I think mesmers need to be nerfed

in PvP

Posted by: juno.1840

juno.1840

vs. Mesmer, use Ctrl-T — that’s what I do (and I use mesmer almost exclusively in PvP). It doesn’t make it easy to fight a mesmer, but it makes it easier. No such help with Thief — you have to wait for stealth to break (or shoot into the dark).

The issue here isn’t balance… mesmer is well balanced against other classes. It’s the class-mechanic of clones. Same argument with thieves — thieves are not OP, but their class mechanic is very challenging to fight against.

These two class mechanics require skill to counter — more so than any other class in the game (go ahead and pick one — no other mechanics compare). In addition, using these two class mechanics is very easy — it doesn’t take a superb player to use clones/stealth adequately (I’m an example).

I see more mesmers and thieves in PvP than any other profession (especially in the free tourneys). That says something (I wish I knew what ).

Part of me thinks that someone in ANet was thinking “hey, wanna see something funny? Watch this…”

in PvP

Posted by: Razor.6392

Razor.6392

I never have issues with thieves tbh. It’s just one guy to kill.

And ctrl+t helps but it isn’t needed, I always know which one is the right one.

Level 60 pvp
Ele & thief main (full ascended)
Down with the braindead faceroll classes.

in PvP

Posted by: Miko.5726

Miko.5726

I never have issues with thieves tbh. It’s just one guy to kill.

And ctrl+t helps but it isn’t needed, I always know which one is the right one.

Thieves are boring like the hell and OP with shortbow/pistol. Somebody said it´s only a culling problem. I don´t think so. The damage output + stealth is completly insane. Who actually had this idea? Cruel!

PS: My mum said: If you’re having visions, go see your doctor.

in PvP

Posted by: Verdelet Arconia.6987

Verdelet Arconia.6987

These two class mechanics require skill to counter — more so than any other class in the game (go ahead and pick one — no other mechanics compare)

unfortunately the amount of dmg they deal is just too high for using simple skills especially thieves . below is an example on my ranger with 3.2k toughness,1.1k healing power,i used up all my utility in a previous skirmish so this thief killed me under 5 seconds flat.

4k steal,7k backstab,2 times HS for 9k,3k cloak n dagger.

he pressed around 5 buttons only

Attachments:

in PvP

Posted by: Lupanic.6502

Lupanic.6502

vs. Mesmer, use Ctrl-T — that’s what I do (and I use mesmer almost exclusively in PvP). It doesn’t make it easy to fight a mesmer, but it makes it easier. No such help with Thief — you have to wait for stealth to break (or shoot into the dark).

The issue here isn’t balance… mesmer is well balanced against other classes. It’s the class-mechanic of clones. Same argument with thieves — thieves are not OP, but their class mechanic is very challenging to fight against.

Does crtl+t stay on the main Mesmer all the time no matter what?

in PvP

Razor.6392

Until the mesmer decides to stealth

Level 60 pvp

in PvP

Posted by: Miko.5726

Miko.5726

Anet should rethink and restrict the maps to a maximum of 5 vs 5 maybe 6 vs. 6. After that they should go a step further and divide into a maximum of 3 players a class on BOTH teams. In addition, they should know that it’s no fun to fight against 1000 clones or illusions. It’s annoying. Even if the Mesmer is the baby of Anet, it is not free from errors. I’m so sorry i must say: “it’s r_etar_ded”.

In 5 vs 5 Tournaments i prefer ONE class by team.

in PvP

Posted by: hharry.1967

hharry.1967

These two class mechanics require skill to counter — more so than any other class in the game (go ahead and pick one — no other mechanics compare)

unfortunately the amount of dmg they deal is just too high for using simple skills especially thieves . below is an example on my ranger with 3.2k toughness,1.1k healing power,i used up all my utility in a previous skirmish so this thief killed me under 5 seconds flat.

Same thing happens with mesmers: iLeap, sword skill, 2x clones, mind wrack → BOOM 12k damage instantly only 4 buttons pressed and no risk taken considering you are immune most of the time and you can just go invi or use distortion after mind wrack, 0 risk taken.

in PvP

Posted by: TheGuy.3568

TheGuy.3568

Look its not about dodging the dps but how mesmers in short range have way to many viable stun breaks that lead to DPS. If your stun break leads to a lone it adds to your main line of DPS. Then considering so does your dodge. If your melee downing a clone or phantasm before the shatter leads to a condition.

You have a situation where you cant lock down the mesmer and at the same time of you do he or she will break out if it and retaliate with even more dps. Even running permanent vigor will not help this considering closing the gap means getting hit with an invulnerable state dps attack that while it cast allows the mesmer to gain back the same cds that cause dps.

If a skilled memser faces any class ceteris paribus there is no way the mesmer can lose.

Honestly lets cut the bs and get to the facts. I main DD ele and D/P thief. I personally feel ele healing not scaling but base healing is too kittening high. Its needs to be cut by at least 25-35% to be in line with the overall mobility. Thief I find isn’t as hard as people make it out to be but even I feel reveal needs a 1-1.5 second increase in duration. Nothing is worse than getting to thief he dodges twice and stealths again. The rest is smart play there really aren’t that many tricks. Mesmers shatters need to be toned down 10-15% but really its 20-25% in the name of balance considering that a mesmer doesn’t even have to close the gap personally (even a thief has to do that).

Now none of this means the classes need to be nerfed anywhere else just spvp. Honest truth is even if they did this toned down all bunkers and normalized more dps the fact is we are stuck with a boring game mode and WvW being far lucrative and meaningful.

People love to flame spout l2p for every issue but there is huge gap between saying that it can be done and saying its just too hard t do. Some classes simply put are too hard to beat with the tools in hand. I can barely factor thief into this group but can fully factor ele and mesmer as this. Its not that it’s impossible but that the requirement to counter what they do naturally is just too kittening high.

Now you can say I am whining but truth is spvp is losing pop and its going to lose more pop and honestly I am fine with that I love PvE in the game and I love WvW but spvp is neither fun exciting truthfully speaking I don’t think its worth playing at all.

Edit: Steals damage is too high; it really is. Steal to CnD is too strong and it has always been too strong. Fact is Back stab isn’t really that great if your forced to close the gap naturally neither is CnD as the animation is big flagrant and easy to miss. If the combination of quickness an instant port that does not interrupt the skill cast that makes it so strong. Now the fact is this is counter able very very counter-able. Even a simple stun breaker will break the chain. Never the less steal hits too hard and should interrupt the cast of CnD but I preach to choir and no one will listen.

Kor The Cold Heart War
Wrekkes-Engineer Kore Rok Thief-Asraithe-Ele

(edited by TheGuy.3568)

in PvP

Posted by: juno.1840

juno.1840

I think PvP is definitely worth playing — more so than WvW imho. Smaller maps, smaller teams, instant fun.

However it should be painfully obvious that mesmer and thief are a cut above the others in PvP. If ANet published PvP demographics, I think you’d see a huge disparity for these two classes (clearly my opinion, but without data that’s all I have).

I play only mesmer in PvP. When I fight other mesmers and theives I’m on the edge of my seat working my fingers off. When I fight other classes it’s a walk in the park — I don’t think my pulse even rises. I feel strongly this is due to the class mechanics of clones and stealth. They are hard to play against — period. I mean does anyone sweat the warrior class mechanic? Oooooo burst skill — but no big deal as I can see it coming, I can easily dodge/block/stun-break/whatever. I can’t see a thief pistol unload from stealth until it hits me — period. This is a trivial example, but it illustrates the point.

Without reworking those class mechanics, providing adequate counters to other classes (maybe a “reveal” skill of some sort), or some other idea I haven’t though of, then this will remain the status quo.

Part of me thinks that someone in ANet was thinking “hey, wanna see something funny? Watch this…”

in PvP

Posted by: TheGuy.3568

TheGuy.3568

TheGuy, I would like you to read this thread "Mesmer vs Elementalist from your main forum, here is the direct link.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/elementalist/Mesmer-vs-Elementalist/first#post1614252

I’ll might as well add this link since it is related to the Op thread,

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/community/links/Thieves-rule-W3/first

Why should I read that thread? You need to make your point clearer or read what I wrote in its entirety before you try to point things out. Considering I posted in that kittening thread its relates not to Mesmer vs Ele (ie fighting each other) but to the merits of each class (ie a side by side comparison) wth does that have to do with PvP?

Furthermore you (deep breath) this is the Spvp forums not Wv3 you (deep breath). I clearly state (please learn to read) that any thing I suggest would apply to Spvp solely. Further more in repeated threads I have said WvW is an inherently unfair environment. I doesn’t matter who strong there or not food pop balance etc etc all exist there in-proportionality. Its pointless to point that out here.

Seriously are you joking? you bring WvW and PvE into Spvp to try and make some smug comment after your read the title of a thread and didn’t even take the time to read the content. I cant honestly believe that anybody could be so(deep breath).

I would love to hear the point you were trying to make that relates to spvp?

Kor The Cold Heart War
Wrekkes-Engineer Kore Rok Thief-Asraithe-Ele

(edited by TheGuy.3568)

in PvP

Posted by: jportell.2197

jportell.2197

Same thing happens with mesmers: iLeap, sword skill, 2x clones, mind wrack -> BOOM 12k damage instantly only 4 buttons pressed and no risk taken considering you are immune most of the time and you can just go invi or use distortion after mind wrack, 0 risk taken.

Here you have a massive misunderstanding of how mesmer works… He is not just gonna just pop a mindwrack blurred and do that much damage… Mindwrack base damage is very low… We can get it that high with traits… And even then just one mindwrack isn’t gonna do 12k unless it is preceeded by a full diversion… in this case we can stack 15-20 stacks of vuln IF we interrupted one of your skills… After which the mesmer still has to get 3 more clones out and close with you to get that blurred frenzy/mindwrack combo. Then MAYBE if it’s a full GC they can get 12k mindwrack… But it is not as easy to pull off as a thief 12k backstab and they (the mesmer) will have blown most stun breaks and weapon skills to pull off that combo and has to wait at least 30 seconds to get the exact same combo off… Soooo you were sayin?

Johnny The Gray
GASM’s Bunker Mesmer

in PvP

jportell.2197

Until the mesmer decides to stealth

ooo they get 3 seconds on a 35 second cooldown with decoy… And if they have mass invis guess wht they dont have? Dun dun dun TIMEWARP… if they have veil guess what they dont have either A. one of the 3 stunbreaks that are available to us… or B. Portal Which most mesmers would never go into a tournament without. Few mesmers would use a torch in pvp because the confusion from the phantasm is lame. So if they are stealth heavy that leaves them with only one stun break and veil and portal… And decoy only gives 3 seconds and is not spammable. And if you have called target and it suddenly drops OMG mesmer is stealth. lemme wait 3 seconds… Oh hey there he is again at the same health i left him at… lemme just finish him off with my pistol whip, hammer swing, dragons claw, etc etc… As someone stated before mesmer is like where’s waldo except for with a mesmer 9/10 times its obvious who the clones are… And if you know how to fight a mesmer most of them will freak when they realize you have them locked down and are pressuring them and ignoring the clones and phantasms. Also they are super slow with only one gap closer and one 2 gap openers… We don’t have the in combat mobility of a warrior thief ele or even guardian for that matter.

Johnny The Gray
GASM’s Bunker Mesmer

in PvP

Posted by: ensoriki.5789

ensoriki.5789

Same thing happens with mesmers: iLeap, sword skill, 2x clones, mind wrack -> BOOM 12k damage instantly only 4 buttons pressed and no risk taken considering you are immune most of the time and you can just go invi or use distortion after mind wrack, 0 risk taken.

Here you have a massive misunderstanding of how mesmer works… He is not just gonna just pop a mindwrack blurred and do that much damage… Mindwrack base damage is very low… We can get it that high with traits… And even then just one mindwrack isn’t gonna do 12k unless it is preceeded by a full diversion… in this case we can stack 15-20 stacks of vuln IF we interrupted one of your skills… After which the mesmer still has to get 3 more clones out and close with you to get that blurred frenzy/mindwrack combo. Then MAYBE if it’s a full GC they can get 12k mindwrack… But it is not as easy to pull off as a thief 12k backstab and they (the mesmer) will have blown most stun breaks and weapon skills to pull off that combo and has to wait at least 30 seconds to get the exact same combo off… Soooo you were sayin?

Wotutalkinboutwillis? He can pop Mindwrack and blurred and do heavy damage, exact numbers aren’t really the point. I won’t pretend to be a fantastic Mesmer by any stretch of the imagination but it’s fairly accurate. The swap is pretty easy to dodge negating that initial combo so it’s not “instant” but it’s certainly quick. The combo itself is quite low risk in itself to perform, it’s after the combo that the Mesmer starts becoming somewhat vulnerable.

At the base doesn’t really matter since few are Shattering off a “base” mindwrack. It’s like saying Steal doesn’t do damage unless traited for…well most have it traited for damage.

The great forum duppy.

(edited by ensoriki.5789)

in PvP

Posted by: JinDaVikk.7291

JinDaVikk.7291

let me finish this discussion for all you wvw/spvp who think mesmer is op

clone= doesnt move. no icons. doesnt show names if your options is set right. does no damage. call target on real.

wow that’s so hard? I know I have more experience than most of you and certainly more than you who complain about it but it takes less than 2 seconds to find real one.

its the same as saying stealth thieves are invulnerable. haha
L2p.

Team Radioactive
Crysis, Lil Damage, Ovi, Jindavikk, Guard
Causing cancer all day.

(edited by JinDaVikk.7291)

in PvP

jportell.2197

Wotutalkinboutwillis? He can pop Mindwrack and blurred and do heavy damage, exact numbers aren’t really the point. I won’t pretend to be a fantastic Mesmer by any stretch of the imagination but it’s fairly accurate. The swap is pretty easy to dodge negating that initial combo so it’s not “instant” but it’s certainly quick. The combo itself is quite low risk in itself to perform, it’s after the combo that the Mesmer starts becoming somewhat vulnerable.

At the base doesn’t really matter since few are Shattering off a “base” mindwrack. It’s like saying Steal doesn’t do damage unless traited for…well most have it traited for damage.

Even with the traits the mesmer might touch that damage if the are smart enough to use diversion first and get the max amount of vulnerability on the target… And our damage will still only hurt that much against a GC. AND Glass Cannons have no right to gripe about damage from another glass cannon… It still takes quite awhile to set up the comboto be that effective and there have even been mesmer “guides” encouraging use MW and Cry of Frustration… And just ignore diversion. On an amazing combo I may get 8k total damage. I have seen d/d eles auto attack do 5k damage per hit. (fire). And their water auto attack stacks vuln. (mesmers need to go 15 into a trait line to match that). So most of the people here posting against mesmers have no clue what is necessary for us to achieve damage that other classes get simply from auto attacking. Not too mention every other class has slot skills that deal direct damage ( ours depend on the stupidity of the target mostly)

Johnny The Gray
GASM’s Bunker Mesmer

in PvP

JinDaVikk.7291

fire auto attack for 5k. You sir are a liar. hmm no wonder no one one believes you.

better yet water auto stacks vuln, I have yet to see a working high damage water attune attack. so no ele uses water attune for auto attacks unless they’re other attunes are not up. In which case they need to time them better.

As for utilities that do direct damage…

Warrior…. no utils that do high damage.
guardian… smite condi? most guardians are bunker anyways.
Necro… yes. very much so.
mesmer… obviously none
elementalist… has 2? wave is greatly used.
ranger uses 3 of 3 slots for it as they’re weapons do no damage.
thief… uses none/has none
engineer has no weapon swap and uses kits. technically doesn’t count.

Team Radioactive
Causing cancer all day.

(edited by JinDaVikk.7291)

in PvP

jportell.2197

fire auto attack for 5k. You sir are a liar. hmm no wonder no one one believes you.

Saw a screen shot in the ele forums for it. Go look for yourself.

Johnny The Gray
GASM’s Bunker Mesmer

in PvP

Razor.6392

clone= doesnt move. no icons. doesnt show names if your options is set right. does no damage. call target on real.

wow that’s so hard? I know I have more experience than most of you and certainly more than you who complain about it but it takes less than 2 seconds to find real one.

L2p.

I cannot think of anything to describe such ignorance and stupidity, you completely miss the point and anything that’s been said in this thread so far, thinking that the only problem with mesmers consists in recognizing which is the real one. You better be trolling because if this is the best answer you can come up with, I really do feel sorry for you.

But oh well, as expected from a mesmer player. Generally, they aren’t the brightest bunch out there.

Level 60 pvp

(edited by Razor.6392)

in PvP

JinDaVikk.7291

show me a link and ill believe you.

Only a full glass cannon staff ele could do it (dagger is 3 hits scepter is burn)
Which btw no one should run as 14k hp and lowest defense possible is just lame.

Team Radioactive
Causing cancer all day.

in PvP

JinDaVikk.7291

razor,

um where am I wrong?

All I read was your troll comment.

Team Radioactive
Causing cancer all day.

in PvP

jportell.2197

L2p.

I cannot think of anything to describe such ignorance and stupidity, you completely miss the point and anything that’s been said in this thread so far, thinking that the only problem with mesmers consists in recognizing which is the real one. You better be trolling because if this is the best answer you can come up with, I really do feel sorry for you.

But oh well, as expected from a mesmer player. Generally, they aren’t the brightest bunch out there.

Wow so in your infinite kittening wisdom you are able to ascertain the intelligence of an entire group of players. Sorry sir I’m a nursing major in the top of my class and have a 6 figure a year job waiting for me upon graduation. Please do not make personal attacks based off of class played because that is an extremely weak base for any argument

Johnny The Gray
GASM’s Bunker Mesmer

in PvP

JinDaVikk.7291

^^
Razor,
BTW playing a tank ele means you cant kill anyone. No wonder you lose to mesmers.

Team Radioactive
Causing cancer all day.

in PvP

Razor.6392

Are you illiterate? If knowing who’s the real mesmer was the ultimate counter for them, there would be no complaints.

Seriously, READ this thread, Jindavikk, and see why people think that mesmers are overpowered. I guarantee that absolutely no one is complaining about how hard is to target the real one.

I feel bad for you… I really do. A random stranger in the internet shouldn’t be telling you how to properly take part in an argument. Stop embarrassing yourself.

Level 60 pvp

in PvP

jportell.2197

^^
Razor,
BTW playing a tank ele means you cant kill anyone. No wonder you lose to mesmers.

Lol if you look at past posts he states he is GC. WHEN ppl moaned about losing to thieves the response was stack some toughness… Now that his gripe is with mesmers he still runs full GC… Go figs

Johnny The Gray
GASM’s Bunker Mesmer

in PvP

JinDaVikk.7291

lol now I remeber,

hmm glass cannon, has limited escapes limited to no blocks,

mesmers have alot of escapes and damage,

I wonder why he is kitten ? trolol.

Team Radioactive
Causing cancer all day.

in PvP

Posted by: Schwahrheit.4203

Schwahrheit.4203

The OP would have a little more credibility if he didn’t say things such as “shout Warriors are more viable than 100b Warriors in tPvP” without solid proof such as videos and presence in the top PvP scene.

But as much as you people don’t want Mesmers to get toned down, they will get toned down. Why? Look at Shaco from LoL 1-2 years ago.

Since people are negative about nerfs, how about we buff to balance then?

in PvP

jportell.2197

The OP would have a little more credibility if he didn’t say things such as “shout Warriors are more viable than 100b Warriors in tPvP” without solid proof such as videos and presence in the top PvP scene.

But as much as you people don’t want Mesmers to get toned down, they will get toned down. Why? Look at Shaco from LoL 1-2 years ago.

Ahem.. You mean how they have been toned down… Greatly since launch… Or about the shattered strength bug/nerf… The GCD on shatters that was supposed to be temporary but has been forgotten… The increase in CD on most phantasms the increase in time between summon and attack on phantasm… Please tell me you think these haven’t “toned the Mesmer down” mean while ele’s in general still dominate hotjoin and tourney… And anyone that doesn’t thing warriors are viable is just lying to themselves… Not gonna argue over the type but warriors are good in pvp.

Johnny The Gray
GASM’s Bunker Mesmer

in PvP

Posted by: Leuca.5732

Leuca.5732

Leuca, Phantasms having more than 5-6k health, show evidence? Phantasms are easy to kill in the first or second hit, even i as a mesmer don’t have that health pool and I don’t get killed in 1-2 hits. Obvious, you are making this up.
And hhary, i need your proof as well about zerkers hitting 3-4 damage each.
Why these false information?. As i had stated above, any class can counter mesmers. All my proof are on each class forums and its users posting them on Youtube. Only if you’re theif, you won’t need too because all it takes to be a theif is spamming 1-2 keys, by only using your main skills, easy kill. Only classes which can hit per 3-5k and more are theif and warrior.

Base health for a phantasm at level 80 is a bit more than 2100. Factor in trait that gives 20% more health to phantasms to bring it to about 2500, then Signet of Ilusions, which currently bugs to give 200% more health.

After factoring health in, you then have to take into account that many phantasm mesmers stack toughness now, which is inherited by their illusions. It’s a particularly nasty combination when the signet procs on illusions immediately after summoning, leaving any profession without reliable aoe damage in the dust.

I wouldn’t have a problem with phantasm builds if the above were not true.

(edited by Leuca.5732)

in PvP

Posted by: Lucky Shot.7650

Lucky Shot.7650

The only thing I would change about mesmers is their downed state. The phantasms don’t despawn when they get downed, and there is nothing more frustrating than downing a mesmer and then get killed by their phantasms.

I was dueling a quite good mesmer a few days ago, I managed to down him first several times but to do so I had to blow all my cooldowns. Then, when he was down he could delay his death long enough with Deception to have his Duelist bring me down, since I was at 50% health and without any options. Then, I tried to bring the duelist down after downing the mesmer itself, wasn’t a great idea since it gave him enough time to cast Phantasmal Rogue downing me. Happened several times, it was quite insulting. Oh and I was playing thief, but not the burst build.

in PvP

Posted by: Archaon.6245

Archaon.6245

Again for every person that don’t know how to dodge a shatter:
Target the mesmer. Wait till the skill-icon “Illusionary Leap” is popping under the health-bar of the mesmer (icon: http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Illusionary_Leap)
As soon as you see it you can dodge.

Basically every person that can’t dodge this shatter method is diying and posts threads about how op the mesmer is, without knowing his mechanics.
Best regards to the OP.

^ definately this. If you learn how to dodge a shatter (You can do also by hearing the leap sound) you just learned how to counter a mesmer…yup i know coming on forums crying is way more easy than actually learn something…but come on, it’s not so hard…and…leave hotjoin already…no joke, just leave and l2p your class properly..

in PvP

Archaon.6245

The only thing I would change about mesmers is their downed state. The phantasms don’t despawn when they get downed, and there is nothing more frustrating than downing a mesmer and then get killed by their phantasms.

I was dueling a quite good mesmer a few days ago, I managed to down him first several times but to do so I had to blow all my cooldowns. Then, when he was down he could delay his death long enough with Deception to have his Duelist bring me down, since I was at 50% health and without any options. Then, I tried to bring the duelist down after downing the mesmer itself, wasn’t a great idea since it gave him enough time to cast Phantasmal Rogue downing me. Happened several times, it was quite insulting. Oh and I was playing thief, but not the burst build.

Stealth stomp? Hide in shadows, c&d, bp/hs…whatever…he can’t use his downed 3 if you’re invisible…or just dps him with sbow killing phantasms at the same time…sbow is the “must have” weapon for thieves so no chance you haven’t a sbow on secondary

(edited by Archaon.6245)

in PvP

Posted by: Empathetic Fighter.2065

Empathetic Fighter.2065

definately this. If you learn how to dodge a shatter (You can do also by hearing the leap sound) you just learned how to counter a mesmer…yup i know coming on forums crying is way more easy than actually learn something…but come on, it’s not so hard…and…leave hotjoin already…no joke, just leave and l2p your class properly..

Hearing the leap sound is also a solution, but in tpvp actually hard as ppl constantly speaking.

Read It Backwards [BooN]

in PvP

Archaon.6245

definately this. If you learn how to dodge a shatter (You can do also by hearing the leap sound) you just learned how to counter a mesmer…yup i know coming on forums crying is way more easy than actually learn something…but come on, it’s not so hard…and…leave hotjoin already…no joke, just leave and l2p your class properly..

Hearing the leap sound is also a solution, but in tpvp actually hard as ppl constantly speaking.

We’re usually quiet enough to hear it, we just call incomings and targets saving chat mess for empty moments xD During teamfights we try to stay as quiet as possible just to hear “useful things” once you have your target you maybe need to call for stomps/res or one more incoming eventually…but that’s it, no reason to keep talkin’ all time… if you face a mesmer alone it’s pretty obvious when he’s going to leap just looking for the crippling clone coming at you, not even need to look for leap icon…and if you’re in teamfight targeting someone else you can’t look for the icon on him too..

(edited by Archaon.6245)

in PvP

Posted by: Empathetic Fighter.2065

Empathetic Fighter.2065

I’d be glad if we could be as quite as your team is. The crippling clone is harder to dodge and works in my expierence at least only when you have a distance to the mesmer. As I play guard-bunker obviously not

Read It Backwards [BooN]

in PvP

Archaon.6245

I’d be glad if we could be as quite as your team is. The crippling clone is harder to dodge and works in my expierence at least only when you have a distance to the mesmer. As I play guard-bunker obviously not

And for sure it’s always the same rule…like vs bs thieves, hb wars and so on….he’s a shatter mesmer so he’s going to send out his combo asap, you just have to wait for it… xD

in PvP

Posted by: Lucky Shot.7650

Lucky Shot.7650

Stealth stomp? Hide in shadows, c&d, bp/hs…whatever…he can’t use his downed 3 if you’re invisible…or just dps him with sbow killing phantasms at the same time…sbow is the “must have” weapon for thieves so no chance you haven’t a sbow on secondary

The problem is, I had everything on cooldown (also no initiative of course). I bring SB but I don’t think autoattack’s dps and cluster as soon as it’s avaiable would be enough to kill a phantasm and the mes before he Phantasmal Rogues me. Phantasmal Rogue takes 8 secs to hit after the down. Let’s say I take half a second to get to press f, then he deceptions when the animation is, say, 1.5 seconds rolling. Then he stealths for 2 seconds, it’s 4 seconds. Then I take half second more to get him and 3 to complete the finisher animation. It’s 7.5 seconds, just half second before he brings me down with rogue. What if I take, say, 2 seconds to kill a Duelist?

My point is, anyway, that if two player of the same level of skill duel, blowing everything they have in the process, the one who get downed first shouldn’t be the winner thanks to an attack that takes 40% of health in one hit, nor he should get to keep all his pets that hit for 3000 per attack. If the standing player has left something like 50% hp he won by a decent margin so he should be able to finish off the opponent. It’s just unfair that a mesmer can happily blow all his abilities during a fight while the opponent has to keep some for dealing with downed state.

No other class has a downed state like mesmer does. Guardian’s Symbol of Judgement has 388 base dmg within 4 ticks, no pets. Engi has a 773 base dmg spell, no pets. Elementalist has a 755 dmg over 3 secs, maybe a pet. Necro has a 1260 dmg over time (poison) that could bring you down, but well after the necro itself died. Thief has a 3 secs stealth that blocks finish off animation, that can give 6 more secs to the allies to save him and maybe 2 pets, one that hits hard. Ranger has a pet, but no high damage downed skill. Mesmer has a 806 dmg attack and one or more hard hitting phantasms, and also can delay his death for more than other classes thanks to teleport+stealth. Hell, his Deception is basically Smoke Bomb+Shadow Escape+a little extra.

Vengeance doesn’t count, since if the warrior fails to kill the target he outright dies, so is high risk-high gain. But Mesmer’s downed just misses the high risk part.

in PvP

Posted by: Enjoyluck.2618

Enjoyluck.2618

Op i think your brain needs to be nerfed. The only part that i find op on mesmer is the amount of stuns/daze they have. Aeo weapons with fire sigil kills all the clones.

in PvP

Posted by: SmoothHussler.6387

SmoothHussler.6387

clone= doesnt move.

What the hell are you smoking?

Maguuma: Thug Life: [DERP][ME][PYRO] and other assorted dead guilds.

in PvP

Posted by: ilJumperMT.4871

ilJumperMT.4871

Mesmers that use Greatsword and/or Pistol Offhand are baddies. If you lose to them, shame on you.

If you are an ele and you lose to any mesmer, shame on you. A fart from any ele kills clones before the mesmer can shatter.

Also LOL at people who complain about Mesmer Stealth. Please tell me how I can have so many utility slots! Mesmer NEEDS: Mirror Images, Portal and Blink. Yes mesmer does have stealth skills even elite stealth skills but no one uses them, and torch sucks, focus is a must.

Mesmer is also weak in 1v1 since phantasm nerfs. Its great in TEAM FIGHTS but 1v1 he is free fodder for anyone. No condition removal and clones die instantly.

Mesmer is even free fodder for any thief and warrior in 1v1. Thief can just troll with shortbow instantly killing anything that spawns and warrior kills any clone or phantasm in 1 auto attack due to big frontal cone area and damage.

(edited by ilJumperMT.4871)

in PvP

Posted by: Dancing Face.4695

Dancing Face.4695

Remove stalth from mesmer and ALL be ok, i hope. There are too many mechanics op in mesmer all togheter.
Copies: a “meat” wall, a way to damage, to heal more, to confuse and get target a bit harder compared other classes. Yee you are right, can be easly targeted, but n pvp it’s a matter of second, a good player who can have 2 second advantage can win the fight. when you have targeted the right one….bam! stealth other advantage. Uh let’s target again is so easy…..pls seroiusly. All this while he dps and you try to understand what and where. Matter of second? ok but seconds are years in pvp. Don’t want to remove copies, ok let’s remove stealth so when you found the right one you don’t have to do all the job again. I could go forward lilsting all other op mechanics but i got the point.
Pls do something.

Gandara

in PvP

ilJumperMT.4871

Ranger counters thieves. L2P

in PvP

jportell.2197

^Jumper knows what’s up as well… Look at leader boards… I will say if they nerf thief stealth in some way… I hope they make the agility thief more promising… hot joined on it earlier… It was fun… but I died a lot lol… Increase the healing on with draw and it may be cool… Also he is very much right when it comes to mesmers… Everyone else thinks their burst is “amazing” but honestly a properly specced guardian can do just as much and still survive like a boss.

Johnny The Gray
GASM’s Bunker Mesmer

in PvP

Posted by: Conncept.7638

Conncept.7638

Learn to dodge and you will be fine. Having awareness in team fights is important. If you dont have it you are going to get burst.

Good advice, but not enough in my opinion. How many dodges can you have? And then of course, there’s the question of what you’re supposed to do when you’ve finally mowed down the clones (and cleared all the conditions off yourself) only for the mesmer to stealth away or put them all back up again.

Between clones, stealth, reflection, retaliation, invulnerability, blocks, blinds, and interrupts; the mesmer has too many defensive mechanics. They are the only class that has common access to literally every defensive mechanic in the game; and then of course they have clones, which alone is probably the best defensive mechanic, or at the very least on par with stealth. Which they also have.

They need to lose something to be brought in line.

My personal preference is stealth, you should not nearly kill yourself working your way through a wall of clones, only to see that the mesmer wasn’t even among them in the first place. That’s just poorly designed play.

(edited by Conncept.7638)

in PvP

ilJumperMT.4871

^Jumper knows what’s up as well… Look at leader boards… I will say if they nerf thief stealth in some way… I hope they make the agility thief more promising… hot joined on it earlier… It was fun… but I died a lot lol… Increase the healing on with draw and it may be cool… Also he is very much right when it comes to mesmers… Everyone else thinks their burst is “amazing” but honestly a properly specced guardian can do just as much and still survive like a boss.

Leaderboards mean nothing. Some of the worst players I seen are in top 10. Its awesome tanking 4 people in top 10 leader boards as Bunker BM Ranger for whole match and they never got me below 80% HP

OH LOOK I GOT X QP AFTER I LOSE X^9999 MATCHES!

PS. I love Pistol-Whip thief with 30 in acrobatics, too bad it was nerfed to doing less damage then auto attack and thief can only run backstab now

(edited by ilJumperMT.4871)

in PvP

ilJumperMT.4871

Remove stalth from mesmer and ALL be ok, i hope. There are too many mechanics op in mesmer all togheter.
Copies: a “meat” wall, a way to damage, to heal more, to confuse and get target a bit harder compared other classes. Yee you are right, can be easly targeted, but n pvp it’s a matter of second, a good player who can have 2 second advantage can win the fight. when you have targeted the right one….bam! stealth other advantage. Uh let’s target again is so easy…..pls seroiusly. All this while he dps and you try to understand what and where. Matter of second? ok but seconds are years in pvp. Don’t want to remove copies, ok let’s remove stealth so when you found the right one you don’t have to do all the job again. I could go forward lilsting all other op mechanics but i got the point.
Pls do something.

MUST HAVE for Shatter Mesmer:
Staff for Survivability
Sword and Focus for Burst/CC/Swiftness

Mirror Images for Burst
Portal for defending other cap points
Blink to stay alive against rooting and stuns. No decoy wont work due to IMMOBILZE

Time Warp as Elite

Where is all this stealth?

in PvP

jportell.2197

Leaderboards mean nothing. Some of the worst players I seen are in top 10. Its awesome tanking 4 people in top 10 leader boards as Bunker BM Ranger for whole match and they never got me below 80% HP

OH LOOK I GOT X QP AFTER I LOSE X^9999 MATCHES!

PS. I love Pistol-Whip thief with 30 in acrobatics, too bad it was nerfed to doing less damage then auto attack and thief can only run backstab now

Lol for sure… I just know your name is up there… But its lame thieves are in back stab some pistolwhipping is fun… I have fough a BM ranger in a bunker mes build… Fight never ended :/ lol

Johnny The Gray
GASM’s Bunker Mesmer

in PvP

jportell.2197

Learn to dodge and you will be fine. Having awareness in team fights is important. If you dont have it you are going to get burst.

Good advice, but not enough in my opinion. How many dodges can you have? And then of course, there’s the question of what you’re supposed to do when you’ve finally mowed down the clones (and cleared all the conditions off yourself) only for the mesmer to stealth away or put them all back up again.

Between clones, stealth, reflection, retaliation, invulnerability, blocks, blinds, and interrupts; the mesmer has too many defensive mechanics. They are the only class that has common access to literally every defensive mechanic in the game; and then of course they have clones, which alone is probably the best defensive mechanic, or at the very least on par with stealth. Which they also have.

They need to lose something to be brought in line.

My personal preference is stealth, you should not nearly kill yourself working your way through a wall of clones, only to see that the mesmer wasn’t even among them in the first place. That’s just poorly designed play.

You speak as if we get this in a 30/30/30/30/30 build that allows us to access all weapons instantly… Most all classes have gap closers…. If a Mesmer is running a build with a lot of interrupts its one less access to stealth (torch is the only weapon that gives it and confusion is a joke so there fore torch is a joke). We can get an interrupt from 1 shatter, from the focus (its a pull/kd) OH sword if we don’t block an attack, GS (which is bugged out and the phantasm is useless making only 2 of its 5 attacks worth a kitten and pistol which is on a long cooldown because most mesmers never trait for it… We get one invuln from the sword guess what pistol whip thieves get essentially the same (if they were to use it) because they evade all attacks… and then we have staff teleport They just aren’t invuln, Rangers get several evades, Warriors power through most, eles have mobility, guardians are meant to tank faces… We will not run mass invis in a tourney (if you don’t bring time warp you will get screamed at.) so that leaves us with decoy if the team doesn’t want IoL… Because mirror images is a good way to help your self out.

Johnny The Gray
GASM’s Bunker Mesmer

in PvP

Posted by: mongolianmisfit.8350

mongolianmisfit.8350

Mesmers that use Greatsword and/or Pistol Offhand are baddies. If you lose to them, shame on you.

If you are an ele and you lose to any mesmer, shame on you. A fart from any ele kills clones before the mesmer can shatter.

Also LOL at people who complain about Mesmer Stealth. Please tell me how I can have so many utility slots! Mesmer NEEDS: Mirror Images, Portal and Blink. Yes mesmer does have stealth skills even elite stealth skills but no one uses them, and torch sucks, focus is a must.

Mesmer is also weak in 1v1 since phantasm nerfs. Its great in TEAM FIGHTS but 1v1 he is free fodder for anyone. No condition removal and clones die instantly.

Mesmer is even free fodder for any thief and warrior in 1v1. Thief can just troll with shortbow instantly killing anything that spawns and warrior kills any clone or phantasm in 1 auto attack due to big frontal cone area and damage.

That made my day. But its so true. Mesmers 1v1 are pretty easy for me on an ele. The only time I lose is when another enemy sneaks in a handful of attacks. Mesmers can burst, but personally, are as predictly as warriors in set up. That is why they shine in group settings, so when you have a shatter explode on your face out of nowhere, it hurts.

And from the SOTG, hopefully the improvements to our lazarrr beamz (GS), sceptor/confusion, and future mantra builds will be coming soon. With more viable builds like this, I wouldn’t mind a small nerf to shatter so it is in line with other AoEs. I want to play a mesmer again.

in PvP

Posted by: Gallrvaghn.4921

Gallrvaghn.4921

And from the SOTG, hopefully the improvements to our lazarrr beamz (GS), sceptor/confusion, and future mantra builds will be coming soon. With more viable builds like this, I wouldn’t mind a small nerf to shatter so it is in line with other AoEs. I want to play a mesmer again.

Yes to this please

“The boss you just killed respawns ten minutes
later. It doesn’t care that I’m there.”