I won a 1v2 as reaper

I won a 1v2 as reaper

in PvP

Posted by: Ramoth.9064

Ramoth.9064

While killing 4 door bombers. Even had enough time to /say “you guys are pretty bad, lol”.

Fun times.

The specialization is actually quite well balanced. You’re able to get decent survivability with burst gear, or decent killing power via attrition with tanky gear. Its really just a L2P issue.

I won a 1v2 as reaper

in PvP

Posted by: SlimChance.6593

SlimChance.6593

Great kid! Don’t get kitteny.

Eccho, Echo Oread – Mesmers (Yak’s Bend)
My EchoRupt Build - Forum Post

I won a 1v2 as reaper

in PvP

Posted by: Wolfs Shadow.7234

Wolfs Shadow.7234

While killing 4 door bombers. Even had enough time to /say “you guys are pretty bad, lol”.

Fun times.

The specialization is actually quite well balanced. You’re able to get decent survivability with burst gear, or decent killing power via attrition with tanky gear. Its really just a L2P issue.

So… if I understand this correctly. You troll two players, come to the forums to tell everyone you think Reaper is balanced…. ?

Playing as a reaper and against one are 2 very different perspectives.

I won a 1v2 as reaper

in PvP

Posted by: Coelho Nat.4697

Coelho Nat.4697

The type of player that makes me block all chat during pvp matches.

I won a 1v2 as reaper

in PvP

Ramoth.9064

You might think I’m trolling but to understand a class you actually need to play it first. Its the general feeling that when you are playing the class, with a reasonable build, you are put on the precipice of either winning or losing the fight, but neither situations happening as a landslide. I survived the burst from the thief, but only just, and I recovered using a variety of utilities. Just in time for the thief to begin a second round of burst. I didn’t win by a landslide, though I suspect they gave up when I killed the door bombers.

If I consistently kicked kitten like so I might actually feel the Reaper is imbalanced, but it actually requires a good amount of timing and awareness. .’. IMO, it feels quite balanced.

I won a 1v2 as reaper

in PvP

Posted by: Crinn.7864

Crinn.7864

Fun times.

So… if I understand this correctly. You troll two players, come to the forums to tell everyone you think Reaper is balanced…. ?

I’m 99% certain that the story in the OP is either complete bullkitten or at most mostly bullkitten, and this is just a very poor indirect attempt to QQ about reaper.

Sanity is for the weak minded.
YouTube

I won a 1v2 as reaper

in PvP

Ramoth.9064

Fun times.

I’m 99% certain that the story in the OP is either complete bullkitten or at most mostly bullkitten, and this is just a very poor indirect attempt to QQ about reaper.

Well, you’d be wrong. I could meet you in game, with my main, a Reaper, though I’m not sure what purpose it’d serve.

My point is, the changes to the game is still very fresh, and people just need to learn to adjust. In saying this, I’ve played with a reaper for a reasonable amount of time that I can opinionate that the reaper feels reasonably balanced.

I won a 1v2 as reaper

in PvP

Posted by: abc.5790

abc.5790

Reapers have stated the same thing you did hours after last Tuesday’s buff

[Star] In My Prono
EU Scrub

I won a 1v2 as reaper

in PvP

Posted by: Vague Memory.2817

Vague Memory.2817

All I’m hearing is I play an op elite, and like to be able to kill everyone when outnumbered, so please don’t change reaper because it will means it will require more skill to play. Therefore it is balanced.

I won a 1v2 as reaper

in PvP

Posted by: nacario.9417

nacario.9417

And all I see here is readers that have no sense of humor and tolerance. Sure he beat two players that maybe werent on top of their game, good for him, and Im not going to comment on reaper class based on the little info we have. Nor have I much experience figthing them yet after launch, being so busy leveling masteries and all.

Power Ranger PvP
I used to be a power ranger, now not sure anymore

I won a 1v2 as reaper

in PvP

Posted by: Dristig.9678

Dristig.9678

I main Reaper. It is reasonably well balanced. It is one of the only classes that scales well in team fights and while outnumbered. I think that gives an impression that it is OP. 1v1 is actually harder than 1v2 most of the time.

This is because of the cleave mechanics that Reaper has over base Necro and the way Life Force works. In a 1v1 situation it is pretty easy to be starving for LF. In a team fight or 1v2 all the cleave you have in Reaper Shroud can make me feel like I’m never going to run out of LF. This is especially true against minion or pet builds. Cleaving down all minions from a minion master necro or downing a Ranger pet or mowing down all of an Engineer’s turrets or killing all mesmer illusions before they are shattered is really powerful and it feeds LF generation like crazy.

Reapers can probably do things that you can’t do on a good dueling class but they are surprisingly handicapped in duels.

I won a 1v2 as reaper

in PvP

Posted by: Salamander.2504

Salamander.2504

I play reaper and basically just get wrecked. After playing for a few weeks now, it’s pretty clear that giving reaper stability doesn’t do a thing to change the “focus the necro” attitude. Reaper has all of the weaknesses of base necro, with the exception of decent stab uptime. It’s actually disappointing. Maybe once ANet fixes the power creep won’t matter so much, but attrition is a poor imitation of real sustain (blocks/invulns, etc.).

(edited by Salamander.2504)

I won a 1v2 as reaper

in PvP

Posted by: dank.3680

dank.3680

I play reaper and basically just get wrecked. After playing for a few weeks now, it’s pretty clear that giving reaper stability doesn’t do a thing to change the “focus the necro” attitude. Reaper has all of the weaknesses of base necro, with the exception of decent stab uptime. It’s actually disappointing. Maybe once ANet fixes the power creep won’t matter so much, but attrition is a poor imitation of real sustain (blocks/invulns, etc.).

Seems like you don’t have a build that generates life force good enough. That’s the key to being a tanky beast knowing how to get and use that LF>

#MAGSWAG: All class player. XOXO

I won a 1v2 as reaper

in PvP

Posted by: Azure The Heartless.3261

Azure The Heartless.3261

The specialization is actually quite well balanced.

While some classes cant even 1v1 properly.

disgusting.

Resident Disgruntled, Coffee-drinking Charr.
Zarin Mistcloak(THF) Valkyrie Mistblade(WAR) Kossori Mistwalker(REV) Durendal Mistward(GRD)
I used to think (build op, pls nerf) like you, but then I took a nerf to the knee.

I won a 1v2 as reaper

in PvP

Salamander.2504

Seems like you don’t have a build that generates life force good enough. That’s the key to being a tanky beast knowing how to get and use that LF>

Na, that’s not it, unfortunately (I wish it were that simple). When there’s a target above your head in a mid fight as a necro, you have to be spiderman to survive.

I won a 1v2 as reaper

in PvP

Posted by: Cat Has Ducks.1982

Cat Has Ducks.1982

Na, that’s not it, unfortunately (I wish it were that simple). When there’s a target above your head in a mid fight as a necro, you have to be spiderman to survive.

So you are telling me when 4 guys focus you, it then becomes difficult for you to survive? <INSERT KEANU REEVES MEME HERE>

Lord Chuck I – Guardian
Chuck The Stampede – Engineer
[Lg] Agatha – Dragonbrand

I won a 1v2 as reaper

in PvP

Salamander.2504

So you are telling me when 4 guys focus you, it then becomes difficult for you to survive? <INSERT KEANU REEVES MEME HERE>

Relax dude, I’m just pointing out that reaper has all the same weaknesses as base necro. We can’t go invuln or block, we just have to eat it.

I won a 1v2 as reaper

in PvP

Cat Has Ducks.1982

Relax dude, I’m just pointing out that reaper has all the same weaknesses as base necro. We can’t go invuln or block, we just have to eat it.

Take that flesh wurm and tp out. You are now literally God.

Lord Chuck I – Guardian

I won a 1v2 as reaper

in PvP

Salamander.2504

Yeah I guess I’ll have to try it out again; it’s been awhile. I always miss that 3rd utility spot.

I won a 1v2 as reaper

in PvP

Cat Has Ducks.1982

Yeah I guess I’ll have to try it out again; it’s been awhile. I always miss that 3rd utility spot.

Im just being dumb. I don’t really recommend it. On maps like khylo it’s really handy to go to mid so quickly. Teams always focus necro in the first fight. It’s probably why Abjured usually sends nos home in the beginning. Best you can do it play it safe until you get that healthy life force and accept you are a high priority target that is death incarnate.

Lord Chuck I – Guardian

I won a 1v2 as reaper

in PvP

Posted by: Laraley.7695

Laraley.7695

I don’t think that’s the issue. If you’re playing condition reaper, you won’t be tanky anyways. Sure, you have more hp than thief or ele, but you can’t just stand on point and facetank everything. The issue to me seems like people are trying to play reaper like a bunker guard.

I won a 1v2 as reaper

in PvP

Posted by: Valdorian.2481

Valdorian.2481

I main Reaper. It is reasonably well balanced. It is one of the only classes that scales well in team fights and while outnumbered. I think that gives an impression that it is OP. 1v1 is actually harder than 1v2 most of the time.

This is because of the cleave mechanics that Reaper has over base Necro and the way Life Force works. In a 1v1 situation it is pretty easy to be starving for LF. In a team fight or 1v2 all the cleave you have in Reaper Shroud can make me feel like I’m never going to run out of LF. This is especially true against minion or pet builds. Cleaving down all minions from a minion master necro or downing a Ranger pet or mowing down all of an Engineer’s turrets or killing all mesmer illusions before they are shattered is really powerful and it feeds LF generation like crazy.

Reapers can probably do things that you can’t do on a good dueling class but they are surprisingly handicapped in duels.

Exactly this. As a reaper main who PvP’s and duels extensively, I can say that oftentimes fights against multiple opponents (or single opponents with minions/clones/etc.) are easier than fights against single opponents. This is because a single opponent can kite you, dodge your best attacks, and otherwise play to your weaknesses. In a group setting, this is rarely the case as the odds are that at least one of the opponents face-tanks your RS1, attacks you with spectral armor, or brings their own army of pets/minions for you to gain large amounts of RS off of.

Or in the OP’s case, two guards that probably fed the life force generation and allowed him to stay in RS long enough to cleave down the entire group of four. This could have easily been prevented by one of the human opponents simply taking a step back and engaging from range instead of standing in the AoE’s and cleaves.

(edited by Valdorian.2481)

I won a 1v2 as reaper

in PvP

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

The specialization is actually quite well balanced.

While some classes cant even 1v1 properly.

disgusting.

Those 4 door breakers were a vital part to his victory. Reaper sustain scales off of bodies hit and doorbreakers are nice bodies that don’t provide any DPS.

If it were just the two thieves, he probably would have lost rather decisively.

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

I won a 1v2 as reaper

in PvP

Ramoth.9064

Yes! Some people get it. If its any consolation I lost to a turret engineer in the same match. Truth be told I underestimated him when the fight started.

I won a 1v2 as reaper

in PvP

Posted by: Azure The Heartless.3261

Azure The Heartless.3261

Yes! Some people get it. If its any consolation I lost to a turret engineer in the same match. Truth be told I underestimated him when the fight started.

I’m more envious if anything, don’t take my remark as outright anger.

It’s irritating to know that a class can situationally 1v2 while thief has to avoid fights unless there’s a +1.

Resident Disgruntled, Coffee-drinking Charr.
Zarin Mistcloak(THF) Valkyrie Mistblade(WAR) Kossori Mistwalker(REV) Durendal Mistward(GRD)
I used to think (build op, pls nerf) like you, but then I took a nerf to the knee.

I won a 1v2 as reaper

in PvP

Posted by: Skyline Crash.6254

Skyline Crash.6254

This is ridiculous, anet seriously needs to nerf DH already.

I won a 1v2 as reaper

in PvP

Ramoth.9064

No I didn’t take it as outrage. I actually think people should try all classes and feel the balance from playing the class rather than versing them. You know, all that understanding the enemy stuff? I couldn’t give a kitten if reaper gets nerfed, its the developers choice and if I didn’t like how the reaper ends up I have a bunch of other characters to play.

The thing is, Reaper has a balanced set of skills, and you really need to work for your kills. If you are up against a reaper and you blow all your evades early on, well you have no one to blame but yourself for eating a CTTB to the face.