I tought to give my ideas another shot

in PvP

Posted by: Spell.6082

Spell.6082

1. SPvP F2P Accounts:
- Only able to hit level 2 in PvE then instantly teleports to Mists and blocks Lions Arch portal and “Leave Mists” button
- Only two character slots
- New servers for F2P characters – accessable for both F2P and B2P players
- Not able to gain rewards from tournaments – Chests, Rank Points, Glory Points, Gems – except QP and tickets
- Not able to send mails, use trading post, create guilds, whisper to people that are not on f2p player friendlist

2. Custom Servers:
- Purchased by 60 Gems / 5 Tickets for daily usage
- Server Moderator can start match rotation and reset it, set password, kick players and swap players teams
- Customizable player amount from 1-8 players per team
- Customizable Match duration (time or points)
- Customizable Map Rotation (Random or Pick your map rotation)
- Customizable Point Control (on or off)

3. Hot-Join SPvP:
- Segregate based on current amount of players, maximum amount of players, current map, map rotation type, amount of friends in game, server number
- Types based on player amount: 5v5 or 8v8
- Types based on maps: random map rotation or one map repeated

4. SPvP Tournament matches:
- Remove profession icons and character names from scorescreen before final countdown begins -> show only amount of players and name them Player 1/2/3/4/5
- Change final countdown from 10 to 30 seconds, but players cant swap characters, but still can swap utility major traits / utility skills / weapons / armour
- Show enemy professions and character names when final countdown begins
- Lock utility skills / major traits / weapons / armour after match starts

5. Free and Paid Tournaments:
- Random map rotation with possible multiple maps in same tournament – all 5 maps included.
- Glory and Rank Points for Free Tournaments placement: 1st – 300; 2nd – 200; 3rd/4th – 100
- Glory and Rank points for Paid Tournaments placement: 1st – 500; 2nd – 400; 3rd/4th – 300; 5th/8th – 200

5a. Free Tournaments:
5aa. Solo/Duo Free Tournaments:
- Join solo or two man party
- Reward for 1st place is 1 tournament ticket ticket for victory

5ab. Premade Free Tournaments
- Join only 5 man party
- Leader of group guild name is displayed before match start
- Reward for 1st place is 5 tournament tickets per person; 2nd place is 1 tournament ticket

5b. Paid Tournaments:
5ba. Solo/Duo Paid Tournaments
- Join solo or two man party
- Joining requirement is 1 tournament ticket per person
- Reward for 1st place is 1 QP and 80 gems; 2nd place is 5 tournament tickets, 3rd-4th place is 1 tournament ticket

5bb. Premade Paid Tournaments
- Join only as 5 man party
- Leader of group guild name is displayed before match start
- Joining requirement is 5 tournament tickets per person
- Reward for 1st place is 5 QP and 120 gems; 2nd place is 2QP and 80 gems, 3rd-4th place is 1QP and 5 tournament tickets, 5th-8th place is 1 tournament ticket

(edited by Spell.6082)

in PvP

Spell.6082

6. Interface and Animations
- Two additional bars below HP of target – Endurance and Casting Bar
- Show exact values of HP on players and NPC
- Make all utility and elite skill animations more clear and bigger
- Improve responsivness of character dodging and turning
- Player names bigger compared to NPC names

7. Mechanics changes:
- Mesmers Moa shouldn’t work when target have stability
- Moa shouldn’t be able to stomp people
- Piercing projectile mechanic should ignore projectile protection
- Utility skills and elite skills should have now atleast 0.25-0.5 cast time
- Able to use underwater combat abilities on water surface
- Teleport skills dont work when target or location is in out of line of sight
- Remove passive condition removals from traits

8. Boons/conditions and Buffs:
- Stealth no longer stacks in duration instead refreshes each time its applied
- Quickness is now a boon, that convertable to condition – chill
- Remove Quickness from passive traits and sigils. Obtainable only by utility skills or condition converts.
- New retaliation damage scheme (change that next attacks that hit you deal XXX damage – limited charges as stacks and doesnt stack in duration, increase overall damage)
- New confusion damage scheme (next attack deals XXX damage to you – limited charges 1 stack used per 1 attack; increase overall damage)
- New blind stacking scheme (1 stack for 1 attack, stacks in intensity not duration, reduce overall duration)

9. Downed State / Respawns:
- Respawns are individual and scale during match from 10 seconds up to 20 seconds depending on duration of match. Increases by 1 second each 1.5 minutes
- New skill in downed state as number 5 – Suicide
- Mesmer number 2 downed skill no longer stealth Mesmer
- Thief number 3 downed skill changed to immobilize (like Elementalist number 3 on downed state / like number 1 on Thief shortbow while in stealth)
- Elementalist number 2 downed skill no longer resets HP of Elemenetalist in downed state and have lower duration
- Remove traits increasing downed state damage from all professions and balance damage across all professions
- Rally works only in 600 range from person that was stomped
- Underwater stomping available

in PvP

Spell.6082

10. Amulets, Runes and Sigils:
- PvP Sigil of Rage / Superior Speed / Demon Summoning / Restoration / Sanctuary removed
- Runes of Air removed
- Runes of Ogre (4) Rock Dog doesnt heal Ranger by using downed state number 3 skill

11. Mists world:
- Add normal bank and guild bank stead of 3x PvP Lockers
- Add token seller close to Mystic Forge
- Add stronger dummys (10x or higher HP than Heavy Dummy) close to Svanir / Chieftain / Guildlord Area
- Add Waypoints close to PvP Server Browser / Profession Dummys / Monster / Siege Master and Starting area
- Add profession / monster icons where each profession Dummy or Chieftain/Svanir/Guildlord is standing
- New waypoints to the middle of every map (you can see sPvP maps when you strech out Mists world-map) and make them FFA areas for each server. GuildLords / Chieftain / Svanir / Gates / Trebutches / Points are removed.
- QP Ladder applied in-game into Mists Champions statue

12. sPvP Maps:
- Make all side-points slightly bigger (except Legacy of Foefire and Kyhlo middle points)
- Decaping point increased from 5 to 8 seconds, but Caping point decreased from 13 to 10 seconds
- Make conditions work on objects like trebuchet and gates

12a. Forest of Nifhel:
- Make buffs spawn after 3 minutes when game starts
- Respawn timer still set to 3 minutes
- Make monster kill scale: first kill gives 25 points and second – 50 points and third – 75 points. Make 2nd and 3rd spawn monsters stronger. (make them visually “stronger” ex: add armor on them or something to enhance their models)

12b. Legacy of FoeFire:
- Make gates stronger by increasing toughtnes and health
- Make when you kill a Guildlord it gives you huge stats buff – +150 to all stats for 3minutes.
- Add gate repair kits on side points (Quarry and Waterfall) that would work same as trebuchet repair kit (look below to Battle of Kyhlo changes)

12c. Battle of Kyhlo:
- Repair kit now have set of 3 skills when picked up: 1 – swiftness buff, 2 – throw repair kit, 3 – stunbreak;
- Add longer time before despawn / respawn of repair kit after its being dropped down after holding it
- You shouldn’t be able to use any utility skills or profession skills when carrying Repair Kit
- Entering Mesmer Portal drops repair kit

12d. Raid of Capricorn:
- Move Ruins point from water to the middle of the ship
- Ruins point replaced by Commune of Power that resets point control (similiar to Temple of Silent Storm Commune)
- Cannon Balls obtainable not only from Ship but as well from Water
- Shark are always Neutral mobs hostile to both teams

Balance by values and Ladder system are too much work to do it as a hobby. Profession balance is quite hard at moment when game is not in correct state to make it a great title due to really poor map mechanics (boring and stagnant match progression). There are as well few major changes that would totally turn around whole sPvP balance without even touching any skills, so its better see how they would affect meta and then adjust values of skills.

This could be the real beginning of changing this game in right direction to make it an E-sport.

If anyone is interested why I wrote some things that I did just ask questions I will be happy to answer since all those patchnotes are not just throw in ideas but actually thats that I have been thinking about for quite some time and in my belief would make this game a little bit better sPvP wise.

Those ideas were written long time ago and almost ignored (and removed) by Anet from this subforum so almost no1 saw them but I want to give it another shot.
Some of those things might be already implemented so those might be outdated.

and ANET DONT MOVE THIS TOPIC SINCE MORE SPVPERS LOOK HERE THAN SUGGESTION FORUMS

in PvP

Posted by: D I V A.6018

D I V A.6018

If the devs would actually implement 10% of what you have suggested, I swear I will come back to this game.

These are really great ideas.
Unfortunately everything (despite its cleverness) is EXTREMELY unlikely to happen, that is just how this game-studio works. (Trust me I played GW1 since Beta)

DIVA

in PvP

Posted by: KarlaGrey.5903

KarlaGrey.5903

I sincerely hope it won’t be just another instance of an effort wasted.
It is by far too good and constructive to be dismissed – for any reasons.

RIP ‘gf left me coz of ladderboard’ Total views: 71,688 Total posts: 363

in PvP

Posted by: Viprek.6730

Viprek.6730

Impressive and well thought out post Spell, best combination of ideas I’ve seen. I’d add 1 vs 1 team fights winner takes all, with matchmaking implemented on one of the tournament formats. High level structured tournament play seems best for weekly/ monthly paid tournaments, not daily routine PvP.

I’m sure Arenanet has some of those in their list, I hope they print this one to their next PvP meeting though.

You have my signature.
- Seikir

-Seikir

in PvP

Posted by: Shukran.4851

Shukran.4851

Dear Spell …

where have you been all this time????
thiese ideas are great !!!
i really would like anet take notes of them and apply in game as soon® as possible.
if they need something to make this game better…THIS thread is the answer.
/holy grail

in PvP

Posted by: Jonny.9370

Jonny.9370

Great post. A couple choice suggestions in there that I don’t agree with because they seem OP or crippling to certain classes at a glance to me.

Stacking retaliation seems it could go wrong to me if it is implemented poorly because I think it could turn some builds into a ‘pop retal and wait ftw’ set-ups. I used to do it against inexperienced, really bad Rogues in WoW with my Warrior. I’d wait for their opener then pop Retaliation which worked kind of like it does here, and the rogues would literally end up killing themselves. Funny stuff to see.

Stacking blinds seems like a great idea sure, but what happens when a thief uses Unload twice in Black powder and stacks 5-10 blinds on you rendering your next 10 attacks useless unless you cleanse it? On the flipside for thieves, how would the #3 downed work? Currently #1 also puts out a cripple. A second movement limiter seems redundant.

I think those 2 may be my only concerns with what you have here. If I may, a suggestion to add? Instead of a heavy target dummy with x10 normal hp, or even in addition to, how about a dummy with an infinite health pool? Say if you needed lots of numbers for number crunching, I think it would be better to do it all at one dummy without interruptions like waiting for it to respawn.

Anyway, the ones I really liked were the clearer name plates and the replacement of the Ruins capture point in Capricorn. Top deck of the ship seemed like the obvious location it should’ve been to me as well. So obvious infact, that I don’t understand how in the hell they decided otherwise. Trying to squeeze in underwater combat into PvP?

(edited by Jonny.9370)

in PvP

Spell.6082

Dear Spell …

where have you been all this time????
thiese ideas are great !!!
i really would like anet take notes of them and apply in game as soon® as possible.
if they need something to make this game better…THIS thread is the answer.
/holy grail

I posted those things in this forum a while ago but Anet decided to transfer my post to Suggestions section which almost noone ever reads. So i gave up back then but after seeing anet dev posts I tought about giving it another try.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/suggestions/TPvP-Player-ideas-for-first-serious-changes/first#post834948

in PvP

Posted by: turshija.3627

turshija.3627

11. Mists world:

Not going to happen, because people will abuse it in PvE by traveling to mists, selling their stuff, then clicking on Leave mists to return back
Destroys the point of Black Lion Merchant Express

Other than that, mostly cool suggestions, but I would add this:
11. Mists world:
- Make chieftan and svanir HP same as in forest of niflhel, their hp is much lower in mists, and they are very easy to kill

Open world:
-Add dueling similar to WoW (probably suggested over million times), duel stops when the first one gets downed, so he can rez himself and he is not getting equipment damaged etc. And make duelling available everywhere (yes, even in towns), or at least in the Mists. (but this duelling style will probably kill the entire “server rent” Anet is talking about implementing, so its probably not going to happen at all)

Searchable leaderboards → http://www.gwshack.info
Leaderboards feedback → /forum/pvp/pvp/Leaderboards-with-search-www-gwshack-info/first

in PvP

Posted by: felivear.1536

felivear.1536

Fantastic post. Hopefully it won’t get moved and we can all constructively discuss changes.

feLIVEar: Your resident forum king.

in PvP

Posted by: Chi Malady.2015

Chi Malady.2015

You sir are a gentleman and a scholar.

I especially love the idea of making quickness a boon like they did with stability.

The only point I disagree with is the rally within 600 meters one. I think rallying is fine as it is.

in PvP

Posted by: Xeron.3745

Xeron.3745

Downed State:

i would like to see if Anet remove those class specific skills in downstate like thief 2 or Mesmer 2.

what you think about giving each calss in pvp the same skills like:
1. auto attack
2. knock back from Warrior or Guardian
3. Suicide
4. heal

in PvP

Posted by: PowerBottom.5796

PowerBottom.5796

Nice post and you surely put a lot of effort into it, but in PvP, everything other than

1) Obs-Mode
2) Private Servers
3) Ladder

can wait.

I really liked some of the Ideas though, like:

- Bigger Side-Nodes (I always feel so restricted fighting on them)
- Get all the Maps into the Rota (or at least slightly changed versions of them)
- Give us a casting-bar unless you want everyone to play an asura. ^^’
- I’d also like to see a change to “Blind”, but your proposal wouldn’t change much, because there aren’t too many blinds, so almost every time, it would be 1 stack anyways. IMHO, just make it work like in GW1: 90% of all the Attacks miss when a Target is blinded, but reduce the duration of the Skills that Blind.

in PvP

Posted by: turshija.3627

turshija.3627

Open a new thread in pvp, type the same title and then leave a link to this post … :S

Searchable leaderboards → http://www.gwshack.info
Leaderboards feedback → /forum/pvp/pvp/Leaderboards-with-search-www-gwshack-info/first

in PvP

Posted by: Moderator.1462

Moderator.1462

Hi everyone,

The thread has been moved to SPvP subforum. The previous movement was unintended.
Thanks for your understanding.

in PvP

Posted by: Light.6817

Light.6817

this was well thought out spell, good job, anet needs to listen to you

in PvP

Posted by: Firelysm.4967

Firelysm.4967

Option 1,2,3,4 would ruin the game, very bad ideas. Rest seems to be useful and good.

Wish I could get back to GW1.. PvP-GvG. It feels like we are outcasted, not desired or rewarded..

in PvP

Posted by: Ayestes.1273

Ayestes.1273

I’m impressed, I actually agree with the vast majority of this.

Virydia – Hearld
Tirydia – Scrapper

in PvP

Posted by: MrBLoc.1732

MrBLoc.1732

Nice post
i think what u said its really a good idea to help this game grow like a e-sport

and i think is very importante to incrise the comunate time for each buff and show on mini mapa each time 1 enemy is comunating that will give some chances to the other team defend the buff or try to take it or just a good way to create a good team fight and i think that w8 allways for 8 teams to go tourney sucks its better make only 1 team vs 1 team and still get qp and obc incrise the duration of the tourney games.

sory my english suck

xD U can run but i will kill u xp

in PvP

Posted by: Ayestes.1273

Ayestes.1273

I’m definitely more on the strong side of thinking Confusion and Retaliation need to stack in intensity with a stack removed each time it’s triggered. Would be much more reliable to balance.

Virydia – Hearld
Tirydia – Scrapper

in PvP

Posted by: Syeria.4812

Syeria.4812

Some great suggestions. There’s a number I disagree with, but most are excellent.

Namely, I disagree with or would tweak a few of your down state changes.

The mesmer #2 downstate is fine as is. The only potential change I would suggest is making the clone and mesmer exit stealth at the same time. Taking away the stealth entirely would put mesmer at a pretty serious disadvantage compared to other classes in downstate as there’s no guarantee the random teleport would even move them out of range of a spike.

I don’t like your suggestion for changing thief down state either, but can’t honestly defend it in the context of other classes.

It’s a good idea to put a range cap on rally, but 600 is too small. The range should be at least 1500 so that any player that can hit the downed state player could also cause them to rally. I’d personally suggest something more akin to a 2100 or so range. A thief getting downed shouldn’t be able to use their 2 skill to get out of range of a downed opponent to prevent a rally.

There were a few others I didn’t care for while reading through, but those were the only ones that really stuck out. Great post overall though!

in PvP

Syeria.4812

11. Mists world:

Not going to happen, because people will abuse it in PvE by traveling to mists, selling their stuff, then clicking on Leave mists to return back

Players on servers without WvW queues can already do this by traveling to their home borderland. The crafting merchants provide bank access, and exiting via character select returns the player to their same spot in the world. Besides, you can’t sell PvE items in the mists anyway can you?

in PvP

Spell.6082

11. Mists world:

Players on servers without WvW queues can already do this by traveling to their home borderland. The crafting merchants provide bank access, and exiting via character select returns the player to their same spot in the world. Besides, you can’t sell PvE items in the mists anyway can you?

Reasoning is that there are some players that are only sPvPers and actually dont want to load screen to other locations to swap to PvE area. It would make it a little bit more convinient for sPvPers to have those stuff and 3x PvP lockers are pointless anyway. When I was making this post (as i wrote it was quite some time ago) there wasnt possiblity to stack Glory Boosters or Tickets in PvP Locker and that was the reason I wrote this idea.

Namely, I disagree with or would tweak a few of your down state changes.

The mesmer #2 downstate is fine as is. The only potential change I would suggest is making the clone and mesmer exit stealth at the same time. Taking away the stealth entirely would put mesmer at a pretty serious disadvantage compared to other classes in downstate as there’s no guarantee the random teleport would even move them out of range of a spike.

I don’t like your suggestion for changing thief down state either, but can’t honestly defend it in the context of other classes.

It’s a good idea to put a range cap on rally, but 600 is too small. The range should be at least 1500 so that any player that can hit the downed state player could also cause them to rally. I’d personally suggest something more akin to a 2100 or so range. A thief getting downed shouldn’t be able to use their 2 skill to get out of range of a downed opponent to prevent a rally.

I think downed state stealths are simply very very stupid, thats why I gave an idea to make those changes. Stealth when downed makes a fight much more confusing and hard for new players to understand whats happening and not being completely balanced compared to other profession skills. Stealth as mechanic is not quite polished due to it being really unfun for enemies. Let me explain what i mean by that – there is very little possible counterplay to it – dmg doesnt break it, can stomp/res people without breaking stealth, no revealing skills, can be stacked for huge amounts of time, very low CD and can be used in combat, only way to counterplay it to basically blindly dps area where you think enemy is standing

600 range on rally in my opinion is optimal range since 600 is around point + surroundings that are mostly in LoS. Random Rally on map happend to me far too often that could change game completely because of simple luck. It would give game additional depth since you would sometimes want to die close to enemy to be able to rally and not always run away as far as possible every time.

in PvP

Syeria.4812

I think downed state stealths are simply very very stupid, thats why I gave an idea to make those changes. Stealth when downed makes a fight much more confusing and hard for new players to understand whats happening and not being completely balanced compared to other profession skills. Stealth as mechanic is not quite polished due to it being really unfun for enemies. Let me explain what i mean by that – there is very little possible counterplay to it – dmg doesnt break it, can stomp/res people without breaking stealth, no revealing skills, can be stacked for huge amounts of time, very low CD and can be used in combat, only way to counterplay it to basically blindly dps area where you think enemy is standing

If mesmer stealth on #2 was removed, they would need a new escape skill as they effectively would not have one. Depending upon terrain, the teleport from #2 frequently will not move them out of range of a spike, and that would put them at a significant disadvantage.

As for stealth on down in general, I don’t think that it’s broken as is, but it could probably use some adjustment. Most notably, I think the durations could be shortened. If a downed player uses stealth as a spike is started, I think stealth should wear off before completion of the animation (and therefore having the spike succeed). This forces the downed player to wait until the last second to use stealth, but also offers up more options for the spiking players. I think this opens up more play options than simply removing stealth entirely, both for the downed player (and their team) as well as the attackers.

600 range on rally in my opinion is optimal range since 600 is around point + surroundings that are mostly in LoS. Random Rally on map happend to me far too often that could change game completely because of simple luck. It would give game additional depth since you would sometimes want to die close to enemy to be able to rally and not always run away as far as possible every time.

The issue with the smaller range is that a player could be attacked by someone who they cannot be rallied by. The range for most (all?) downed skills is 900. If I’m downed and able to hit someone, I should at the very least be able to rally off them. I’d like to see that expanded at least to the maximum range of any character, downed or otherwise. In the case of a ranger with Eagle Eye, that’s 1500 range. In a similar vein, if a thief is attack at maximum range and is downed, they shouldn’t be able to Shadow Escape out of rally range, which would be 900 shortbow/pistol range + 600 Shadow Escape range for that same 1500 figure.

That 1500 figure is certainly limited enough to prevent random rally, as you’re only rallied by people close enough to theoretically hit you. In the case of a 600 limitation, worrying about whether a player is close enough to cause a rally (and therefore determining whether you should spike or revive) doesn’t really contribute anything to gameplay. It just adds an aggravating factor that (in cases where the distance is extremely close) seems almost random. Furthermore, with a 600 range on thief down 2, a thief could always move themselves outside of rally range on a character. Likewise, a mesmer would sometimes move out of range (completely at random) with their escape skill.