I quit.

I quit.

in PvP

Posted by: countytime.8134

countytime.8134

PvP and WvW balance is so broken at this point that it’s unplayable.

Guardians are so brokenly overpowered it’s ridiculous. It’s ok for a guardian to be able to kill a player from full health instantly with overpowered traps, or to be completely unkillable with a defensive build. This is OK. In fact it’s not only ok, they actually got more powerful last update.

Meanwhile engineers have their third nerf in a row, and second crippling nerf, when their main skill is running away and being hard to kill. Not even doing damage, because they don’t even have a damage spike. Just running away.

Staff thieves have just had a damage nerf. A class that’s so weak in PVP that people invent jobs for them. (You decap points! It’s what thieves do!) And staff is the weaker of the two main thief builds. So the weakest build of the weakest PVP class got a damage nerf.

Meanwhile elementalists’ are still unkillable, they just do less damage. Great. No one played elementalists for damage in PVP anyway. A warrior can heal and be nearly invulnerable permanently, as long as they’re hitting something, while doing massive damage at the same time. But nope— engineers and thieves are what needs nerfing.

It’s not playable. Unless you want to play one of the favored classes.

I took a week off from the game and came back today out of boredom and was instantly reminded why I quit. I’m not going to do it any more.

I quit.

in PvP

Posted by: NovaanVerdiano.6174

NovaanVerdiano.6174

okay.

/15characters

I quit.

in PvP

Posted by: SneakyTouchy.6043

SneakyTouchy.6043

They made the same mistake a few times in a row now without learning.

PvP team and Balance team should not be separate. Every pass ends up doubling down every nerf and buff.

I quit.

in PvP

Posted by: SteepledHat.1345

SteepledHat.1345

I don’t even know who you are…… o/

“Failure to remain calm is the sign of a weak mind.”

I quit.

in PvP

Posted by: Saiyan.1704

Saiyan.1704

PvP team and Balance team should not be separate. Every pass ends up doubling down every nerf and buff.

Don’t mean to sound like a fanboi but gw2 is still the better mmo pvp game to date. If it’s because of their system in place then I can’t argue with it.

Other than Ele, I can’t imagine any class struggling in pvp this meta.

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

I quit.

in PvP

Posted by: Zelulose.8695

Zelulose.8695

Gosh these I quit posts are numerous lately. Lets see, we have mesmer op op DH frequent revs. and Season 1 ranked sounds like nothings changed since season 1 back to square one.

Lucky Leaf, Ángël, Clergyman, Side Kick -Lets make Gw2 a better game

I quit.

in PvP

Posted by: Arkarian.1679

Arkarian.1679

If you get killed by DH’s traps, you definitely need to quit the game.

I quit.

in PvP

Posted by: DoomKnightMax.6592

DoomKnightMax.6592

I agree. I will probably quit soon too.

To fix things we need to get to the root of the problem. Does anyone NOT find it REALLY wrong that the PvE team makes balance updates which impact PvP. Am I really the only one who thinks this way?

I quit.

in PvP

Posted by: Ubik.8315

Ubik.8315

Don’t feed the troll, don’t you guys remember all his other posts? XD

I quit.

in PvP

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

I reinstalled the game recently, I thought things would improve but it’s just been getting worse.

Being forced to play bunker as an elementalist is just an insult to how good and fun the class used to be. Then to compare I played with a DH, a class I don’t even know how to play (didn’t even read the traits!), and roll my face on the keyboard and win a 1v2 in my first match. I don’t know what the balance team is thinking but this is a total mess and failure accomplishing their task of creating build variety and “balancing”.

I quit.

in PvP

Zelulose.8695

Face it the issue we have is that this is the best feeling game out right now. The only reason people want to quit is because the the devs don’t listen to the players. This game still has the opportunity to become a standard game as big as wow if they will humble themselves and try to improve rather than being stubborn. There is either allot of potential for this game in the future or some other developer who catches wind of equalized pvp, customizable limited skill-bars, and action combat will be successful instead.

I quit.

in PvP

Posted by: Chaith.8256

Chaith.8256

Everything seems impossibly OP if you’re not packing the knowledge and tools to take them apart. Every game ever has those who quit along the process to mastering the current meta. Thief and Engi have strong potential and are not in a in a bad spot.

Betting ten gold that your staff thief 1v1 perception is reality, and Guardian’s anti thief kit are what makes them OP. Rock, paper, scissors is inevitable, you can try picking your battles, but if that’s not your cup of tea, mail your stuff to Chaith.8256

Forum Lord Chaith
Twitch.tv/chaithh
New Twitter: @chaithhh

I quit.

in PvP

Zelulose.8695

Really though. Between perma retaliation and power negation thief can’t win vs guardian at all. It is purely rock paper scissors.

I quit.

in PvP

Saiyan.1704

Really though. Between perma retaliation and power negation thief can’t win vs guardian at all. It is purely rock paper scissors.

The staff cheese build can beat DH pretty well but you have to be on Min’s level.

Thieves can still +1 cc burst pretty well. They do extreme well with Rangers & Revs. Guards have weaknesses but as a Thief pressuring him with his cds up, without help, is not exactly one of them.

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

I quit.

in PvP

Posted by: Jushiohara.9140

Jushiohara.9140

Cool send me your stuff

The Sylvari Ranger

I quit.

in PvP

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

I wouldn’t say DH are OP, stacking traps and high uptime on blocks is definitely obnoxious, then again they crumble under pressure. Bunker guard is still kind of a joke

Engis needed a lot of nerfs. They were too good at almost everything in this game besides teleports.

Staff is weakest build on thief? Since when? Staff works great vs other classes but.. lol thief. Thief weakest class? In some cases – yes, they are still better off than in season 1 although recent change to stealth attacks is most clueless, stupid, not thought through balance change since HoT release. It makes 0 sense since this game is flooded with blocks, invuls, passives and movement bug preventing you from landing strike but then again it is GW2 devs – no surprise here.

I can solo ele and i main “weakest” class in game lol.

Wars – they definitely could use some adjustment in defense department.

I am surprised you didn’t mention mesmer anywhere xD They have been on top of the food chain for 4 seasons now.

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

(edited by Cynz.9437)

I quit.

in PvP

Posted by: Luto.1938

Luto.1938

Staff thief still does really good damage, and is fun break from d/p. The stealth nerf is a bigger concern but like previous stealth nerfs, its just something else to adapt to. Thief is still fun and it’s in a good spot right now. Just need to play to it’s strengths.

Luto Locke
Twitch Stream

I quit.

in PvP

Zelulose.8695

Idk. The best guardian> best thief because delays at the end of evades guarantee good players free damage as long as they are patent. For example the end of Vault/ D/D cannot be dodge canceled. Thus as soon as they use the skill a good player an punch a damage spike and its as if the evade thief wasn’t evading at all.

I quit.

in PvP

Posted by: PierPiero.9142

PierPiero.9142

I wouldn’t say DH are OP, stacking traps and high uptime on blocks is definitely obnoxious, then again they crumble under pressure. Bunker guard is still kind of a joke

Engis needed a lot of nerfs. They were too good at almost everything in this game besides teleports.

Staff is weakest build on thief? Since when? Staff works great vs other classes but.. lol thief. Thief weakest class? In some cases – yes, they are still better off than in season 1 although recent change to stealth attacks is most clueless, stupid, not thought through balance change since HoT release. It makes 0 sense since this game is flooded with blocks, invuls, passives and movement bug preventing you from landing strike but then again it is GW2 devs – no surprise here.

I can solo ele and i main “weakest” class in game lol.

Wars – they definitely could use some adjustment in defense department.

I am surprised you didn’t mention mesmer anywhere xD They have been on top of the food chain for 4 seasons now.

Engies got a lot of nerf. I don’t know if they are op more, now it seems to me that they are quite balanced. And core engineer is not op at all. Scrapper is strong.. not core engineer so , if you have to nerf it, you have not to nerf core engineer ( which is much more fun to play than scrapper )

I quit.

in PvP

Posted by: bigo.9037

bigo.9037

i hate to break it to ya.. but.. if you get 1 hit by dragonhunters.. all i have to say is… git gud

I quit.

in PvP

Zelulose.8695

If your guna tell him to get good at least tell him how to deal with it. Easiest way. Dodge into his traps twice or block them. Remember the CD one of which is about 20s. Be sure to have some defenses up around this time. When you see him drop low use your defense into his trap. You have now successfully dodged his trap.

To avoid his ganks a general rule is defense up as soon as you see a flash (guardian jumping at ya). It is up to you to know the enemy has a guardian and prepare for a highly likely guardian gank. Give players your own impute but don’t tell them to git good as it doesn’t guarantee your any better against a guardian insta gib gank.

I quit.

in PvP

Posted by: Rezzet.3614

Rezzet.3614

Gosh these I quit posts are numerous lately. Lets see, we have mesmer op op DH frequent revs. and Season 1 ranked sounds like nothings changed since season 1 back to square one.

the fun thing is that everytime people cried about Scrapper the profession got shafted

talk about Favoritism

I quit.

in PvP

Posted by: Zanjii.8214

Zanjii.8214

ok , bb , can i have ur stuff ?

I quit.

in PvP

Posted by: Unterkiefer.8372

Unterkiefer.8372

[…]
Meanwhile elementalists’ are still unkillable, they just do less damage. Great. No one played elementalists for damage in PVP anyway. A warrior can heal and be nearly invulnerable permanently, as long as they’re hitting something, while doing massive damage at the same time. But nope— engineers and thieves are what needs nerfing.

[…]

1. gimme stuff
2. Took my ele ran mid and died, should have traited first I guess… but I trusted you… thought I was invincible… false advertisement

Lem Semmel [SF]

Sorry for shattering your illusions

I quit.

in PvP

Posted by: Light Of The Abyss.5927

Light Of The Abyss.5927

Face it the issue we have is that this is the best feeling game out right now. The only reason people want to quit is because the the devs don’t listen to the players. This game still has the opportunity to become a standard game as big as wow if they will humble themselves and try to improve rather than being stubborn. There is either allot of potential for this game in the future or some other developer who catches wind of equalized pvp, customizable limited skill-bars, and action combat will be successful instead.

The devs HAVE been listening to the players. The last patch alone had so much stuff in it that you can find from forums. “NEW MAPS!!” “FIX SKYHAMMER!!” “QUEUE OUTSIDE MISTS!!” “MAKE ALL CLASSES VIABLE!!” “MORE BUILD DIVERSITY” (and yes it is a step up from a few months ago). Good grief people, how are you so blind. They ARE taking players suggestions into account. The reality is, most people ‘suggesting’ are just complaining about their own issues dealing with a class or personal preferences that make no sense for the state of the game.

Delpfine Drake

I quit.

in PvP

Light Of The Abyss.5927

And the fact that this thread has become a place for advice on playing against certain classes proves that the main issue is just to l2p.

Delpfine Drake

I quit.

in PvP

Posted by: PierPiero.9142

PierPiero.9142

I don’t quit but i think that real life, in any case is better than videogames , so have fun life and a lot of women :-)

I quit.

in PvP

Posted by: JDjitsu.7895

JDjitsu.7895

If you get killed by DH’s traps, you definitely need to quit the game.

Yeah, if you don’t want to put in the time to learn and practice against things that give you problems in the game, you definitely should move on. My kid has been loving Pokemon GO. Looks pretty easy.

Wiggin/LittleEnder/XeroCool/Filthydirtyrotten/MizDemeanor/EnderThaXenocide/ShadowOfWiggin-
Maguuma & A Few alts on other NA/EU servers

I quit.

in PvP

Posted by: CyRuS.6915

CyRuS.6915

Pretty much everything OP has posted is QQ, complain, QQ, complain… just quit already.

Anomaly

I quit.

in PvP

Posted by: Sorel.4870

Sorel.4870

Farewell countytime! I’m not gonna lie, the prospect of never reading one of your “Why is it OK for -insert any profession but engi- to be unkillable?” threads again fills me with sorrow. You will be missed my friend.

I quit.

in PvP

Posted by: Mr Godlike.6098

Mr Godlike.6098

Your unkillable post’s series will be missed…

Was depressed ele…now depressed druid
Kawaleria (KW)

I quit.

in PvP

Posted by: Fivedawgs.4267

Fivedawgs.4267

Don’t mean to sound like a fanboi but gw2 is still the better mmo pvp game to date. If it’s because of their system in place then I can’t argue with it.

That’s only true in high elo, take an average skilled warrior and match him against an average skilled DH. The DH will won everytime.

And ele are ok btw..

I quit.

in PvP

Posted by: nolasthitnotomorrow.8563

nolasthitnotomorrow.8563

You wanted to say “best mmorpg with pvp attached game to date”.
Other than that there are many many many many many many many many oh boy how many other games that are better pvp games. Gw2 has the best when you want to do some PVE with your character that you play PVP with as well lol.

I quit.

in PvP

Posted by: Jourdelune.7456

Jourdelune.7456

Other than that there are many many many many many many many many oh boy how many other games that are better pvp games. Gw2 has the best when you want to do some PVE with your character that you play PVP with as well lol.

Even with build diversities dying, gw2 is the best pvp that let you build your own classes without “grinding”.

All other mmorpg pvp require grinding and the grinders are GOD because they have better stats than you.

But… but… since HoT did kill build diversities… I am not sure that having Build options matter anymore…

So pvp game like Paragon (open beta in 6 dayz) that offer builds options (behind grinding deck cards) could be a major challenger to Gw2 pvp. The big no no, is games takes 45 minutes to play and the match-making suck like gw2 because of not enough good players (yet, the game is new and not released, most BETA player paid the game to test it, while it will be F2P with cosmetic shop).

Dal Aï Lhama (Tempest), Dal Lahu Akbar (DH), Lord Dhal of Dharma (Scrapper) 12k+ spvp games.
Former Team Captain of ggwp (ESL weekly), GLHF (AG), MIST[CORE] spvp alliance guild.
https://www.reddit.com/r/GuildWars2PvPTeams/

I quit.

in PvP

Saiyan.1704

Right I meant MMORPG games. All MMORPG games have pvp attached to it as a secondary function :p

But players keep comparing it to moba, streetfighter, and FPS games for some reason…

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

I quit.

in PvP

Posted by: tichorum.2415

tichorum.2415

Every class in the game is viable right now and can be played. Maybe not a super crazy rifle/longbow warrior build, but there is an iteration of every class that is viable. This is coming from someone who watches every single competitive game in GW2 and communicates with the top players regularly to talk to them about the meta.

Former PvP commentator for ESL & Arenanet.

I used to run the Academy Gaming tournaments for GW2.

I quit.

in PvP

Zelulose.8695

Then why didn’t we see much of every class in the qualifiers. 3 classes dominated aka were a must have.

I quit.

in PvP

Light Of The Abyss.5927

Then why didn’t we see much of every class in the qualifiers. 3 classes dominated aka were a must have.

First people complain about not every class being viable…. Now you are making the argument about not seeing enough of every class??!?!?!? Seriously???? The game will never get to a point where you people will stop complaining.

Delpfine Drake

I quit.

in PvP

Zelulose.8695

I’m just being reasonable if everyone says class x is op and class x is used by all the pros and frequently in hot join i conclude class x is op.

I quit.

in PvP

Posted by: ziggystardust.3721

ziggystardust.3721

We had broken elles…so they ruined them totally. But at least they could only tank a bunch of people…not kill them.

Now guardian. I just can’t imagine what logic that developer has…hopefully he can separate day from night. Extremely hard to kill with huge damage output. I don’t worry that they kill me or I lose, I am not happy that you can’t do almost anything against them. Block after block. Want to make tanks? make tanks. But don’t give them huge dps too. Or lets reduce warriors defensive skills too? Lets increase shroud power for necros?

Well, I found solution. I don’t have anything else to do in pvp just to have fun. So from yesterday I have started to learn my skills, develop some tactics, have some training as long as I see at least 1 guardian in the match. It’s very hard to win when you learning your skills…I think I should try mesmer now.

I quit.

in PvP

Posted by: Kuya.6495

Kuya.6495

You don’t get to be a guardian who is simultaniously hard to kill and with huge damage output. You either go bunker for max defense and healing (menders aegis), go bruiser to win 1vs1s but can lose 2v1 and lacks enough burst to down a bunker (marauder with aegis and symbol healing) or you go full dps which is the full trapper that everyone hates (marauder or berserker with dragon’s maw, procession of blades and test of faith).

I quit.

in PvP

Posted by: katniss.6735

katniss.6735

Pay me $10k like Chaith so I can talk about skill and new metas as if they were good things, too.

Server: Maguuma – Leafy Lass – Elementalist (WvW)
Guild: Bill Murray [Bill]/ [DERP]
twitch.tv/mlgw2