[Idea] Hero Battles

[Idea] Hero Battles

in PvP

Posted by: Zietlogik.6208

Zietlogik.6208

And first off, no…this is not the Hero Battles of GW1…but it does have some throwbacks. And interestingly enough, can be inspired a little bit by Stronghold, just hear me out.

Currently, we have basic MMO pvp, people play classes, they choose their skills, stats and weapons and run into the fray.

But what if we instead, had a more restricted or refined game mode which instead had us play as Heroes from Guild Wars lore, with their own custom skill set, stats and style.

This would be more akin to games which use presets to balance a set number of different variations. Think along the lines of the 21 heroes from Overwatch, the 131 Champions from League of Legends, the 9 classes from Team Fortress 2. etc. etc.

A gamemode in GW2 would would have 2 teams pit against eachother, using the Heroes of Guild Wars lore to choose their playstyle and capabilities, although with much less overall skills and abilities than a standard players character. I will use my Stronghold inspiration as an example.

If you chose:

• Turai Ossa, you would have a set of skills and stats that reflect a juggernaut/tank type of hero with team support skills and defense.
  • Nika, a melee range stealth character with combo spike damage, but be very squishy.
  • Grymm Svaard, would be an aggro bruiser dealing heavy CC and melee based attacks (similar to Rampage)
  • Tybalt Leftpaw, a ranged marksman who specializes in curing conditions through apple concoctions, and placing turrets.
  • Gadd, a mid range mage character that uses damage over time abilities and tethering mechanics to life leech and support teammates (or hurt them…think Blood Golem/Iron Maiden combo from Diablo 2)
  • Dougal Keane, a mobile hero that can run distraction tactics on enemy heroes by disarming and interrupting them with medium damage melee abilities.
  • Anton, a scout hero that can mark and debuff enemies from range while dealing condition based melee attacks when up close.
  • Olias, a necromancer who can strip boon and buffs from enemy heroes as well as raise a fallen ally to fight for a brief period of time.
  • Professor Gai, a mid range support hero who can buff a single allies damage, while placing area of effect spirits to buff their nearby party.
  • Argo, an offensive long range caster utilizing heavy damage fire abilities.

etc. etc. etc.

Basically it would give you a recognizable Hero, with unique sets of skills in a controlled environment.

Zietlogik [Warrior] Chronologix [Ranger] Ziet The Dreaded [Necromancer] Zietlogic [Revenant]

[Idea] Hero Battles

in PvP

Posted by: Darknicrofia.2604

Darknicrofia.2604

so basically you want polymock arena back?

Darknicrofia Sage – Bad Gerdian, Merciless Legend, Platinum NA Solo Que

[Idea] Hero Battles

in PvP

Posted by: warbignime.4610

warbignime.4610

So, basically like SMITE. I actually think this might work.

Some must fight so that all may be free.

[Idea] Hero Battles

in PvP

Posted by: Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

yes !!!

i support

this would eventually become like DOTA 2 / smite / overwatch etc but with guild wars 2 heroes.

[Idea] Hero Battles

in PvP

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

Give me Caithe so i can go perma stealth and spam backstabs non stop with teleports lel (anyone who has done LS knows what i mean).

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

[Idea] Hero Battles

in PvP

Posted by: Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

^ Cynz hahah yeah the heroes in living stories have pretty ridiculous abilities XD

btw, Zietlogik, maybe we can call this new game mode

“Heroes of the Mist”

XD

or would that make blizzard angry ?

[Idea] Hero Battles

in PvP

Posted by: Zietlogik.6208

Zietlogik.6208

^ Cynz hahah yeah the heroes in living stories have pretty ridiculous abilities XD

btw, Zietlogik, maybe we can call this new game mode

“Heroes of the Mist”

XD

or would that make blizzard angry ?

I doubt they would get angry, we have that as a title or something already don’t we? :P

And ya, as a new game mode ofc, it would be easier for them to balance, easier to jump in and play, and could easily allow the team to put in the proper hero backstories to characters from both GW1 and 2 to teach players about the lore, stories, scenarios etc. like fractals does a little bit.

Zietlogik [Warrior] Chronologix [Ranger] Ziet The Dreaded [Necromancer] Zietlogic [Revenant]

[Idea] Hero Battles

in PvP

Posted by: Tuomir.1830

Tuomir.1830

Costume Brawl, huh? Those were fun, so sure, I’ll throw favorable comment here for what it’s worth.

Only fools and heroes charge in without a plan.