Im r58 and i DONT want to be a dragon #edit

in PvP

Posted by: Flumek.9043

Flumek.9043

Same thread as someone already, ranks were left to give estimate of skill/time invested. Now its like fairy tail, dragons everywhere…

I think the pvp comunity would honor it if were r70, okay maybe r65 cz its casualNet, But r55 totaly DEVALUES the achievemnt.

EVERYONE from pve will bring theyre legendary over to zergjoin, and everyone will be a dragon…. WHATS LEFT TO GO FOR ?

P.S.
Theres lots of gold stuff, stuff id pay 100e for, like 4x builds (dhuumfire, HamBow, Decap Clown, Pistol whip) getting brought down, and the reawrds and quality of life changes… Just writing to maybe shift the dragon rank numbers higher

Edit:
Took some thought and as lots of you suggested, the rank should bring more poeple into pvp. If it does, the change is great. Rank dragon will be changed from a long-term hardcore achievement to a “bait for core and other normal to do pvp”, while the real hardcore goal will be a good placement on leaderboards (with seasons rewards and a bigger playerbase). ill add a “maybe” , just gotta understand that is purpously devalueing the “rank thing” in order to get a bigger playerbase.

PvP guild [YUM] -apply- (EU) http://muffinspvp.shivtr.com/

(edited by Flumek.9043)

in PvP

Posted by: Locuz.2651

Locuz.2651

I was actually expecting/hoping for new ranks and finishers. :x

in PvP

Posted by: Flumek.9043

Flumek.9043

Thats basicaly adding a r90, r100, 110… Its great idea, but it would require them to do more work and they only make finishers for the gem store

Maybe monthly/season tourny with special finishers?

PvP guild [YUM] -apply- (EU) http://muffinspvp.shivtr.com/

in PvP

Posted by: JuThai.7941

JuThai.7941

I’m with you Flumek. Don’t want the dragon rank yet. It’s just an insult to those who played legit for their ranks.
I like the idea of doing tourny’s for special finishers. They could introduce a special PvP reward track for this, rewarding a finisher at the end you could only get by winning tourny’s.

in PvP

Posted by: bhagwad.4281

bhagwad.4281

This is one of the worst moves I’ve ever seen. I don’t understand it. Do they not value the hard work that those who have reached r70+ have put in to feel special? Now they’re saying that people like me who’re just mid 55+ will be the same as them?

It’s like having your entire savings for the past year thrown into the garbage.

in PvP

Posted by: sendmark.4731

sendmark.4731

It’s a great move. Dragon rank should take a lot of playing, which it still will do, however it should be achievable for more than just no-lifers.

Ultimately grinding take no real skill or brain, so it should never be seen as a huge accoldate or reserved for a small number of players.

in PvP

bhagwad.4281

It’s a great move. Dragon rank should take a lot of playing, which it still will do, however it should be achievable for more than just no-lifers.

Ultimately grinding take no real skill or brain, so it should never be seen as a huge accoldate or reserved for a small number of players.

This is an MMO. That is exactly what grinding is supposed to be. And we like it that way. Why do you think people keep playing? The “fun” is in the grind for almost all of us.

in PvP

sendmark.4731

This is an MMO. That is exactly what grinding is supposed to be. And we like it that way. Why do you think people keep playing? The “fun” is in the grind for almost all of us.

1. GW2 is an mmo but has no reason to be ultra grindy as it is not subscription based.

2. ‘We’ is a tiny number of players, as evidenced by the less than 20 who actually have Dragon rank.

3. There will still be a lot of time needed to get dragon rank, let alone all the other achievements that can be had. Plenty of ‘grind’ for people to aim for even with this change. All it does is make that grind manageable for a bigger group of players – which is what every mmo aims for, pleasing the majority not the tiny minority.

in PvP

Posted by: Lux.7169

Lux.7169

1. GW2 is an mmo but has no reason to be ultra grindy as it is not subscription based.

2. ‘We’ is a tiny number of players, as evidenced by the less than 20 who actually have Dragon rank.

3. There will still be a lot of time needed to get dragon rank, let alone all the other achievements that can be had. Plenty of ‘grind’ for people to aim for even with this change. All it does is make that grind manageable for a bigger group of players – which is what every mmo aims for, pleasing the majority not the tiny minority.

There’s going to be about 1,000 dragon rank players on NA. EU will have more.

[SoF]

in PvP

bhagwad.4281

PvP is filled with players well over r50. r50+ means nothing. Converting them all to r80 just devalues all the efforts of those few who have really slogged out their ranks.

Those who have reached r70 are special – make no mistake about it. They should be given ultra special treatment in accordance with their status in PvP. And now you’re saying that a person like me barely into the mid r50+ is going to be the same as them? I don’t deserve that. They don’t deserve that. They deserve much, much better. Even awarding them legendaries wouldn’t come close to cutting it.

What is their reward for their hard work and toil? Some champ bags and boxes?

in PvP

Lux.7169

PvP is filled with players well over r50. r50+ means nothing. Converting them all to r80 just devalues all the efforts of those few who have really slogged out their ranks.

Those who have reached r70 are special – make no mistake about it. They should be given ultra special treatment in accordance with their status in PvP. And now you’re saying that a person like me barely into the mid r50+ is going to be the same as them? I don’t deserve that. They don’t deserve that. They deserve much, much better. Even awarding them legendaries wouldn’t come close to cutting it.

What is their reward for their hard work and toil? Some champ bags and boxes?

Agreed 1000%

[SoF]

in PvP

Posted by: Simon.3794

Simon.3794

They will add a new ladder where prestige belong

its like call of duty, level 55 10 prestige means nothing

only play competitve matches and earn a spot in the ladder means prestige.

i dont think anet want something you can grind in hotjoin to be something that represent dedication and prestige.

in PvP

sendmark.4731

There is nothing special at all about playing constantly to R70+ other than time investment. The highest rated tournament players are mainly R50 or R60 at best, even though they have far more skill than the R70+.

The only thing special about being R70+ is having a ludicrious amount of free time and devoting it all to one game mode, and in some cases not even the competitive side of that game mode but hotjoin farming. What on earth is special or deserving a reward about this? It’s saying you don’t have to be skilfull at the game to get the best reward, just slave away for more hours in as no-brain an area as possible.

in PvP

sendmark.4731

i dont think anet want something you can grind in hotjoin to be something that represent dedication and prestige.

Exactly.

in PvP

bhagwad.4281

They will add a new ladder where prestige belong

its like call of duty, level 55 10 prestige means nothing

only play competitve matches and earn a spot in the ladder means prestige.

Despite the “hotjoin farm” argument, there are still only a tiny handful of people who have reached r70. You can’t devalue their efforts just because you can get ranks in hotjoin.

in PvP

sendmark.4731

Nobody is devaluing their efforts, they will have a Dragon finisher to show for it. The finisher just won’t be restricted to such a tiny number of farmers any more, just as most pve and wvw rewards are available for anyone who is prepared to put in the time.

in PvP

bhagwad.4281

There is nothing special at all about playing constantly to R70+ other than time investment. The highest rated tournament players are mainly R50 or R60 at best, even though they have far more skill than the R70+.

The only thing special about being R70+ is having a ludicrious amount of free time and devoting it all to one game mode, and in some cases not even the competitive side of that game mode but hotjoin farming. What on earth is special or deserving a reward about this? It’s saying you don’t have to be skilfull at the game to get the best reward, just slave away for more hours in as no-brain an area as possible.

This is an MMO. We want to be rewarded for grinding and having loads of free time. It’s not super mario bros. The hallmark of an MMO is grind.

And yes – spending the time and doing the hard, hard work to grind to r70 is a feat of almost mythical proportions. It throws into insignificance the amount of work needed to get a “Legendary” weapon in PvE. And what reward do these gods of the game get for their dedication and unstinting loyalty and efforts?

They get to be thrown into the same bucket as people like me who’ve just reached the mid 50s.

Pchah.

in PvP

Lux.7169

Exactly.

So then let’s make dragon rank (80) achievable in 3 days like lvl 80 is in PvE

If rank is so meaningless then why bother even touching the system? Why will this help the PvP community? I’d love to see how it will retain more players than it loses.

[SoF]

in PvP

bhagwad.4281

The finisher just won’t be restricted to such a tiny number

That is the very definition of “devalue”. And calling them “farmers” is an unwarranted and ignorant insult. Their efforts need to be called out and rewarded. Like maybe….50 precursors per r70+ player. That’s just an estimate of what they’re worth.

in PvP

Posted by: Phantom Master.9582

Phantom Master.9582

I’m quite happy, it won’t take me 6hours for like 15% progression, I’m going to get my life back. Reward the player skill and not the lack of life!

R80 Mesmer- Inquisitor Amena
Eternity~!

in PvP

sendmark.4731

If rank is so meaningless then why bother even touching the system? Why will this help the PvP community? I’d love to see how it will retain more players than it loses.

Making the reward system achievable like this will gain vastly more players than it loses, will gladly take that bet with you all day long. People play for achievements, and the number of people who play for something which takes 1000s of hours is tiny compared to the number of people who will play for something that takes 100s.

Rank is not meaningless, however as a grind only achievement it should always be secondary to achieving things with actual skill. Therefore any reward must be achievable to most players.

in PvP

Lux.7169

I’m quite happy, it won’t take me 6hours for like 15% progression, I’m going to get my life back. Reward the player skill and not the lack of life!

Why does rank mean anything to you?

[SoF]

in PvP

Posted by: Chase.8415

Chase.8415

If you need that extra incentive, buy a Europe/Na account and reach rank 80 on both regions.

in PvP

Posted by: Jaxom.7310

Jaxom.7310

I like the change too. I love pvp, but I never even thought about getting r80 because of the stupid amount of time it would have taken to get there. Kind of like maxing out some of those achievements in gw1 pvp.

Good change.

in PvP

Lux.7169

Making the reward system achievable like this will gain vastly more players than it loses, will gladly take that bet with you all day long. People play for achievements, and the number of people who play for something which takes 1000s of hours is tiny compared to the number of people who will play for something that takes 100s.

Rank is not meaningless, however as a grind only achievement it should always be secondary to achieving things with actual skill. Therefore any reward must be achievable to most players.

If its not meaningless why put a limit on it?
Sounds to me like people just want a rank equality as opposed to reward progression. You could easily retain reward progression without screwing over the most loyal playerbase to the PvP community by taking away 1 of 2 things we exclusively had from our time in PvP.

[SoF]

in PvP

sendmark.4731

Why does rank mean anything to you?

He’s not saying it means nothing, just that it shouldn’t mean wasting vast amounts of his life to obtain. Which is fine seeing as it’s something in the current system that even the worst player can get, providing they have the freetime / account share / hotjoin exploit.

in PvP

Lux.7169

I like the change too. I love pvp, but I never even thought about getting r80 because of the stupid amount of time it would have taken to get there. Kind of like maxing out some of those achievements in gw1 pvp.

Good change.

I already have 2 dragon rank accounts. One imba and one on eu.

That’s not incentive for me to play.

[SoF]

in PvP

Posted by: Anti.9156

Anti.9156

65-70 would be perfect

(a rank 49)

in PvP

Posted by: Vieteriukko.6075

Vieteriukko.6075

This is horrible change. Please consider setting current xp required to 70 to be new 80 and scale 39-> there after.

I loved the idea that I can develop my character casually gaining pvp ranks forever but now I can’t.

Please!

in PvP

Jaxom.7310

Good change.

Isn’t the incentive to get more gear and have fun? Beating people down? Not to have a larger number next to your name?

in PvP

Lux.7169

Good change.

Isn’t the incentive to get more gear and have fun? Beating people down? Not to have a larger number next to your name?

Can’t I have multiple incentives to play? Or is that too complicated to fathom?

[SoF]

in PvP

Jaxom.7310

Good change.

Can’t I have multiple incentives to play? Or is that too complicated to fathom?

Can’t you max out and achieve that incentive at some point? And it sounds like you have. Cheers mate! Maybe now I can get to r80 like you now too!

in PvP

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

They’re just making Dragon actually possible instead of it’s current impossible. o.o

Don’t worry you still have plenty of insane grind to go.

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

in PvP

Posted by: sirflamesword.3896

sirflamesword.3896

Good change.

This is just sad…i mean REALLY REALLY sad.

Pinnacle of Responsibility[Mom]-Yaks Bend
Unstable Shield, Unstable Light

in PvP

Posted by: Mythoryk.7984

Mythoryk.7984

It will gain a substantial amount of players initially. This in turn will basically diminish the quality of game play for even the average PvP player. However, how long do you think the influx will last? When everyone has a Dragon finisher at max rank, what’s left to compete for? PvE loot? gtfo.

No. That’s WvW. All PvP players really have is a single vertical progression. This change removes that progression and several short term goals that reward PvE rewards is not a valid replacement system.

They’re just making Dragon actually possible instead of it’s current impossible. o.o

Don’t worry you still have plenty of insane grind to go.

Dragon wasn’t impossible. People would have reached it eventually. It was the same way in GW1 for Rank 15/Dragon Emote… Several people achieved the rank and literally everyone knew them by name. THAT is the incentive in a rank based vertical progression. It’s the pinnacle of mastering game-play. Why should everyone be able to achieve it? IRL, should everyone be able to achieve C.E.O status and make 40 billion dollars a year? It’s reality – chances are, you’re not a 40 billion dollar a year C.E.O.

Good change.

This is just sad…i mean REALLY REALLY sad.

What’s your incentive to play, then? PvE skins? He means without incentive to progress to a higher level of rank at a higher rate than the average curve, there’s no motivation behind competitive play. Why should anyone expel the effort to become a better player than the next guy without a vertical progression system in play to show for it?

When everyone ‘s a Dragon… everyone will think their kitten don’t stink… feel me? No one will care to become better or listen to someone with more experience to gain new perspective. Everyone will think they know everything. It’s gonna be a great environment… Lovely.

Mythoryk: (Sorrow’s Furnace)
Guild: [CoSA]

in PvP

Jaxom.7310

When everyone ‘s a Dragon… everyone will think their kitten don’t stink… feel me? No one will care to become better or listen to someone with more experience to gain new perspective. Everyone will think they know everything. It’s gonna be a great environment… Lovely.

I don’t know. When I see someone r70+ I don’t think, “wow that guy’s got a lot of experience, they must have a lot of skill.” I think, “wow that guy’s got a lot of free time.”

So I guess in that sense, it is impressive. But I would think you’d rather show off your skill w/ titles/gear or something, not by amount of time spent in the game…

in PvP

Posted by: Ugruk.4069

Ugruk.4069

The rank system is/was kinda flawed (cof cof skyhammer farm), and it is true you could grind hot join for the ranks so you werent exactly “pro” by being rank X.

I think they didnt delete them completly now, just for people dont feel like they were losing all their work toawrds it.

in PvP

Posted by: Amstel Steel.2058

Amstel Steel.2058

in PvP

Posted by: Stand The Wall.6987

Stand The Wall.6987

I agree with you Flumek. I’m only r42, but still I’m really hating the changes.

Looking like its time to look for another mmo.

Team Deathmatch for PvP – Raise the AoE cap for WvW – More unique events for PvE

in PvP

Posted by: Maverick Holix.1382

Maverick Holix.1382

who cares about rank, prestige should be about leaderboard rankings and future titles associated with it. Yea leaderboards isn’t all that now bcuz the pvp community is low. But the goal is to increase the number of pvpers thus making leaderboards more relevant as a measurement of skill, not time invested. its about looking ahead. And for those who have obtained rank points past the new “dragon” are being compensated for it.

twitch.tv/maverick_holix

in PvP

Posted by: YourFriendMarvin.4127

YourFriendMarvin.4127

who cares about rank, prestige should be about leaderboard rankings and future titles associated with it. Yea leaderboards isn’t all that now bcuz the pvp community is low. But the goal is to increase the number of pvpers thus making leaderboards more relevant as a measurement of skill, not time invested. its about looking ahead. And for those who have obtained rank points past the new “dragon” are being compensated for it.

Leaderboards don’t mean anything with this current system. Anyone can to the top easily and stay there, because the decay system isn’t as efficient. Along with Karmy, Oeggs, Super Mang Jose, Chaith (Five Guage), and all the other 70’s who earned their rank with actual games. I don’t mind being boosted to Dragon, but not all these 55+ or people who bought the game 2 months ago. I wouldn’t even mind them decreasing the amount of rank points needed to 80. I agree there shouldn’t be a huge grind, but at the same time not let people who bought the game like yesterday hit a free Dragon.

#MostTeamQueueWins before December 2nd, 2014 Patch
[NA]Rank 71 before April 15th, 2014 Feature Patch OG Moltres, 10k Champion Brawler, Team PZ
http://www.twitch.tv/yourfriendmarvin

in PvP

Posted by: Maverick Holix.1382

Maverick Holix.1382

Leaderboards don’t mean anything with this current system. Anyone can to the top easily and stay there, because the decay system isn’t as efficient. Along with Karmy, Oeggs, Super Mang Jose, Chaith (Five Guage), and all the other 70’s who earned their rank with actual games. I don’t mind being boosted to Dragon, but not all these 55+ or people who bought the game 2 months ago. I wouldn’t even mind them decreasing the amount of rank points needed to 80. I agree there shouldn’t be a huge grind, but at the same time not let people who bought the game like yesterday hit a free Dragon.

I knew a response like this would pop up. Naturally those who have obtained high ranking in leaderboards and high rankings in game are not going to like this change very much. I mean you guys did it all. Got high ranking in leaderboards (fighting challenging players etc) while earning high pvp ranks. Truly the leet among leet, what else is there? At the end of the day that group is just a small minority of the actual GW2 player base (whom most are braindead pvers/wvwers). Is R55+ the right choice, could it be say R60+ or some other medium, well idk. I would say whomever has the numbers on the actual amounts would be able to make the call on that 1.

twitch.tv/maverick_holix

(edited by Maverick Holix.1382)

in PvP

Posted by: Lord Hammer Hand.4815

Lord Hammer Hand.4815

love how the few players complain and think they can speak for majority of players… what a bunch of self centered spoiled bratz go ahead QQ somemore.

Pacific Islander Legion [NoyP]
Black Gate
Ruthless Legend

in PvP

Posted by: KumaTazZ.8054

KumaTazZ.8054

I’m rank 59. I play solo and team arena daily. I count the day to become a shark rank and I ’m proud about that.

But what!! Dragon rank in my face BAMM!!! I don’t think my skill level deserved rank dragon or even phoenix. My team still got out play by Caed’s team or Magic Toker’s team like 200 – 500 points.

I want rank that is “equal” to my skill level. Now I’m a bear and I proud to be a bear.