In regards to condi.

In regards to condi.

in PvP

Posted by: TheNickPrice.8457

TheNickPrice.8457

Not sure exactly where I stand when it comes to Condi, I think, I think, just like power builds, some are stronger then others if that makes sense. Either way there is a lot of complaint that Condi only requires 1 stat etc. etc.

What if.. Condi damage wasn’t toned down, but instead Condi duration on skills were? that way for a Condi build to be “full force” it would have to spec expertise as well.

Discuss.

//Edit// I do believe this would require an entire overhaul given the fact you would likely have to adjust cd on skills as well etc. But in this way if done right I believe without expertise you could have your attrition Condi user, with is you could have your more burstier Condi user as the would be able to hold multiple stacks longer, etc.

Never engage an enemy more powerful then yourself. If engagement is inevitable, do so on your terms.

(edited by TheNickPrice.8457)

In regards to condi.

in PvP

Posted by: Krysard.1364

Krysard.1364

As long as then Anet gives real condi amulets options, and not just “wanderers if you need crits, carrion if not”

M I L K B O I S

In regards to condi.

in PvP

TheNickPrice.8457

Oh for sure, it would be a total revamp to the condi system as a whole so you would need to ensure proper amulets are there for balance, amulets both including expertise with condi damage and X (so your zerker like amulet) and not including expertise, what your rabid and carrion type amulets would become (keeping in mind that carrion/rabid would be less effective overall in performance as far as damage goes as condi duration in this situation is hypothetically a needed stat)

Never engage an enemy more powerful then yourself. If engagement is inevitable, do so on your terms.

In regards to condi.

in PvP

TheNickPrice.8457

I’ve played since launch… hit leg every season (not that it means anything), hold champ title on every class (but necro just don’t like it) so, I’m quite aware of the game and where it has been and gone, thanks for the constructive post though, your reading comprehension is great as no one in this thread has stated condi is overpowered so..

+1 m8 really, way to comprehend and read what was stated in the thread, is was opened simply for a discussion which may or may not continue that is tbd. We have determined however you comment is completely moot and follows as close to the thread as a blind guinea pig would to a cheetah, grats bro you look like a kitten, gg.

In regards to condi.

in PvP

Posted by: Zintrothen.1056

Zintrothen.1056

I think the problem with condi is that it’s too easy to reapply or it’s too easy to apply a million and one powerful ones quickly. Sure they do too much damage, but with proper cleansing and reduced ability (read: longer CDs) and less AoE spam, condis should be manageable. I think if you want to have long condis and you spec for them, they should last a long time. And if you want hard hitting condis and you spec for them, they should hit hard. But just like power damage, it shouldn’t be seemingly spammable and constantly reapplied as soon as they’re cleansed.

Once again, I think this is an issue with short CDs and too much AoE damage. But instead they’ll just remove amulets because they can’t do anything else. They aren’t the balance team and they only have control over amulets, runes and sigils.

In regards to condi.

in PvP

Posted by: EdgarMTanaka.7291

EdgarMTanaka.7291

If I had the power to change conditions.

Longer durations and less damage per tick, that should mean same total ammount of damage but over a longer duration.

At the moment someone can just spike someone with conditions and they will die in less than 2 seconds.
That’s how pure zerker builds who can’t survive for 3 hours alone against 5 work.

The should be no skills that remove all conditions at once but max up to 3.

Member of Alpha Swedish Gaming Community – http://www.alphas.se/
Guild Leader of Alpha Sgc [ASGC]

In regards to condi.

in PvP

Posted by: UmbraNoctis.1907

UmbraNoctis.1907

What condi skill(s) can kill a player in 2 seconds?

Burn guard and burn engi can maybe kill zerk eles or thieves that fast, but those burn burst builds aren’t viable, same for builds with 11k hp. So is there a realistic situation where a condi builds kills in 2 seconds? Or is it just the usual exaggeration?

(edited by UmbraNoctis.1907)