I've just figured out necro PVP

in PvP

Posted by: TheDevice.2751

TheDevice.2751

The devs promote the most passive and mindless gameplay ive ever seen in a game wich for some reason also has a really cool combat system. They don’t use the combat system they created. They just use the old tab target / spammable skills. Any build that tries to really get some use out of gw2 system is just beat by incredibly easy and spammable builds.

I’ve been trying so freaking hard to play GS power necromancer in pvp XD. I’ve gotten to diamond and I’ve just realized why GS power necromancer will NEVER, EVER, EVER, EVER be a thing. Because ANY power build is going to run FULL MINIONS. Its the EASIEST, MOST MINDLESS build ever. Essentially, you are playing pve. Thats it. I’ve been doing all this work lolol all these skillful mechanics ive been trying so kitten hard to learn and get better with and its just never rewarded in this game.

This game promotes spam. Condition spam or minion spam. Those are your choices necromancers. Get used to them. Its simple. It’s for simple brains. A or B. Devs even make the builds easy. A = Easy condition spam or B = Easy minion spams.

I’ve actually figured it out. This is the devs mindset. This is it. Necromancers will NEVER get any stability, active defenses such as blocks, evades, invuns, etc…. BECAUSE OF MINIONS. Thats it. And because of conditions. EVERYTHING ELSE DOESNT MATTER. Those are the two choices. Ez. Done. A or B. Thats the entire freaking class for pvp. Thats the full extent.

I’ll now never wonder why we cant get nice things. Cool playstyles. Cool GS builds with cool mechanics. The reason is because devs will just say “Oh, on a minionmancer/condimancer; thats going to be too strong” Thats IT. THATS ALLLL necromancers are. TWO freaking builds. THATS IT. Goodbye lol I’ve fully lost hope in this class to be anything interesting in pvp.

I actually feel kinda dumb lol. I really bought into the whole dynamic build system as if there was more to it. There isn’t. There’s 2 builds for necromancers. Thats essentially all there is. Conditions or Minions. Holy cow. I have to admit.. ive been playing the wrong class lol. I thought I could push the boundaries a bit and find some really cool stuff in there but nah lol. All that hard work.

I first realized it when I played DH last week. An entirely different experience. I can go conditions, bunker, play like an assassin, lay traps, go melee power, ranged power, have some cool teleports, some dashes i mean whatever lol. And some really nice tech built into the class, the devs really did a nice job with stull like the guardians LB3. Awesome.

Anyways. GL necros. tc.

(edited by TheDevice.2751)

in PvP

Posted by: MethaneGas.8357

MethaneGas.8357

Condi necros don’t have to use just 1 build to be viable tho…
But yes, Necros are prone to being anally assaulted left and right when you have a bad team
Meanwhile roll Druid or DH and play with one hand while your other hand slides up and down the keyboard and voila, solid gameplay.

Necro, Ele, Mesmer, Guardian and Warrior, DR[OHai]
YouTube Channel

in PvP

TheDevice.2751

Condi necros don’t have to use just 1 build to be viable tho…
But yes, Necros are prone to being anally assaulted left and right when you have a bad team
Meanwhile roll Druid or DH and play with one hand while your other hand slides up and down the keyboard and voila, solid gameplay.

When I say builds im really talking about playstyles. Necromancer only has two playstyles. Minions or Condition spams. Thats it.

Its like I said, with guards, I can play like a kittenin or a bunker or battlemage or support or offensive support or anything. So many options. And Its SO NICE to be able to use my abilities lol You have no idea. All the stabilit,y all the blocks, far less telegraphs and cast times. Im in heaven.

in PvP

Posted by: Silverthorn.8576

Silverthorn.8576

Power necro is unplayable because it has been nerfed before going live and then most of the nerf done to condi reaper has hurt power necro too.

MM necro is awfull, you can kill minions really quiclky and then the necro is a free +5 (and i hope it will stay like this).

in PvP

Posted by: Silv.9207

Silv.9207

I played different builds in this season. Sigil, corruption, MM, hybrids between them, “bunker” and direct damage vith different builds (really funny the unblockable GS/axe+focus build against DH, you take them down really easy with a single hit, but you’re not really able to do other things than that) . All exept the “bunker” work more or less at the same level, if you practice a little. The only problem is that in this meta all work bad XD

The necromancer totally lack of defensive abilities that grant him to survive to a direct enemy assoult. We have more or less the same defensive abilities as 3 years ago, with Rise! and a little more of stability by reaper Shroud and the elite shout. Even the Spectral Armor got nerfed with an internal cooldown of 1 second, making it not good enough in this meta 8still if the devs keep it bugged and working while in Shroud, for pure mercy).

I like the necromancer playstyle and will continue to play it, but a little way to defend my hp in an active way other than build up LF (that also force us to use the staff) will not be a bad thing.

in PvP

Posted by: ZeftheWicked.3076

ZeftheWicked.3076

I invented and ran my own necro battlemage for 1v1 and it worked …in 1v1. Sent thieves back to their base, scrappers running, warrs got a tough matchup, but in the end necro gets totally wrecked when focused, and this season’s amulets give middle finger to any stat-based bunkers. Either you got total damage negation defenses in your profession’s kit, or you’re in for a very bad experience this season as a bunker.

in PvP

TheDevice.2751

I played different builds in this season. Sigil, corruption, MM, hybrids between them, “bunker” and direct damage vith different builds (really funny the unblockable GS/axe+focus build against DH, you take them down really easy with a single hit, but you’re not really able to do other things than that) . All exept the “bunker” work more or less at the same level, if you practice a little. The only problem is that in this meta all work bad XD

The necromancer totally lack of defensive abilities that grant him to survive to a direct enemy assoult. We have more or less the same defensive abilities as 3 years ago, with Rise! and a little more of stability by reaper Shroud and the elite shout. Even the Spectral Armor got nerfed with an internal cooldown of 1 second, making it not good enough in this meta 8still if the devs keep it bugged and working while in Shroud, for pure mercy).

I like the necromancer playstyle and will continue to play it, but a little way to defend my hp in an active way other than build up LF (that also force us to use the staff) will not be a bad thing.

they wont add any more defenses to necromancers. They wont since they figure there are only two playstyles for them Minions and Conditions. Minions already add so much defense they cant add anymore.

Im telling you facts.

(edited by TheDevice.2751)

in PvP

Posted by: Silv.9207

Silv.9207

What’s that amount of defence you’re talking about?
if you’ve 7 minions you gain 140 of toughness…and you will not even notice it.
You can take Corrupter’s fervor for another 300 and 20% condition damage reduction, but you have to build it and you still don’t feel all that damage reduction when a enemy burst you down. (also you lose Death Nova, that is a really good trait for a MM, that’s why only few MM take it) At last you’ve minions to share the damage of the Revenant sword skill 3.
Oh, and you’ve 180 toughness wile in shroud.
At the best situation you’ll obtain 600 toughness, that is not bad for shure, but is it really enough to fight against classes that can hit you with 2-3k with they’re AA? and 6k or more witht hey’re skills? You have the wurm to teleport back, but it can be killed (I kill Every wurm i find, just why a necro without it is really easy to kill), sometimes teleport only in it’s direction and not in it’s location and if you’re fighting any class with a ranged option or a good movement/teleport skill he can follow you without any problem.

A MM can use the Blood line trait to obtain HP regeneration from minions hit and that’s good, but frequently the minions die so quickly in team fights that you barely feel that heal amount. Also it’s not even enough to make us able to fight a skilled player or survive really better than with other builds.

in PvP

Posted by: xeonage.1253

xeonage.1253

ar…. When MM nec vs mes / engineer …. ONCE moa , NO more just ONCE!
OK, then what will happen?

in PvP

TheDevice.2751

Then you get mad and switch to conditions.

in PvP

xeonage.1253

so that’s mean NEC just have one choice – Conditions

in PvP

Posted by: ZeftheWicked.3076

ZeftheWicked.3076

yeah, our only super defensive skill – plague, gets flushed down the toilet by moa, even engi one…

in PvP

TheDevice.2751

I actually would say that that is true but of course you’re just going to get so much flak from numerous people who want to defend stuf just for the sake of defending.

I’ll say that if you decide to go power, the only acceptable / viable way is minionmancer.

in PvP

Posted by: zxstanyxz.8769

zxstanyxz.8769

I actually would say that that is true but of course you’re just going to get so much flak from numerous people who want to defend stuf just for the sake of defending.

I’ll say that if you decide to go power, the only acceptable / viable way is minionmancer.

minionmancer hasn’t been viable since they nerfed “Rise”

in PvP

TheDevice.2751

minionmancer hasn’t been viable since they nerfed “Rise”

Oh wow so we’re really settling on just one playstyle here for necromancer. Thats even worse than I thought lol. Welp. There it is.

in PvP

Posted by: Erzian.5218

Erzian.5218

Power necro is bad because the power weapons are bad/low damage. If you want to kill anything on power nec, you need to play full offensive (zerk or at least marauder), but the class does not offer the required means of active defense that is needed to support those amulets.
As a result you are forced into condition unless you want to run some build, that is heavily disadvantaged vs everything. However, necro still has more variety when it comes to builds than other classes. corruption reaper, signet reaper and core necro (signets or corrupt boon) are all somewhat viable.

in PvP

Posted by: Silverthorn.8576

Silverthorn.8576

That’s what happens when you delete all tanking amulet because of ele and mesmer without giving the same surviving tools to necro.

in PvP

xeonage.1253

Arr… if anyone want to be a +5 point per 1min/1m30s, the best choice is minion nec.
so NEC just have ONE choice – Conditions . just A no B.

(edited by xeonage.1253)

in PvP

Posted by: MethaneGas.8357

MethaneGas.8357

Tbh, being pigeon-holed is the same issue for almost every class because some options are just stronger than others.

Necro, Ele, Mesmer, Guardian and Warrior, DR[OHai]
YouTube Channel