I thought this was a port nerf?

in PvP

Posted by: Chukree.1756

Chukree.1756

I thought this was a port nerf patch intended for how OP thief and Mesmer are combined in conquest? Mainly Thief ofc, which is the one beating the mesmer. Now you can port even more because of better camera angle and u can port up on keep so easy that it’s a kids game.

This will buff teleporting so hard and nerf, once again, the few classes without porting.

Porting was already maybe one of the most op abilities in a conquest game. Think about it please… And try to elaborate your updates instead of just posting random. Or hire new ppl idc.

in PvP

Posted by: Random Weird Guy.3528

Random Weird Guy.3528

Can you point me to an official Anet post that said they were going to nerf ports?

Random Engineering // Trixxti // Random Noises (worst thief eu)
Svanir Appreciation Society [SAS]

in PvP

Posted by: Laraley.7695

Laraley.7695

I have only one worf for you: LOL.

in PvP

Posted by: Syncesta.7592

Syncesta.7592

REKT
what a great change

in PvP

Posted by: Random Weird Guy.3528

Random Weird Guy.3528

Also…

I thought this was a port nerf patch intended for how OP thief and Mesmer are combined in conquest?

And their OPness is why the thief/mesmer combo has been pushed out of the meta by the celestial meta right…?

Random Engineering // Trixxti // Random Noises (worst thief eu)
Svanir Appreciation Society [SAS]

in PvP

Posted by: lighter.2708

lighter.2708

Also…

I thought this was a port nerf patch intended for how OP thief and Mesmer are combined in conquest?

And their OPness is why the thief/mesmer combo has been pushed out of the meta by the celestial meta right…?

Celestial have never pushed zerker out of the meta, if anything it’s thief who pushed mesmer out of the meta

in PvP

Posted by: Lordrosicky.5813

Lordrosicky.5813

Can you point me to an official Anet post that said they were going to nerf ports?

Well their communication with their customers/user base is horrendus then.

Character: Henry rank million/Duke Henry
Necromancer/Casual Warrior
[Team] Best WvW guild of all time. EASILY.

in PvP

Posted by: laquito.5269

laquito.5269

They haven’t changed the on point fightability of any class, so what you’re saying is complete bullkitten. How many teams still run Mesmer + Thief combo? Pretty much only 55HP Monks and there are also a couple of teams that don’t utilize thief mobility at all.

Some people’s hate for thief is ridiculous.

Retired GW2 Player

in PvP

Posted by: Solstice.1097

Solstice.1097

Also…

the only reason celestial pushed mesmers further from the meta is because mesmers are great at bursting down bunkers, but they aren’t great against bruisers. The bunker meta was not a bad place for mesmers because bunkers don’t put out any pressure, allowing the mesmer to boon strip and burst heavily. After celestial amulet was released, bruisers replaced the traditional bunkers, and bruisers can put out enough pressure to force mesmers to back off and burst much more cautiously… so the fights last longer, and that’s not a good thing for a mesmer because A) their skills have long CDs they can’t fight on point very well, and C) course conditions by nature have a bigger impact in longer fights, and mesmer has arguably the worst access to condi removal in the game.

in PvP

Lordrosicky.5813

They haven’t changed the on point fightability of any class, so what you’re saying is complete bullkitten. How many teams still run Mesmer + Thief combo? Pretty much only 55HP Monks and there are also a couple of teams that don’t utilize thief mobility at all.

Yeh because what the 25 dudes who take thjs game seriously as teams really matters as to what is good or not. Hint, nah it doesnt

in PvP

Posted by: Boggs.6482

Boggs.6482

I’m personally glad that teleport rng is no longer a thing. We’ve all been playing with these port spots, and they were never an issue until the rumored nerf (which was never confirmed).

Positive imo, +1 anet

in PvP

Posted by: Solstice.1097

Solstice.1097

Yeh because what the 25 dudes who take thjs game seriously as teams really matters as to what is good or not. Hint, nah it doesnt

it matters a bit – it does prove certain things are good. what it doesn’t prove, however, is that other things are bad. there are plenty of viable builds that aren’t being run in competitive play simply because the competitive scene really is not that big, and also when teams don’t stick together for long it becomes easier to adapt to playing with new players if you already know what build they are running, so that helps perpetuate the meta as well.

in PvP

Posted by: Chukree.1756

Chukree.1756

What META are you referring to? There are DPSguardian/thief or Mesmer/thief. This post has nothing to do with the balance of the MESMER class. There are 4-5 decent teams eu and mesmer is in and out of all of the teams. TCG used mesmer, 55 used it. Currently latest has SALT using it, and even solo. that 3/5 and a 4/5 to thief. This has nothing to do with your solo q and celestial ETC BLA BLA. So sick of hearing about celestial whine. Its still the zerkers which are the roamers that carry this conquest game. In a solo q, 5 celestial is strong ofc, cuz it requires less cordination than a mesmer thief spike with no TS. Come with proper arguments about the PORT. thieves port through the landscape atm.

in PvP

Lordrosicky.5813

I agree with PHD. Changing ports would be good. i am sick of mesmers and thief porting around like OP idiots whilst I am stuck in the middle of the point getting ranged down.

in PvP

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

any change that helps vs celestial facerollers is welcome, ty anet

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

in PvP

Posted by: Khenzy.9348

Khenzy.9348

They actually buffed teleports, not only with the camera changes, but when there’s a place you can’t port to, the ability is not wasted.

in PvP

Posted by: Elitist.8701

Elitist.8701

Celestial=Faceroll, Zerker=Faceroll, that means Celestial=Zerker

#BALANCE #ESPAHTS

Best Multiclass NA. RIP my beautiful Necromancer, such a shame. Retired, April 2015. GG Anet,
I’m not coming back, not that you care.

in PvP

Posted by: Sube Dai.8496

Sube Dai.8496

No one seems to understand what the OP is talking about…

ANET announced that they were nerfing certain port locations. This was taken as a nerf to thief and mesmer mobility, with the hope that other classes in the dps role like ranger and medi guard could at least compete for that spot on a team.

What the OP is saying is that the camera changes have inadvertently opened up a new range of port spots. So the nerf has not had the intended effect.

John Snowman [GLTY]
Space Marine Z [GLTY]

in PvP

Laraley.7695

Ofc op complains, he plays a condi warrior, the most weakest build you can find. It can’t take any class 1v1.

in PvP

Posted by: Mak.2657

Mak.2657

No one seems to understand what the OP is talking about…

ANET announced that they were nerfing certain port locations.

Link pls. Saw only players suspicions (was participating too )

This was taken as a nerf to thief and mesmer mobility, with the hope that other classes in the dps role like ranger and medi guard could at least compete for that spot on a team.

Med guard out of meta? Mesmer in meta? Emm?

What the OP is saying is that the camera changes have inadvertently opened up a new range of port spots. So the nerf has not had the intended effect.

It’s not a nerf, nor a buf. It’s just quality if life patch. Though some ports spots now unreachable.

in PvP

Posted by: Bertrand.3057

Bertrand.3057

ANET announced that they were nerfing certain port locations. This was taken as a nerf to thief and mesmer mobility, with the hope that other classes in the dps role like ranger and medi guard could at least compete for that spot on a team.

There was an announcement? Did we all miss it? That would have helped to address all the rampant speculation.

Talleyrand, Captain and Commander of the Bloody Pirates
Asura on patrol in defense of Gandara and Bessie!
Administrator of http://thisisgandara.com

in PvP

Posted by: Mister Stygian.2135

Mister Stygian.2135

I had a match on forest, skills that used to not port up to the top at mid now do, ex steal. 100% this isn’t working as attended if you read the skill description changes. If you can’t jump up the ledge, there is no way that it is a valid path. Huge fail, not much surprise.

(edited by Mister Stygian.2135)

in PvP

Posted by: Mak.2657

Mak.2657

Jump =/= valid path. If u need to jump to get to place then it counts as non valid as always. But if u have any some other route (without jumps) at some distance then it counts valid.
Though pryob not all of changes was intended.

(edited by Mak.2657)

in PvP

Posted by: Jelzouki.4128

Jelzouki.4128

What META are you referring to? There are DPSguardian/thief or Mesmer/thief. This post has nothing to do with the balance of the MESMER class. There are 4-5 decent teams eu and mesmer is in and out of all of the teams. TCG used mesmer, 55 used it. Currently latest has SALT using it, and even solo. that 3/5 and a 4/5 to thief. This has nothing to do with your solo q and celestial ETC BLA BLA. So sick of hearing about celestial whine. Its still the zerkers which are the roamers that carry this conquest game. In a solo q, 5 celestial is strong ofc, cuz it requires less cordination than a mesmer thief spike with no TS. Come with proper arguments about the PORT. thieves port through the landscape atm.

I didn’t understand your OP.
You need to organize your thoughts better so people can understand what in the fudge you’re talking about.

http://strawpoll.me/3648686/r Queue for PvP from any map. Vote Here. Zojoel [ASAP Zerg]

in PvP

Posted by: Talek.6795

Talek.6795

I remember when phd couldn’t beat condi necro 1v1 using his kitten condiwar build he created the topic below:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/archive/balance/Necro-s-becoming-too-op/first

Attachments:

Talék

in PvP

Laraley.7695

I remember when phd couldn’t beat condi necro 1v1 using his kitten condiwar build he created the topic below:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/archive/balance/Necro-s-becoming-too-op/first

Lol, thanks for making my day.

in PvP

Posted by: Celtus.8456

Celtus.8456

Nice that they fixed the teleport bug where it would do nothing and go on cooldown. But they really need to nerf teleport spots like the one on top of Keep. If an opponent cannot reach the teleported player by a couple jumps or a few seconds of movement, then I think it is overpowered.

Josre
Zulu Ox Tactics [zulu]

in PvP

Posted by: choucs.4507

choucs.4507

Condi necro is indeed op 1v1, specially when up against a warrior, specially a warrior with balanced stance, i can basically beat any warrior other then shoutheal n good ones, with my 1 hour corrupt necro.

in PvP

Posted by: sendmark.4731

sendmark.4731

Phd don’t waste your Fear Me on clones auto attacking you.

#ProTip

in PvP

Posted by: William C.6195

William C.6195

any change that helps vs celestial facerollers is welcome, ty anet

I’m enjoying being able to chase mesmers and thieves with Lightning Flash now. Lawl.

NA/EU: Auldon/Auldone
[feat]

in PvP

Posted by: Anton.1769

Anton.1769

no we can just ignore him)

in PvP

Posted by: Roxx.8713

Roxx.8713

Welcome to an other Phd QQ Thread.

Maybe just l2p Phd?

in PvP

Lordrosicky.5813

Mr D, you seem to be attracting a lot of hate in this thread! You are making it! Soon people will give you as much abuse as they give me.

in PvP

Posted by: Supreme.3164

Supreme.3164

Mr D, you seem to be attracting a lot of hate in this thread! You are making it! Soon people will give you as much abuse as they give me.

He basically complain about everything in this game that beats his warrior in 1vs1, just how you complain about everything that beats your ( condi ) necro.

in PvP

Lordrosicky.5813

He basically complain about everything in this game that beats his warrior in 1vs1, just how you complain about everything that beats your ( condi ) necro.

He doesn’t really though does he. He also has said he thinks shout warrior (what he plays) should be nerfed to make it more skill based….

in PvP

Posted by: Phaeton.9582

Phaeton.9582

phd has been harboring hate for thief/mes for well over a year though…

I would too if i jut played war: thief mes can absolutely smash most war builds, or at least prevent them yolo pushing….

Phaatonn, London UK

in PvP

Phaeton.9582

not that i don’t respect your opinion on the matter Henry; I don’t like the way ports can devalue positioning on a necro..

I just hope they find a different way to solve it personally

Phaatonn, London UK

in PvP

Lordrosicky.5813

not that i don’t respect your opinion on the matter Henry; I don’t like the way ports can devalue positioning on a necro..

I think I said in the other thread that I see your point and everyones point on ports. I just want ANY change dude. Literally anything which changes things up = I am happy. Make it 10-15 points a kills in conquest. Nerf an amulet or two, buffs some runes. Just make some changes to keep things fresh. if that comes in the form of port changes then it might not be ideal but at least it is SOMETHING which is why I would be for the changes. I am for change for the sake of change I guess. The game is pretty redundant at this point.

in PvP

Phaeton.9582

I think I said in the other thread that I see your point and everyones point on ports. I just want ANY change dude. Literally anything which changes things up = I am happy. Make it 10-15 points a kills in conquest. Nerf an amulet or two, buffs some runes. Just make some changes to keep things fresh. if that comes in the form of port changes then it might not be ideal but at least it is SOMETHING which is why I would be for the changes. I am for change for the sake of change I guess. The game is pretty redundant at this point.

reminds me of a post I made on march 3rd 2014…

Apart from competition and prestige, what kind of things are most attractive to the high-level players?

snip

Problem statements:

“The game isn’t fun in this meta”

“The meta has been the same for months”

The first statement is probably the biggest one. The player asks himself if this is the perfect time to play. The answer is often no, and so begins the battle between brain and raw addiction (hence the “I quite” posts where players don’t actually quit). Eventually the brain wins..

Action: Watch top player streams; there are moments where builds shut them down without room for counter play. These specific matchups need to be addressed as a priority; they make people quit.

Action: Players want to think a game is constantly being balanced. Conversely many of us sit around thinking of ways to unbalance your game, hence the constant need for adjustment. We enjoy doing this.

Again I know a key objective for the balance team currently is to remove the disparity build-wise between spvp and other aspects of the game. This is a non issue for us. In fact the idea of PvE having an impact on balance is a frustrating one, as we see this as a different game entirely.

Much of this can be solved by regular tweaks to the % damage/healing on skills in spvp. We’re talking in the order of 4-12%. Many of us see such changes as sPvP maintenance.

What falls out of this is the message that the game is actively being balanced, and also shows the game is changing. Players want to know that when Joe Blogs beat them with his cheesy hambow last week, this week his sustain has taken a hit and the matchup will be different. It’s an example of a small % tweak which is much more exciting for a competitive player than say, a buff to shouts.

Of course we want other stuff. Game-modes are a big one, as you guys are well aware. But I think one of the biggest changes that needs to happen first and foremost is a change in the way pvp balance is perceived. It’s not development.. or a feature. It’s maintenance. And just about every player in the mists is looking for new ways to vandalise it.

I know how you feel. but at least unless they cop out on all the specializations changes there will be major waves to the meta come HoT release.

also recommend learning thief while you wait, at least that was the most productive class i learnt in terms of improving my gameplay overall. Personally.

Phaatonn, London UK

(edited by Phaeton.9582)

in PvP

Posted by: MithranArkanere.8957

MithranArkanere.8957

It was not a nerf. It was a fix. It won’t affect most uses of it. Only the few that were not supposed to happen.

SUGGEST-A-TRON says:
PAY—ONCE—UNLOCKS—ARE—ALWAYS—BETTER.
No exceptions!

in PvP

Posted by: Sorel.4870

Sorel.4870

I agree with PHD. Changing ports would be good. i am sick of mesmers and thief porting around like OP idiots whilst I am stuck in the middle of the point getting ranged down.

Thief, mesmer and shout bow are OP… Man, I think you really need to play something else than necromancer to gain some perspective.

If I only ever played my engineer, I would think thieves are under-powered and necros are OP…

in PvP

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

Celestial=Faceroll, Zerker=Faceroll, that means Celestial=Zerker

#BALANCE #ESPAHTS

I’m guessing math wasn’t your best subject

in PvP

Posted by: Supreme.3164

Supreme.3164

He doesn’t really though does he. He also has said he thinks shout warrior (what he plays) should be nerfed to make it more skill based….

I’m tired of reading this word over and over : skill, skill, skill…

Always the same people using the same word over and over and none of you even know what it means, so pls do tell me what skill means in a videogame!

-Am I skilled if I press buttons faster than you?
-Am I skilled if I press buttons in the correct pattern?

Skills, skill…what skill even means in a videogame?

If you’re looking for “equal” base start where the winner is decided purely on tactical level..why do you even play a MMO? You should play a game with a single class, there maybe you’ll find your “skill”

in PvP

Phaeton.9582

I’m tired of reading this word over and over : skill, skill, skill…

Always the same people using the same word over and over and none of you even know what it means, so pls do tell me what skill means in a videogame!

-Am I skilled if I press buttons faster than you?
-Am I skilled if I press buttons in the correct pattern?

Skills, skill…what skill even means in a videogame?

If you’re looking for “equal” base start where the winner is decided purely on tactical level..why do you even play a MMO? You should play a game with a single class, there maybe you’ll find your “skill”

- Mechanical ‘skill’ (which both reaction times and ability decisions come under)
- Rotational/map awareness ‘skill’
- Communication ‘skill’

all three very real and quantifiable in this game.

Yes there is a substantial strategic comp element to spvp; classes and build choices make a big difference.

But to suggest this makes gameplay so irrelevant that player ‘skill’ isn’t applicable is ludicrous, sorry.

Even with one class and mirrored builds however, there would be no way to quantify directly player skill in the precise fashion you’re describing; most objective team games have too many complex variables and too many elements that make up player skill to compare on an individual level all aspects beyond an estimation.

That doesn’t mean player skill isn’t the biggest factor at all levels of spvp.

tl;dr: I’m tired of talking to idiots at work, this is pure venting. (not saying you’re an idiot peace+love+hugs etc etc)

Phaatonn, London UK

(edited by Phaeton.9582)