I need Anet to remove the 25 skill cost!!!!!!

in PvP

Posted by: Krayiss.4926

Krayiss.4926

Alot of us dont have 8 char slots so we delete a char when we want to play another class. DO NOT FORCE US INTO PAYING MONEY FOR EXTRA CHARS SLOTS ITS SO LAME.

Any1 else do this?

Please Anet reset them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Necro 10/30/0/0/30 7/26

in PvP

Posted by: PowerBottom.5796

PowerBottom.5796

the 25 skill cost is absolutely ridiculous.

I literally went back to gw2 after months to try out the new skills and then I need to play PvE for them or sth? Immediately closed gw2 again.

I have no Idea what made Anet do this and it makes absolutely no sense at all.

in PvP

Krayiss.4926

They want us to pay money, ITS THE ONLY POSSIBLE REASON! They give us pvpers almost nothing over the past year then charge us for extra things when we bought the box and just want to play the game and cant when this happens.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I have 4 chars already and if I want to play another class I have to keep deleting my 5th and replay the 1st quest and now I need to get 25 skill points on top of it.

Necro 10/30/0/0/30 7/26

in PvP

Posted by: stof.9341

stof.9341

Alot of us dont have 8 char slots so we delete a char when we want to play another class. DO NOT FORCE US INTO PAYING MONEY FOR EXTRA CHARS SLOTS ITS SO LAME.

Any1 else do this?

Please Anet reset them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Don’t be so cheap. The game is B2P so they have to make money somehow to pay for the servers you use. Buy some char slots once and for all and you’ll be ok.

in PvP

Posted by: Archaon.6245

Archaon.6245

This is stupid, if you make a brand new char for test or just in order to reroll class (Pretty common) you have to go pve or buy kittenload of tomes just to get those skills…are you kittening serious? Couldn’t even test mesmer’s one on my test char cause it has no skillpoints and had to rework all build on main…bad design is bad..

in PvP

Posted by: Lupanic.6502

Lupanic.6502

yes, I have a PvP engineer at level 2 and a PvE Engineer at level 80. Now I have to play PvP with my PvE Engineer because the PvP Engineer in the mist can not try the new skill.

Do not like the change

in PvP

Posted by: Amstel Steel.2058

Amstel Steel.2058

Any1 else do this?

Don’t be so cheap. The game is B2P so they have to make money somehow to pay for the servers you use. Buy some char slots once and for all and you’ll be ok.

What about players that did support this game by buying character slots thinking spvp would be on equal grounds? Personally I have 9 character slots and only one level 80 so the only new skill I can play with is the necros. Now I need to either use my glory and gold on skills or aesthetics or play pve.

I’d be fine if all 8 new skills didn’t cost 300k glory and 40g or a nightmare in pve land. Honestly how many copies of this game would they have sold if this info was leaked before release.

in PvP

Krayiss.4926

300k GLORY + 40g omg thats insane + $30 cash for gems ontop the box cost since you need 3 more char slots.

WHY IS ANET DOING THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Necro 10/30/0/0/30 7/26

in PvP

Posted by: Hyperion.4638

Hyperion.4638

I totally agree that this Anet needs to remove the 25 skill point for structured pvp, i mean we can have all the other skills for free but not this one? Why is that? I honestly cannot comprehend the decision behind this, you do realize that people who ONLY play pvp and have 1 gold on their accaunt and cannot buy them skill right? So why on earth do you force them to play pve if they don’t want, make it costs points for pve but why for pvp when all other skills are for free!

in PvP

Posted by: Hyperion.4638

Hyperion.4638

I honestly cannot comprehend the decision behind this

I can tell you one thing; this has definitely nothing to do with the gem store and sales. =)

I am guessing the million dollars the game has made is still not enough….

in PvP

Posted by: stof.9341

stof.9341

25 skill points is too much I agree. The value is completely tuned for the PvE players that got huge amounts of useless skill points. Thankfully, contrary to GW1 there’s no need to buy the other classes skills here since there’s no dual class XD

in PvP

Posted by: Sudden.8729

Sudden.8729

In PVE, 25 skill points is not really that big a deal. I have over 400 on one of my toons from just playing.

PVP though, I am not really sure enough thought for a skill point cost on this one skill. That kinda has always been the beauty of PVP, no skill point cost and free sandbox trials of builds.

Now, one could say they did it so that people will spend their glory (which is going away) on Tomes. My response to that is “What will happen when the glory is gone and people can’t buy Tomes with it?”

Ultimately, I think the thought behind it was with good intent but the end result is a different product than every presentation Anet has ever given on PVP. Whether they ant to admit it, they have taken away the 100% free sandbox feel of PVP. It may be 95%, but it definitely is not the 100% that has been at the roots since game release.

Vandallias – Champion Hunter Too Seksi – Guardian
www.twitch.tv/the_chach – Random sPVP/WvW

in PvP

Posted by: Chase.8415

Chase.8415

I guess you’re just going to have to buy character slots, or not use the heal skill. They’re all bad anyways.

in PvP

Posted by: Luthan.5236

Luthan.5236

Or just use the 5 free char slots and only play 5 classes. This is enough. Tons of people only have 1 main.

When I read someone “level 2 pvp engineer” and “level 80 pve engineer” I lol’d. There is no reason to make 2 engineer’s other than racial skills(especially interesting because of toolbelt) which are not even available in sPvP. He could just made only 1 engineer char.

in PvP

Posted by: Elmo Benchwarmer.3025

Elmo Benchwarmer.3025

This is what I was afraid of when they announced wanting to bring the different areas of the gaming world closer together.

in PvP

Posted by: Zylonite.5913

Zylonite.5913

agreed +1

……………..

Betrayed by the gods of ANet

in PvP

Posted by: Shadow.4091

Shadow.4091

This absolutely imbalances sPvP. I don’t care about the cost in PvE, but they need to be unlocked automatically in sPvP.

in PvP

Posted by: piffdaddy.8014

piffdaddy.8014

The tomes are account bound. What i did was buy 100 of then, then go to the bank in lions arch (just take the pve portal). Your bank is account bound, so store them in the bank and bring new characters to lions arch bank to retrieve as needed. This is easy because all the traveling can be done with teleports.

in PvP

Posted by: Dahkeus.8243

Dahkeus.8243

So, you want all the perks of having multiple characters with all the skills you want unlocked, but you’re not willing to pay anything or go through any effort to attain this?

Yea…you got no sympathy from me. =P

in PvP

Posted by: Brigg.6189

Brigg.6189

So, you want all the perks of having multiple characters with all the skills you want unlocked, but you’re not willing to pay anything or go through any effort to attain this?

For pve fine. But one of the fundamentals of pvp in this game is an even competitive playing field, and it’s a big reason I play it. This is the first change ever that flies in the face of that.

in PvP

Posted by: Nina.4317

Nina.4317

they can fix it; a skill unblocked is accound bound, so you need just buy once.

in PvP

Dahkeus.8243

For pve fine. But one of the fundamentals of pvp in this game is an even competitive playing field, and it’s a big reason I play it. This is the first change ever that flies in the face of that.

You don’t need to reroll characters all the time like you’ve stated to be competitive. That’s ridiculous.

If you don’t have 25 skill points to buy the new heal, either you’re new to the game or you just have avoided PvE so much that you probably don’t even realize that you can get this easily.

You’re trying to argue against the principle on this, but your claim is really, really weak, especially considering that in almost every other MMO you have to do a decent amount of PvE before you can even touch PvP. Giving all players access to PvP gear and skills the way GW2 does is virtually unheard of. Even in GW1 where you could roll an instant maxed character, you still had to play to unlock other skills and gear upgrades to have any build outside of the default one.

in PvP

Posted by: Brigg.6189

Brigg.6189

You don’t need to reroll characters all the time like you’ve stated to be competitive. That’s ridiculous.

If you don’t have 25 skill points to buy the new heal, either you’re new to the game or you just have avoided PvE so much that you probably don’t even realize that you can get this easily.

You’re trying to argue against the principle on this, but your claim is really, really weak, especially considering that in almost every other MMO you have to do a decent amount of PvE before you can even touch PvP. Giving all players access to PvP gear and skills the way GW2 does is virtually unheard of. Even in GW1 where you could roll an instant maxed character, you still had to play to unlock other skills and gear upgrades to have any build outside of the default one.

Just because other mmo’s don’t do this doesn’t mean GW2 should. It’s one of my favorite things about this game.

It’s not purely a question of being competitive either, it’s also freedom to experiment that I like. Even if I main one class 90% of the time, I like being able to try out other classes for fun, and to learn to play better against them.

in PvP

Posted by: Heta.8629

Heta.8629

yes, I have a PvP engineer at level 2 and a PvE Engineer at level 80. Now I have to play PvP with my PvE Engineer because the PvP Engineer in the mist can not try the new skill.

Do not like the change

Your pve engineer is able to anything your pve one can except it can also do things in pve and is 80. Why have two?

in PvP

Posted by: Verdelet Arconia.6987

Verdelet Arconia.6987

Agrees, SPVP should have all skills unlocked. You can lock it for PVE/WVW.

in PvP

Posted by: Srga.9820

Srga.9820

You need to realise that PVE == Money, at least in the heads of anet developers. I can’t see any other posible motivation besides greed, as it goes against their own policies of creating a level playing field in pvp (only cosmetic rewards).

And you coudl see it in other areas so far, pushing Eports before adding neccessary features to make the game fun, small effort on pvp development compared to pve. I understand some features take long to develop, but kitten your priorities are messed up(Espaths servers give money, templates and gamemodes dont).

So bow down to your PVE overlords, pvp peasants!

in PvP

Posted by: kirito.4138

kirito.4138

Its Anet slow scheme of slowly transitioning you pvp players into pve world.

2016 the mist will shut down entirely =]

http://www.twitch.tv/kirito4138
The only exclusive skyhammer stream

in PvP

Dahkeus.8243

You need to realise that PVE == Money, at least in the heads of anet developers. I can’t see any other posible motivation besides greed, as it goes against their own policies of creating a level playing field in pvp (only cosmetic rewards).

And you coudl see it in other areas so far, pushing Eports before adding neccessary features to make the game fun, small effort on pvp development compared to pve. I understand some features take long to develop, but kitten your priorities are messed up(Espaths servers give money, templates and gamemodes dont).

So bow down to your PVE overlords, pvp peasants!

Seriously? There are costs and expenses to running a game. This doesn’t mean that there is any ‘greed’ involved and it doesn’t mean that you’re some poor little victim just because you can’t get everything you want for free.

If you don’t like the idea of PvE being mixed with PvP, make that point, but don’t start making wild accusations about the financial ethics of a company when it’s backed up by nothing but your cynical attitude.

in PvP

Posted by: Srga.9820

Srga.9820

My point was that their behavior in the past is showing that pvp is getting the short stick because its not as profitable as say pve. Pvpers have no incentive to buy gems, but now we need gold to unlock basic tools.
To see first game in a long time that successfully seperated PVE and PVP is now going against their own ideas that made me interested in the game, a level playing field, is just sad.

(edited by Srga.9820)

in PvP

Dahkeus.8243

My point was that their behavior in the past is showing that pvp is getting the short stick because its not as profitable as say pve. Pvpers have no incentive to buy gems, but now we need gold to unlock basic tools.
To see first game in a long time that successfully seperated PVE and PVP is now going against their own ideas that made me interested in the game, a level playing field, is just sad.

Sure…if you ignore the fact that the sPvP forums are probably the most replied-to section of the entire forums, that the reward system is getting an entire rework, that you can now level through sPvP without ever touching PvE or WvW because of the new tomes, and that you have access to even more rewards now than ever since the Dec 10th patch.

I mean, if you overlook all that stuff, sPvP players are really like poor lost orphans because they need 25 skill points to buy a new heal.

(edited by Dahkeus.8243)

in PvP

Posted by: Josh Davis.6015

Josh Davis.6015

I just wanted to stop by and let you guys know that we are listening. We’re looking at a few different ways to address the time investment it currently takes to get new skills in PvP, but it’s not something we’re able to talk about quite yet.

You’ll see a drastically different system in place in our next major rewards release that should address many of your concerns.

in PvP

Posted by: Adris.1859

Adris.1859

And when is the next major rewards release ?

in PvP

Posted by: Volrath.1473

Volrath.1473

June 2015 or so

in PvP

Dahkeus.8243

I just wanted to stop by and let you guys know that we are listening. We’re looking at a few different ways to address the time investment it currently takes to get new skills in PvP, but it’s not something we’re able to talk about quite yet.

You’ll see a drastically different system in place in our next major rewards release that should address many of your concerns.

Thanks Josh. I don’t agree with people have been reacting to this, but I do agree in that I like the direction GW2 took with having sPvP as something that is self-sufficient and not reliant on PvE. The ability to jump in sPvP without being max level and without needing to grind out gear was one of the top reasons that got me excited about the game.

Now if only we could get the PvE side to be as responsive into looking at why ascended gear takes the game away from the ‘no gear treadmill’ aspect that set this game apart from its competition…

in PvP

Posted by: PlasticHippo.8934

PlasticHippo.8934

last I heard there were four teams who take turns releasing their content, with a release every two weeks each team has two months between releases, assuming they have one of those four teams working on pvp rewards and factoring in the Christmas vacation where we miss a two week release, I would guess we should see a pvp rewards update in about two and a half months. though it is possible I’m missing something. but dev’s never comment on time frames so that’s probably about as close a guess as we are going to get.

in PvP

Dahkeus.8243

It’s for the best that you don’t have a date. I know, it sucks not knowing when this will happen, but when developers force a deadline, it often means that they get pushed into releasing something that’s not ready or unnecessarily holding back something that could be released earlier.

in PvP

Posted by: Magische Boek.2530

Magische Boek.2530

last I heard there were four teams who take turns releasing their content, with a release every two weeks each team has two months between releases, assuming they have one of those four teams working on pvp rewards and factoring in the Christmas vacation where we miss a two week release, I would guess we should see a pvp rewards update in about two and a half months. though it is possible I’m missing something. but dev’s never comment on time frames so that’s probably about as close a guess as we are going to get.

those 4 teams are for the living story ONLY.

I’m not arguing!
I’m simply explaining why I’m right.

in PvP

Posted by: Roc.6143

Roc.6143

It’s need to reset, because it’s a little unfair of skills.

If something was provided to buy or reward,
rank item, skin or finisher should be more suitable.

in PvP

Posted by: Yasha.5963

Yasha.5963

Thank you for the feedback, I really like the direction these changes are going in-I think they will be great for the game overall, but the gold cost to acquire many of the new items/skills is really high for people who mainly spvp.

I have over half a million glory but can’t use it to buy much of the new stuff (including many tomes) because I have only 10 gold. Its been really worrying me because I feel like I’m going to be even locked out of spvp parts of the game.

in PvP

Amstel Steel.2058

That is fair.

The only problem I see is gw1 pacing was faster because it had enough unfixed skills to unlock to do so. I’m hoping weapon skills to be unfixed from a pool to choose from one day as it will greatly aid in implementing an spvp skill unlocking system that will also work wonders with a casual single objective game mode. I agree unlocking new skills is the right direction as I also agree the time investment needs to be addressed in order to pull it off, but in order to pull it off well we need templates which can have 2-3 per class. Additional templates can be unlocked in the gem store which preferably I would buy more account bound templates versus character bound ones.

in PvP

Posted by: Pyriall.5027

Pyriall.5027

We appreciate that you are listening, but the fact that this made its way into the game at all speaks volumes for how you guys process information.

Not a single one of you stopped to think about this and said, hey this shouldn’t be implemented this way?

in PvP

Posted by: Incurafy.6329

Incurafy.6329

Thank you for reassuring us that you are indeed paying attention and taking our feedback into consideration, Grouch, but I would think that as an ex-player who was most likely drawn to PvP by the allure of an equal playing field, you of all people would understand why requiring future skills to be unlocked is a terrible decision that undermines the very premise of PvP.

It’s ridiculous to expect people to grind in PvP to unlock new skills when the entire premise of PvP as advertised before the game even launched is that all skills and equipment would be unlocked in PvP. Even if you lessen the grind, it’s still unacceptable.

thiefhitfor2kbetternerf
all is vain

in PvP

Amstel Steel.2058

It’s ridiculous to expect people to grind in PvP to unlock new skills when the entire premise of PvP as advertised before the game even launched is that all skills and equipment would be unlocked in PvP. Even if you lessen the grind, it’s still unacceptable.

Gw1 was great though because the grind was paced correctly. It wasn’t even considered a grind because there were so many skills to unlock. If anything it was progressing towards additional builds which worked for that game. There are a lot of variables to make it work just as good as gw1 but it is possible.

One immediate fix I’d like is to make spvp only skills be unlocked by 5 skill points versus 25 that can’t be carried over into pve, but that won’t happen.

in PvP

Posted by: Jomo kenyatta.7351

Jomo kenyatta.7351

We didnt need to do this for the other skills. noone wants to pve. how ever you can buy tome of knowledge and i did have a +20 lvl consumable so i didnt have to wait, however i do resent spending that much glory and money to get a skill which isnt even viable

in PvP

Posted by: Rskin.4901

Rskin.4901

Do not like the change

Worst Reason Ever. So what just take 20 seconds to store the pvp armor in the locker and put it on the other charcter.

in PvP

Amstel Steel.2058

Do not like the change

Worst Reason Ever. So what just take 20 seconds to store the pvp armor in the locker and put it on the other charcter.

Willing to bet the pve engi is not a goblin while the spvp one is the smallest scaled one. I did the same with a class though I don’t pve much lately.

in PvP

Krayiss.4926

Ok pm me when I can play again thanks. 1 or 2 months?

Cant they just be removed until you figure it out, thats not hard if you ask me?

Necro 10/30/0/0/30 7/26

in PvP

Posted by: Ant.3415

Ant.3415

Just remove the cost in pvp like all other skills. Why create problems like this for zero benefit?

in PvP

Krayiss.4926

Ya remove it for now atleast. Us pvpers dont have any money to spend on the game anyways your just stopping us from switching classes.

ITS NOT COOL ANET

Necro 10/30/0/0/30 7/26

in PvP

Posted by: Gwalchgwn.1659

Gwalchgwn.1659

Not sure anyone suggested this yet but
Use glory and buy 25 level ups?

Ring of Fire
GL – “The Afternoon’s Watch” [OATH]