If Anet is Truly Concerned with Noobs...

in PvP

Posted by: SobeSoul.6910

SobeSoul.6910

Serious question since Anet has tried to implement noob friendly stuff in pve, why do bosses exist in pvp?

They truly are noob traps. Seen more thrown games because pre 350 lord rushes in Foefire and people who either die to Svanir or Chieftain or get them stolen constantly.

in PvP

Posted by: Acgsev.6931

Acgsev.6931

If there weren’t any obvious map mechanic-related throws like those you’d instead be noticing all the games that are thrown by pants-on-head rotations,

Forget it, Jake. It’s SoloQ.

in PvP

Posted by: MailMail.6534

MailMail.6534

Not to be shady, but what exactly is the point of your post? Are you suggesting that these elements be taken out of pvp?

Bosses are the least concern of making the game more “noob friendly”…

https://www.twitch.tv/thatcho
“The jealous are troublesome to others, but certainly a torment to themselves.”

in PvP

Posted by: Amir.1570

Amir.1570

It’s more of the fact that bosses in Niflhel make people rotate bad early in the game. Doesn’t help that you get que’d with people who don’t know that you only need one person to cap home early.

Zero infrastructure. Its been 3 years.

in PvP

Posted by: SobeSoul.6910

SobeSoul.6910

Not to be shady, but what exactly is the point of your post? Are you suggesting that these elements be taken out of pvp?

Anet should rethink these mechanics.

They’re fine for experienced players. However, with a small pvp community and no possible way of not being teamed with inexperienced players they become more of a troll mechanic that waste peoples’ time on teams with people who don’t understand why rushing the Lord in Foefire early in the game is really really bad.

You don’t necessarily have to remove them. Perhaps making the Foefire boss invulnerable until 350 points would be ideal to prevent this stuff.

I would rather have to worry about getting better mechanically on the class I am playing than having to worry someone with just throw the game from not understanding why their decision is so bad.

(edited by SobeSoul.6910)

in PvP

Posted by: MailMail.6534

MailMail.6534

I will have to respectfully disagree with you there. With Anets snail pace at correcting issues, I think this is low priority. Changing the way new players are introduced to pvp is a starting point. Not making a boss invul until 350…. If that’s the case, the boss might as well not even be there.

https://www.twitch.tv/thatcho
“The jealous are troublesome to others, but certainly a torment to themselves.”

in PvP

Posted by: Benjamin.8237

Benjamin.8237

Anet should rethink these mechanics.

They’re fine for experienced players. However, with a small pvp community and no possible way of not being teamed with inexperienced players they become more of a troll mechanic that waste peoples’ time on teams with people who don’t understand why rushing the Lord in Foefire early in the game is really really bad.

You don’t necessarily have to remove them. Perhaps making the Foefire boss invulnerable until 350 points would be ideal to prevent this stuff.

I would rather have to worry about getting better mechanically on the class I am playing than having to worry someone with just throw the game from not understanding why their decision is so bad.

Or you just attempt to tell those not to do that. If someone makes a mistake point it out to them. 9 times out of 10 they will get salty and block you, but then you know they’re awful anyway.

P R I N C E | Best Renger EU
You can find me in PvP | I normally answer PMs