If I come back...

If I come back...

in PvP

Posted by: Arikyali.5804

Arikyali.5804

I haven’t touched PvP since I came back to GW2. Partly because I’m a little worried about making a fool of myself…

I was very much into PvP before I left, and I really want to know – will I be matched with people of my skill level before my haitus, or will I (hopefully) get the opportunity to start fresh?

I wasn’t the best, but I like think I was decent enough. I just need time to relearn PvP again…I don’t want to drag down my team while doing so.

If I come back...

in PvP

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

you will be matched with people with your MMR if you join the ranked matches, unranked is supposed to pit players of equal skill against each other.

there is not reset button as it where, ads far as we know.

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

If I come back...

in PvP

Posted by: Arikyali.5804

Arikyali.5804

MMR? Remind me again, what does that stand for?

If I come back...

in PvP

Posted by: Fivedawgs.4267

Fivedawgs.4267

Match making rating. .. in balanced games like lol Dota; it’s used to match teams against oponents so that each has a 50% chance of winning or losing. Anet, on the other hand, uses it to favor one team over the other. Consequently, matches up like these:

Average MMR of team 1 : 100 vs 900 Average MMR of team 2

Are possible. And also, high MMR players are group together so that the low MMR team get stomped 20 ft below.

If I come back...

in PvP

Posted by: kdaddy.5431

kdaddy.5431

You should be fine, most people are out of amber. Should be probably heading into sapphire so if your coming back you should have some good games.

If I come back...

in PvP

Posted by: Velimere.7685

Velimere.7685

I was very much into PvP before I left, and I really want to know – will I be matched with people of my skill level before my haitus, or will I (hopefully) get the opportunity to start fresh?

If you haven’t played PvP in a while, MMR decay should have kicked in.

Anyone who says Zerk is the average Joe build is an average Joe.

If I come back...

in PvP

Posted by: Crimson Shi.5047

Crimson Shi.5047

You’ll be tossed in Amber along with the rest of the trash! Just kidding, you will be placed in amber which is akin to starting fresh, then can work your way up. May the odds be ever in your favor.