If you could get the wings from unranked.

in PvP

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

Would you even play ranked? I don’t think I would. If they did an unranked league that the focus was only on gaining the wings, with with no title or legendary division, would you play it over ranked?

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

in PvP

Posted by: Pyriall.1683

Pyriall.1683

Why should you have to work for them? At this point they should give them to you right? That’s pretty much what you’re asking.

in PvP

BrotherBelial.3094

Why should you have to work for them? At this point they should give them to you right? That’s pretty much what you’re asking.

No that’s not what I’m asking. Currently people are finding unranked matches way more fun than the league. So if you could make progress to gaining them with a league type system that went as high as say ruby. For people who are not of the competitive mind set could work towards getting them with out “messing” with the ranked players MMR. We could keep the league format as it is, but for those who care, they can play ranked, get there diamond and legend badges, and everything else that they get from playing ranked. Then the unranked crowd can slowly earn there wings at a slower pace than ranked.

Casual/average players have fun games. The “pros” don’t have to worry about “PvE scrubs” spoiling there ranked matches.

ANet get there ESports league, and the people who just play for fun and don’t really care where they are in the pecking order are happy too. I don’t see a bad side to this. If your good at pvp you get the wings quicker than others, just as it is now. But with an unranked way of working towards them, people feel they are making progress, even if it is time gated progress. They still get there shinnys, just a lot longer than the ranked players.

Do you really think this would be a bad idea?

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|

in PvP

Posted by: tichorum.2415

tichorum.2415

To avoid Skyhammer and Spirit Watch? Of course.

Former PvP commentator for ESL & Arenanet.

I used to run the Academy Gaming tournaments for GW2.

in PvP

Posted by: jessiestiles.9437

jessiestiles.9437

No probably not. And that’s not my fault. There’s really only one way to play soloq ranked: go to mid and try out muscle the other team. That got kitten boring the first day in season 1.

in PvP

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

Lol, I can only imagine what that would do to queue times in ranked. As it is, some people whine when they have to wait 5 minutes for ruby. We’ve had complaints of hour long waits at legend, which has actually led to several legend ranked players to either a) level alt accounts or b) just queue unranked anyway.

Reducing the pool even further would just make ranked laughable. Ranked needs to have some “shiny” reward to work towards because, let’s face it, we ain’t playing for the “enjoyment” of it by this point. If we were playing for enjoyment and decent match ups, we’d be queuing unranked.

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

in PvP

Posted by: Pure Heart.1456

Pure Heart.1456

Wings and I’m outa here, back to PvE and WvW.

in PvP

Posted by: Pyriall.1683

Pyriall.1683

No that’s not what I’m asking. Currently people are finding unranked matches way more fun than the league. So if you could make progress to gaining them with a league type system that went as high as say ruby. For people who are not of the competitive mind set could work towards getting them with out “messing” with the ranked players MMR. We could keep the league format as it is, but for those who care, they can play ranked, get there diamond and legend badges, and everything else that they get from playing ranked. Then the unranked crowd can slowly earn there wings at a slower pace than ranked.

Casual/average players have fun games. The “pros” don’t have to worry about “PvE scrubs” spoiling there ranked matches.

ANet get there ESports league, and the people who just play for fun and don’t really care where they are in the pecking order are happy too. I don’t see a bad side to this. If your good at pvp you get the wings quicker than others, just as it is now. But with an unranked way of working towards them, people feel they are making progress, even if it is time gated progress. They still get there shinnys, just a lot longer than the ranked players.

It’s fun, because it isn’t competitive and you can run what builds you want. You make it reward what others earned through ranked and that becomes the new area where builds/rotations matter. You’re not doing what you hope to accomplish.

in PvP

BrotherBelial.3094

It’s fun, because it isn’t competitive and you can run what builds you want. You make it reward what others earned through ranked and that becomes the new area where builds/rotations matter. You’re not doing what you hope to accomplish.

Really? I don’t see how. At the moment you can grind to ruby. It’s just a lot less fun. Now if you could grind out the tickets as high as ruby only in unranked, then how would that harm anyone? Like I said, unranked get there wings at a very slow rate vs ranked folks. So there is a reason and incentive to play ranked if you feel you are good enough. But if you are average at best. Then you can get what you want. Just a much longer road.

in PvP

Posted by: foogison.5067

foogison.5067

Sorry OP, 100% agree with Pyriall

in PvP

Posted by: Kessi.3461

Kessi.3461

That would be really nice. I 4 once would completely ignore ranked and just have fun in unranked.

ANET pls conside it. Its no fun playing ranked for the bad or average player and no fun for the pros stomping noobs.

You can keep your league system and your titles – I just want the wings otherwise I wouldnt join ranked at all.

in PvP

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

I always played ranked, even when there were no rewards in pvp (besides lol dyes and pvp skins). I have legendary wings, i am still doing ranked. It still has better matchmaking and there is no skyhammer.

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

in PvP

Posted by: Random Weird Guy.3528

Random Weird Guy.3528

I don’t know how you can say that everyone finds unranked more fun than ranked when after last season everyone was moaning on forums that they were being forced to play unranked because there was no ranked.

Random Engineering // Trixxti // Random Noises (worst thief eu)
Svanir Appreciation Society [SAS]

in PvP

Posted by: Tenebria.7239

Tenebria.7239

No skyhammer, no spirit watch, only rarely getting the kitten treb map, standard models…….. I think I’d stay in ranked……

in PvP

Posted by: Kessi.3461

Kessi.3461

Well, its about having a choice…. the competitive system or the casual system (only to a certain degree aka ruby).

So everybody could choose the more fun enviroment win/ win situation.

in PvP

BrotherBelial.3094

Well, its about having a choice…. the competitive system or the casual system (only to a certain degree aka ruby).

So everybody could choose the more fun enviroment win/ win situation.

Nice to see someone is getting where I’m coming from.

in PvP

Posted by: Mightybird.6034

Mightybird.6034

wvw still exists?!

in PvP

Posted by: Random Weird Guy.3528

Random Weird Guy.3528

You mean PvE and PvE?

Attachments:

Random Engineering // Trixxti // Random Noises (worst thief eu)
Svanir Appreciation Society [SAS]

in PvP

Posted by: Drakz.7051

Drakz.7051

The wings should be a timed reward track, but the 4th tier should just be a skin not an actual backpack and that should be only available from ranked.

Alot of people want the wings and that is it, some got carried in s1 and think they must have been good and are trying again but getting stuck in Emerald. The wings where supposed to be a sign of your overall skill in pvp but because s1 got abuse most people who have it are actually terrible pvpers so now the wings just seem like a joke.

But if that was the case there would not be enough people doing ranked but it would mean only good pvpers and the occasional person testing to see if they can handle it would play it.

Also the community has become more toxic with people getting constant losses because of bad matchmaking system and people who get wins all the time because they won the first 1 – 2 games basically call them trash and tell them to quit.

My advice is get the wings and quit ranked or just do not bother at all unless you intend to hit the top tiers and have a team to do it with.

in PvP

Posted by: Haleydawn.3764

Haleydawn.3764

This all over. Shame Temple is still in ranked, really do not like that map/mechanic.

I actually prefer ranked over unranked. I like the competition, and even on losses I try to figure out what I could do better next time.

Kitten.

in PvP

Posted by: Crystal Black.8190

Crystal Black.8190

I guess it would be much better if the backpack would just be a skin, actually all legendarys should just be a skin and the legendary function should be a standard quality of life feature.

in PvP

BrotherBelial.3094

The wings should be a timed reward track, but the 4th tier should just be a skin not an actual backpack and that should be only available from ranked.

Alot of people want the wings and that is it, some got carried in s1 and think they must have been good and are trying again but getting stuck in Emerald. The wings where supposed to be a sign of your overall skill in pvp but because s1 got abuse most people who have it are actually terrible pvpers so now the wings just seem like a joke.

But if that was the case there would not be enough people doing ranked but it would mean only good pvpers and the occasional person testing to see if they can handle it would play it.

Also the community has become more toxic with people getting constant losses because of bad matchmaking system and people who get wins all the time because they won the first 1 - 2 games basically call them trash and tell them to quit.

My advice is get the wings and quit ranked or just do not bother at all unless you intend to hit the top tiers and have a team to do it with.

You talk about people being toxic then that last paragraph makes you sound like one of them.

in PvP

Posted by: Ohoni.6057

Ohoni.6057

I would play almost any aspect of the game rather than ranked PvP, although unranked would be little better if it followed the same conditions.

I stand by my philosophy that they should have locked the Recruit’s Wings of Glory exactly as it is now, but that all other ingredients needed to form The Ascension should have alternate ways of earning them in other game types, so that if you really dislike PvP, then all you have to do is get to Emerald once, and you’re free to go.

“If you spent as much time working on [some task] as
you spend complaining about it on the forums, you’d be
done by now.”

in PvP

Posted by: Sarrs.4831

Sarrs.4831

I’d probably still play ranked. It’s free transmute charges and money until you hit Ruby, at any rate.

Ooo, that’s a good point.

Nalhadia – Kaineng

in PvP

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

THIS!

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

in PvP

Posted by: Drakz.7051

Drakz.7051

Except I didn’t just tell people to not try at all or get good. Even legendary people are having our problem of losing more than they win with the added issue of wait 30+ minutes for games so they make alt accounts abd push more people down so they have something to do which fills the higher tiers with many alts and then people wounder why they have to wait so long.

This season is a flop and Anet knows about some of the exploitable issues but have not dealt with them.

Unranked is far more evenly matched so if you just want to take part in pvp not especially ranked then go for unranked xD

Can’t wait until they do the overhaul for wvw and hope people return to it ????

in PvP

Posted by: FOX.3582

FOX.3582

Man people like you are useless… -.-

What does the FOX say¿!