Impossible to get Spirit Watch achieves

in PvP

Posted by: Unseenstrike.2971

Unseenstrike.2971

Note, the title for this topic was intended to say “almost impossible”, but the title was too long to post.

For the past week I have wanted to work on Spirit Watch achievements, I play Unranked for several hours daily, I have been on the Spirit Watch map only twice.

There needs to be a better solution for trying for the achievements on this pvp map.

There is only a 1 in 3 chance this map will be available for selection in any game. When it is available, most people do not choose it. When it is chosen, random luck for some reason usually makes it that it is never selected. I had one option where 9 had chosen Spirit Watch and 1 had chosen Skyhammer, and Skyhammer was selected. These factors combine together to make playing on the Spirit Watch map almost impossible.

I did try joining with someone who would choose Spirit Watch with me, but that was still unsuccessful. I did at one point ask some of my friend’s guildies to join me, but I was trolled, and they purposefully refused to choose Spirit Watch (I played 5 games with them and they had various excuses from “mistake” to “I don’t care”). I did try asking in matches where I saw a few had voted for Spirit Watch if they would like to join me so we could choose that option, I was never answered by anyone, despite asking several times. One particularly horrible person pulled me down a lot for attempting to work on achievements in pvp, he said I was “spoiling the fun” for that, said he would never vote for that map, and told other players to never vote for that map, sadly he was very verbal about that both in and out of matches, and players may have been influenced by him (NA server). I have had adverts in LFG, both in the Unranked section, and at other times in the Achievements section, asking for players who would like to join in trying for Spirit Watch achievements, not at any time did anyone ever message or join. I have tried almost everything I can think of to try for the Spirit Watch achievements, but it has been almost impossible (I wonder if there could be a solution?).

in PvP

Unseenstrike.2971

Just a note since making this post, I have played 13 Unranked matches, and 0 times has been Spirit Watch

in PvP

Posted by: Altie.4571

Altie.4571

ive gotten several, and I vote for it each time because its so rare.

When scientists discover the center of the universe,
a lot of people will be disappointed they are not it.

in PvP

Posted by: Shaogin.2679

Shaogin.2679

Add me in game and if you see me on, shoot me a whisper and I’ll queue with ya and we can try to get the map.

Doc Von Doom – Asuran Necromancer
Gate of Madness
Contribute to the Wiki MetaBattle Builds

in PvP

Posted by: Luto.1938

Luto.1938

Join me and we will form up a 5 man. We’ll just throw 5 votes at it every time it pops up. I’m usually on around 9:30 EST. I’ve been after the “Silent Killer” title myself!

Luto Locke
Twitch Stream

in PvP

Unseenstrike.2971

Add me in game and if you see me on, shoot me a whisper and I’ll queue with ya and we can try to get the map.

Thank you very much indeed, anyone else is welcome to join in as well.

in PvP

Posted by: Vicariuz.1605

Vicariuz.1605

Join me and we will form up a 5 man. We’ll just throw 5 votes at it every time it pops up. I’m usually on around 9:30 EST. I’ve been after the “Silent Killer” title myself!

Luto Locke is good guy AND a hot dad :O

in PvP

Posted by: Exedore.6320

Exedore.6320

The problem is that Spirit Watch is a terrible map. Voting for Spirit Watch in order to get achievements is like intentionally failing PvE events because there’s an achievement or item linked to failure.

Kirrena Rosenkreutz

in PvP

Posted by: Luto.1938

Luto.1938

Luto Locke is good guy AND a hot dad :O

Awe, Thanks! ^_^

Luto Locke
Twitch Stream

in PvP

Posted by: Coelho Nat.4697

Coelho Nat.4697

A agree with you. Some maps are really rare to get since nobody votes for them.
Maybe Anet could allow those achievements be done in Hot Join? So everybody could choose the map they need.

in PvP

Shaogin.2679

Me and OP queued for a few matches, never got Spirit Watch a single time as an option. The very next match after he left group, it finally came up but didn’t have enough votes. We need a full group of 5 to make this happen. Lol.

Gate of Madness

in PvP

Posted by: gebrechen.5643

gebrechen.5643

Stupid idea to put in achievements after 4,5 years. It won’t bring pvp back from the dead.

Some people die on epidemic, other have skill.
- great warlord Waha of Sea 2981bc

in PvP

Shaogin.2679

Actually just got this map twice in a row tonight. Knocked off a couple more achievements.

Gate of Madness

in PvP

Unseenstrike.2971

Update. I have played 8 hours a day over the last 2 days, in Unranked, and only managed to get Spirit Watch map once.

It is so highly frustrating, because so many only play Unranked to ‘learn’ pvp, to ‘test builds’, or for daily and “I don’t care if I win or lose it’s just a a daily”. I have met a lot of very new players, and bless them for trying, but it is hurting my stomach to keep playing like this (literally knocks me sick sometimes). I’ve even met a variation on the ‘naked norn’, and that is the naked asura (players using no armor)

Here are some quotes I’ve read over the last 2 days during games:
“I’m too drunk to sleep”
“brb helping mom unload the car”
“my cat was sick on the floor”
“wife aggro”
“brb pizza’s here!”
“I forgot to equip a wep lol”
“omg I hate this map, afk”
…there were a lot more that I can’t remember…

please, I beg, put me out of this misery. I just want to play on the Spirit Watch map and get some achievements.

in PvP

Shaogin.2679

Yeah, I think the only hope is to queue with a full group. We need to get a 5-man team.

Gate of Madness