I tried but cant

I tried but cant

in PvP

Posted by: kdaddy.5431

kdaddy.5431

Anet i was liking PvP, i was running some core builds with some really good success.

Was in gold 3 but this is the lowest my rating has ever been but i understood since i was running less then builds.

But match after match im getting people who camp. They run far and sit or run home and sit all game. If they win a fight they say they held home for us. If they lose fights they cry about not getting any help.

I wont get into match manipulation since i havent seen it this season and ive only played about 13-14 games.

This is unreal though, im not talking players losing fights because they run into better players. I wasnt one to get mad at that, (unless they kept doing it all game and the fights were not close) honestly i only got upset with people who talked smacked for no reason or if i thought they made the bad play.

I have played 5 or so games where people are literally not moving. I have not played this style of PvP in GW2 since 2013.

That can not be gold 2-3/ plat 1 level of skill if thats the level of players i am teamed up with or playing against.

I tried but cant

in PvP

Posted by: Ramoth.9064

Ramoth.9064

This is what happens when your game has no basic tutorials. People don’t understand when they are making mistakes.

I tried but cant

in PvP

kdaddy.5431

This is what happens when your game has no basic tutorials. People don’t understand when they are making mistakes.

I mean the tutorials is another thing.

But i have like almost 10k matches, i got to legendary when i wanted to and finished plat 1 S5 and was in PLat 2 for a bit. Even playing minimal games S6 with a rifle warrior and full trap ranger i was in gold 3 in S6.

I just seriously cant believe that this is the skill level people are playing at to be in gold and plat. Ive lost over 90 rating my matches today and thats isnt whats bothering me.

I think ive just lost my mind when it comes to this game.

Like i did my first season of LoL and i got to silver 4. I dont play with gold 4 and plat level players. Im playing with other silver players. It just boggles my mind how the system is working.

I tried but cant

in PvP

Posted by: Wolfric.9380

Wolfric.9380

gold + should nevre need a tutorial …. Even silver should know what to do ….
But also had this in gold. A player mostly sat on home. But fortunately this i rare in EU.
Whats common is that the skill diffrence is large. Often too large.

I tried but cant

in PvP

Posted by: Rodzynald.5897

Rodzynald.5897

This is trully bizzare for a player who once reached legendary or plat stayed in gold and for you to have such bad experiences. Now as I see how people boast with their 1-250 rank means nothing to me now. I can’t really say for sure how it happens, is it you who didn’t deserve legend/plat in the first place? Or did the system screw you over?
Two seasons ago I got placed in gold and made my way solo to low plat after about 200 matches, I thought that I lack something. The next season I started in high gold but real life stopped me from playing so I left that season. Now, however, I played placement matches and got put into mid platinum. The matches I had were strangely balanced, even if ended up with 500/200-300 (the thing is that opposing team rotated quite well, but my team was eager to cooperate through /team and we managed to win most encounters).
I am almost, almost at 250, and I play solo/duo on a non-meta build. I’ve already met a few people who trash talked on me or the team, who claimed to be in 250 and they were. Once I challanged them for 1v1 I can say that only few out of many were worth the rank. I know I can’t test their rotation skills on map this way, but if someone knows how to efficiently kill, he/she still needs to know something. I feel that current PvP balance is still wonky, but better than in the seasons that passed.
As for tutorials, I once though about a pvpwiki powered by players, that might by something nice and helpful for PvE players who want to get serious with PvP.

Guardian is meant for jolly crusading.

(edited by Rodzynald.5897)

I tried but cant

in PvP

Posted by: RedCobra.7693

RedCobra.7693

you played 13 games and gave up? wow, that says it all

RedCobra – Ranked PVP Druid
Current Season – Platinum (Soloq)
Retired GW2 ESL Tournament Admin

I tried but cant

in PvP

Ramoth.9064

gold + should nevre need a tutorial …. Even silver should know what to do ….
But also had this in gold. A player mostly sat on home. But fortunately this i rare in EU.
Whats common is that the skill diffrence is large. Often too large.

But you’re proving my point, if people in gold still make those mistakes then they do still need tutorials and guides. The colour of the rank didn’t mean much if they are still terrible. It’s very easy to get carried to hold while still knowing nothing at all.

I tried but cant

in PvP

Posted by: Wolfric.9380

Wolfric.9380

It´s more a problem of the system then a tutorial. After bronze a player should know what to do. In gold+ i expect that the player is skilled with the class he plays and not use something below his level. I main ele. If i use war/thief i will propably play at silver level and with annythign else its worse. I won´t go to ranked at gold with non ele. this is just unfair for my team. OK i might go war if it benefits the team due to rotating and fast 1:1 kill capability outweighting my lower manual skill with it.
I even get a bad feeling for the team if i don´t use soldier rune … If i do this its strangely random. The agressive build version often results in blowouts … in either direction.

I tried but cant

in PvP

Posted by: RedCobra.7693

RedCobra.7693

It´s more a problem of the system then a tutorial. After bronze a player should know what to do. In gold+ i expect that the player is skilled with the class he plays and not use something below his level. I main ele. If i use war/thief i will propably play at silver level and with annythign else its worse. I won´t go to ranked at gold with non ele. this is just unfair for my team. OK i might go war if it benefits the team due to rotating and fast 1:1 kill capability outweighting my lower manual skill with it.
I even get a bad feeling for the team if i don´t use soldier rune … If i do this its strangely random. The agressive build version often results in blowouts … in either direction.

yes…in an ideal world, but the players are not distributed evenly by skill level. simply because 90% of gw2 players are just bad. (theres some good stuff on the forums for begginers just force them to read it in game before joining ranked with a mini video or something i dont know

RedCobra – Ranked PVP Druid
Current Season – Platinum (Soloq)
Retired GW2 ESL Tournament Admin

I tried but cant

in PvP

Posted by: choovanski.5462

choovanski.5462

average gw2 player is actually just terrible. thats why they complain about condi meta & say ‘gw2 is no skill just build vs build’. gw2 is more complex than people let on, & most people don’t have their fights or rotations down.

also most people who crave competition & had built up skill have left the game. so you just have a really bad player pool for matchmaking to work with.

tbh, anet should just add a queue for 2v2 & see how conquest fares

. Engi & Warr . Beta > 2017 Death of PvP
currently a Boyfriend main :P
Waiting To ReRoll Mystic & Forget About Tyria

(edited by choovanski.5462)

I tried but cant

in PvP

Posted by: Reaper Alim.4176

Reaper Alim.4176

yes…in an ideal world, but the players are not distributed evenly by skill level. simply because 90% of gw2 players are just bad. (theres some good stuff on the forums for begginers just force them to read it in game before joining ranked with a mini video or something i dont know

This right here. You guys seemed to have lost the attention of most of your good players. Thus this means, these spots still needs to be filled. So that means the low end players will be the ones to fill it.

Yes GW2’s PvP system is one of the most frustrating PvP systems to be bothered with. If you played actually PvP games, that are built and marketed around competitive play..

The main problem is outside of the outliers of good legit players who still play. All you have left here are cheaters and very very bad players and grievers. Bascially ANet allowed the population to snowball on top of it self because. Because ANet waited too long before deciding to put some effort into PvP.

I maybe a troll with class.
But at least I admit it!
PoF guys get ready for PvE joys

I tried but cant

in PvP

Posted by: fishball.7204

fishball.7204

It’s because so many people quit PvP and moved on to other games or focusing on purely PvE/WvW instead. You can’t have good matchmaking if there’s no one to match LUL

FOR THE GREEEEEEEEEEEEN

I tried but cant

in PvP

Posted by: LinhZeri.6412

LinhZeri.6412

It’s ok we will all slowly leave spvp since that is the point of doing what they been doing since terrible balance/diversity and the infamous build of June 2015 which killed balanced (basically entire thing), lack of new pvp modes [conquest is dead] get real people… it was bad in gw1 hero battle and even more poor now… if it takes too much work to balance means its dead… if you love it good for you majority obviously doesn’t.

This game needs random arenas and team battle… two separate modes for league/tournament. hmm what else would fix this game…. tutorial so people know actually what to do instead of just randomly learning by playing. Support hotjoin a bit more like it was in 2013 where you can quickly jump into a game instead of searching so hard for practice maps… that whole server is dead I don’t even understand why it exists still. Do all this.. people will well IMHO come back in flocks. But im sure we will keep the conquest mode as it is and basically hide most of the spvp hotjoin scene/severs people make for leagues and ranks since there isn’t structure as you may imagine…
OH and if that little dilemma of “split” community. Lol…… what community? reverse it if its sooooo bad (which it wont). Its amusing all so fearful of this when we got what we got now. Oh also bring back old rewards.. you know ascended gear which you can get by playing…. make it a a bit grindy instead of putting it behind marks… don’t get that big step in the wrong direction when all that had to be done was make it x5 to x10 as hard to get the gear…. guess that was supposed to keep people in pvp.

Also don’t bash him for giving up.. you should be saddened by how new players or players like the OP have which draw players away… I hope anet reads this thread so get insight on possibly the majority of the player base (yep.. I talk to people in game and all avoid pvp now with all the changes past 2 years)

(edited by LinhZeri.6412)

I tried but cant

in PvP

Posted by: zealex.9410

zealex.9410

why not have the players make a tutorial on conquest maps then? Not saying anet shouldnt but for 1 players are more knowledgable on this gamemmode since they play it alot more.

I tried but cant

in PvP

kdaddy.5431

you played 13 games and gave up? wow, that says it all

I played S1-3 to get to legendary. I played over 150 games in S5 and around 80 in S6. I competed in AG and in the TOL losing to the Abjured and Team Risk.

Im not a Pro, heck i be ok if people say im average even though my ego says im above.

But this isnt about that. Im hyping myself up with my comments above ^^^ but i had a few games where people literally sat.

Players on my team sat on a point and players on the other team sat and literally did not know how to change the game.

Example- 1 game i lost a enemy DH sat on our home, we were down 200 points. We came back to lose by 28. After losing initial battles we eventually took there home and mid and held it. Our engy at some point decided to engage him in a 1 vs 1. Mid was decapped for a second and we lost far and losing a 2 vs 3.

I asked our engy why push home, he got upset and said if we could do math we needed to decap it. I said we lost by 28 and had we kept mid and far and gotten the kills on enemy players we would of won.

Our conversation went to whispers and i said If you felt we were gonna lose why not ask the team for a push on lord when we got to 350? ( this was after some more arguing about him leaving to fight a DH in a 1 vs 1) He said what ever keep playing bronze level scrub.

That person getting upset is fine, they want to win i want to win. We are clashing and its ok to argue with one another.

Whats not ok is i have had multiple matches where players think its ok to fight on a point we dont own for extended periods of time. Or to sit on a node alone for long periods of time.

13 games in or not, ive have not played that style of PvP since around the bunker wars of GW2 PvP in 2013.

And the mere fact Anet brought back AT when the skill level of the player base is like this?

You can say my comments are off base but my rating was almost plat before starting those matches and this is the skill level of players near the ranking of top 250 in NA? Like i said maybe its me but i simply cant believe its like this and its not fun to play in.

I tried but cant

in PvP

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

I have people double capping points, eles trying to farm beasts instead of helping teammates, 4 people chasing 1 guy on the beach etc. but somehow it is always my fault or rather the fact that i use refuge that we lose… because clearly one spell defines outcome of entire game – and i am in plat 3 -_-’. It never gets better.

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

I tried but cant

in PvP

kdaddy.5431

I have people double capping points, eles trying to farm beasts instead of helping teammates, 4 people chasing 1 guy on the beach etc. but somehow it is always my fault or rather the fact that i use refuge that we lose… because clearly one spell defines outcome of entire game – and i am in plat 3 -_-’. It never gets better.

Right and if this is the case i just rather not play.

And hope Anet addresses the many issues of PvP with hopefully more and more people not playing PvP.

I tried but cant

in PvP

Ramoth.9064

why not have the players make a tutorial on conquest maps then? Not saying anet shouldnt but for 1 players are more knowledgable on this gamemmode since they play it alot more.

By tutorial I mean game based infrastructure that informs the players, not just guides players make. There are plenty of them but their coverage isn’t great because its not official.

You need kitten like training wheels to warn people that fighting 5 minutes on an enemy cap and not disengaging is bad. And more importantly, better minimap. our current minimap is kittenttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt

I tried but cant

in PvP

Ramoth.9064

Yes, this exactly. Double capping brainless people

I tried but cant

in PvP

Posted by: Shaogin.2679

Shaogin.2679

The problem is everyone is taking Ranked Queue way too seriously. It is you and 3-4 random players against a team of random players. Sure, things may average out in the end, but there will be a large margin for error and the journey their may not be pleasant.

Take it for what it is. Ranked Queue is the equivalent of WoW’s random battlegrounds, on a smaller scale, with rewards and an artificial league system attached to it.

If you are looking for a more competitive scene, gather a team of 5 and compete in the automated tournaments, or find another game. No one is going to care about what badge you have next to your name. But chilling in the exclusive PvP lounge or having a statue of you and your team in the lobby, now that is pretty rewarding. Not to mention the other little prizes that come with it.

Doc Von Doom – Asuran Necromancer
Gate of Madness
Contribute to the Wiki MetaBattle Builds

I tried but cant

in PvP

Posted by: Luci.7018

Luci.7018

That can not be gold 2-3/ plat 1 level of skill if thats the level of players i am teamed up with or playing against.

The plat player should give the advice to the newer player , about tactics .
Dont tell that that Plat player managed to get that Rating , by simply playing as usual or he has just plain Luck ..
Theres a reason why you have the icon , next to your name …. USE IT ! .. GUIDE THEM …INSTRUCT THEM !!!

The best will find ways to be ontop … and not crtying like little girls !

On break

I tried but cant

in PvP

Posted by: Taltevus.3289

Taltevus.3289

average gw2 player is actually just terrible. thats why they complain about condi meta & say ‘gw2 is no skill just build vs build’. gw2 is more complex than people let on, & most people don’t have their fights or rotations down.

also most people who crave competition & had built up skill have left the game. so you just have a really bad player pool for matchmaking to work with.

It is build vs build.
It’s all the same crap.
Stun. condi. hide. wait. repeat. There are no skill shots. It’s ALL lock on. Everyone has some kind of passive immunity or active immunity

It’s build vs build. I know you don’t want to realize it but…the second the trait “lines” were created it was instantly rock paper scissors. It just took a while for people to realize the ONLY options they really had.

Every match I look at my death breakdown. Guess what’s ALWAYS at the top of the list.
Condition damage. Guess what’s barely ever on the list? Any sort of physical based damage.

The fact you talk about “rotations” is exactly proof that it is indeed build vs build.
TBH it always was pvp’ers just talked big becasue they really thought it was going to be the next big thing.

I wish every class played more like Sevarog from Paragon. Spam and the idea of rotations does not work. You have to chose every single play every moment of the game else it will cost you and your teammates. <——that is the exact design philosophy.

Gw2 design philosophy: oh you messed up. Here’s some stealth so you can hide and try again. Oh here’s some blocks so you can spam again oh here ya go. take these passives so your enemy has no idea when they may or may not be active…and try again.
Don’t worry if you use all of your skills you have condition damage to tick away even when you’ve royally messed up…or just wasted all of your skills. It’s ok…see the game basically plays itself.

meanwhile players thinking there oh so good

I tried but cant

in PvP

Posted by: choovanski.5462

choovanski.5462

It is build vs build.
It’s all the same crap.
Stun. condi. hide. wait. repeat. There are no skill shots. It’s ALL lock on. Everyone has some kind of passive immunity or active immunity

It’s build vs build. I know you don’t want to realize it but…the second the trait “lines” were created it was instantly rock paper scissors. It just took a while for people to realize the ONLY options they really had.

Every match I look at my death breakdown. Guess what’s ALWAYS at the top of the list.
Condition damage. Guess what’s barely ever on the list? Any sort of physical based damage.

The fact you talk about “rotations” is exactly proof that it is indeed build vs build.
TBH it always was pvp’ers just talked big becasue they really thought it was going to be the next big thing.

I wish every class played more like Sevarog from Paragon. Spam and the idea of rotations does not work. You have to chose every single play every moment of the game else it will cost you and your teammates. <——that is the exact design philosophy.

Gw2 design philosophy: oh you messed up. Here’s some stealth so you can hide and try again. Oh here’s some blocks so you can spam again oh here ya go. take these passives so your enemy has no idea when they may or may not be active…and try again.
Don’t worry if you use all of your skills you have condition damage to tick away even when you’ve royally messed up…or just wasted all of your skills. It’s ok…see the game basically plays itself.

meanwhile players thinking there oh so good

ah, and here we have the exact sort of player I mentioned.

he’s not aware rotations are not about skills. I doubt he adjusts them based on team comp and opening split. ‘what? the engineer is going far?’ no way he’ll adjust to that info. the build plays the game for him. it’s just get condis and use passive defenses. it’s an extremely skilful way to play that lets your actual player skill have no impact on the outcome of the fight so you can never look bad or have to improve, oh or was it a way of reasoning, not a way of fighting I can’t remember. well anyway, he’s just the best and the game requires no skill, which of course explains why different people perform differently on the same builds in 1v1 tournaments.

facepalm

homes. this is an ARPG. obviously build matters tons, but timing and good use of abilities will always matter more. this is not BDO with a lvl 55 vs a lvl 61, all gear is equalised. so players can’t actually have that much more of an advantage over each other. obviously at the same skill level some builds will have advantages in some matchups, but let’s be real- equal skill never comes up in ranked GW2 so outskilling is always an option. better timing and use of skills, and better rotations.

look at any tournament level gameplay, or play with anyone in the 1v1 servers who is not a scrub- who is playing the build really does matter.

like dude, take the guardian vs warrior matchup. that’s far more down to skill than build. power DH has a good chance against both power and condi warrior, main issue is if the warrior has signet of might. apart from that signet- it’s all about what hits, and what does not land dude.

like, just go on YouTube and watch the 1v1 videos. people do kitten up. people do pull awesome maneuvers. people will win really unfavorable matchups. skill really does matter.

. Engi & Warr . Beta > 2017 Death of PvP
currently a Boyfriend main :P
Waiting To ReRoll Mystic & Forget About Tyria

(edited by choovanski.5462)

I tried but cant

in PvP

Posted by: BadMed.3846

BadMed.3846

Bad attitude and reward track farming is doing this game a lot of harm. This AFK business needs to stop! If I even mention that someone should be reported, people laugh. Everyone knows nothing will happen.