Ideas for improving targeting

Ideas for improving targeting

in PvP

Posted by: tetrodoxin.2134

tetrodoxin.2134

First of all, I really like what Jon said in the SOTG about the improvements that are likely to be made concerning targeting. For everyone who didn’t watch it:
Tab through enemys will only show human players. No AI will be selected. Only exception are probably Mesmer clones, because that’s their defense mechanic. You can of course still click on AI and attack them.

In addition to that, here are some further improvements/ideas:

• Different shades of color for AI and players. Player enemys should have a dark shade of red, AI a light red (again, Mesmer clones excluded). Same for allies: Dark green/blue for players, lighter tone for AI.
  • Introduce hotkey that hides all AI nametags (kinda reverse to what we already have… I think it’s Ctrl?). There’s an option for that in the settings, but you can’t really change that in combat.
  • Multi tagging. Tagging an enemy is nice, tagging two enemies would even be better. “tag-button” will place red mark over enemy, Alt+"tag-button" will place blue mark over enemy. This will allow teams to coordinate even better! Tag important enemies while at the same time, warn them by marking incoming bursts.
  • Introduce tiny red arrow on the bottom of the screen that indicates if your target is behind you. Especially helpful when fighting against thieves/mesmers.
  • Improve cursor visibility. I don’t know if it’s just me, but sometimes when the screen is spammed with AoE/particle effects I seriously can’t find my cursor. Customize cursor size/color maybe?

Feel free to add your ideas/opinions!

Anet hates [your class], since [other classes] got buffs while [your class] only received nerfs.