Immobilize removes ability queues?

in PvP

Posted by: Phantaram.1265

Phantaram.1265

So for the longest time I just thought I was getting immobilized in the air and my abilities weren’t working because of that. (known bug for a long time)

What I’ve come to realize, and I haven’t tested this actually it’s just something that I’ve deduced while playing a lot lately, is that the ability to queue up 1 ability after another stops working when you are immobilized.

Here’s an example to show exactly what I’m saying.

Not Immobilized

Cast Ability #1
Cast Ability #2 mid way through Ability #1’s cast
Ability #1’s full animation/aftercast completes and Ability #2 goes off.

Immobilized

Cast Ability #1
Cast Ability #2 mid way through Ability #1’s cast
Ability #1’s full animation/aftercast completes and nothing happens.

If this isn’t what is happening then it’s something else wonky about immobilize because there are times I press abilities while immobilized, and not in the air, and they just refuse to cast.

I’ll try to actually test this at some point today.

in PvP

Posted by: Glyph.7805

Glyph.7805

I’ve noticed the same problem. And I’m not sure if the whole entangle issues has been talked about either, sometimes i notice rangers entangling me but no immob comes up, i havn’t tested yet but is it possible to fake cast entangle? or is it just failing for no reason? i don’t dodge and aegis isn’t on me so idk..

in PvP

Posted by: Scoobaniec.9561

Scoobaniec.9561

Immobilize is broken. Simple as that.

in PvP

Posted by: ronpierce.2760

ronpierce.2760

I’ve noticed the same problem. And I’m not sure if the whole entangle issues has been talked about either, sometimes i notice rangers entangling me but no immob comes up, i havn’t tested yet but is it possible to fake cast entangle? or is it just failing for no reason? i don’t dodge and aegis isn’t on me so idk..

I play a ranger often enough recently and sometimes it literally just doesn’t work. I usually just assume they must have had some sort of instant reaction passive condi removal or it was just bad luck.

High Warlord Sikari (80 Reaper) / Lord Siekron (80 DH)
Warlord Sikari (80 Scrapper)

in PvP

Posted by: Narkodx.1472

Narkodx.1472

This has been a problem since day one

Channeled abilities will cancel if they immobilize you during the cast as well

Any time I get immobilized I have to cast the same ability 20 times before it goes off

in PvP

Posted by: ronpierce.2760

ronpierce.2760

I think a lot of issues would be fixed if they let you start casts when facing away from your target, even if you have right click down, and have the facing checks at the end of the cast only. That way youd hit a lot less errors when trying to cast and immobilized.

High Warlord Sikari (80 Reaper) / Lord Siekron (80 DH)
Warlord Sikari (80 Scrapper)

in PvP

Posted by: Jelzouki.4128

Jelzouki.4128

This happened to me yesterday on legacy. I was immobilised and whenever I tried to cleanse it my ability wouldn’t cast.

http://strawpoll.me/3648686/r Queue for PvP from any map. Vote Here. Zojoel [ASAP Zerg]

in PvP

Posted by: Phantaram.1265

Phantaram.1265

This has been a problem since day one

Channeled abilities will cancel if they immobilize you during the cast as well

Any time I get immobilized I have to cast the same ability 20 times before it goes off

Yeah this is what I feel like. It’s very frustrating to deal with.

in PvP

Posted by: Kousetsu.1627

Kousetsu.1627

Immob is really weird in this game, so far i’ve noticed;

Being immobed in midair causes you to become stuck in midair, thus disabling alot of skills.

Being perma stuck in place, often after an immob has been used and has weared off, but you still cant move your character untill you use a skill that physically moves your character like swoop, rush, blink, lightning flash.

in PvP

Posted by: MithranArkanere.8957

MithranArkanere.8957

Immobilize is broken. For example:

• Enemies can turn around if the skill will force them to face you. This includes most NPCs. Making it useless to prevent someone from moving to face you and hitting you.
  • But if it’s a player holding the camera button (right mouse), that ‘turnaround’ will count as movement and just that will prevent turning around. Players must remember to release the right mouse so the character will turn around.
  • Skills that do not require a target may fail activating if the player is holding the right mouse button, this includes several healing skills.
  • If you get immobilize at any time before, during or after being mid-air, skills that can’t activate mid-air may not activate, even if you have finished falling and are already on the floor.
  • The effects of immobilize will sometimes not fade when immobilize is over.

What happens here is not the next skill queue being removed. What happens is that immobilize is preventing activation of the queued skill.

This and other immobilize bugs are HEAVILY exploited by unskilled players to gain unfair advantages.

SUGGEST-A-TRON says:
PAY—ONCE—UNLOCKS—ARE—ALWAYS—BETTER.
No exceptions!

(edited by MithranArkanere.8957)