it has a cooldown, i want one without cooldown and no duration.,

Take your time to learn proper keybinding, it’s worth the struggle

I want direct damage immunity at 25% hp

in PvP

Posted by: Deified.7520

Deified.7520

i want an “autokick engineers around the map at 25% hp”

Why?

I don’t understand the anger with this sorry. I haven’t kept up on it and wondering why I see comments like this so much?

in PvP

Posted by: cheese.4739

cheese.4739

Why?

I don’t understand the anger with this sorry. I haven’t kept up on it and wondering why I see comments like this so much?

With Automated Response? It gives engineers immunity to incoming conditions when they’re under 25% health (existing condi continues to tick).

in PvP

Posted by: Romek.4201

Romek.4201

Why?

With Automated Response? It gives engineers immunity to incoming conditions when they’re under 25% health (existing condi continues to tick).

and engineers dont need anymore more than this to be usefull nowadays

AR + passivheal while spamming and max knockbacks
when die run back and start again

in PvP

Posted by: Sari.9836

Sari.9836

I agree that it is bad design choice but without it, Engineers would just drop dead. :D
There are inter-connected issues over all the classes.

(edited by Sari.9836)

in PvP

Romek.4201

I agree that it is bad design choice but without it, Engineers would just drop dead.
There are inter-connected issues over all the classes so necromancers have to be revisited too.

only the bad ones and they deserve to “just drop dead”

engineer worked fine before, without AR, and people talked bout engineer as the class with most skill

now its just broken and FACEROLL

edit: oh andc not only AR

condi imun from warrior and diamondskin need to be removed too

in PvP

Deified.7520

So if automated response is so good with the meta, how come we don’t see more engineers? I mean it is the least played class , so something must be up.

in PvP

Romek.4201

So if automated response is so good with the meta, how come we don’t see more engineers? I mean it is the least played class , so something must be up.

you even paly the game atm?

go soloQ and you have 2+ engis per team

i even had 4 engis in enemyteam

its fun

in PvP

Deified.7520

its fun

Yeah I play pvp every now and then. Not nearly as much as I use to. I’ve been in situations when I’ve had 2+ guardians per team, 2+ eles, 2+ thieves, 2+ mesmers, etc. Does that mean these classes are OP?

Just curious , what class do you main?

in PvP

Posted by: Sari.9836

Sari.9836

I agree that it is bad design choice but without it, Engineers would just drop dead.
There are inter-connected issues over all the classes so necromancers have to be revisited too.

engineer worked fine before, without AR, and people talked bout engineer as the class with most skill

Certain build options weren’t available before June patch with power-metas dominating the scene before. That means Elixier R and Elixier S were picked, or even Flamethrower. Teldo also used a Rifle One-Shot build at some point. There was also HGH…okay that build was a pain and it was played with a Necromancer in the team-comp.
But anyway, I meant that it is bad design choice anyway, but it would not be a good balance decision to change it without changing other class-interconnected issues.

(edited by Sari.9836)

in PvP

Romek.4201

its fun

Yeah I play pvp every now and then. Not nearly as much as I use to. I’ve been in situations when I’ve had 2+ guardians per team, 2+ eles, 2+ thieves, 2+ mesmers, etc. Does that mean these classes are OP?

my most tournament games played per class i have on engi – why ask?
And YES when you have CONSTANT over population from 1 class in games than this class became somehow op now and all the bobs rerolled it.

ATM it looks like all hammer monkeys play now decapclown

BUT

this has nothing to do with thema and its about AR and AR is total broken and fail design and it need to be REMOVED from game. Not nerfed – REMOVED

in PvP

Deified.7520

its fun

And YES when you have CONSTANT over population from 1 class in games than this class became somehow op now and all the bobs rerolled it.

BUT

this has nothing to do with thema and its about AR and AR is total broken and fail design and it need to be REMOVED from game. Not nerfed – REMOVED

Most tournament teams I have watched also always have a guardian. Mesmer too. How should they nerf those two classes?

in PvP

Romek.4201

its fun

BUT

Most tournament teams I have watched also always have a guardian. Mesmer too. How should they nerf those two classes?

Man you post bullkitten and it has nothing to with the thema.
You waste my time

in PvP

Deified.7520

its fun

BUT

Man you post bullkitten and it has nothing to with the thema.
You waste my time

I’m just trying to use the reasoning with AR and engineers and apply it to other classes. If you’d like some advice with AR, try timing your conditions right before he goes below 25% hp. Or perhaps try not building so heavily into conditions that you can’t deal enough physical DPS.

in PvP

Posted by: jonnis.2946

jonnis.2946

Automated response and the decapper Engineer in general work because it screws over the meta specs. Spirit rangers dont have enough damage without the burst to kill them, bunker guards obviously not, Necros can’t get them, hambow warriors wont if the engineer uses blinds and dodges well (and they cant then rely on pin down because of AR). Thieves are a bit more of an even fight for the decapper, but if the engis got bombs normally he’ll win in the end.

The simple counter to this spec is any kind of Burst, but none of that exists in the current meta. If you try to play with one against a bursty team, you are completely useless.

I personally don’t think that AR is a very well designed trait as I disagree with immunity to a core mechanic like conditions, personally I would be happier if it simply prevented you from being afflicted with damaging conditions, so you could still be crippled, feared (but take no damage), chilled, immobi’d, blinded, weaknessed or vulnerabilitied, some of those definitely aren’t words. I don’t agree with the Engineer being immune to both the damage that conditions provide and the control.

As it is though, it does have some interesting play to it, while it does seemingly make the Engineer immune to certain specs, it isn’t a totally skill less trait. I also would argue the general decapper has a lot more key presses per minute than the average class and is easily screwed up, as with any engineer build, so has a higher initial learning curve, and a higher skill cap, I’ve got absolutely no problem with it being a viable build in sPvP.

If you see an Engineer in the opposition team though, just bring something along that you know can deal with it. There’s a reason this spec doesn’t see any play in the ESL, and its because its too easily countered by good players. Either they can create 2v1s and finish the fight very quickly or they are confident enough in 1v1s to beat it out. If it were truly OP, there would be decap Engineers everywhere in the league.

I’d also argue that Warriors, who have the potential for 3 condi removals every 8 seconds at the moment and have condi immunity for 8 seconds/every 60 are far better counters to condition specs, in a way that takes far less skill.

(edited by jonnis.2946)

in PvP

Posted by: Vuh.1328

Vuh.1328

edit: oh andc not only AR

condi imun from warrior and diamondskin need to be removed too

^this.

Also just because a certain trait, skill or runeset isn’t “viable” in the current meta doesn’t change the fact they can be op/broken/require change.
Automated Response, Berserker Stance, Diamond(along with insane condi cleanses) skin NEEDS to be changed if we ever want conditions application to change.

in PvP

Posted by: Dee Jay.2460

Dee Jay.2460

Because contrary to popular belief people don’t play what’s OP, they play what they enjoy.

in PvP

Posted by: echo.2053

echo.2053

Rofl this is too choice. Lol must be frustrating to see an opponent with a skill that allows them to bypass parts of the game but you wouldn’t understand this with your hs equipped would you?

Bender the offender – Proud violator of 17 safe spaces –

in PvP

Posted by: ens.9854

ens.9854

More like autoMAD response

in PvP

Vuh.1328

Rofl this is too choice. Lol must be frustrating to see an opponent with a skill that allows them to bypass parts of the game but you wouldn’t understand this with your hs equipped would you?

What did you try to say?

in PvP

Vuh.1328

what?

in PvP

Posted by: Chuck Zitto.2367

Chuck Zitto.2367

I don’t know I kinda like that you can’t just equip condi dmg and faceroll every class/build. I think the problem is 9 out of 10 people in solo and team q all play knockback bunkers that do no damage whatsoever and cant do the last 4k or so direct dmg it takes to kill the engi. I mean a thief or a mesmer can usually down that low engi in one or two hits.
Also again the main problem is there is only one game type. Which forces you to play bunker and sit in a small circle knocking people out to win so thats the builds you see played.

in PvP

Posted by: gesho.9468

gesho.9468

Is this necro? With chain fears that would bring engi 30% → without even a chance to regain control? Or condi spike that would bring engi down before any cleansing spell finishes casting? Which can laugh at one or the other strictly conditioned partial immunity since he has better by having multiple life pools in single battle through death shroud?

What do you expect your build to be, afk win? I mean there is one, within the same prof by the way. go mm.

in PvP

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

me too… remove last refuge and give us condi/direct dmg immunity at 25% so we are on paar with warriors (which apprently are equivalent of perfect balance for devs based on past few months patches) and engis

jokes aside, i think passive immunities need to be removed and bound on something active and meet actual condition for effect

like thief condi removal for example: you can remove condition if you enter stealth….conditions won’t get removed unless you actively go into stealth (while not having revealed debuff) and have traited for it

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

(edited by Cynz.9437)

in PvP

echo.2053

I was making light humor at a warrior complaining about passive play meanwhile most likely running a passive heal. Makes it kinda ironic.

in PvP

Posted by: Jinx.7258

Jinx.7258

Is this necro? With chain fears that would bring engi 30% -> without even a chance to regain control? Or condi spike that would bring engi down before any cleansing spell finishes casting? Which can laugh at one or the other strictly conditioned partial immunity since he has better by having multiple life pools in single battle through death shroud?

What do you expect your build to be, afk win? I mean there is one, within the same prof by the way. go mm.

If you cant simply place your healing turret and blow it up when you go under 25% HP is your bloody clueless gameplay.
Fear is counterable by Stability, not to mention one of the skills is Mark/Wall…
DS is full once in a full match. If you simply cant interupt Life Transfer and strip the DS pool in 2 seconds, you are beyond clueless
MM is piece of cake to beat down, all you gotta do is range the pets at the start. They are simply dead in 3 aoe shots…

#VoTF4Life

in PvP

echo.2053

Lol wow.

The healing turret combo brings your hp over 25% easily. The second that the engi has 26% of their total health, they become vulnerable to conditions again. Contrary to the popular notion it’s not an permanent effect. You have to stay under 25% to get the ability.

Stability only counters fear if it’s up prior to the fear or if the skill apply stability is also a stun breaker. That being said they have access to it only through 4 ways elixir x, toss elixir b, mortar ( which if your getting related by in spvp you deserve to lose lol) and thumper turret tool skill ( the only sb with stability). Your a necro corrupt boon just corrupt boon and lul.

Wells are instantly activated when placed under an opponent, unless your predictable spamming them there isn’t an issue here.

Ds is only filled 1 per a game? What the hell are you doing all game? Even with having as big of life force pool as I can I still go from 0 to full several times a match. Stop camping the sky hammer, treb, cannon and get into the fight.

If your hell bent on being as passive as possiable as necromancer then yeah your minions are gonna die to ranged attacks. If you take position that if he is ranged then he isn’t taking the point and thus I can back up put of range to prevent all my minions from getting killed. Then the moment he goes to cap I’ll swarm in forcing back to ranged. He sure as hell not gonna stay long trying to keep under 25% hp and dodging multiple minions.

Your minions die in 3 aoe shots? You sure we are talking about engi’s here?

in PvP

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

Your minions die in 3 aoe shots? You sure we are talking about engi’s here?

To be honest, most of MM minions should die from grenades/bombkit pretty quickly. Engineer is considered as counter for MM.

Just my 2 cents

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

in PvP

Deified.7520

This is the problem with the community on this forum sometimes. So many people complain about mechanics only when it works against them and not for them. The problem isn’t just automated response. It’s passive full counters. There are tons of them in this game. If they’re going to nerf AR, they’ll need to nerf all the passive full counter players.

Instead of saying AR needs nerf cause it’s working against my class, say that Passives that allow you to fully counter something should be nerfed and use multiple examples from other classes (including AR).

That’s the biggest problem I’ve found with some of these balance passes. They nerf something then let other classes have a very similar mechanic. Next patch they’ll finally be nerf other classes vigor application which I think they really should have done when they nerfed engineers.

in PvP

Posted by: Tryble.6819

Tryble.6819

Another idiot. Go actually play the game u kiddo. Condi builds have spike dmg, like Signet of Spite

Looking at Signet of Spite, its damaging conditions consist of Poison and 2 Bleed.

What definition of ‘spike damage’ do you go by?

in PvP

Posted by: rhycochet.5268

rhycochet.5268

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/index.php?title=Automated_Response&oldid=192985

i’m confused. what do you mean engis worked fine before, without AR? is that before february of 2012?

in PvP

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

Why?

Right now a bunker/decap engi is the easiest spec to play in the entire game. It takes no skill and yet is very effective. That’s why there is so many comments in general.

in PvP

Vuh.1328

I was making light humor at a warrior complaining about passive play meanwhile most likely running a passive heal. Makes it kinda ironic.

If you meant me i’m not even maining warrior, i’m mostly maining engi and mesmer.. just “forced” to play warrior :/