I've just made it to diamond...

in PvP

Posted by: yanniell.1236

yanniell.1236

…and it was the worst experience I’ve ever had in a MMO. By far.

Look, I’m all in for the ideia of seeking a 50/50 outcomes results, but not in the way it’s been done this season.

Instead of matches where every side have a 50% chance of winning, so in the long run we would’ve approximately a 50% win ratio, you achieved this ratio with blowouts matches. In one match my team would win by far, and in the next, I’d lose by far. And both were boring as hell.

It got to the point where people would know in the first fight which team they were (the winning or losing team) and if it were the losing team, they could just chill and afk for the rest of the match, because the results were setting before the match even started.

Look at my statistics, that would be awesome if most of the games weren’t boring blowouts. Please, fix your matchmaking. 50% win ratio means nothing if it’s achieved like that.

Attachments:

[HUE]

in PvP

Posted by: ellesee.8297

ellesee.8297

Holy that’s a lot of games.
Congrats on diamond!

#1 Engi NA and world first rank 80!
#1 Frandliest person NA!
http://www.twitch.tv/Livskis

in PvP

Posted by: Hexs.8015

Hexs.8015

You should have known what you were getting yourself into. Climbing ranks is rarely fun in any game.

in PvP

Posted by: cursE.1794

cursE.1794

Climbing ranks is actually fun in other games where the combat system hasn’t been destroyed, the pvp gameplay is fun and build diversity is existent.

in PvP

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

inb4 people that got carried by MM and premades tell you “l2p” lol

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

in PvP

Posted by: Ross Biddle.2367

Ross Biddle.2367

Dude, you’re at base diamond. Now you can play zerk staff ele and ultimate kshot vanilla warrior to your hearts content without worry!

#Envy

in PvP

Posted by: Dirame.8521

Dirame.8521

I’m still going to say that the matchmaking is great when it’s set to MMR because you get tough matches ALOT MORE OFTEN than you not. This is the only season where that isn’t the case.

I make guides to builds you may not have heard of;
http://www.youtube.com/user/ceimash
http://www.twitch.tv/ceimash

in PvP

Posted by: BeepBoopBop.5403

BeepBoopBop.5403

Lol that screenshot just proves that anyone can grind their way through leagues.

Koolgai Smurf – Thief | Dazin U – Mesmer | Whats Healing Power – Ranger|
I Bought Hot – Revenant | [QQ]

in PvP

Posted by: Mister Fluffkin.7358

Mister Fluffkin.7358

No offense dude, but you´re not even r80. It´s quite expectable that you will have a tough time in pvp since there are lots(!!!) of players that have like 10 times your experience. It looks like working as intended since you put a lot of effort into getting diamond(400 games). I guess 50% winrate isn´t bad for a r69. So why this thread?

in PvP

Posted by: SPESHAL.9106

SPESHAL.9106

Lol that screenshot just proves that anyone can grind their way through leagues.

I agree. This post does the opposite of what the OP intended. If it takes you that many games to get to diamond, then you really aren’t “diamond” level in terms of skill…you just grinded it hardcore, which SHOULD be a less than optimal experience.

As bad as the matchmaking may be, the real issue here is that the OP needs to get better if he wants the progression to be “easier”.

The real problem isn’t with how hard it is to get to diamond. The real problem is how easy it is for an ele running stronghold or coordinated premades on TS to exploit the inherent flaws with matchmaking and imbalances on certain maps.

in PvP

Posted by: Pixid.2817

Pixid.2817

Most of the low tier games end up being blowouts BECAUSE a team “realizes” that its the losing team. They start fighting, afking, blaming each other, self fulfilling prophesy.

A lot of the games you consider to have lost due to an enemy 3 cap or a mid fight loss, ends up going the other way because the enemy team spread thin to do that, then gets wiped and counter capped. sPvP is about resource management, counting each of your 5 teammates as resources.

Mostly I would consider not giving up even when you think you lost, and trying to change the culture of hate and blame that is so popular in video games these days. Short of that, the game ends up being a “coin toss” with you as the one pushing it in one direction or the other as much as you can, with gameplay and positive attitude.

in PvP

Posted by: Renkencen.6127

Renkencen.6127

Congrats! I actually made it into Ruby yesterday so I know how it feel to finally achieve the next difficulty ranking!

I was literally on fire yesterday as my elementalist! Ok other than that one lost match at the start, no opposing team were able to kill me (well it was more like surviving long enough for the returning teammates to arrive)! It was a major risk that paid off! I was certain I was going to lose due to my winning streak and at time, it look like we were going to lose. One of them was the Foefire and we were losing especially when one teammate was dc at the start but they were impatiance to do after Lord and fail (I arrive to heal the lord in time) which when that was going on, my teammate cap their points and hold it!

As for trying to reach Diamond myself. my expectation is lower by tenfold due to being able to lose tier now. Ok sure at the moment, my ration is 53% win chances and at worse, losing 3 or 4 matches in a row but still I not raising my hope any higher in ruby.

Also yeah I agreed on the not so balance matches. My first Ruby match was that the other team had three engi, a Rev and Necromancer and I was the engi on my team but we had two rangers and two theifs…

in PvP

Posted by: Yasha.5963

Yasha.5963

Look, I’m all in for the ideia of seeking a 50/50 outcomes results, but not in the way it’s been done this season.

Instead of matches where every side have a 50% chance of winning, so in the long run we would’ve approximately a 50% win ratio, you achieved this ratio with blowouts matches. In one match my team would win by far, and in the next, I’d lose by far. And both were boring as hell.

It got to the point where people would know in the first fight which team they were (the winning or losing team) and if it were the losing team, they could just chill and afk for the rest of the match, because the results were setting before the match even started.

Look at my statistics, that would be awesome if most of the games weren’t boring blowouts. Please, fix your matchmaking. 50% win ratio means nothing if it’s achieved like that.

Its not the worst experience eva for me, but I have noticed the same thing. I was one pip from div 5 ruby yesterday then had a 9 game losing streak- back to div 2. I don’t know if it is just luck or the system actively tries to make it like that.

in PvP

Posted by: Lord Hammer Hand.4815

Lord Hammer Hand.4815

is this your main account? if so your super new to pvp seeing you’re only rank 69… 2nd of all holy kitten 400+ games talking about grinding and congratz! now don’t be fooled with all the QQ here in forums blaming MM for every short fall or losing streak they have. now as for blowout games, it will always happen even if you have a perfect MM and balance classes. many reason why blowout happens, but main reason is players giving up when face by certainty of defeat. also if you ever played during season 1, you have the incentive to keep playing even if you’re losing because you can still earn a pip or two just by having a close match. it was removed during season 2.

Pacific Islander Legion [NoyP]
Black Gate
Ruthless Legend

in PvP

Posted by: kin korn karn.9023

kin korn karn.9023

The win you see is the one that elevated me to Diamond. Ain’t even mad, it’s just amusing at this point.

Attachments:

in PvP

Posted by: Artemis Thuras.8795

Artemis Thuras.8795

INB4: “QQ you got carried by premades” – Solo queue’d the entire way.
Granted I started in sapphire.

Attachments:

Co-Leader of The Mythical Dragons [MYTH],
Advocate of learning and being a useful party member.
http://mythdragons.enjin.com/recruitment

in PvP

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

Holy grind fest batman. I’ve played 98 games and I’m 2 pips into ruby, I really hope I don’t need to play another 300 games to get to diamond.

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

in PvP

Posted by: mituin.3408

mituin.3408

From amber to legend

Attachments:

in PvP

Posted by: Starbreaker.6507

Starbreaker.6507

From amber to legend

What’s the matter, you weren’t getting enough attention in a the thread you made specifically to show that picture?

in PvP

BrotherBelial.3094

From amber to legend

What’s the matter, you weren’t getting enough attention in a the thread you made specifically to show that picture?

It would seem it. Maybe they don’t understand that no one likes a show off.

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|

in PvP

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

I love when people who got carried by their absurdly high MMR post their screenshots. If you have such high MMR you can literally go afk on close whole game and still win most of your games.

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

in PvP

Cynz.9437

I love when people who got carried by their absurdly high MMR post their screenshots.

and didn’t play at first day of the season when players with high MMr were actually in sapphire lel

All is Vain~

in PvP

Posted by: winterchillz.2564

winterchillz.2564

Since I don’t have rank 80 and this has been pointed out on this thread, I’m not sure if it really is forced 50% win rate, bad luck or lack of the so called experience and skill.

I hit Ruby from Amber with my game number 100, at that point I had 57 wins. Tonight I reached Diamond and my win rate has melted from the 57% down to 50%, as you can see on the screenshot attached to this message.

While personally I enjoyed climbing the divisions, Ruby felt like hell on Earth. I already posted another topic regarding it, but some games felt like complete blowouts before they even started, whether it’d be people refusing to switch to more useful classes, builds that proved to literally be useless or just being seemingly clueless of what’s happening around them.

I guess a big portion of that feeling is due to the fact that I only play a thief and ele in PvP, both of which, in my eyes, are largely dependent on your team actually having an idea what to do, but I can’t say that I haven’t had games where I have been queued up against parties of 4 or 5 people, as well as repeatably getting the same duo against us.

Either way, the fun from PvP for me was gone in Ruby, I hope Diamond would bring some of it back.

Attachments:

Cloud of Sparrows
Fluffiest Blood Legion Charr
“At least I die knowing my sisters are free”

in PvP

Malediktus.9250

The fun ends in diamond if you arent high MMR, I keep getting people that play like saphire division after I got unlucky loss streak somewhere and my MMR started sinking like a titanic. Now I cannot get anywhere. 74 games played in diamond and hovering around 0-3 pips now thanks to borked MMR. Before the loss streak started I had no problems getting 50% win rate, now its down to 47% already.
At this rate I will probably hit need to play another 400 games to get out of diamond.

in PvP

Yasha.5963

I love when people who got carried by their absurdly high MMR post their screenshots. If you have such high MMR you can literally go afk on close whole game and still win most of your games.

I don’t understand why a high MMR makes a difference?

in PvP

Malediktus.9250

If you have high MMR it tries to put you in team with other people with high MMR. If you have low MMR it tries to put you into teams with other low MMR people. So the end result is low MMR vs high MMR matches because the pvp population is too small to offer high MMR vs high MMR matches

in PvP

Posted by: yanniell.1236

yanniell.1236

No offense dude, but you´re not even r80. It´s quite expectable that you will have a tough time in pvp since there are lots(!!!) of players that have like 10 times your experience. It looks like working as intended since you put a lot of effort into getting diamond(400 games). I guess 50% winrate isn´t bad for a r69. So why this thread?

None taken.

Anyway, I’ve literally thousands of hours of roaming in WvW and got to diamond in S1 in less than 200 games, which was, literally, the first time I’ve ever set my feet on PVP. And, no offense dude, but the PVP in this game is pretty straight forward, shouldn’t take anyone more than like 50 games to figure things out, like rotations, ideal comps, expected roles etc.

The problem here is not just a “l2p” issue or anything, I didn’t start playing this game yesterday or anything. The problem here, plain and simple, is the system fixing matches to artificially achieve a 50/50 win/loss ratio. That’s it. Instead of seeking balanced matches, which would result in a 50/50 win/loss ratio on the long run, they achieved it by fixing matches, where the outcome is decided before it even begins.

And if you guys stop for a moment and start to pay attention, you’ll see that’s not just me that noticed that. Besides the many topics here, try to say smt about the matchmaking in a match. You’ll find a lot of people there that noticed that as well.

Hope I’ve made myself clearer.

[HUE]

in PvP

Posted by: mituin.3408

mituin.3408

If you have high MMR it tries to put you in team with other people with high MMR. If you have low MMR it tries to put you into teams with other low MMR people. So the end result is low MMR vs high MMR matches because the pvp population is too small to offer high MMR vs high MMR matches

Well mate, sorry to disappoint you but my MMR in this acc its actually low. As a proof of that I can tell you, that 1st off all I was amber from the start of the season and u can check my total w/l ratio on the print below. And Im not “showing off” Im actually just trying to tell you guys, that there is no “stuck in divisions” if u dont progress its just because u need to get better, thats all.
And @Cynz I did played in my main acc at the first days of the season, and got legend in less than a week against ppl with the “high MMR”.
My point is guys, no matter what, leagues are ment to separate different skill levels, so if you are having an hard time getting to legend, its probably cause you need to get better and not the MMR’s, pvp system’s fault.

with that said heres the print @Malediktus

Attachments:

in PvP

Yasha.5963

Well mate, sorry to disappoint you but my MMR in this acc its actually low. As a proof of that I can tell you, that 1st off all I was amber from the start of the season and u can check my total w/l ratio on the print below. And Im not “showing off” Im actually just trying to tell you guys, that there is no “stuck in divisions” if u dont progress its just because u need to get better, thats all.
And @Cynz I did played in my main acc at the first days of the season, and got legend in less than a week against ppl with the “high MMR”.
My point is guys, no matter what, leagues are ment to separate different skill levels, so if you are having an hard time getting to legend, its probably cause you need to get better and not the MMR’s, pvp system’s fault.

You might well be an amazing player, but it is impossible or nearly impossible for one player to carry a team. I know that a lot of my losses are due to being outplayed/out rotated; but a lot have also been due to quite bad teammates or bad build match ups.

You must have had a lot of luck with your teammates as well as skill to get such a smooth ride to legendary. Personally I find getting on really weak teams annoying sometimes, but I often also get close games so I am not sure the system is that bad.

in PvP

Posted by: Ark Bladesteele.2943

Ark Bladesteele.2943

I played 16 games today and ended up 1 pip below where I started. Super frustrating. I honestly just need to find a consistent team..

NSP’s resident crazy-eyed sylvari

in PvP

Posted by: Ark Bladesteele.2943

Ark Bladesteele.2943

This is a crazy big load of garbage and you should be ashamed of yourself. No one person can carry a win streak 31 long and you should know that. Yes, it’s true that there will be a minority of people that will encounter a lot of luck. There is, however, no way you can solo q with just you being a good player and expect to win that many. It just doesn’t work that way.

Stop bragging, enjoy your luck, and move along.

NSP’s resident crazy-eyed sylvari

in PvP

BrotherBelial.3094

You have won over 50% f your ranked games, to you have average MMR, maybe better if you have Bette players with higher MMR than yours, but I think you don’t know how MMR works.

in PvP

Posted by: Weerus.3701

Weerus.3701

The OP has a valid point! Those who don’t recognize it are the ones that premade it or got MM carried to Diamond. PERIOD.

I play since prestart, but have taken interest ti PvP only 2nd year of the game. Counting till today, that gave me enough of PvP experience.

I needed around 200 games to get my soloq kitten to Diamond, with around 50% loose/win ratio (there were lucky time with 10+ win streak but thats irelevant).

Now this is my first serious pvp season since divisions got introduced and I will tell you my ratio was high above the sky, only to drop down this season. Ruby was living hell. At least 60% of ppl are total newbies (not insulting, they just seem to be too fresh!), that imho got carried there by premade and got left behind. The amount of ppl that knows little to no map mechanic or profession they play is ridiculous.

Ever since I made it to diamond games have got back to normal. Got some win streaks, then lost a game or 2, but everything was close games and it was fun and not frustrating, because I didn’t feel the need to yell or give orders as we simply got outrotated or outclassed by counters.

I pvped a lot before divisions and I have accumulated around 1400 games till today so take my comment with all seriousness.

For everyone that are stuck in ruby hell: there is salvation when you reach diamons – granted you know how to play and are not just crying.

For anet: for the love of god, split premade and soloq ranked, it should prevent newbies from beeing carried beyond their limits.

in PvP

Artemis Thuras.8795

I find all these comments about " people got carried by high MMR" amusing.
How does one acquire and maintain a high MMR in the first place?

I personally found sapphire, ruby and t1-3 diamond easy. But then I was holding/winning 1v3 & 1v2 fights fairly frequently so maybe that made the matches easy for my team. They were typically blowouts after wiping the first team fight in a few seconds.. so I suspect people were giving up and going afk from almost the start of the match.

If you’re struggling to get out of sapphire or ruby, then it probably is a combination of personal skill, build, map knowledge, and rotational knowledge ( which point to be going to) .
Team comp can have a huge impact also – I’d never have made it out of diamond without some pre-match class swapping.

in PvP

Weerus.3701

I’m not 100% sure about MMR, but every game uses something like that on ranked matches. So if first few games were in your favor, you should be set up for easy ride. That is a fact..

I can win 1v1 match and also hold the point 2v1 for a while. If I had proper bunker class I could hold point 2v1 all day. I’m talking from my own experience and I have plenty. I struggled CROSSING ruby, not wining fights. kitten sometimes our team had around 200-300pts while enemies were all under 200 and we still lost. When I hold a point and I see ppl fighting between points and totaly and ingoring map mechanics I just want to ..arrgh :@

Also did you play sapphire and ruby this season? Or were you set already from previous one? Because there is a clusterkitten in ruby division.

in PvP

Artemis Thuras.8795

I’m not 100% sure about MMR, but every game uses something like that on ranked matches. So if first few games were in your favor, you should be set up for easy ride. That is a fact..

I can win 1v1 match and also hold the point 2v1 for a while. If I had proper bunker class I could hold point 2v1 all day. I’m talking from my own experience and I have plenty. I struggled CROSSING ruby, not wining fights. kitten sometimes our team had around 200-300pts while enemies were all under 200 and we still lost. When I hold a point and I see ppl fighting between points and totaly and ingoring map mechanics I just want to ..arrgh :@

Also did you play sapphire and ruby this season? Or were you set already from previous one? Because there is a clusterkitten in ruby division.

The highest you could be pre-started at was the beginning of sapphire…

Also that sounds to me like your rotations between points might be hindering your team if you’re just camping one point. You may also want to use team chat to get some coordination between your team. that helps a lot..

in PvP

Posted by: Hesacon.8735

Hesacon.8735

I’ve been on teams that have come back from 100+ point deficits 3 times so far this season on like 15 games. Usually it’s because the team misplayed the opening phase of the match. One game we went from 100 points behind to 100 points ahead.

Some of the “blowouts” are purely psychological. But I’ve also won games 500-150 and man, those are boring.

in PvP

Weerus.3701

The highest you could be pre-started at was the beginning of sapphire…

Also that sounds to me like your rotations between points might be hindering your team if you’re just camping one point. You may also want to use team chat to get some coordination between your team. that helps a lot..

I did not know that highest you start was sapphire. But if ppl joined late in season, all good players would be diamond and higher, so good luck getting out of ruby last month, if you catch my point. I guess that was exactly my problem, because I started this season less then month ago. Thanks for giving me this info, next season I will start sooner! :P

Please, I don’t camp the points with dps build lol, I rotate from close to mid and far if we got firs two. I mostly dps with revenant and I’m there to burst players down.

What I was trying to say is, when enemy is invading mid or close, it’s usually just me +1 defending, while rest randomly fight over the map. Teamchat works to some extent, I have burned in my memmory 2 premade guardians – one diamond and one ruby or lower. I got matched with them 2 times and they both refused to swap chars and ignored rest of what was in the teamchat thus giving me two losses.

I’m in no way perfect, but at least I’m aware of the map and the character I choose to play. Also my mentality is not to give up and get better, so far I havent afk a single loosing game out of 1400. Ppl be playing spvp like deathmatch… smh

EDIT:

On a side note, I once went duo with person from legend. div. I warned him matches are bad, but he said don’t worry, I haven’t lost for xxx matches.

First game one disconnected and returned at the end of the game. He said bad luck.
Second game was so bad, he was done with it.

Guess on the end of the season ruby literally gets hell in every aspect.

(edited by Weerus.3701)

in PvP

Posted by: MaPko.7408

MaPko.7408

I just love how so many people here are making up excuses to cover up how bad they are x) Flaming the ones that actually know what they are doing. That’s just so stupid.
The matchmaking system is the best it has been in a long time so if the complaining scrubs in this thread could get their things together and actually improve instead of just bashing an actually fine system then I would be so glad.

Inb4 “you got carried by your mmr”, “you know nothing of elo hell”, “blalala”, “mimimi”

in PvP

Artemis Thuras.8795

I only started actually playing this season around 2 weeks ago.
Last season I made from amber to diamond in the last 3 weeks of the season.

Sorry but starting late and blaming bad teams that low is a really weak excuse.

in PvP

Cynz.9437

I find all these comments about " people got carried by high MMR" amusing.
How does one acquire and maintain a high MMR in the first place?

I personally found sapphire, ruby and t1-3 diamond easy. But then I was holding/winning 1v3 & 1v2 fights fairly frequently so maybe that made the matches easy for my team. They were typically blowouts after wiping the first team fight in a few seconds.. so I suspect people were giving up and going afk from almost the start of the match.

If you’re struggling to get out of sapphire or ruby, then it probably is a combination of personal skill, build, map knowledge, and rotational knowledge ( which point to be going to) .
Team comp can have a huge impact also – I’d never have made it out of diamond without some pre-match class swapping.

By playing with premades or starting fresh account (or rather haven’t done much pvp on that account before). Fresh accounts start with pretty good, “clean” MMR which allows you to get on endless winstreak in lower divisions if you are half decent, that allows you to have high MMR in higher divisions as well. Also to note, that most players with high MMR are sitting in legend now, so if you just started to queue or did only few games every week then you can also get easy winstreaks like this.

I played many games since first day of the season, boy was it rough and absolutely one sided. It was either 500-100 losses or wins, you can rotate all you want, win even 1v3 fights you still have entire team being spawn camped or you spawn camp enemy team. That been going on for me till mid diamond at least. Closer to legend semi decent matches became more common but still even in legend you have stupidly one sided matches sometimes where every single pro league player is on one team and some no-name AP farmers on other.

Inb4 “git gut”, i have seen single pro players ending up on crappy teams in some matches and being unable to do anything about the outcome.

I just love how so many people here are making up excuses to cover up how bad they are x) Flaming the ones that actually know what they are doing. That’s just so stupid.
The matchmaking system is the best it has been in a long time so if the complaining scrubs in this thread could get their things together and actually improve instead of just bashing an actually fine system then I would be so glad.

Inb4 “you got carried by your mmr”, “you know nothing of elo hell”, “blalala”, “mimimi”

I got legend in all 3 seasons. People did get carried by higher MMR and bit of luck in this season. I know people with multiple accounts, one with many games, other with few. On one account they needed hundreds games to get to legend, on newer account very few with practically endless winstreak. Same player, same class, different account. Clearly it is all about “git gut”.

Also, whole system is simply bad for population. Forcing not so great players on endless loss streak and other players on endless winstreak just makes people quit pvp all together, either out of frustration or long queues and boring matches. You don’t force first grade kids to play basketball vs high school team competitively. Current system practically does. It is not fun for either sides.

All is Vain~

(edited by Cynz.9437)

in PvP

Mister Fluffkin.7358

You guys are paranoid! And you completly overestimate MMR´s. Look at any other game that displays the rating, a player with rating 1500 for example won´t loose every match against a player with a rating of 1600 per default. There´s much more important things like a good teamcomp, no raging/afk kids in your team or your daily constitution. Just play the freaking game and do your best…

It´s also laughable how people talk about “carried by premade” or brag about getting legendary by soloq like this would be extremly skillfull. All those guys have propably never queued as a premade, otherwise they would know that 80% of your matchups will be against other premades.
It´s by far more difficult to farm pips in a 5 man premade than in soloq, since you will fight good teamcomps all day instead of pure bunker/damage comps every 2nd match. Soloq is much more about luck for a good teamcomp. Queing as a premade is much more about skill/teamplay instead. Comments like this just shows the pve heroes who swarmed pvp since theres a backpack to farm…

in PvP

Weerus.3701

I only started actually playing this season around 2 weeks ago.
Last season I made from amber to diamond in the last 3 weeks of the season.

Sorry but starting late and blaming bad teams that low is a really weak excuse.

I made it diamond in 2 weeks aswell. Point still stands, if you are going to join at the end of the season, you are going to have a bad time…
I just didn’t realize this and was wondering why am I being teamed with ppl clearly out of the league.

in PvP

Weerus.3701

You guys are paranoid! And you completly overestimate MMR´s. Look at any other game that displays the rating, a player with rating 1500 for example won´t loose every match against a player with a rating of 1600 per default. There´s much more important things like a good teamcomp, no raging/afk kids in your team or your daily constitution. Just play the freaking game and do your best…

It´s also laughable how people talk about “carried by premade” or brag about getting legendary by soloq like this would be extremly skillfull. All those guys have propably never queued as a premade, otherwise they would know that 80% of your matchups will be against other premades.
It´s by far more difficult to farm pips in a 5 man premade than in soloq, since you will fight good teamcomps all day instead of pure bunker/damage comps every 2nd match. Soloq is much more about luck for a good teamcomp. Queing as a premade is much more about skill/teamplay instead. Comments like this just shows the pve heroes who swarmed pvp since theres a backpack to farm…

Ofc he won’t loose every game, you are just stating the obvious. It is more like loose 5 and win 1. And comparing 1500 to 1600 is like comparing 80% win streak to 90% win streak, a bit silly isn’kitten
How about a ruined mmr of 600 vs 1600? Still, low chance would have it that on xx match a good player with high mmr gets bad player with high mmr (obviously carried guy) in match and thus giving a chance to 600mmr ppl that got stuck there by missfortune.

I agree to some extend that soloq is easier. I played few matches – we were 3 premades and got matches against a guild team. Guess what? 2 in 3 chance is they suck. If your team is at least medicore at fighting and applies map mechanic to a match, its a sure win. While in soloq, a lot of time 3/4 ppl are a good fighters, but lack the knowledge to win the game. Winning the fight != winning a match and spvp != deathmatch.

I mean how could I not complain about some players that are obviously trying to fly without the wings, but suddenly they appeared in space and have no way of manuvering (in matter of speach). They are just way out of their league!

I WILL SAY THIS AGAIN: I think that problem is joining on the last month of the seaon and nothing else, if they would make ranked requirements way higher, even last week of ranked would be enjoyable. You have to admit it that its flawed currently as it is too easy to join ranked.

in PvP

Posted by: Lexander.4579

Lexander.4579

sorry babe but pvp players are like cream, good ones rise to the top

Alex Shadowdagger – Thief – Blacktide

in PvP

Weerus.3701

sorry babe but pvp players are like cream, good ones rise to the top

lol :’D

in PvP

Posted by: Rodzynald.5897

Rodzynald.5897

Truth be told.
Luck is a quite a significant factor while doing solo-que. Premades are the way to go if we are to speak of skill.
I said that once somewhere but I’ll use this example once more.
I have a friend in my guild who does PvE, this season he thought he is gonna roll in with his DH and in the first two weeks of the season he got from amber to diamond within about 120 matches. He claimed that he went solo-que but I call bullkitten on that one.

Second thing, to reach diamond or legendary you have to spend quite chunk of your time.
I somehow feel pity and jelly at the same time for those who have time and a stable connection to play that many matches to reach 5th or 6th division.

Guardian is meant for jolly crusading.

in PvP

Posted by: Cuchulainn.7421

Cuchulainn.7421

Is anyone here who has two accounts? An old and a new one? And plays crazily pvp with both accs parallel?

I think, this would be the clear proof if MMR works as intended or not.

in PvP

Posted by: Covis.6037

Covis.6037

30 wins no losses. from instant sapphire to diamond (just today so i didnt even get any players of my MMR in my side because they are already higher). did it 100% with my least played classes too. just by that experience i can tell u that its not the MMR thats keeping people back, they are most likely where they deserve to be at…

in PvP

Mister Fluffkin.7358

Ofc he won’t loose every game, you are just stating the obvious. It is more like loose 5 and win 1. And comparing 1500 to 1600 is like comparing 80% win streak to 90% win streak, a bit silly isn’kitten
How about a ruined mmr of 600 vs 1600? Still, low chance would have it that on xx match a good player with high mmr gets bad player with high mmr (obviously carried guy) in match and thus giving a chance to 600mmr ppl that got stuck there by missfortune.

No, it´s more like 50:50, not 5:1. Also the algorythm won´t match a 600 rating against a 1600, it tries to give you the best possible matchup. It´s simply in the nature of random matchups that it´s hugely based on luck, primarily due to teamcomps. Play with a guildteam if you look for competition, soloq is made for casual gaming. Simple as that.