I uh... actually like the meta

in PvP

Posted by: GoogleBrandon.5073

GoogleBrandon.5073

Well that is, I shelved my Warrior for better days, but I gotta be honest – I enjoy the meta a lot…

What seems to be the issue for me and the reason as I do not want to que up is because I still see no reason to – especially not solo.

I don’t know, am I the odd one out?

Guild channel with PvP uploads
Lost? Confused? [TCS] – A guild for every state of body and mind

in PvP

Posted by: Krysard.1364

Krysard.1364

Yes, tbh meta seems right, the problem now is the PvP structure (as usually)

M I L K B O I S

in PvP

Posted by: brannigan.9831

brannigan.9831

If the Meta is that all the elites rule the roost the no I don’t like it. It makes no sense to me to wave a magic wand and render all the old builds mostly ineffective. The game should be about as wide a variety of builds as possible being effective. That being said there will always be something people will cry about but I just don’t think its right to cudgel people into buying the expansion and to have everyone play a small variety of builds.

in PvP

Posted by: Krysard.1364

Krysard.1364

If the Meta is that all the elites rule the roost the no I don’t like it. It makes no sense to me to wave a magic wand and render all the old builds mostly ineffective. The game should be about as wide a variety of builds as possible being effective. That being said there will always be something people will cry about but I just don’t think its right to cudgel people into buying the expansion and to have everyone play a small variety of builds.

When I play with non elite specs, so basically the old meta, I dont have any problem beating elite builds, but I get your point that elite specs seems to be a great addition of the core profs. But I remember something that Helseth said during one of his streams, and it really made me ponder about it. He basically said that elite specs are designed based in old meta builds, so the new specs arent “better” than old specs, but fits better the actual meta, so even if they are balanced, they also improve some core builds.

M I L K B O I S

in PvP

Posted by: Harvey.7820

Harvey.7820

It’s called a business model. Anet needs to incentivize PvP players to purchase HoT

in PvP

Posted by: GoogleBrandon.5073

GoogleBrandon.5073

I actually do not agree with this statement to be fair… Yes, a lot of people are playing the elite specializations, as am I, because it is a new way to enjoy your old profession… Does it mean they are more powerful than the previous builds? I am not sure.

I mean, as far as I can tell, the old Signet Necromancer did not become obsolete, D/D Ele while not as prevalent as before did not get shafted and would still be playable. You can still go with PU for Mesmers and probably get a similar impact as Chronomancers depending on your style, or burn people with Burn Guardians. Heck, even Bunker Guardians might have their place. Whether teamcomps compliment them well has to be said, but I assume it is no different for the new specializations.

Besides, it is not as if Anet is shy in shaving the new specs at all, on contrary. The pacing might be arguable, but they are certainly looking in the aspects as to what is showing imbalance. To add to it, since when was Berserker considered OP and a must have in order to PvP? I think you missed something if you claim all Elites to be superior, considering it got rather extreme buffs (to no avail).

A lack of soloQ sadly emphasizes the lack of build variety considering it is a different style of playing, but it is no different than before with just a few builds going about while others remain in the dust.

Guild channel with PvP uploads
Lost? Confused? [TCS] – A guild for every state of body and mind

in PvP

Posted by: Dahkeus.8243

Dahkeus.8243

Eh, I think the meta just needs more diversity. We also will need more viable base builds so that FreeToPlay players can compete…but the PvP-centric FTP playerbase may have already dropped off too much for that to matter by the time this happens.

in PvP

Posted by: Crinn.7864

Crinn.7864

It’s called a business model. Anet needs to incentivize PvP players to purchase HoT

Honestly I think it’s more like there will be new elite specializations in the future, and that they plan on having builds always be two core specs + elite spec.

Sanity is for the weak minded.
YouTube

in PvP

Posted by: Pimsley.3681

Pimsley.3681

Well that is, I shelved my Warrior for better days, but I gotta be honest – I enjoy the meta a lot…

What seems to be the issue for me and the reason as I do not want to que up is because I still see no reason to – especially not solo.

I don’t know, am I the odd one out?

I appreciate your positive outlook.

Queuing solo is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you’re gonna get.

It was nerve-racking when I first started. Then I got irritable by the poor matchmaking. Now I kinda just got used to it.

in PvP

Posted by: Zoso.8279

Zoso.8279

Im ok with this Meta. Some things i’d change but over all its ok imo.

Necromancer Main

(edited by Zoso.8279)

in PvP

Posted by: zone.1073

zone.1073

I don’t like how elite specs are now mandatory to stay competitive. It is sad to me that the arrival of HoT really did kill off many quality builds that have evolved over years and years of gameplay, feedback, and patches. HoT arrived and squashed all of the old builds.