Ideas to improve the map and UI

in PvP

Posted by: Lordrosicky.5813

Lordrosicky.5813

Alot of us cant be bothered with teamspeak (or solo queue) so I dont think we should be punished because the map and UI is awful. In a lot of other esports many teams can use the map or in game features to get around needing ts. I dont think you need ts in this game but it probably is a small advantage (some say big advantage).

Here are my ideas to improve in game communication without teamspeak, please provide your own ideas too:

1, Let players be seen on the map and in the team window however far away from you they are on the map.
2, Show enemy players who are visible to another of your players as a red dot on the map (most key change)
3, Put a number instead of a green dot as your players on the map. So player 1 in the team will be a green “1” and player 2 will be a green “2”
4, Add in game emotes – So people can call out that they need help or that everything is fine where they are.

Character: Henry rank million/Duke Henry
Necromancer/Casual Warrior
[Team] Best WvW guild of all time. EASILY.

in PvP

Posted by: Mithir.7460

Mithir.7460

i would prefer a class icon instead of the number

in PvP

Lordrosicky.5813

That would be pretty cool too

in PvP

Posted by: Rerroll.9083

Rerroll.9083

just use dots with each class colour

Everything described by op is 100% needed and should have been released with the game

Up Rerroll

(edited by Rerroll.9083)

in PvP

Posted by: Evan Lesh

Evan Lesh

PvP Gameplay Programmer

1, Let players be seen on the map and in the team window however far away from you they are on the map.
2, Show enemy players who are visible to another of your players as a red dot on the map (most key change)
3, Put a number instead of a green dot as your players on the map. So player 1 in the team will be a green “1” and player 2 will be a green “2”
4, Add in game emotes – So people can call out that they need help or that everything is fine where they are.

1) This will be addressed when spectator mode is released.
2) This would be very helpful, though I have some reserves on its potential correctness.
3) See below.
4) We’ve certainly brought this up before, but it hasn’t gotten traction yet.

We’re experimenting with this right now.

Bluxgore (80 Warr), Xilz (80 Necro), Ivo (80 Eng)
Bra (80 Guard), Fixie Bow (80 Ranger), Wcharr (80 Ele)
Xdragonshadowninjax (80 Thief)

in PvP

Posted by: Rerroll.9083

Rerroll.9083

2) This would be very helpful, though I have some reserves on its potential correctness.
3) See below.

Nice post! You could copy smite’s emote system:

- VC1 = “Be careful left!”
- VC2 = “Be careful middle!”
- VF3 = “Enemy missing right!”
- VRR = “Retreat!”
- VGN = “Nice job!”
theres a very long list

We could have generic emotes: “Deffend close point!” “Enemy incoming middle!”
and map specific emotes: “Enemy trebuchet shooting!” “Attack enemy guild lord!”

In smite it’s really useful and helps soloqueuers fight premades.

Up Rerroll

in PvP

Posted by: MarkPhilips.5169

MarkPhilips.5169

We could have generic emotes: “Deffend close point!” “Enemy incoming middle!”
and map specific emotes: “Enemy trebuchet shooting!” “Attack enemy guild lord!”

In smite it’s really useful and helps soloqueuers fight premades.

This.

I don’t like when people disappear from group and from map, a team mate needs to know always where are his allies and how is his life.

in PvP

Lordrosicky.5813

3) See below.

On number 2 I really think this is the key thing. There are no downsides to this that I can see?

Thanks for the feedback neway

in PvP

Posted by: JoopFOX.9510

JoopFOX.9510

These would be awesome additions, especially the Smite emote callout system or whatever you call it. I don’t have time to chat and type messages when I’m being attacked, but may have time to do the simple commands. In particular useful for solo queuers.

Professor James – Mesmer

in PvP

Posted by: Davinci.8027

Davinci.8027

I think something like what they have in smite with the emote system would do wonders for this game’s solo queu.

in PvP

Posted by: milo.6942

milo.6942

thanks for the update evan

see? i try not to be negative 100% of the time

in PvP

Posted by: milo.6942

milo.6942

I think something like what they have in smite with the emote system would do wonders for this game’s solo queu.

what solo queue…

you ruined it for me davinci, i was trying to be positive

in PvP

Posted by: Art.9367

Art.9367

Class color/icons showing on the map for your teammates would be awesome. As for enemies being shown on the map as red dots, I think I’d prefer the calling out enemy locations rather than having to stare at my mini-map as if we had a UAV drone flyin’ around. Emotes, though, could have a lot of potential for solo-queue games. Smite does an excellent job at providing the necessary quick communication emotes for those without third-party programs such as Skype.

On a side note, Evan, I think you’re quickly becoming this (PvP) forum’s favorite dev.
:)

in PvP

Posted by: Eccentric Duck.7510

Eccentric Duck.7510

Shazbot![VGS]

I love these ideas.

Salad engineer

in PvP

Posted by: Acandis.3250

Acandis.3250

I dunno about numbers but maybe the class symbols would be nice.
Like my engie teammate is at far point fighting the enemy ele would be Green Bomb (engie symbol) and Red Flame (ele symbol).

in PvP

Posted by: IDarko.4709

IDarko.4709

I think game emotes/commands would be extremely usefull in sPvP AND WvW. Maybe different systems for the different formats. Quick example:

X = open command panel. (press X or ESC to close for example).
- 1. Offense
- 2. Defensive
- 3. Other

Depending on what you choose, new options appear (maybe different per map). If you take offense for example.
- 1. Capture Bear!
- 2. Capture Wolf!
- 3. Capture Raven!
- 4. Go for the orb!

I have seen it work in other games. Counter Strike for example! I think it could work for a MMO as well. (Especially for WvW commanders tbh).

Add voice-acting for it as well and it would be AMAZING!

Dius Vanguard [DiVa]
Gandara – WvW Warrior