I thought this couldnt happen anymore in PvP.

in PvP

Posted by: blackysharky.7581

blackysharky.7581

I love this pvp game so much.

Attachments:

Sir Masao
Warrior
Elonas Reach [EU]

(edited by blackysharky.7581)

in PvP

Posted by: Ellie.5913

Ellie.5913

Oh this is pretty much ALL that ever happens in pvp these days, welcome to the new and improved pvp where if you have a good premade you get the pleasure of farming solo players all day and making them cry

in PvP

Posted by: Sinmir.6504

Sinmir.6504

I thought the change was only that 5 solos could not be up against a 5 man premade. that was 5 solos vs 4 man premade and a solo.

in PvP

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

The matchmaking in diamond, especial high pip diamond is pretty much unacceptable bad. Anet should feel ashamed of releasing this garbage to the public.

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

in PvP

Posted by: JTGuevara.9018

JTGuevara.9018

Yet ANOTHER reason to bring Solo Q back!

in PvP

Malediktus.9250

Yet ANOTHER reason to bring Solo Q back!

Diamond is a rollercoaster for me. I went from 0 to 24 pips to 6 pips to 25 pips to 17 pips to 30 pips and atm I am back to 24 already. Most of the matchups are really bad and just make me hate pvp.
Most of the bad matchups are caused by people teaming up with people of vastly different skill levels but thanks to Anets mechanics all get counted as equally skilled.

in PvP

Malediktus.9250

Just had full premade with 4 legendaries and 1 diamond vs 4 diamonds and 1 legendary, 2 diamonds and 1 legendary were in a party but that triQ was pretty useless (the legendary was on my blocklist for being useless already, so I wasnt suprised)

in PvP

Posted by: Shaogin.2679

Shaogin.2679

I thought the change was only that 5 solos could not be up against a 5 man premade. that was 5 solos vs 4 man premade and a solo.

This is exactly correct. Seriously guys, it’s not like they have an unfair advantage. You have the ability to queue as a team just as they do, you just chose not to and decided to come here and complain instead.

Real issue here is people limiting themselves to 4-man teams because the queue time for 5-man teams is too long. But I know, shame on them for wanting to plan ahead and make a reliable team before playing in a 5 vs 5 team match right?

People astonish me.

Doc Von Doom – Asuran Necromancer
Gate of Madness
Contribute to the Wiki MetaBattle Builds

in PvP

Posted by: Ellie.5913

Ellie.5913

Take notes…. if you wanna farm solo players as an organized premade, only bring 4 people with you in your premade, otherwise you’ll have to fight another premade and actually have a fair fight that you might lose.

in PvP

Posted by: JTGuevara.9018

JTGuevara.9018

This is exactly correct. Seriously guys, it’s not like they have an unfair advantage. You have the ability to queue as a team just as they do, you just chose not to and decided to come here and complain instead.

Real issue here is people limiting themselves to 4-man teams because the queue time for 5-man teams is too long. But I know, shame on them for wanting to plan ahead and make a reliable team before playing in a 5 vs 5 team match right?

People astonish me.

Seems to me YOU don’t get the real issue. People CAN team up and not limit themselves but what the hell does that accomplish? Don’t solo players get a say in this? Oh and for the record, solo players DO have an unfair advantage…AS A WHOLE. (Some solo players are good enough to influence games in their favor.)

PvP is a solo AND team game. Let’s get that straight. There is room for both, just like it was in the past.

in PvP

Posted by: Shaogin.2679

Shaogin.2679

People astonish me.

Seems to me YOU don’t get the real issue. People CAN team up and not limit themselves but what the hell does that accomplish? Don’t solo players get a say in this? Oh and for the record, solo players DO have an unfair advantage…AS A WHOLE. (Some solo players are good enough to influence games in their favor.)

PvP is a solo AND team game. Let’s get that straight. There is room for both, just like it was in the past.

It is not a solo and team game. Even if you solo queue, you are still on a team, you are just allowing Anet to pick your team for you. And there has never been room for both in the past, it’s why the two queues were merged. It’s why people don’t queue as full 5 man teams much. Solo queue is easier and requires less effort, but offers the same potential rewards.

Queueing as a full 5 man team places you against only other 5 man teams, which are not common, creating absurdly long queue times, much like the old team queue. It has nothing to do with wanting to farm solo queue players, it is wanting shorter queue times. The current solution is to queue in teams of 4 or smaller.

The ability to queue as a team will never be removed, and as long as solo queue and team queue offer the same rewards, people will go with the fast and easier method of solo queueing despite constant complaints of getting matched with bad players or having to go up against other teams. Either the matchmaker must significantly improve, the rewards must be split, or queues must be limited to teams only. Oh and the only instances in which a single player can carry their team is when there is a large skill gap between the teams, in which case matchmaking has failed.

Doc Von Doom – Asuran Necromancer
Gate of Madness
Contribute to the Wiki MetaBattle Builds

in PvP

Posted by: SolarDragon.7063

SolarDragon.7063

The thing is, the overall design of GW2 does not encourage teaming up. The lack of VOIP hurts any in-game teamups, forcing you to out-of-game teamups which many players don’t have good access to.
You say that queuing as a full team is not wanting to farm solo q players, but that’s exactly what we’ve seen from the overall community in the leagues over and over.

My vote is improve the matchmaker so that matchups become somewhat balanced on a more than occasional basis.

in PvP

Posted by: Ross Biddle.2367

Ross Biddle.2367

The thing is, the overall design of GW2 does not encourage teaming up. The lack of VOIP hurts any in-game teamups, forcing you to out-of-game teamups which many players don’t have good access to.
You say that queuing as a full team is not wanting to farm solo q players, but that’s exactly what we’ve seen from the overall community in the leagues over and over.

My vote is improve the matchmaker so that matchups become somewhat balanced on a more than occasional basis.

Whenever I’ve queue as a team it’s with the knowledge that I’ll get an easier match, and that I’ll get to farm solo’s :D