Impossibly skilled ele

Impossibly skilled ele

in PvP

Posted by: tevoro.1587

tevoro.1587

So I just played a match where before I had reached home an ele from the other team had reached it and then managed to kill me in 1 shot. In the time that I blinked I was down. I know I wasn’t lagging, and I know it wasn’t just me because he did it to someone else right after. He never switched attunements except to get the stomp, he used ride the lightning to me from out of nowhere and before he was out of that move I was dead. Can anyone think of how this was done outside of cheating? If not any chance a dev is around to look into it? Also, I looked at combat history, it doesn’t show me taking any damage during that period, would love to know whats going on…

Impossibly skilled ele

in PvP

Posted by: butch.8136

butch.8136

Razor xxxx (Desolation ; Off)
Bring back: ‘Gamer’ title + MAT’s!
Throw out: Hotjoin!

Impossibly skilled ele

in PvP

Posted by: Random Weird Guy.3528

Random Weird Guy.3528

So I just played a match where before I had reached home an ele from the other team had reached it and then managed to kill me in 1 shot. In the time that I blinked I was down. I know I wasn’t lagging, and I know it wasn’t just me because he did it to someone else right after. He never switched attunements except to get the stomp, he used ride the lightning to me from out of nowhere and before he was out of that move I was dead. Can anyone think of how this was done outside of cheating? If not any chance a dev is around to look into it? Also, I looked at combat history, it doesn’t show me taking any damage during that period, would love to know whats going on…

Sounds like a berserker s/d ele to me (more aggressive version of fresh air). Very high burst and half their skills are insta cast. I wouldn’t be so quick to assume they are cheating…

Random Engineering // Trixxti // Random Noises (worst thief eu)
Svanir Appreciation Society [SAS]

Impossibly skilled ele

in PvP

Posted by: Simon.3794

Simon.3794

yup a fresh air ele can down a thief 100-0 in 1 second if lucky enough.

Impossibly skilled ele

in PvP

tevoro.1587

17k damage in an instant though? That just seems impossible, especially without switching attunements. Again, had to have been using dagger offhand for ride the lightning

Impossibly skilled ele

in PvP

Posted by: Simon.3794

Simon.3794

he def switched if you know what is a fresh air.

Impossibly skilled ele

in PvP

Posted by: Bran.7425

Bran.7425

It sounds like the worst case you ran into someone using macros.
It is kind of funny how Anet is subjectively picky about burst with low windows of reaction.

Pets have been hidden due to rising Player complaints.

Impossibly skilled ele

in PvP

Random Weird Guy.3528

17k damage in an instant though? That just seems impossible, especially without switching attunements. Again, had to have been using dagger offhand for ride the lightning

With fresh air you get instant air recharge. Most likely he started in air, switched to another attunement for a few miliseconds to cast something else, then back to air.

Impossibly skilled ele

in PvP

tevoro.1587

I play fresh air on my ele, I didn’t see anything cast nor any attunement switch. Miliseconds though? No one is that fast. Besides all the skills in, for sake of argument fire with scepter require at least a second to cast.

Impossibly skilled ele

in PvP

Posted by: SobeSoul.6910

SobeSoul.6910

It sounds like the worst case you ran into someone using macros.
It is kind of funny how Anet is subjectively picky about burst with low windows of reaction.

Blink + Phoenix combo + Arcane Blast/Wave + Swap to Air isn’t really something people have to macro. Not saying there aren’t macrobots out there.

Impossibly skilled ele

in PvP

Posted by: Bran.7425

Bran.7425

That why I stated that was the worst case.

Pets have been hidden due to rising Player complaints.

Impossibly skilled ele

in PvP

Posted by: Marcos.3690

Marcos.3690

I play fresh air on my ele, I didn’t see anything cast nor any attunement switch. Miliseconds though? No one is that fast. Besides all the skills in, for sake of argument fire with scepter require at least a second to cast.

Did you check combat log to see what killed you?

Impossibly skilled ele

in PvP

Posted by: Furious.2867

Furious.2867

Hmm so he didn’t change attunements?

Perhaps it’s still possible with the scepter dagger. He could have started with RTL, LS, LF, AB, AW all of which are instant while having traited air training, stone splinters and vital striking – each giving an extra 10% dmg.

this is an incredibly glassy build however I remember doing almost 9k damage with fire grab but it has a 3/4 sec cast.

Turret Engie, 13 Nades Engie, MM Necro Hambow, P/P Thief, PU Mesmer
Condi & DPS Ranger, Spirit Guard

Impossibly skilled ele

in PvP

Posted by: Fluffball.8307

Fluffball.8307

Step 1: Assume they are cheating.

Impossibly skilled ele

in PvP

Random Weird Guy.3528

Step 1: Assume they are cheating.

You forgot:

Step 2: ???
Step 3: Profit!

Impossibly skilled ele

in PvP

Posted by: Impact.2780

Impact.2780

Assuming it happened exactly as you say, then the ele was using dagger offhand, which means we can already determine he was not using the standard fresh air build. If that is the case, then we can accept the possibility that he is not using the same traits as that build. A few tweaks can easily squeeze out an extra 1k from a lightning strike.

With ride the lightning, arcane blast, arcane wave, lightning strike (skill), lightning strike (sigil), flame blast (sigil), and lightning flash, all of which (excluding RTL) are instant casts, it is not hard to imagine 17-18k burst in a few seconds. I’d estimate those skills putting out 12-14k using 0/6/0/4/4. With say, scholar runes, stone splinters, and maybe some points into fire, you’re looking at 16-19k.

EU | Ímpáct / Impact Warlock / Impact Illusions
http://www.twitch.tv/impact2780

Impossibly skilled ele

in PvP

Posted by: Godric.3012

Godric.3012

Hi, I would say it is a fresh air S/D build.
Elementalist is the only class that can kill someone in 2sec (one shot) , if your foe is light of a glassy medium class.

The build is not very commum in pvp. (sneaky / not forgiving build)

This is the build that could have killed you:

Scholar runes (+10% damage)

Fire : 0
Air: 6 (VI / X / XII)
Earth: 2 (VI) +10% damage
Water: 2 (VI) +10% damage
Arcane : 4 (I / VIII)

Utility skills: Arcane wave, arcane blast, lightning flash)

(only earth/air/arcane skills)

You open with a Earthquake/lightning flash , on you enemy . By that i mean you have to press earthquake and land the skill on you enemy with lightning flash.
Exrta damage from the knock down, then use the rest of the rotaion. (air, arcane skills)

This build is not that easy to master, if you miss a skill you are pretty much dead because you have no defense. It’s a 1vs 1 build.

ps: I can’t tell if your enemy used a marco, but this build is possible without.

Impossibly skilled ele

in PvP

Posted by: laquito.5269

laquito.5269

As said above its probably a fresh air ele. Did the same to some poor thief yesterday. 16k damage in about 1s. You don’t really need macros for it, once ur used to the build it is very much possible.

Retired GW2 Player

Impossibly skilled ele

in PvP

Posted by: Laraley.7695

Laraley.7695

Elementalist is the only class that can kill someone in 2sec (one shot) , if your foe is light of a glassy medium class.

That’s so not true.

Impossibly skilled ele

in PvP

Posted by: Godric.3012

Godric.3012

That’s so not true.

I talking about rotations that can kill the quickest, and leaving your enemy no time to react.

Of course Mesmers, thiefs, (medi guards and rangers long bow) can kill quickly , but not as fast and not giving you the sensation of a one shot. There rotation animations take time.

This elementalist rotation is based on fast cast skills.