Implement Death Match, it could work, and here is why.

in PvP

Posted by: azera.2890

azera.2890

I like Conquest, I really do…

In a non competitive PvP environment.

Death Match has always been the ultimate test of skill in games and I do not understand why you are trying to stray away from this. You feed us this talk about DM having been tested, and that it didn’t fit this game. I call bull, sorry.

Did you try DM 5v5 in a little circle the size of Graveyard in Legacy of Forefire?

Of course it won’t work. That barely even works in WoW, or any other game for that matter.

DM could definitely work in this game, and I think it would be hugely appreciated by a lot of players.

This is how it would work.
2v2, or 3v3, in a medium sized map with lots of LoS-objects, best of 3.

I’ve had fights at Graveyard in this game 3v3 that lasted for a very long time, I don’t see the big deal. Why would it not work? Because there are no dedicated healers? Why is that? No type of PvP would work if that were the case. DM doesn’t have to last for 40 minutes like in WoW, it could be anywhere from 2 minutes to 1 hour.

There was once a time in WoW where double DD teams were very popular in 2v2. It doesn’t matter if the fights last for a short period of time, whoever wins, wins, and thus is more skilled.

Besides, double DD teams in this game would last a lot longer than in WoW because we all have heals. Think about it.

Support Guardian/Warrior vs Ele/Thief, is the outcome really that obvious? Not to me. Double DD vs Support/DD. The E/T team could try to burst one of them down, G/W goes defensive, popping defensive CDs and healing, fine, they failed with the burst. What happens now? G/W goes offensive since the E/T team doesn’t have any offensive abilities left for a short period of time, fine, the E/T team goes defensive, Elementalists have lost of heals, Thieves have a pretty nice set of escapes, and also some healing. This fight could actually last for a long period of time, granted there are LoS-objects.

Best of 3 would be a great addition.

in PvP

Posted by: WhiteCrow.5310

WhiteCrow.5310

Put in deathmatch for the sole purpose of letting all the people who actually want to play strategic point cap play together.

That alone is reason enough.

Concerns about HoT pre-order? Check here!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Am9gVQB8gss

in PvP

Posted by: Raging Bull.5048

Raging Bull.5048

I’d love the Arena Deathmatch mode, but exclusively as a rated competition.

in PvP

Posted by: Otterbro.1098

Otterbro.1098

Death match, yes please.
I like conquest mode aswell but, sometimes you just want to kill people.
And running around on your own for kills is a bad thing in conquest, it hurts the team more than it helps most of the time.

So i vote yes, Deathmatch please

in PvP

Posted by: xcount.3890

xcount.3890

I second DM, its a obvious mode. I guess it wasnt implemented because class imbalances in DM show a lot more then in point cap.

in PvP

Posted by: Braxxus.2904

Braxxus.2904

I like deathmatch, I really do…

In a non-competitive PvP environment.

Even in FPS games since TDM (and then modes like CTF/Assault/Conquest/ IE: objective tactical team play) deathmatch is the kiddie pool of PvP. It’s the place to learn the basics before incorporating a higher skillset alongside basic combat ability. Being able to fight WHILE employing/devising strategies and counter-strategies, supporting team-mates while completing objectives AND killing the enemy. Well it’s just no contest. Deathmatch is checkers, objective based team PvP is chess.

Blackwater Vanguard
Yaks Bend

in PvP

Posted by: Mayama.1854

Mayama.1854

2v2 or 3v3 would be a zergfest with thieves, mesmers and guardians.

in PvP

Posted by: Raging Bull.5048

Raging Bull.5048

2v2 or 3v3 would be a zergfest with thieves, mesmers and guardians.

Because at the moment, that’s not the case in tPvP?? xD

This game just needs to be balanced.