In Unranked

In Unranked

in PvP

Posted by: Agemnon.4608

Agemnon.4608

Please get rid of the forced 50% winrate. My friend list is already full of triple digit AP people who I know I won’t be facing on the other team unless I lost enough. I had a big winning streak last week and now it’s tanking. Everyone is either too new or too good. I put someone on my list just for being a base game thief (you can tell from the dodges). I blocked out the names and even the AP (not all of them low) but wanted to show why I have the list if you read the nicknames. The ones without a nickname I blocked out since this isn’t a shaming post but a what I have to deal with post.

Attachments:

In Unranked

in PvP

Posted by: Sparks The Rescue.5043

Sparks The Rescue.5043

I dont understand. You have people blocked for not owning HoT, for being too good, for being too bad, for being too mean. I mean, just about for anything, you decide you want to block someone. It doesnt help. And, its only unranked.

In Unranked

in PvP

Agemnon.4608

They aren’t blocked (that list is reserved for gold sellers since there are so many) just on a duck list and some are friends I team with. I don’t wanna be responsible for losing just in case someone says something in chat that I’d need to know. “This guy said something in chat that could have saved the game, but I had him blocked so I couldn’t read it and it costs us” yeah, no.

Since ranked deliberately takes people who are higher or lower and places them against you (rarely have I seen someone from the other team on mine in the next game or vice versa in ranked soloQ but it does still happen) then you increase your odds of winning by waiting for someone too good (or just play in a way that really annoys you) to queue or not be online. Likewise, the MM will pull from a noticeably lower MMR pool if it searches long enough.

Then you have unranked and its forced 50% winrate. If you want to stay significantly above it then you’ll have to duck new players who consistently find themselves on your team, rarely ever the other (the good players however tend to be between your team and the enemy team). At least unranked doesn’t have pips at stake.

In Unranked

in PvP

Posted by: Lord Hammer Hand.4815

Lord Hammer Hand.4815

this is just sad that u have a list like that….

Pacific Islander Legion [NoyP]
Black Gate
Ruthless Legend

In Unranked

in PvP

Posted by: Ruru.1302

Ruru.1302

Especially where he keeps track of players that are clearly better than him.

mag
[Mada] Apocryfia

In Unranked

in PvP

Agemnon.4608

Especially where he keeps track of players that are clearly better than him.

Ranked is a zero sum game with clearly defined MMR zones where those of similar skill get lumped together on a team, you lose a pip they gain a pip. If you duck such players then they’d advance without it being on your back.

In Unranked

in PvP

Posted by: JTGuevara.9018

JTGuevara.9018

Please get rid of the forced 50% winrate. My friend list is already full of triple digit AP people who I know I won’t be facing on the other team unless I lost enough. I had a big winning streak last week and now it’s tanking. Everyone is either too new or too good. I put someone on my list just for being a base game thief (you can tell from the dodges). I blocked out the names and even the AP (not all of them low) but wanted to show why I have the list if you read the nicknames. The ones without a nickname I blocked out since this isn’t a shaming post but a what I have to deal with post.

NO!

Leave unranked as it is. The matchmaking is fair, unlike the leagues. Mess with it now, you can kiss the pvp playerbase goodbye.

In Unranked

in PvP

Posted by: Ellie.5913

Ellie.5913

NO!

Leave unranked as it is. The matchmaking is fair, unlike the leagues. Mess with it now, you can kiss the pvp playerbase goodbye.

Agreed, if they mess up unranked as much as ranked is there’s not gonna be any place left for people who want a chance of a fair match to play anymore.

In Unranked

in PvP

Posted by: Fat Disgrace.4275

Fat Disgrace.4275

Summon bullkitten ele. Lol

Fat Disgrace (banned) Man Flu Survivor – war/The Cabbage -Thief (gunners hold / [TaG])

gw1 – healing signet/frenzy/charge

In Unranked

in PvP

Posted by: Nightshade.2570

Nightshade.2570

Its, unranked. I think striving for a 50/50 is fine.

In Unranked

in PvP

Posted by: BlaqueFyre.5678

BlaqueFyre.5678

I think it’s funny block a player for not owning HoT and playing Base Thief bahaha, I have an Alt acct and I run a Base Thief and it stands toe to toe with most HoT master race ES granted that comes down to actual overall skill

In Unranked

in PvP

Posted by: Darknicrofia.2604

Darknicrofia.2604

that list is the pettiest thing I’ve ever seen…jesus christ.

Darknicrofia Sage – Bad Gerdian, Merciless Legend, Platinum NA Solo Que

In Unranked

in PvP

Agemnon.4608

Summon bullkitten ele. Lol

He was legitimately new though. He’d summon elementals and immediately get blown up at mid…or to a mesmer at far. I mean tornado might not exactly be meta but it at least has some situational use. Big losing streaks aren’t typical but when they do happen can be quite frustrating.

In Unranked

in PvP

Posted by: Hannibal.5739

Hannibal.5739

That list though… Ty for the laugh

In Unranked

in PvP

Posted by: Pifil.5193

Pifil.5193

Wait. What? You want them to stop having balanced matches in Unranked? What do you want them to have then? Unbalanced matches? Odd request.