I think warrior nerfed too much (with proof)

in PvP

Posted by: Kitt.2567

Kitt.2567

1 Aaron.2413 Dyslexic Child Two 129 88 59.45 Anvil Rock
2 Mrtime.6235 Suifen 63 39 61.76 Eredon Terrace
3 EvilDuckling.2086 Mithrae 11 6 64.71 Blackgate
4 Nakoto.5936 Nakoto 21 23 47.73 Borlis Pass
5 SENA LEE.5389 Jal Ja 10 2 83.33 Stormbluff Isle
6 I Covered Wars.4380 Galorios 39 21 65.00 Maguuma
7 Leohart.4610 Tmngw 505 294 63.20 Sanctum of Rall
8 Nos.9803 Noscoc 472 246 65.74 Isle of Janthir
9 JinDaVikk.7291 Jindavikklz 821 509 61.73 Jade Quarry
10 Gary.1302 Bullek 86 45 65.65 Darkhaven
11 Dug Holes.5841 Mi Ting 6 6 50.00 Maguuma
12 eldritch.3985 Serya Tasdelen 1007 867 53.74 Sea of Sorrows
13 Evan.1026 Evildoers Beware 112 83 57.44 Henge of Denravi
14 Icewielder.4195 Glacies Aurora 18 13 58.06 Tarnished Coast
15 Cyanchiv.2583 Cyanchiv 13 6 68.42 Dragonbrand
16 Slininstien.7546 Sliñ 442 327 57.48 Blackgate
17 sonendo.1347 Snarly Charrly 14 7 66.67 Blackgate
18 nocturnez.9372 Nocturne E 12 5 70.59 Jade Quarry
19 inflambio.4831 Inflambio Na 14 3 82.35 Crystal Desert
20 cymerdown.4103 Mini Ken 660 388 62.98 Jade Quarry
21 BABE.7056 Hetero Mcgee 183 117 61.00 Blackgate
22 Smaukin.7256 Smaukin 49 29 62.82 Jade Quarry
23 nerpie.3294 Nerpie 291 204 58.79 Dragonbrand
24 vashio.6297 Buhbee 445 269 62.32 Blackgate
25 Hardcase.7062 Lexi Wilde 1117 951 54.01 Blackgate
26 blitzcreek.7019 Blitz Blackpowder 15 11 57.69 Fort Aspenwood
27 Aitadis.8269 Majin Buunker 80 51 61.07 Crystal Desert
28 Celtus.8456 Josre 1507 835 64.35 Crystal Desert
29 Kanto.6284 Enjuku 614 533 53.53 Jade Quarry
30 Nase.3972 Nas E 65 22 74.71 Blackgate
31 Snuffles.3298 Snufflés 1484 959 60.74 Fort Aspenwood
32 Israel.7056 Isrælll 127 79 61.65 Blackgate
33 GeoX.5046 Geo Z 67 58 53.60 Kaineng
34 yogasmara.9346 Noirce 23 25 47.92 Devona’s Rest
35 candlecan.9827 Clown Shoez 364 345 51.34 Anvil Rock
36 Arius.7031 Luss Tash 19 7 73.08 Darkhaven
37 Dehuang.2053 Dehuan Fluffpaw 49 33 59.76 Tarnished Coast
38 KoG.7091 Puppyhawk 99 85 53.80 Sea of Sorrows
39 Viprek.6730 C Khiel 301 236 56.05 Anvil Rock
40 Iksargo.2640 Cmc Cmc 1458 809 64.31 Tarnished Coast
41 ahmedbayou.9510 Eva Vermillion 939 631 59.81 Jade Quarry
42 bobloblaw.5618 Frank Underwöod 319 236 57.48 Blackgate
43 killer.8235 God Hermes 31 18 63.27 Fort Aspenwood
44 Skovos.6509 Skovex 233 122 65.63 Blackgate
45 stunningstyles.7054 Stuningstylez 418 192 68.52 Maguuma
46 Guard.6751 The Guardian 536 333 61.68 Stormbluff Isle
47 Luar.5028 Magia Elegante 93 69 57.41 Dragonbrand
48 Cocoacaine.3720 Sir Severus 119 71 62.63 Ferguson’s Crossing
49 Spencer.5792 Spencer Duck 20 9 68.97 Yak’s Bend
50 butax.9287 Butalbital High 171 93 64.77 Jade Quarry

If you look at soloQ rank here there are tones of terrormancers and dd ele mainly, and then engi, guardian, thief, ranger follows that I can see, but i see no even a warrior here. Legendary Gorn.2374 guy, who was only warrior always keeping himself within top50 list before nerf patch, now completely disappeared from top50 list since nerf patch. do you find any1 here? (I dont believe teamq rank since you can dominate if you have just good teammates. so plz consider soloq rank only to determine balances problem) This game have only 8 classes but it is kinda odd that we cannot see even one warrior in top 50 list, it just reflect how they are badly nuffed right now.

i asked some people in soloq about why people do not play warrior in these days and then they said that warrior is trash right now. haha

it could be that i just dont know all of them, so if there is warrior that you know in this list, plz let me know.

Visit “http://www.twitch.tv/the_korean_gamer/profile” for best warrior builds!

(edited by Kitt.2567)

in PvP

Posted by: Emapudapus.1307

Emapudapus.1307

Maybe the problem isnt that they got nerfed too hard or that they arent viable anymore but, that, one specific proffesion can do similar role as war but better("cough"ele"cough"). If thats the case they should tone down that proffesion instead of buffing war.

all is vain

in PvP

Posted by: Israel.7056

Israel.7056

I still play warrior but I’ve had to switch builds more often than I used to.

in PvP

Posted by: Azure The Heartless.3261

Azure The Heartless.3261

Warrior is too simple a class to be viable in high tier play.

this is obviously how it should be and should stay.

Resident Disgruntled, Coffee-drinking Charr.
Zarin Mistcloak(THF) Valkyrie Mistblade(WAR) Kossori Mistwalker(REV) Durendal Mistward(GRD)
I used to think (build op, pls nerf) like you, but then I took a nerf to the knee.

in PvP

Posted by: Kitt.2567

Kitt.2567

lol then anet need to make f2,f3,f4 burst skills more to make play harder

Visit “http://www.twitch.tv/the_korean_gamer/profile” for best warrior builds!

in PvP

Posted by: Azure The Heartless.3261

Azure The Heartless.3261

Nonsense. If warriors were any less shoehorned they’d be OP!

Resident Disgruntled, Coffee-drinking Charr.
Zarin Mistcloak(THF) Valkyrie Mistblade(WAR) Kossori Mistwalker(REV) Durendal Mistward(GRD)
I used to think (build op, pls nerf) like you, but then I took a nerf to the knee.

in PvP

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

Warrior is fine. We just need to see a celestial amulet nerf to bring eles and engis back in line.

in PvP

Posted by: Narkodx.1472

Narkodx.1472

Warrior is fine. We just need to see a celestial amulet nerf to bring eles and engis back in line.

THIS

Ele and Engi equipped with celestial and mightstacking have effectively taken out the bruiser role from Warrior

Warrior won’t ever be a better bunker than guard
Warrior won’t ever be a better roamer than teef/mes

So what is the role of a Warr?

in PvP

Posted by: Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

the role of warrior =
to take on all the forum QQ

seriously, there are still people complaining about warrior in these forums.

in PvP

Israel.7056

I don’t think skill cap has anything to do with it.

My personal experience has been that the prevalence of the common meta engi/ele builds along with the absence of the more traditional bunker guards have made warrior less valuable in teamfight situations where warrior used to be able to dominate.

A lot of people are playing builds that can rotate in and out of fights quickly and/or do enormous damage off point and the more traditional warrior builds like hambow just can’t do either very well.

in PvP

Posted by: NeXeD.3042

NeXeD.3042

I agree game balancing should be done solely based on soloq….I just cant.

Attention Moderators I am not
S P E E D Starr #0 Necro NA or
I Am NeXeD awful d/D ele NA

in PvP

Israel.7056

I agree game balancing should be done solely based on soloq….I just cant.

There are similar trends in Team Arena, at least from what I saw in the last tournament. More engis and eles, less warriors.

in PvP

Posted by: Prysin.8542

Prysin.8542

So what is the role of a Warr?

to carry bad players higher up on the MMR ladder than they should be.

EDIT: Oh wait sorry, forgot LB ranger does that better then warrior now. My bad.

Warrior does have presence, albeit it is not THAT hard to erase such presence

Lv 80 Guard, Ranger, Ele, Thief, warr, engi
Currently @ some T1 server in EU

in PvP

Posted by: Simon.3794

Simon.3794

A lot of people are playing builds that can rotate in and out of fights quickly and/or do enormous damage off point and the more traditional warrior builds like hambow just can’t do either very well.

It’s not that hambow can’t do either very well, warrior as a whole class, can not do that well compare to other classes. thats why hambow stood up and become the prime build.

in PvP

Israel.7056

It’s not that hambow can’t do either very well, warrior as a whole class, can not do that well compare to other classes. thats why hambow stood up and become the prime build.

I don’t think this sort of clarification is necessary. When we’re talking about balance we’re talking about comparing all possible builds for all classes.

in PvP

Posted by: Phaeton.9582

Phaeton.9582

I’ve been saying this for years.

But for those ‘top’ players still treading water in warrior land, I’ll just quote chap.

“bad for the player good for the game”

however

warrior needs to be able to spec to manage active defensive and more subtle mechanics (that are both mechanically and situationaly demanding) ie not just stuff that does damage/facilitates you doing damage.

Sadly there isn’t enough combined brainpower from the player base to properly ask for this. It won’t happen.

to those who think such a wide spread cap can’t be achieved however ….. look at the difference in skill cap between s/f an d/d ele….

Phaatonn, London UK

(edited by Phaeton.9582)

in PvP

Posted by: Meglobob.8620

Meglobob.8620

I completely agree with the OP, Warrior has been seriously overnerfed.

I parked my warrior right after the last patch at the Trading Post, where he will stay until Warriors are viable to play again. Instead I play my terrormancer and Guardian.

Anet constantly do this, rather than balance classes, they buff a class, until it gets loads of complaints then overnerf it. Every single class bar Guardian goes through this process. I believe Guardian is left alone so they have a base guide to judge it all around.

I think its a stupid way to do stuff and feel sorry for the players who only play 1 class, rather than players like me who play all 8 and just switch to the most powerful builds after every balance patch.

in PvP

Israel.7056

I dunno I think warrior is still totally viable.

in PvP

Posted by: coglin.1867

coglin.1867

I dunno I think warrior is still totally viable.

I agree. Warrior is very viable. As well, the OP does not appear to know what “proof” means. What he offered was subjective supporting evidence. Soloq isn’t a very good way to base balance in the least anyway, in my opinion.

A video on what weak PvPer’s and WvWer’s want.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6q3em9s5I4c

in PvP

Posted by: Archaon.9524

Archaon.9524

Warrior is viable but has its counters while d/d celestial (For example) if played at decent level has pretty much no counters in 1v1…not even other celestial specs and can also roam faster than hambow , this makes d/d ele better side bunker than war atm since if you have a decent ele on close he can probably get out from every possible 1v1 without backup no matter the class/spec he would face, and that’s a HUGE advantage in tournament..and keep in mind atm there are many more mesmers around and mesmers are pretty much uncatchable with war and you will always gonna lose in 1v1 on hambow if you get a mesmer who knows how easy is to kite you around

Ark 2nd Account

(edited by Archaon.9524)

in PvP

Posted by: Darksteel.8412

Darksteel.8412

skillcap of warrior too low….lol after doing maybe a week max of homework on engi…and the skillcap is non existent and much more easy and OP than warrior….and uhm skillcap….rigggght ranger is loads of skillcap right with that 1 and rapid fire spam and perma evades,….and much much more….

in PvP

Posted by: Julie Yann.5379

Julie Yann.5379

Warrior was overnerfed for everything outside of sPvP. We are still very viable, we just had the number of viable builds decimated. Change you build to something that is still viable and you will thrive. With the right build even DD eles and terrormancers will run from you.

Those that warrior skillcap is too low have know idea what it is to play the class properly.

Be careful what you wish for, Anet might just give it to you “HoT”
“…let us eat and drink, for tomorrow we shall die;.”

in PvP

Posted by: Aaron.2413

Aaron.2413

lol basing whether a class is viable off of solo q is sooooo stupid….. As you can see im r1 Solo q….. I hadnt played in 5months, i Played 1 game, went up 17k ranks to rank 1…… I play pistol/pistol 17 13 28 12 10 thief…. does that make it viable?? Warrior is fine, you just cant be as terrible when you play it….

in PvP

Posted by: GoogleBrandon.5073

GoogleBrandon.5073

Also a really valid point for Warriors is that they dominated for so long, everyone knows their tricks by now…

“Dodge Evis/Earthshaker/Pin Dow/yadayadayada”

Warriors could use some new or reworked stuff for build diversity… Or a new gamemode… or both

Guild channel with PvP uploads
Lost? Confused? [TCS] – A guild for every state of body and mind

in PvP

Posted by: Quincy.2198

Quincy.2198

Did you seriously spent time on this?

Ninov Is Strng
Ninov Ftw

in PvP

Posted by: Rednik.3809

Rednik.3809

You have something to prove him wrong? Percentages in the top<X> are pretty good indicators for MMO class power rankings.

Kiijna, Xast, Satis Ironwail, Sekhaina, Shira Forgesparkle, Sfeno, Nasibi, Tegeira, Rhonwe…
25 charracters

in PvP

Posted by: glock.6590

glock.6590

lol basing whether a class is viable off of solo q is sooooo stupid….. As you can see im r1 Solo q….. I hadnt played in 5months, i Played 1 game, went up 17k ranks to rank 1…… I play pistol/pistol 17 13 28 12 10 thief…. does that make it viable?? Warrior is fine, you just cant be as terrible when you play it….

I agree with this, especially alot of high ranked players play turret engi, dosent mean its viable.

6’4’’ Master Race. I am Above You.

in PvP

Archaon.9524

I agree with this, especially alot of high ranked players play turret engi, dosent mean its viable.

It is…in soloq, cause soloq playerbase is 70% composed of ppl who can’t rotate and going 1v1 vs turret engis and keep dieing there (Far usually) all match

Ark 2nd Account

in PvP

Rednik.3809

It is…in soloq, cause soloq playerbase is 70% composed of ppl who can’t rotate and going 1v1 vs turret engis and keep dieing there (Far usually) all match

Implying teamQ and its population of 0.0001% of players means anything in terms of balance.

Kiijna, Xast, Satis Ironwail, Sekhaina, Shira Forgesparkle, Sfeno, Nasibi, Tegeira, Rhonwe…
25 charracters

in PvP

Archaon.9524

Implying teamQ and its population of 0.0001% of players means anything in terms of balance.

Top level tpvp players actually mean way more than all soloq and hotjoin population together…even more since anet is still trying to call this esports

Ark 2nd Account

in PvP

Rednik.3809

Top level tpvp players actually mean way more than all soloq and hotjoin population together…even more since anet is still trying to call this esports

Now this is actual mindset which is resulted in current miserable pvp population. Let’s ignore masses and balance around tiny group of people! What? Why are you saying “nobody cares about them and leaving spvp”? It can’t be happening!

25 charracters

in PvP

Archaon.9524

Now this is actual mindset which is resulted in current miserable pvp population. Let’s ignore masses and balance around tiny group of people! What? Why are you saying “nobody cares about them and leaving spvp”? It can’t be happening!

Just for you to know they balanced everything around casuals…and that’s why pvp (Expecially competitive side) is dead…i would rather see many of those really good players who quit coming back than worthless hotjoin full of pve heroes farming chests and achievements…and you’re probably one of them

Ark 2nd Account

in PvP

Rednik.3809

Just for you to know they balanced everything around casuals…and that’s why pvp (Expecially competitive side) is dead…i would rather see many of those really good players who quit coming back than hotjoin full of pve heroes farming chests and achievements…and you’re probably one of them

Suure. And loss of 70%+ pvp population in first 6 months due to extremely uncomfortable for casual population thief/mesmer/dd ele meta is just a coincidence, right?
I always wonder how people like you are always unable to understand what only big casual population can keep pvp alive and support upper skill levels with new players who learning and getting better. Its a skill pyramid, and a basic rule for any MMO.

25 charracters

(edited by Rednik.3809)

in PvP

Archaon.9524

Just for you to know they balanced everything around casuals…and that’s why pvp (Expecially competitive side) is dead…i would rather see many of those really good players who quit coming back than hotjoin full of pve heroes farming chests and achievements…and you’re probably one of them

Suure. And loss of 70%+ pvp population in first 6 months due to extremely uncomfortable for casual population thief/mesmer/dd ele meta is just a coincidence, right?
I always wonder how people like you are always unable to understand what only big casual population can keep pvp alive and support upper skill levels with new players who learning and getting better. Its a skill pyramid, and a basic rule for any MMO.

Gw1 pvp wasn’t for casuals at all it was all rank based, no rank = no good party > no good party = getting farmed…casuals just got roflstomped there and still it had been alive for more than 7 years. So what’s your point again?

Ark 2nd Account

in PvP

Posted by: infantrydiv.1620

infantrydiv.1620

Yes, now that there aren’t 8 warriors per match is clear proof that Warrior is now horribly underpowered and needs to have healing signet buffed by 3x

Ranger//Necro

in PvP

Posted by: CntrlAltDefeat.1465

CntrlAltDefeat.1465

But for those ‘top’ players still treading water in warrior land, I’ll just quote chap.

however

warrior needs to be able to spec to manage active defensive and more subtle mechanics (that are both mechanically and situationaly demanding) ie not just stuff that does damage/facilitates you doing damage.

Sadly there isn’t enough combined brainpower from the player base to properly ask for this. It won’t happen.

to those who think such a wide spread cap can’t be achieved however ….. look at the difference in skill cap between s/f an d/d ele….

All great design starts with simply. Name any device, mechanic, machinery, philosophy of your choice,..the one’s that have endured and remained at top tier have all been the one’s that have embraced simplicity. This is why formula cars have automatic manual transmissions, steering wheel gears, why planes still largely operate off stick and rudder, byt bomb disposal robots are controlled with play station controller’s, why building designed has not changed fundamentally in terms of structure in centuries. This is not what I think, this is what the world knows and why everyone now has a smart phone in their pocket. Nicer interface, touch screen, icon driven, user friendly, simple, intuitive.
It is also for this reason that engi, ele, whatever is not hard to use or requires more skill in any way. They all have less functions than a smart phone which no one finds difficult to use. It is only a matter of memory and immersion in order to get peak performance from a smart phone..not skill in how you navigate options. All professions in gw2 are akin to this principle. The only skill is choosing the right skills for the right moment. Which is no more difficult than selecting contacts when you want to make a call, or selecting text when you wanna text, or choosing camera when you wanna take a picture.
Simply put, warrior’s more streamed line design is not what is holding back. It is in fact historically what should be setting it a head. Simple, efficient, easy=great design that will endure. The reason warrior is not present anymore is because no one wants to play a profession that after one dose of buffs then received a year worth of nerfs with hair brain decisions why it was nerfed. “Longbow generates too much adrenaline” -longbow generates no adrenaline..no dev response, thread closed. That sorta handling would drive any smart player away from warrior. Who wants a profession that gets nerfed for bad reasons, stealth nerfed, openly nerfed, adjusted according to QQ?..no wonder they have all but disappeared.

in PvP

Posted by: Simon.3794

Simon.3794

however

it’s been two years or almost, since when warrior was free kill tier, me and a lot of other warriors have been asking for gameplay improvement/buffs, you know where the idea of Cleansing ire came from? it was from the kitten community, we also provided tons of other gameplay skill improvement.

but no, you know what we ended up getting? Healing signet!
and then they just nerfed building momentum one of the higher skill cap traits that provide higher skill based gameplay, and gave hambow sigil of intelligence and freaking runes of strength

FFS! REALLY!

(edited by Simon.3794)

in PvP

Posted by: JinDaVikk.7291

JinDaVikk.7291

solo q CANNOT be used an an accurate finding,

and tbh..

Last week I have only play condition warrior with cele ammy, have YET to lose 1v1 and now win like 70-80 percent of soloq’s. I topped at 3rd place just from this build.

Lol.

Team Radioactive
Crysis, Lil Damage, Ovi, Jindavikk, Guard
Causing cancer all day.

in PvP

Posted by: Booms.2594

Booms.2594

gorn kinda quit pvp for a while though Ive seen him on a bit more now t

gerdian

in PvP

Posted by: Quincy.2198

Quincy.2198

You have something to prove him wrong? Percentages in the top<X> are pretty good indicators for MMO class power rankings.

That has nothing to do with hambow being nerfed. In his opinion ‘overnerfed’.

Ninov Is Strng
Ninov Ftw

in PvP

Rednik.3809

Gw1 pvp wasn’t for casuals at all it was all rank based, no rank = no good party > no good party = getting farmed…casuals just got roflstomped there and still it had been alive for more than 7 years. So what’s your point again?

1. Gw1 balance was made for different class system.
2. Gw1 is dead.

25 charracters

in PvP

Posted by: exii.8913

exii.8913

The biggest problem about solo queue is that the tactial aspect is completely missing.
In 9/10 rounds in niffl somebody is doing svanir/chief at the start and ignore any plan the team might created before. Just to name an example.

So basicly yolo queue mirroring very well which individual classes are viable and which are not. It’s not a secret the D/D meta eles often carry a whole team in a group fight just because they’re out of balance.

Im playing warrior by myself and I like it but I simply have no chance against such an ele over time if hes playing on my skill level or above (I’m playing lb+a/s or sometimes m/shield+a/s). And basicly I see that the mass of those players are ele or have a “good” counter against this absurd meta build which confirms my ankle of view.

Will quit when the addon appears. Wont pay for turrets, cele amulet and shoutbow meta trash.

(edited by exii.8913)

in PvP

Posted by: Chokolata.1870

Chokolata.1870

I thought Celestial AxeBow is still pretty solid. There are a lot of them in soloQ

in PvP

Posted by: Frenk.5917

Frenk.5917

Also a really valid point for Warriors is that they dominated for so long, everyone knows their tricks by now…

That’s it. At high-levels, Warrior is basically not a threat at all because of this.
At the same time, at low-levels, Warrior perfmors too well for the effort you have to put.

The eternal clash: balance should be based only on high-levels or “paesants” should get a sweet too?

Frenk – EU
All is vain

in PvP

Posted by: exii.8913

exii.8913

I thought Celestial AxeBow is still pretty solid. There are a lot of them in soloQ

It is a stable class which can win a lot of 1on1s if played well. But actually everything can be better solved on ele once he got his 20+ might stacks.
And the uptime of protection and (especially) stability is disgusting. I often experienced the situation where the ele had to stomp just because I didnt have stability left.

Will quit when the addon appears. Wont pay for turrets, cele amulet and shoutbow meta trash.

in PvP

Posted by: GoogleBrandon.5073

GoogleBrandon.5073

That’s it. At high-levels, Warrior is basically not a threat at all because of this.
At the same time, at low-levels, Warrior perfmors too well for the effort you have to put.

The eternal clash: balance should be based only on high-levels or “paesants” should get a sweet too?

Let current builds stay as they are, but introduce new means to let them compete on higher levels without overbuffing current builds (GS love :< )

Guild channel with PvP uploads
Lost? Confused? [TCS] – A guild for every state of body and mind

in PvP

Posted by: Mr Kitten.7359

Mr Kitten.7359

Yea and eles can macro up their whole keyboard with undetectable up and easymode on any point, thats not easy.

[Yak] – Gandara

in PvP

Posted by: Zenos Osgorma.2936

Zenos Osgorma.2936

key binding is the term your looking for not macros.

in PvP

Posted by: Julie Yann.5379

Julie Yann.5379

No, macros is the term. Complex combos requiring specific timing programed into 1 key. It’s more common than you think and virtually undetectable.

Be careful what you wish for, Anet might just give it to you “HoT”
“…let us eat and drink, for tomorrow we shall die;.”

in PvP

Posted by: Booms.2594

Booms.2594

No, macros is the term. Complex combos requiring specific timing programed into 1 key. It’s more common than you think and virtually undetectable.

I know several eles who do the “1 shot” combo on scepter and I guarantee you they aren’t using macros. (the combo that does like 10+ skills in <.5 seconds)

gerdian