I think SoloQ Leaderboard is totally broken.

in PvP

Posted by: Kitt.2567

Kitt.2567

Almost half, or a bit more than half of top100 are now filled with newcomers with full of luck who continuously just get good teammates by luck.

I definitely don’t think those new top100 with FULL OF LUCK would NOT be able to beat previously existed top100 people like Anas Tarcis, Kirito, The Mercy Goddess and etc in dueling situation though.

I think Anet should prevent people from being displayed in leaderboard if the user haven not had more than 150 matches or something.

Or, just make it grinding system, more you play more rank you get, regardless of lose.

Visit “http://www.twitch.tv/the_korean_gamer/profile” for best warrior builds!

(edited by Kitt.2567)

in PvP

Posted by: Solstice.1097

Solstice.1097

ya think?

/15

in PvP

Posted by: Lord Hammer Hand.4815

Lord Hammer Hand.4815

leaderboard does matter, leaderboard means skill just ask all the top 100 players they will defend leaderboard. if you call them out that they suck or you killed them they will even link your leaderboard score and call you nub for not being top 100 LOL. leaderboard been broken since day 1.

Pacific Islander Legion [NoyP]
Black Gate
Ruthless Legend

in PvP

Posted by: Harbinger.8637

Harbinger.8637

They have been broken for awhile now. I’m not going to sit here and say I’m the greatest, so I should be at the top because I’m not. However I do have a fairly good w/l considering the amount of games I played; 706-378. Yet there are people that are 23-25, and they’re ranked 3 overall.

The whole system needs to be revamped, which I do believe they’re doing for ladders and seasons. That’s probably why they don’t put that much effort into fixing them because they are simply going to be replaced.

Guardian WvW Guide!
Heavens Rage

in PvP

Posted by: Ryan.9387

Ryan.9387

Leaderboard decay is strong. I dropped from 27 to 100+ in 24 hours.

Ranger | Elementalist

in PvP

Posted by: Pyroathiest.4168

Pyroathiest.4168

Almost half, or a bit more than half of top100 are now filled with newcomers with full of luck who continuously just get good teammates by luck.

I definitely don’t think those new top100 with FULL OF LUCK would NOT be able to beat previously existed top100 people like Anas Tarcis, Kirito, The Mercy Goddess and etc in dueling situation though.

I think Anet should prevent people from being displayed in leaderboard if the user haven not had more than 150 matches or something.

Or, just make it grinding system, more you play more rank you get, regardless of lose.

This is to be expected at the very start. Leaderboards work on outliers being smoothed out by repetition. As these newcomers play more games, they’ll be more appropriately matched to their skill level. With a very low sample size though, strong outliers are to be expected.

in PvP

Posted by: Rubik.7192

Rubik.7192

Who cares about solo queue leaderboard? Unless you really need something to stroke your epeeeen on.

Curie.
“I’m so hard right now” – Ozie, in solo queue.

in PvP

Kitt.2567

Rubik.7192 > I do care becuz it was only proof to show my qualification to same top100 people to play with them for team pvp.. lol (Usually I can’t becuz I am not American ankitten ot English-native)

(edited by Kitt.2567)

in PvP

Posted by: Abazigal.3679

Abazigal.3679

Leaderboards are clearly the problem at the moment, and explains why many posts such as " too many noobs in pvp " are appearing.

There are way too many people that do not deserve the top100( and vice-versa experience players that do not deserve so low rating)… The whole thing creates disparities everywhere. Most matchs i had since patch were one-sided..

in PvP

Posted by: Roe.3679

Roe.3679

Leaderboards are clearly the problem at the moment, and explains why many posts such as " too many noobs in pvp " are appearing.

There are way too many people that do not deserve the top100( and vice-versa experience players that do not deserve so low rating)… The whole thing creates disparities everywhere. Most matchs i had since patch were one-sided..

I just started playing in SoloQ (been WvW player since launch with some hotjoin experience) and I’ve noticed that most of my games are very one sided. I’ve played about 24 games, and it seems about 8 have been competitive.

in PvP

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

Who cares about solo queue leaderboard? Unless you really need something to stroke your epeeeen on.

How else do you measure individual skill in PvP? Duels would be ideal, but until then….

in PvP

Posted by: azuzephyr.7280

azuzephyr.7280

This has certainly been my experience too, 4v5 has definitely gone down but scores ending in 500-100 have gone way way up, sometimes it’s your team getting it sometimes not.

in PvP

Kitt.2567

Ok then, I am done with PvP until they make new ladder system. More than half of Previously existed top100 people are now being pushed back by newcomers who have only few wins. GG Anet.

Anyway, GW2 has no reward system like League of Legends or Heroes of order and chaos does, they always reward you weekly if you get into higher rank. Higher rank, more valuable reward weekly. They reward top1~500 people I guess.

I hope Anet would have ladder system like this, but who knows.

(edited by Kitt.2567)

in PvP

Posted by: Dany Little Star.2837

Dany Little Star.2837

Ok I’m done too. Before this patch I played in top400/500 zone. No playing for 24h and go in 93% zone and paired in soloQ with 0-skill players.

PvP after the patch is totally broken. Tournament matches = Hotjoin.

in PvP

Posted by: Rubik.7192

Rubik.7192

How else do you measure individual skill in PvP? Duels would be ideal, but until then….

By simply playing with them. Although some people do carry in solo queue and obtain a good mmr by doing so, there’s a lot of people who just get lucky win streaks and land in the top 50, so not much point in using the solo queue leaderboard as a way to gauge player skill. Also, a lot of the high ranked solo queue players do horribly in team queues.

Curie.
“I’m so hard right now” – Ozie, in solo queue.

in PvP

Posted by: Writetyper.1985

Writetyper.1985

Yeah it’s broken, I’m not at the top anymore ;;

anet please fix with haste thx hugs and kisses no deleterino

Mortryde/Cold/Thugmentalist Bara
really bad engineer