If there is a League Next season

in PvP

Posted by: StickerHappy.8052

StickerHappy.8052

Can we have any of these?

1.) Losing pips and tiers starting amber.

2.) MMR reset to 0 (New players should not be given Average MMR)

3.) Entry Level to leagues (Atleast 2500 games in pvp) to avoid terrible/ pve / smurfing oblivious players in pvp “Its called Leagues for a reason”

4.) Pugs Should not Face Preamdes

5.) Appropriate Sanctions should be Given to RQs / AFKERs..

6.) Make the Reward worth it for Hardcore PvP players.

7.) Make Divisions a good representation of Skill

AND

8.) Show our MMR, atleast if get blowout matches we know if we are just out played or plain suck.

9.) 5-5 Matchmaking not 5-6 or 5-7. Thats why we should see MMR. (i.e. Team A 2100 MMR vs Team B 2200 MMR)

10.) We should See MMR so we know if there is an existent matchmaking or atleast a working one.

Champion Illusionist Champion Hunter Champion Phantom Champion Magus

(edited by StickerHappy.8052)

in PvP

Posted by: Sharen Graves.1276

Sharen Graves.1276

1) yes please

2) Dont reset MMR. New players should start at the lowest MMR

3)2500 really? that’s a bit much but see your point

4)no solo Q. without it this is what we get.

5) will increase Que times and trolls.

6)legendary back piece not good enough

7)If they remove the cant lose tiers the division will show skill

8) agreed, individuals MMR, team average MMR, and parties need to be shown before the match starts.

9) repeat of 8

10) I don’t think they want us to have it because then we( the players) will have proof that somethings broken.

add my own here

11) remove the forced 50/50

in PvP

Posted by: Ross Biddle.2367

Ross Biddle.2367

You know Stickers, I’m only up to 2775 games in PvP, 1671 of those ranked, 725 custom arena (apparently, I presume from way back in the day when I logged into PvP with WvW friends to muck around or something), and 379 Unranked.

Guess I’m not qualified XD

in PvP

Posted by: bLind.6278

bLind.6278

8.) Show our MMR, atleast if get blowout matches we know if we are just out played or plain suck.

9.) 5-5 Matchmaking not 5-6 or 5-7. Thats why we should see MMR. (i.e. Team A 2100 MMR vs Team B 2200 MMR)

10.) We should See MMR so we know if there is an existent matchmaking or atleast a working one.

These are the three key points in my opinion. Beyond more balanced matchmaking, if the spread is significant, players should either not lose pips, or the average pip-per-game should be increased. IE: a win will normally give 3 pips in an even MMR match. If you beat someone significantly lower than you, you only receive 1 or 2 pips, and if you lose to someone better, you only lose 1 or 2 pips depending on spread.

The fact that you’re deliberately matched against players stronger or weaker than you, yet every game has the exact same reward is just dumb.

Honestly, the entire system needs to be rebuilt from the ground up. In ANY legitimate Elo/MMR system, the amount you win or lose should be weighted based on the skill of the player(s) you’re fighting. Since we can’t see our MMR (and it has no meaningful impact on our matches barring being high enough to get free wins from the laughable team-stacking algorithm,) it should impact our pips.

One foot out the door, yet again.

in PvP

Posted by: SolarDragon.7063

SolarDragon.7063

1) Sure, IF you also untie the rewards from divisions, and make division loss a thing.
2) Probably a good idea
3) Hell no 2500 is ridic, even 1000 is pushing it.
4) Disagree, what should happen is an MMR boost for additional team members though. Something like 5% per team member for 2, up to say 20% increase on MMR for every team member at 5
5) Yeah, an actual AFK detection system would be nice. That said, far more games are ruined by stacking of bad (and wilfuly ignorant) players than actual AFK’s.
6) Sure, but what do you actually mean?
7) YAAAAS
8) Eh, then you get MMR snobbery. I’m saying no here.
9) Not sure what you mean here. Do you mean having MMR that actually evens out teams instead of stacking?
10) Same as 8

Big things that I feel need to be stressed.
Make MMR equal division. Then divisions actually have prestige rather than “Oh, you’re legendary? Congrats on the 5-man stronghold queues.”
Uncouple backpack rewards from division, since the obvious intent is that everyone can get them, just accept that they’re PvE grind rewards.
Get rid of the stupid team stacking algorithm.

in PvP

Posted by: Fade to Black.7042

Fade to Black.7042

1- Good idea if only the achievement from legendary and rewards is disabled. Vary bad idea to do so if the achievements and the Elite specialization crossing divisions is still there.
2- Please, this season is hell
3-2500 is ridiculous, alsodon’t like the idea
4- increased MMR per team member and full groups only fighting full groups.
5- Ranked AFK severely punished
6-Dont agree with ultra reward, pve and wvw doesnt have that good why should PvP… have…
7-With the removal of achievements and legendary item tied to divisions crossings and actual pip, tier and division losses this will be something automatic
8-Don’t see the point of showing mmr but w/e, you’ll automatically know if your team suck.
9-Even match making, why you need to see it? don’t you trust the system?
10-OMG why you keep needing to see the mmr, stop it.

in PvP

Posted by: Lord Hammer Hand.4815

Lord Hammer Hand.4815

all i read is longer Qs for everyone… all this is not good because Spvp has bigger problem, and that is small player base.

Pacific Islander Legion [NoyP]
Black Gate
Ruthless Legend

in PvP

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

The only thing I read here was how to put the final nail in the PvP coffin and drop participation to 0.

in PvP

Posted by: Jaxom.7310

Jaxom.7310

3.) Entry Level to leagues (Atleast 2500 games in pvp) to avoid terrible/ pve / smurfing oblivious players in pvp “Its called Leagues for a reason”

AND

as some1 who is 100% un able to represent/speak for anet, let me speak for anet by giving you 100% the correct answer’s anet would provide:

1) no, there must be some ability for people to safety net

2) we could, but won’t.

3) no, because this is just dumb. we already have a r20 restrictions. 2500 matches is a lot, and most players don’t have this many matches

4) we already block 5 v 1+1+1+1+1, so we are doing this best we can. <1% of matches are even 4+1 v 1+1+1+1+1

5) if u report botting, and a players has a history, we will git him (not really but this is our answer)

6) we have tourney’s w/ monies + llamas + legendary backpiece + that heroic glorious armours + reward tracks, so we already have you covered

7) we try, but failed. we’ll do better next season

8) no, but we already tell u the matchmaking algo every season moar or less.

9) ? we do not understand this ?/. . see a (8)

10) again (8)

in PvP

Posted by: Saiyan.1704

Saiyan.1704

A couple key things here op,

1. You probably just introduced a whole new level of “MMR Hell” for players who are already struggling.

2. You essentially killed the casual base of the game aka 70% of the pvp population because these players wont reach past Sapphire.

3. The above will cause a domino effect, resulting in poor matchmaking, higher forum complaints from casuals, etc.

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

in PvP

StickerHappy.8052

A couple key things here op,

1. You probably just introduced a whole new level of “MMR Hell” for players who are already struggling.

2. You essentially killed the casual base of the game aka 70% of the pvp population because these players wont reach past Sapphire.

3. The above will cause a domino effect, resulting in poor matchmaking, higher forum complaints from casuals, etc.

1.) why would there be MMR hell is the matches are 50/50?

2.) Agree to some extent but so are you saying that majority population just suck if the players cant reach past sapphire?

3.) The leagues should be a real league, if you are casual why would you expect to win a league? its like saying You wanna play in the NBA but you are just a casual basketball player.

I do not want to sound elitist but as it stands now the leagues is just unranked with rewards and grinding.

Also Baddies will be baddies, no matter what you do the complaining will not stop.

in PvP

Posted by: R O C.6574

R O C.6574

Why would anyone not want to know what their MMR is? I’m not really concerned about arrogant players hating on my lesser MMR, and it would be nice to see how the matches affect my MMR and also see what the MMR of my teammates is vs the MMR of who i’m playing against.

in PvP

StickerHappy.8052

Why would anyone not want to know what their MMR is? I’m not really concerned about arrogant players hating on my lesser MMR, and it would be nice to see how the matches affect my MMR and also see what the MMR of my teammates is vs the MMR of who i’m playing against.

Exactly. Only insecure people would not want to see their MMR. Other games do it. If you see your MMR, you will see the matchups you will get, therefore you will have a proof that matchmaking is in fact working.

now if you lose to 1500 vs 1500 MMR by a blowout then you know somethings wrong with your team and not blame it on the Matchmaking.

in PvP

Posted by: Mr Godlike.6098

Mr Godlike.6098

AND

1.Nothing will change

2. Can’t say what it will improve

3. 2500 kinda to high, it only makes longer queues (less players -long queues).

4. Agree but it means that teams will hardly fight anything – mmr would take hours to find anybody on fair skill level.

5. Agree but I don’t know how arena could treat players who legit disconnected.

6. Most hardcore players don’t care about legendary back – they want fact that if you are in legendary division it means that your skill is legendary to other players and they are better then rest. You know → something to feed their sky scrapper ego’s.

7. It’s mmr problem and mmr problem is that it tries to measure something that very subjective and more team based then individual skill – carring matches is myth.

8. MRR never should showed before match – we already know that much of community (I don’t talk about forums) is toxic and immature and we can’t expect that they will use in with good will. Might better idea to show it after match.

9.I wonder what happen if there wasn’t any mmr and only premades in leagues.

10. See 8

Was depressed ele…now depressed druid
Kawaleria (KW)

in PvP

Posted by: XGhoul.7426

XGhoul.7426

1-10: How to kill the remaining casuals that pvp.

Some thoughts: If you introduce a blank slate mmr it would not be extremely volatile the first few weeks because you would have on an extreme situation very experienced players playing with -not so- experienced players and have players similarly rise up (think of season 1) who don’t deserve to be at that division.

I’m pretty sure the reason why they don’t show MMR is hidden behind purely bad optimization on their back end, people were asking for this almost 3 years ago and the best response I got from a dev through private messaging was "I don’t recall why we don’t show MMR, but the algorithm is fairly difficult to understand. I’m sure I don’t even fully understand it, and I’m still working on that. " -2 years ago and since then the dev left Anet.

in PvP

Posted by: R O C.6574

R O C.6574

Some thoughts: If you introduce a blank slate mmr it would not be extremely volatile the first few weeks because you would have on an extreme situation very experienced players playing with -not so- experienced players and have players similarly rise up (think of season 1) who don’t deserve to be at that division.

I’m pretty sure the reason why they don’t show MMR is hidden behind purely bad optimization on their back end, people were asking for this almost 3 years ago and the best response I got from a dev through private messaging was "I don’t recall why we don’t show MMR, but the algorithm is fairly difficult to understand. I’m sure I don’t even fully understand it, and I’m still working on that. " -2 years ago and since then the dev left Anet.

I feel the positives far outweigh the negatives on showing MMR ratings. It would neutralize a lot of complaining or validate it, depending on what the MMR shows.

in PvP

Posted by: mrauls.6519

mrauls.6519

We don’t have a big enough playerbase xD

Mes (Guardian)
I make PvP & WvW videos

in PvP

Posted by: Ubik.8315

Ubik.8315

2500 games? Are you off your rocker?

Look at the statistics from GW2efficiency.

Only a very small percentage of players have 2500 games.

Attachments:

in PvP

Posted by: Mr Godlike.6098

Mr Godlike.6098

I feel the positives far outweigh the negatives on showing MMR ratings. It would neutralize a lot of complaining or validate it, depending on what the MMR shows.

When I think about mmr showing and I think of days of old leaderboard. It was based purely on mmr and at start season 1 I could check it every day to see how I progressed with my skill and compare it to my friends or guild mates. Devs scraped it because they told back then that legendary in game lader will be better to show skill. Today every division rank is too arguable to show how you improve or not.

Was depressed ele…now depressed druid
Kawaleria (KW)

in PvP

Posted by: JTGuevara.9018

JTGuevara.9018

NOPE. Not interested.

My good will towards pvp and leagues has COMPLETELY vanished. I gave them 3 chances hoping they would be somewhat workable…but they failed…miserably.

I’m done with that nonsense.