I've NEVER seen a ventari revenant ;P

in PvP

Posted by: Terimac.5871

Terimac.5871

Okey i lied, i saw a couple myself included the first week. Since then i’ve seen zero ventari revs.

I only play unranked tho, mabye there’s lots of them in ranked with the meta bigbois?

in PvP

Posted by: Sunshine.5014

Sunshine.5014

Ventari is decent, but why pick it if you have even more OP stuffs to select?

Gray out the HP for future condition damage
Already quit PvP. Just log in here and there to troll.

in PvP

Posted by: Harbinger.8637

Harbinger.8637

Ventari and Jalis aren’t good that’s why you don’t see them.

Guardian WvW Guide!
Heavens Rage

in PvP

Posted by: Shadelang.3012

Shadelang.3012

No. Ventari as a spec is very heavily focused on support. But its too clunky to be something you can transition from self focused fighting to team focused fighting.

It also requires VERY heavy stat/trait investment to be useful as a legend. Unlike shiro which can be used even without the devestation line.

Also for a heal spec it lacks alot of self healing. Many of it mechanics are difficult to utilize mid combat for not enough reward (the pickup mechanics from its grandmaster trait as well as the staff auto for 1)

It’s 6 skill needs to happen alot faster for smooth use. Or its mechanics need to be changed from on movement to pulse.

The spec also lacks stun breaks. Meaning that in order to break out of CC youl need to actually abandon the legend entirely for your alternate. Meaning enemies can EASILY force you to stop healing your team unlike with druids or tempests.

Some suggestions in the Revenant forum went along the lines of making the ability to move and detonate the tablet useable while stunned. Giving you a non stun break related method of fighting back against CC locks (move tablet to you and detonate it to CC everyone around you as well as create drops for you to pickup to heal back up before swapping to a combat legend)

As said above its self healing is also fairly low. Infact you will heal other people more than yourself. Making it a very selfless legend. The issue with that however is just like with the CC’s It is INCREDIBLY easy to force a ventari revenant out of ventari.

Those two combined with the above mentioned stat/trait investment means that your heavily devoted to healing while not having the tools to maintain your healing output AND while not being able to have significant DPS in order to counter pressure.

Ghost Yak

(edited by Shadelang.3012)

in PvP

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

I saw one when I joined an Unranked match to test a build. Wasn’t really able to test it very well though cuz everyone kept instadying scattered everywhere :o

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

in PvP

Posted by: Varezenem.2813

Varezenem.2813

I’m the only one I have seen. My role is the same as a tempest I have a bit more CC and less damage and quite a lot less self heal which makes it hard to handle condis or heavy CC pressure. Another thing unlike the tempest when I have to heal myself I’m almost unable to heal others…

Senbu Ren[Wind]
Herald of Ventari