If you're good you can carry any team...

in PvP

Posted by: blackysharky.7581

blackysharky.7581

Well, I don’t know where, but I’ve heard that somewhere the past few weeks. But well, as it seems, you can’t carry every team doesn’t matter how bad or good they are’, especially if you, the carrier, plays warrior.

The matchmaking is real.

Attachments:

Sir Masao
Warrior
Elonas Reach [EU]

(edited by blackysharky.7581)

in PvP

Posted by: Agemnon.4608

Agemnon.4608

What makes you think you didn’t commit any mistakes? Do not let pride serve as a barrier to your growth as a player, and be water.

in PvP

Posted by: SailorSpira.9371

SailorSpira.9371

I think the OP is making a point about match making. That as the only Ruby against 4 Rubies the game seems to think he can lift the other sapphires and Emerald to his level.

FA [CC]

in PvP

Posted by: Saiyan.1704

Saiyan.1704

The irony here is that every other competent class carries the warrior. Yet, this post suggests the warrior did better than the individual players on his team.

All I can imagine is the warrior peeling away from team fights, staying off nodes and attempting decaps and 1v1s. That’s my first impression, anywho.

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

in PvP

Posted by: mildsoss.9867

mildsoss.9867

wtf why is there an emerald on that team? Thats like throwing a silver against a platinum is league of legends. This matchmaking is terrible.

in PvP

Posted by: zxstanyxz.8769

zxstanyxz.8769

wtf why is there an emerald on that team? Thats like throwing a silver against a platinum is league of legends. This matchmaking is terrible.

beecause they’re partied with a saphire, and only the highest member of a party’s position/mmr is taken into account during match making

tas there’s no way to know how many pips in ruby/saphire everyone has this may have been a match that was actually very closely matched… with the unfortuante side effect of having a warrior on one team

in PvP

Posted by: nativity.3057

nativity.3057

beecause they’re partied with a saphire, and only the highest member of a party’s position/mmr is taken into account during match making

tas there’s no way to know how many pips in ruby/saphire everyone has this may have been a match that was actually very closely matched… with the unfortuante side effect of having a warrior on one team

league doesn’t allow plat players to play with silver players, only one division away.

i think anet should implement this as well.

in PvP

Posted by: eva lin mcdowl.3978

eva lin mcdowl.3978

I’ve played sever matches in Ruby today with emeralds showing up on my team for solo q

in PvP

Posted by: Cosbuster.4379

Cosbuster.4379

The whole notion of “carrying” is taken way out of proportion. Sure, you can to some extend but if people really feel like being stupid, there’s not much you can do unless you can be at 2 places at once and 1v4.

in PvP

Posted by: Arkvan.3561

Arkvan.3561

I think carrying in itself is something you can’t really do in this game. Yes, if you’re a solid player you can support your team and work towards a victory, but let’s be honest here: you’re 20% of your team and you can only be in one place at a time (exceptions made for portal mesmers & pre-nerf turret engies). Team up one amazing player with 4 scrubs that don’t stomp correctly, he’s still going to lose. Unless, of course, the opponents are even worse…

TL;DR: a good player can help carry, but can never carry alone

No one hears you.

in PvP

Posted by: Shylock.4653

Shylock.4653

Of course you can’t carry your team to a win in every situation. But many people claim that they are getting matched with teammates and enemies that are way below their skill level. If that’s true and you are a much better player as your enemies you can have big impact in the game if you put in effort and carry your team. These impact may not always be enough to win but it increases your changes to win enormous.

in PvP

Posted by: Jourdelune.7456

Jourdelune.7456

Completely Wrong.

I know many emerald players that didn’t played too much and are better than some Legendary players that simply grind games.

The matchmaking is terrible because DIVISION is not showing skills but how much game you played.

Dal Aï Lhama (Tempest), Dal Lahu Akbar (DH), Lord Dhal of Dharma (Scrapper) 12k+ spvp games.
Former Team Captain of ggwp (ESL weekly), GLHF (AG), MIST[CORE] spvp alliance guild.
https://www.reddit.com/r/GuildWars2PvPTeams/

in PvP

Posted by: brannigan.9831

brannigan.9831

Carrying is a myth and you shouldn’t listen to myths. I’ve beaten teams with 1 or 2 of the best in the world on it with no full groups on my side and I consider myself pretty average because they got stuck with more eggplants.

in PvP

Jourdelune.7456

The whole notion of “carrying” is taken way out of proportion. Sure, you can to some extend but if people really feel like being stupid, there’s not much you can do unless you can be at 2 places at once and 1v4.

This is because of Lord BS Helseth that can’t use TWO Low MMR account in Diamond Division to show his point.

He is so notoriously “big bang ego” that he created MYTH without using FACTS. He said he can carry any low MMR with his second account… but who will say this is a really bad MMR players and his own second account got a really bad MMR?

Actually, all new account are medium MMR. And LORD BS HELSETH can’t drop his MMR (he is so good)… so his second account are at worse better than average.

And thief or mesmer can carry games if they fights on side points and win their fights.

Proof:
https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/49vr6w/pvp_looking_for_any_random_pvper_who_claims_to_be/

Dal Aï Lhama (Tempest), Dal Lahu Akbar (DH), Lord Dhal of Dharma (Scrapper) 12k+ spvp games.
Former Team Captain of ggwp (ESL weekly), GLHF (AG), MIST[CORE] spvp alliance guild.

in PvP

Posted by: foogison.5067

foogison.5067

Well, I don’t know where, but I’ve heard that somewhere the past few weeks. But well, as it seems, you can’t carry every team doesn’t matter how bad or good they are’, especially if you, the carrier, plays warrior.

The matchmaking is real.

The real issue here is the issue of allowing two/three man teams. That emerald on your team is treated the same as the player in sapphire because of the grouping system, therefore all of your teammates should be treated as sapphire players.

Being that you are only in Ruby T1, the 5 pip spread means that you can be paired with players 5 pips above or below you. Since you are being paired with sapphire players this means that you have a low MMR.

There’s nothing wrong with this match. You didn’t carry the team. If not better you are just as good as the other players on your team.

The only thing I agree with here is the fact that the emerald player gets treated the same as his friend in sapphire. You can’t justify saying you had to carry the whole team but you can justify saying you carried that emerald player.

in PvP

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

The matchmaking is real.

And ANet wonder why people in Pvp are so angry………….

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

in PvP

Posted by: Sirbeaumerdier.3740

Sirbeaumerdier.3740

This is because of Lord BS Helseth that can’t use TWO Low MMR account in Diamond Division to show his point.

He is so notoriously “big bang ego” that he created MYTH without using FACTS. He said he can carry any low MMR with his second account… but who will say this is a really bad MMR players and his own second account got a really bad MMR?

Actually, all new account are medium MMR. And LORD BS HELSETH can’t drop his MMR (he is so good)… so his second account are at worse better than average.

And thief or mesmer can carry games if they fights on side points and win their fights.

Proof:
https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/49vr6w/pvp_looking_for_any_random_pvper_who_claims_to_be/

Thanks for that link.

Sadly, the only viable experiment would be if his majesty Lord Helseth would take a known average or preferably low MMR account and play instead of that person. If ANET want my explicit and legal permission I entirely gave Helseth the permission to play my account as a soloq player to record how he won, or not, his way to diamond (I’m back to Ruby T1 yay!)

That way he would be fed the same conditions as those who report the problem, not different conditions. The idea is, the skill of his majesty would be the only variable to change in the equation and we could measure the degree of success over the course of X matches (his way to diamond in my case) as being “skill based” or “team carrying ability”.

I’m not too full of myself to fear being ridicule by his majesty so in anyway I think it would be fun to watch one way or the other and also quite instructive (both ways). But the experiment he propose is just not the same and would prove jack kitten.

It’s up to you now ANET…

in PvP

Posted by: Mightybird.6034

Mightybird.6034

You might have carried, or that emerald might have carried you. SS proves nothing.

That you think there is such a gap between saphire and ruby… And that emerald could have been a legendary on his alt account for all we know.

Anyone can grind to ruby with enough games. There is literally no difference between emerald, ruby, or saphire.

in PvP

Posted by: Dahkeus.8243

Dahkeus.8243

I like how the OP assumes that they know exactly how their skill compares to 9 other people that they’ve probably never interacted with outside of that one game.

Oh PvP forums…you never cease to amuse me…

in PvP

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

came in expecting op to point to personal score to show his superiority

op disappointed

in fact, op is so disappointing that i dont even

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

in PvP

Posted by: Agemnon.4608

Agemnon.4608

Considering the fact that he was against four rubies and a sapphire and had mostly sapphire and an emerald on his team I’d say he did really good to only lose by 20 points. As the sole ruby on his team he likely was carrying somewhat.

in PvP

Posted by: Sekai.2987

Sekai.2987

at least play condi war..

in PvP

Posted by: Yasi.9065

Yasi.9065

Considering the fact that he was against four rubies and a sapphire and had mostly sapphire and an emerald on his team I’d say he did really good to only lose by 20 points. As the sole ruby on his team he likely was carrying somewhat.

And what exactly does he get for that?

Best case, the enemy team was a lot higher in mmr than him and so he wont get downadjusted by a lot.

Worst case, the enemy team was only slightly higher in mmr or even below, and his mmr will get downadjusted by a lot.

If you get a handful of such matches in a row, your ticket to ruby hell is guaranteed and without a mmr reset you will need A LOT of good matches to make up for that. But you cant, because your teammates get worse and worse → unrecoverable.

in PvP

Posted by: MithranArkanere.8957

MithranArkanere.8957

Tell that to the two schmuck without armor that I keep getting in every match that run to the enemy to get killed in 3 hits.

SUGGEST-A-TRON says:
PAY—ONCE—UNLOCKS—ARE—ALWAYS—BETTER.
No exceptions!

in PvP

Posted by: Lutto.8745

Lutto.8745

I think carrying in itself is something you can’t really do in this game. Yes, if you’re a solid player you can support your team and work towards a victory,

You are wrong.

Good players can carry alot of games in this game, some with ease and some might be harder and a few is impossible.

Member of [SoZ] GM of mEIGHT [mEJT]
S1/S2 Legend Engineer @ Gandara EU.

in PvP

Posted by: DaShi.1368

DaShi.1368

But a single really bad player can tank a team. The new thing I’ve seen them do now is to look at our team, look at the enemy team comp, and then switch to a class that the enemy team counters.

in PvP

Posted by: Sirbeaumerdier.3740

Sirbeaumerdier.3740

But a single really bad player can tank a team. The new thing I’ve seen them do now is to look at our team, look at the enemy team comp, and then switch to a class that the enemy team counters.

Yeah, this is the thing. If you believe in the power of one player being able to carry all his team you also have to agree one player also has the power to sunk all his team. There are parameters within which carrying will be more or less possible but past some point I don’t care who you are, nobody is THAT good.

in PvP

Posted by: Lexander.4579

Lexander.4579

The matchmaking is real.

just by taking a glance at the screenshot and seeing your healing skill and utility abilities is enough for me to say that you didnt deserve to win

Alex Shadowdagger – Thief – Blacktide

in PvP

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

Yeah, this is the thing. If you believe in the power of one player being able to carry all his team you also have to agree one player also has the power to sunk all his team. There are parameters within which carrying will be more or less possible but past some point I don’t care who you are, nobody is THAT good.

QFT. I do love how people seem to think, that anyone can get good and carry. never going to happen. Ever.

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

in PvP

Posted by: TPMN.1483

TPMN.1483

You cant carry ‘any’ team.
If its always 4v5 – and someone just sits AFK or bunks home 24×7 in a match – the other 4 gods vs 5 gods will win.

Its plain facts.

[MYTH] The Mythical Dragons -PvX http://mythdragons.enjin.com

in PvP

Posted by: Fade to Black.7042

Fade to Black.7042

You cn carry if the oppose team is sleeping in game….seriously

in PvP

Posted by: Dahkeus.8243

Dahkeus.8243

Carry every team? No. Carry enough teams to get a high raking? Yes. And it’s been done.

in PvP

Jourdelune.7456

Carry every team? No. Carry enough teams to get a high raking? Yes. And it’s been done.

Yeah, it’s easier than ever now with the MMR of your team versus anyone.

There was a popular meme in 2014. You can carry one bad or new player into a team, you can go to two if you play versus bad players… but never 3.

So, 1 strong carry will balance 1 strong low skill player. If you have 3 low skill player, you loose even if you are named Chaith. And I have farmed enough Top players doing duo or trio queue, to give Challenger RANK to 30 or more people into MISTCORE. (need 10 wins versus known top 100 players)

Namely, even if you are not considered into the top 100, you still can win 300 games versus some of them.

It’s completely different when you face a PREMADE of top players… Any combo of players from the PRO league will beat any TEAM with Helseth or JAVA into it trying to show he can carry low mmr players into Legendary.