilled
- stopped by immobilize
- stopped by control effects

60 seconds is long cool down
4 / 8 seconds is short duration

what kitten are you smoking?

(edited by Deimos Tel Arin.7391)

in PvP

Aza.2105

^ such lies.

berserker stance
8 seconds immune to conditions
60 seconds recharge
- still dies very quickly to direct damage

endure pain
4 seconds take no damage
60 seconds recharge
- slowed down by crippled, chilled
- stopped by immobilize
- stopped by control effects

60 seconds is long cool down
4 / 8 seconds is short duration

what kitten are you smoking?

Most invulnerability skills don’t last any where as long and their cds are just about the same.

While its true that zerker stance and endure/defy pain have “weaknesses”. What you didn’t list is unlike gw1, in gw2 you can use as many stances as you have equipped at once. Your point would be much more valid if you could only have one stance enabled at once.

Windows 10

in PvP

Posted by: runeblade.7514

runeblade.7514

The problem with longbow is that there is no other better secondary weaponset.

Longbow is the Warrior’s Utility weapon. Every other weaponset are just no good.

GS needs a buff to Arcing slice so that it can proc Cleansing Ire. That way, Players can choose between Longbow vs. Greatsword as a secondary weapon.

5x Warrior, 5x Ranger, 4x Elementalist, 4x Engineer,
4x Necromancer, 3x Mesmer, 4x Guardian, 4x Thief, 4 Revenant

in PvP

Posted by: hihey.1075

hihey.1075

The only things “wrong” about the Warrior’s Longbow are the ~600 Burning ticks when they (easily) get 25 stacks of Might.
With the current Condi Meta, the nerfs to Arcing Arrow and Pindown, I find LB to be quite balanced at the moment.

Pillow Cake
Worst Thief EU
One Handed One vs One Videos

in PvP

Posted by: shimmerless.4560

shimmerless.4560

Longbow will always be popular because it’s the most reliable ranged means for a Warrior to set up his swap damage. This would still be the case even without the fire field, Arcing Arrow, etc. (It’s also one of the few weapons that can free cast a Cleansing Ire proc).

A full melee Warrior holds less appeal because it’s susceptible to being endlessly kited by blink and ranged classes.

I think the best option would be to leave the longbow alone (which has already seen many nerfs) and instead introduce new weapons, particularly ranged ones. Some could be more defensive and some more all-in. Without more choices the longbow is always going to be a popular fall-back for a lot of people.

in PvP

Posted by: Lupanic.6502

Lupanic.6502

the problem with longbow is the fire field. Fire field everywhere burning down the house.

in PvP

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

I like fighting Longbow warriors.
Especially those (which seems to be the majority) that doesn’t have a clue about how Feedback and Warden’s Feedback works ^^

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square