I've owned GW2 for 3 years and I only pvp.

in PvP

Posted by: WuGzaGenius.5684

WuGzaGenius.5684

After the initial months of release, I have not stepped foot outside of heart of the mists.

I find this odd, but there is nothing for me to do outside of the Heart of the mists… Dungeons are boring repetitive and the bosses are braindead easy. lack of end game has made me neglect the lore because I don’t want to do dungeons or grind the mobs in the open world.

I feel like i should be able to queue for pvp outside of heart of the mists and not be zoned in there, there should be open world dueling on request of both parties, and I would like it if they had arenas much like WoW’s 2v2 / 3v3 arenas.

IDK how people play this game for so long without quitting( for those of you who play PVE) it blows my mind.

Explain to me please.

in PvP

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

Different people like different things.

How can you possibly like running around in a small area over and over again, killing and getting killed. Sounds boring.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

in PvP

WuGzaGenius.5684

How can you possibly like running around in a small area over and over again, killing and getting killed. Sounds boring.

I don’t like sitting in heart of the mists, but i enjoy pvp because of the competitive nature of what pvp is.

in PvP

Posted by: paintpixie.7398

paintpixie.7398

You don’t have to understand what people enjoy in order to accept that they do.

I assure you, there are people who are the polar opposite of you, who have done nothing but PvE since they started, and who find PvP just as repetitive and boring as you find PvE. And even if they explain their reasons, you still won’t understand.

I personally, like to play both. I like to switch it up, and do different things when the mood strikes me. But I would never expect everybody to play the same way that I do, either. I guarantee somebody would find it dreadfully boring, too.

in PvP

Posted by: Roundabout.1752

Roundabout.1752

Why the need to take it into PvP into the open world if you don’t want to do open world content?

in PvP

Just a flesh wound.3589

I don’t like sitting in heart of the mists, but i enjoy pvp because of the competitive nature of what pvp is.

I guess. It would bore me to tears. The same maps over and over. The same people. Playing in the same room for 3 years. Over and over and over. I don’t see the attraction myself. But people are different.

ANet may give it to you.

in PvP

Posted by: femalehumanmeta.8351

femalehumanmeta.8351

To be fair, most pve only people who started playing the game at launch probably don’t play anymore.

in PvP

WuGzaGenius.5684

Why the need to take it into PvP into the open world if you don’t want to do open world content?

I don’t mind the open world or its content, but i dont understand the phasing behind the heart of the mists and why we can’t duel in the open world.

in PvP

Posted by: Seera.5916

Seera.5916

I don’t mind the open world or its content, but i dont understand the phasing behind the heart of the mists and why we can’t duel in the open world.

Because not everyone likes dueling in the open world and the community that typically brings along.

And the skill sets and gear for PvP and PvE/WvW are completely different. PvP being separate allows for ANet to keep PvP balanced and to where it comes down to the differences in skill levels, not who is richer or who has played longer.

in PvP

Posted by: Malice.8439

Malice.8439

Explain to me please.

Sometimes, people like things that you don’t.

All warfare is based on deception.
- Sun Tzu, Art of War

in PvP

Posted by: Narrrz.7532

Narrrz.7532

I think HotM is probably my biggest turnoff about pvp. What an unutterably bland, lifeless place to wait for matches to pop.

in PvP

Posted by: Crimson Clouds.4853

Crimson Clouds.4853

Explain to me please.

This. If everybody like and disliked the same things, the world would be a boring place.

My question to you is this: how do you know that you won’t like PvE if you haven’t set foot outside HotM?

And I agree- if you do the same dungeons and a very small pool of content day-in-day-out, then yes, it would become boring. High level fractals bosses are far more interesting- I find dungeons a bit of a faceroll compare to them. I dabble in all aspects of PvE, but also play PvP every so often. I don’t do WvW so much, apart from dailies.

in PvP

WuGzaGenius.5684

Because not everyone likes dueling in the open world and the community that typically brings along.

And the skill sets and gear for PvP and PvE/WvW are completely different. PvP being separate allows for ANet to keep PvP balanced and to where it comes down to the differences in skill levels, not who is richer or who has played longer.

All that information is completely irrelevant to what i was asking. WHY DON’T WE HAVE NON INSTANCED DUELS YET?

in PvP

WuGzaGenius.5684

Explain to me please.

This. If everybody like and disliked the same things, the world would be a boring place.

My question to you is this: how do you know that you won’t like PvE if you haven’t set foot outside HotM?

And I agree- if you do the same dungeons and a very small pool of content day-in-day-out, then yes, it would become boring. High level fractals bosses are far more interesting- I find dungeons a bit of a faceroll compare to them. I dabble in all aspects of PvE, but also play PvP every so often. I don’t do WvW so much, apart from dailies.

Let me be clear, i played this game how it was supposed to be for a good 2 months or so. Then i stopped because doing dailys / pve’ing and doing dungeons were just un-challenging and repetitive. I really like GW2’s combat system, and I also love their pvp.

What I do not love is the fact that you have to sit inside of heart of the mists and jerk ur self off till queue pops. (there’s nothing to do there)
Also, why can’t we duel outside in the real open world? I can’t even do it in the heart of the mists (this would actually be decent!) If me and someone else want to duel each other we have to coordinate servers to go in and fight each other. That means the following: Finding the correct server, making sure no ones in it, (no possible servers? gotta buy a server? )making sure you both get into said server and then you are able to fight.

in PvP

Just a flesh wound.3589

Because PvE is cooperative and mixing PvP with PvE causes trouble. The trouble it causes has been well discussed in all the hundreds of duel threads that have already been made over the last 3 years.

ANet may give it to you.

in PvP

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

To be fair I probably spend a third of my time in the gvg arena in Obsidian Sanctum, another third in WvW and then pvp.

Basically all the content that was updated the least.

in PvP

Posted by: Halan.7931

Halan.7931

If i wanted to purely pvp, I’d play Tekken/MK, or joined a boxing club.

I play games mostly for world exploration and story (and diverse classes).

in PvP

Posted by: Kross.6428

Kross.6428

All that information is completely irrelevant to what i was asking. WHY DON’T WE HAVE NON INSTANCED DUELS YET?

Actually, what Seera said is not all that irrelevant, so I suggest you hakuna-your-tatas.

By separating PvE from PvP, the devs can create two separate combat/build systems that do not interfere with one another. If you have open world dueling in the PvE maps, then there no longer will be the necessary tweaks and adjustments present in PvP maps that keep combat balance among the classes. (Which is why I think dueling in WvW maps totally sucks.)

Also, as Seera mentioned, not everyone is a fan of dueling and the behavior of the people that partake in it. That’s another reason why it is beneficial that PvE and PvP be kept separate.

However, if you are requesting that dueling become available only in the Heart of the Mists, then that is something I can agree with. It keeps the PvP, in PvP.

Stormbluff Isle – Baka Royale [Baka]

(edited by Kross.6428)

in PvP

Posted by: Bomber.3872

Bomber.3872

lol, duelling is the worst. If you want duel, join WoW. Gw2 doesn’t need such bad stuff!

IGN: Euer Verderben
[RUC] Riverside United Corps! For Riverside!

in PvP

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

I think PvP is immensely boring. Maybe it’s fun to see if you can beat someone else, but I went through that phase years ago and it’s not all it’s cracked up to be.

I find myself wanting to cooperate with people, instead of opposing them these days. To each his own.

in PvP

Posted by: reapex.8546

reapex.8546

What I do not love is the fact that you have to sit inside of heart of the mists and jerk ur self off till queue pops. (there’s nothing to do there)
Also, why can’t we duel outside in the real open world? I can’t even do it in the heart of the mists (this would actually be decent!) If me and someone else want to duel each other we have to coordinate servers to go in and fight each other. That means the following: Finding the correct server, making sure no ones in it, (no possible servers? gotta buy a server? )making sure you both get into said server and then you are able to fight.

Don’t wait, do hot join or custom browser. To answer your original question, people do what they find fun. I’m a PvX player, so I find all of the game modes fun and I rarely ever get bored because there is so much that can be done.

in PvP

Posted by: kolompi.1287

kolompi.1287

I think PvP is immensely boring. Maybe it’s fun to see if you can beat someone else, but I went through that phase years ago and it’s not all it’s cracked up to be.

I find myself wanting to cooperate with people, instead of opposing them these days. To each his own.

In PvP (in theory) you cooperate with 4 other people (your team) to win the match against the other team of five who cooperate with each other.

In PvP you need to cooperate much much more than in any PvE content, because if you do not, you WILL lose (there is only so much personal skill can carry against an organized team).

So while PvP is inherently competitive, it is also way more about coordination and cooperation than any other content. (Maybe an actually organized wvw zerg comes close to it.)

in PvP

Posted by: BeckaPL.2670

BeckaPL.2670

It’s not at all irrelevant. Open world dueling (as in what you’re asking for) brings out really bad attitudes in people. People start harassing people in maps to duel them, insulting them if they won’t and treating people generally awfully. High level people start picking on low levels and the environment ends up worse overall. That is a big reason we won’t have it and therefore completely relevent

in PvP

Posted by: Molch.2078

Molch.2078

Uhm, other question: Why should we have non instanced dueling in open pve?

in PvP

Posted by: Algreg.3629

Algreg.3629

You don’t have to understand what people enjoy in order to accept that they do.

I assure you, there are people who are the polar opposite of you, who have done nothing but PvE since they started, and who find PvP just as repetitive and boring as you find PvE. And even if they explain their reasons, you still won’t understand.

I personally, like to play both. I like to switch it up, and do different things when the mood strikes me. But I would never expect everybody to play the same way that I do, either. I guarantee somebody would find it dreadfully boring, too.

I have never heard anyone categorizing any kind of pvp as repetitive and boring in any game. Every match is different, it is the human element.

People stay away from pvp because they are afraid of competitive play and to some extend due to the, well, let´s call it “climate” some pvp players create. I´d say they don´t understand what they are missing out on because of not overcoming those psychological barriers, but in the end, that is their choice and their loss.

PS: I don´t see why this would have to happen in the PvE environment as there are plenty of options for pvp in the relevant game modes.

in PvP

Posted by: emikochan.8504

emikochan.8504

PvE is fun, PvP is also fun, that’s why I’m still playing :p

Welcome to my world – http://emikochan13.wordpress.com

in PvP

Posted by: Ravezaar.4951

Ravezaar.4951

PvE and WvW is to very seperate things byw, WvW is PvP just on a larger Scale tho there is alot of small-scale and Solo Roaming going on. I Solo Roam in WvW basicly 80% of my ingame time since release and rest is WvW with Guild + PvP. I prefer WvW over PvP due to the lack of restrictions mainly and also due to in a big way the"Amulet system" wich also has way to many limitations to ever be effective. Some classes like Ele and before Engi benefits to much from the “Amulet System” .. benefits u dont see at the same scale in WvW.

Lore and the World in Gw2 is fantastic but as OP I stoped doing Dungeons after first 6months and that goes for rest of PvE aswell, except the rare unlocking of a new Map…

Rewards force WvW players into PvE against there will by Anet in a way sPvP players dont since WvW players gear is mostly linked with PvE players (exceptions being Agony stuff for fractals).

Alot of WvW players wont do good in PvP but there are exceptions like the old RG players like Sabull & Sindrener aso… PvP would have equal hard to adapt to large scale WvW despite haveing the skill for small scale some of them are actually quite weak in WvW.

I would do much more PvP if Amulet system got removed or changed
I would do much more PvE if it actually were a challenge at all, it just isnt even close

ps: Stop saying WvW and PvE are same cathegory, its an insult to both

Underjordens Furste 80 Necro Piken-server
Servant of Dhuum

in PvP

Posted by: Dahkeus.8243

Dahkeus.8243

Well, when you buy an entire game, but only play one small part of it, then you kinda put yourself in a place where you get bored/burnout of the content easily.

If you don’t enjoy any type of non-sPvP content at all, that’s fine, but I’d recommend balancing your gaming time with other games more so you don’t get so bored of GW2.

in PvP

Posted by: Nyx.6532

Nyx.6532

After the initial months of release, I have not stepped foot outside of heart of the mists.

I find this odd, but there is nothing for me to do outside of the Heart of the mists… Dungeons are boring repetitive and the bosses are braindead easy. lack of end game has made me neglect the lore because I don’t want to do dungeons or grind the mobs in the open world.

I feel like i should be able to queue for pvp outside of heart of the mists and not be zoned in there, there should be open world dueling on request of both parties, and I would like it if they had arenas much like WoW’s 2v2 / 3v3 arenas.

IDK how people play this game for so long without quitting( for those of you who play PVE) it blows my mind.

Explain to me please.

imagine if they introduced “flagging” in the open world. so you could flag yourself for pvp in all area’s and it would give you loot bonusses or something else when doing so

ofcouse with the horrific balance as it is now. that properly wouldn’t do too much, but well it could be cool if the balance was good, so if they ever fixed that hehe ^^

in PvP

Posted by: RoRo.8270

RoRo.8270

You aren’t missing much especially considering the majority of open world events are giant zerg trains

in PvP

Posted by: zinkz.7045

zinkz.7045

Plenty of games have a flag option for duels, including games that had far better communities than GW2, like LOTRO.

in PvP

Posted by: Daishi.6027

Daishi.6027

Both really have their ups and downs.

High end frac can be entertaining, same with solo runs of different dungeons. But a lot of the reasons mentioned why PvE is boring are definitely valid, considering that is majority of the content. So if your not into it then it’s understandable.

However to contrast the monotonous nature of PvE, PvP has always had badly balanced metas especially 1v1 (and thus another part of the reason why we will not have “/duel” or “PK mode”) and until recently 5v5 had no clause to mitigate class stacking which you can still do in queue. Which all in all is unbelievably frustrating, even more so when combined with the toxic nature of players. But as is the nature of any PvPer it always feels good and is fun to put another player in the ground.

So I personally don’t blame anyone for disliking or enjoying either side of the game, nor do I blame anyone for not liking the game at all.

But I think every individual finds something in this game that they enjoy doing, and just do it.

If you are up to trying new things go solo exp Arah, that is one of the most enjoyable things you can do in PvE until you’ve done it to many times and got bored… But hey you can sell slots and make a shiny weapon to kill people with :p

“I control time and space; you can’t break free.~”
“Maybe I was the illusion all along!”

(edited by Daishi.6027)

in PvP

WuGzaGenius.5684

If i wanted to purely pvp, I’d play Tekken/MK, or joined a boxing club.

I play games mostly for world exploration and story (and diverse classes).

To me that is thee lamest kitten i have ever heard.

in PvP

Posted by: Stark.1350

Stark.1350

So you stood in a tiny map and played the same handful of maps for 3 years.

While we have a wider variety of maps by far, WvW, living story events, and can pvp if we so choose, and you’re asking US how we stand it.

/headdesk

in PvP

WuGzaGenius.5684

So you stood in a tiny map and played the same handful of maps for 3 years.

While we have a wider variety of maps by far, WvW, living story events, and can pvp if we so choose, and you’re asking US how we stand it.

/headdesk

I dont find any of those intriguing at all. I just enjoy PvP matches and wish Anet would focus more on it.

in PvP

Posted by: bhagwad.4281

bhagwad.4281

I used to love GW1 PvE content. GW2 PvE open world content is terrible with just zergs all around.

Moreover, GW1 PvE had heroes. Towards the end, I could just go out with 7 heroes of my own and play almost all PvE content solo. That freed me from the headache of finding a party.

Unfortunately, almost all decent GW2 PvE content requires a group

in PvP

Posted by: zone.1073

zone.1073

Queuing arenas outside of HotM reduces the chance of players accepting queue pops, leading to longer queue times.

Dueling is on the development list but is not prioritized. Devs have expressed interest in creating a jump puzzle that leads to a dueling island within HotM. However, priorities are focused on living world content and HoT development.

(edited by zone.1073)

in PvP

Posted by: runeblade.7514

runeblade.7514

It’s not at all irrelevant. Open world dueling (as in what you’re asking for) brings out really bad attitudes in people. People start harassing people in maps to duel them, insulting them if they won’t and treating people generally awfully. High level people start picking on low levels and the environment ends up worse overall. That is a big reason we won’t have it and therefore completely relevent

It’s not at all irrelevant. Gold (as in what you’re asking for) brings out really bad attitudes in people. People start begging people in maps to give them gold, insulting them if they won’t and treating people generally awfully. Beggars start whispering and the environment ends up worse overall. That is a big reason we shouldn’t have it and therefore completely relevent.

5x Warrior, 5x Ranger, 4x Elementalist, 4x Engineer,
4x Necromancer, 3x Mesmer, 4x Guardian, 4x Thief, 4 Revenant

in PvP

Posted by: abc.5790

abc.5790

Same. I’ve been playing gw2 for over 3 years and only pvp. It’s fun. When they nerf my build, I just re-adapt. I love playing unique builds but the June patch kinda destroyed diversity. As always, I re-adapt tho Im not too happy about it.

Attachments:

[Star] In My Prono
EU Scrub