Improved Spectator Functionality

in PvP

Posted by: Trigr.6481

Trigr.6481

Despite conquest being the underlying causes of why it’s a spectator nightmare, there is still plenty of improvement when it comes to what information you’re able to see when you are not viewing a specific person in spectator mode.

After about ten minutes of some crappy photoshop work, below is a picture of an idea that can be implemented regardless of the game types that exist now or ones that coule be made in the future “cough 2v2 or 3v3 cough”. It’s more or less just a picture to show the heal ability, traits, and elite skill of all players that should be viewable at all times. Note I did not do the opposite team because it wasn’t needed just to pitch my idea across. This way it will be easier for the spectator to gauge how certain fights are going despite not witnessing them first hand, kinda the same way that spectators in cs:go can view grenades and such of a entire team layout despite not being able to view that specific player directly.

Again, conquest kinda shoots itself in the foot when it comes to being a spectator friendly game. Having a game type that has several fights going on at the same time is never going to be spectator friendly, but this will at least certainly help.

Hopefully this idea will makes things easier in terms of being a step forward in being more viewer friendly. Have a good one.

http://imgur.com/uOkW6wU

Countless

Attachments:

(edited by Trigr.6481)

in PvP

Posted by: Kayzi.9752

Kayzi.9752

I really like having the major cooldowns on display for viewers, since they can’t see what’s going on everywhere at least they’ll be able to judge how an off-camera fight is going based on the cooldowns displayed.

I definitely think that the spectator aspect of pvp is the next area that Anet should work on, and something like this would be a great start. When did you say your first day at Anet was again, Countless?

Stalagta Team Faded – tM
NSP!

in PvP

Posted by: Trigr.6481

Trigr.6481

I really like having the major cooldowns on display for viewers, since they can’t see what’s going on everywhere at least they’ll be able to judge how an off-camera fight is going based on the cooldowns displayed.

I definitely think that the spectator aspect of pvp is the next area that Anet should work on, and something like this would be a great start. When did you say your first day at Anet was again, Countless?

My first day is the day I start getting paid to improve the game. I’ll keep you posted.

in PvP

Posted by: Storm.6408

Storm.6408

Really creative idea. Would be cool if the players could see their own teams CDs too.

Zeromis: Team Final Form