In which order would you place each profession atm?

in PvP

Posted by: tom.7468

tom.7468

i see a lot of players think warrior and guardian is op because they win in 1 vs 1 well they are the frontline in the game the ones who absorb all the arrows and firebolts its expected that they are tough.

in PvP

Posted by: Vandal.8029

Vandal.8029

1. Guardian
2. Engineer
3. Mesmer
4. Elementalist
5. Thief
6. Ranger/Necro
8. Warrior

I dont know much about rangers or necros, so I’m kind of just guessing there. I recently stopped playing my warrior and started learning the elementalist. I think I did decent on my warrior, but his potential felt limited. I feel much more useful as an ele now. This is all just opinion by the way.

in PvP

Posted by: Cerise.9045

Cerise.9045

5v5

1-2. Guardian, Mesmer
3-5. Elementalist, Engineer, Thief
6-8. Ranger, Nero, Warrior

in PvP

Posted by: Khenzy.9348

Khenzy.9348

5v5

1-2. Guardian, Mesmer
3-5. Elementalist, Engineer, Thief
6-8. Ranger, Necro, Warrior

Woah! I was gonna post exactly this! You all seem to be ranking Elementalists really low, but support, cantrip, healing power Staff Elementalists that really know how to play well are virtually unkillable unless heavily focused. There are other strong Ele builds too.

in PvP

Posted by: MaXi.3642

MaXi.3642

i think all classes are quite balanced, just need some tweaks to numbers/traits… only elementalist needs a bit more love imo, he is soo squishi with not as much dmg compared to thief who is invisible, no interrupt in downed mode, etc… and necro need bugfixes the most ofc

(edited by MaXi.3642)

in PvP

Posted by: Klassic.8057

Klassic.8057

1) Elementalist
Cause I’m the best Ele NA

Kanto

in PvP

Posted by: Strongfort.2451

Strongfort.2451

1: Memsers – way too much damage for the survivability they have. A silly condition speialization, allowing a player to kill himself while you run around healing.
2: Guardians – way too much survivability, whilst still using a skill that allow you to kill an enemy without you having to even attack said enemy.
3: Thief – way too much burst and spam. Saddened that they gave thieves the only non-cooldown system.

- No other classes needed but above 3 – they currently take up 3/4ths of groups… -

4: Warriors – high amounts of damage, decent survival depending on traits. 100-blades much too common still though.
5: Elementalists – I see insanely good Elementalists in sPvP all the time, I’m not sure why everyone ranks them so low.
6: Rangers – can be good, but lack un-imobilize (irony…) and despite the name are NOT the best ranged class. Pets have many issues that make them hard to rely on.
7: Engineer – can be very group-centric and helpful. Currently require the highest skill to master though and can be very tough to play.
8: Necromancer – (pre patch) can be annoying with fears, and have good survival, but are the least scary when facing in sPvP

in PvP

Posted by: Cheyenne.1085

Cheyenne.1085

-S Tier-
1. Theif
2. Mesmer
3. Warrior

-A Tier-

4. Guardian

-B Tier-

5. Ranger
6. Engineer

-C Tier-

7. Elementalist

-Free Kill Tier-

8. Necromancer

in PvP

Posted by: Deadly Toy.2630

Deadly Toy.2630

1. Thief, Mesmer
2. Guardian
3. Engineer
4. Ranger, Warrior
5. Ele
6. Necro

in PvP

Posted by: HappinessFactory.4910

HappinessFactory.4910

Boy rangers are incredibly low on these lists T_T

in PvP

Posted by: Aga.8641

Aga.8641

1/ Necro – So much burst damage, even more diveristy. So many build options for this class.
2/ Ele – Damage really hard to avoid.
3/ Warrior – Super awesome sustaianed dps, weak burst and hard to avoid.
4/ Ranger – Strong skills, but do not function well with #1 spam.
5/ Engi – Strong power class, easy to learn aswell.
6/ Thief – Good for point holding and absorbing damage, can roam a little but not as good as necro.
7/ Guardian – Best when played as DPS but outshined by necro/ele.
8/ Mesmer- weak everything, easy to kill, has very little ways to escape, low damage weak downed state, I see no future for this class.

in PvP

Posted by: Rika.7249

Rika.7249

1/ Necro – So much burst damage, even more diveristy. So many build options for this class.
2/ Ele – Damage really hard to avoid.
3/ Warrior – Super awesome sustaianed dps, weak burst and hard to avoid.
4/ Ranger – Strong skills, but do not function well with #1 spam.
5/ Engi – Strong power class, easy to learn aswell.
6/ Thief – Good for point holding and absorbing damage, can roam a little but not as good as necro.
7/ Guardian – Best when played as DPS but outshined by necro/ele.
8/ Mesmer- weak everything, easy to kill, has very little ways to escape, low damage weak downed state, I see no future for this class.

All dis trowlin!

in PvP

Posted by: Warmage Timeraider.5861

Warmage Timeraider.5861

At least my personal list of the proffs from the view of an condit engin:
1. Mesmer
2. Thief
3. Condition engineer
4. Bomb/grenade/kitusing engineer
5. All others

Problem with thiefs isnt dmg or anything.. But the fact that they always attack when ur defensive skill is on cooldown XD
Mesmers.. Well obvious, as cond single target dmg i cant kill the clones etc fast enough to be able to succesfully keep hitting the mesmer.. But ey, thats the sacrifise i had to make to defeat all other proffs

Timeraider- 80 Norn Elementalist – 80 Norn Engineer
epic-timeraider.weebly.com

in PvP

Posted by: IDICERI.4268

IDICERI.4268

Tier 1 being the strongest.

Tier 1

Mesmer
Thief
Guardian
Engineer

A good Mesmer vs a equally skilled guardian or thief will trump both.
A good Thief vs a equally skilled guardian means neither will die but the Guardian will hold the point.
A good Engineer can be a great offensive defender. If you dare to be over aggressive against an Engineer you will be punished for it.

Tier 2

Ranger
Elementalist
Necromancer

Tier 3

Warrior

Currently I feel warrior is slightly lacking in its abilities besides the Greatsword and even that isn’t hard to counter with stun breakers. Sword bleed works great as condition damage but only if opponents are not good at kiting.

Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world.
Einstein

in PvP

Posted by: Larynx.2453

Larynx.2453

At the moment, there’s no underpowered profession. Mesmers, thieves, and necros weren’t utilized much during the beta, but now two of those three are on almost every team.

It’s less a balance issue, and more an experience issue. The meta is only a month old. No one can really say, especially considering the massive differences between the builds of each profession. Sure, thieves might be ranked #1 according to you, but why? Because you repeatedly get destroyed by glass cannons? How is that reason to rank them as the best profession? Can they support, can they control, are they good at point defense, what about sustained damage, or conditions?

No, I doubt you’d be able to answer those questions in relation to every other build for every other profession.

Like the poster above me. Warriors can’t do anything besides greatsword builds? Exactly my point. Warriors have an amazing choice when it comes to building. The only thing they might lack is support. But want to know something? I’m probably wrong. I’m not going so far as to say warrior are great at support or have the ability to support. I’m saying we shouldn’t make any conclusion yet on the capabilities of each profession.

(edited by Larynx.2453)

in PvP

Posted by: Healingz R Us.7240

Healingz R Us.7240

Mesmer – Personally, I can never tell which one to hit.
Engineer – Good node defense as well as good damage.
Thief – Good damage but terribly easy to counter.
Elementalist – Unrivaled support while holding decent CC.
Guardian – Hold the Graveyard! Hold the Keep!
Necro – Only above warrior for their fear ability.
Warrior – Too easy to counter.

-Healy

in PvP

Posted by: Valk.4013

Valk.4013

1.) Skilled players will beat any non skilled player with whatever class they choose to play.

2.) Skilled players will beat any other skilled players with whatever class they choose to play.

3.) Non skilled players will make a list of op classes and all the other non skilled players hop on the band wagon.

in PvP

Posted by: mouse.1689

mouse.1689

At the moment, there’s no underpowered profession. Mesmers, thieves, and necros weren’t utilized much during the beta, but now two of those three are on almost every team.

That’s because mesmers and thieves received huge buffs two weeks before release. People didn’t just slowly learn to play those classes. They weren’t played much before because they sucked, and they’re played constantly now because they’re amazing.

As for necro, they didn’t receive significant changes before release, and coincidentally the masses haven’t magically learned to love them like they have mesmers and thieves. Odd, that.

in PvP

Posted by: Sprawl.3891

Sprawl.3891

This is not an OP to UP list, but just what classes bring the most to the table for pvp.

1. Thief (mobility, burst, stealth stomps etc.)
2. Guardian (rezzing, bunkering, knockdown spam etc.)
3. Mesmer (ability to cause chaos, treb porting)
4. Engineer (solid bunkering and support)
5. Ele (solid bunkering and support)
5. Ranger (mediocore dps, ok survivability/mobility)
6. Warrior (burst)
7. Necro (mediocore condition damage/support)

Sprawl – Necro – Eredon Terrace

in PvP

Posted by: Zetta.5102

Zetta.5102

Coming from the point-of-view of a fairly experienced Elementalist:

(Organized both left-to-right and top-to bottom)
1. Mesmer, Guardian=Thief
2. Warrior, Ranger=Necromancer=Engineer, Elementalist

Mesmers are the kings of 1v1. Even if you’re knowledgeable of the Mesmer’s skillset, they are still potent in this situation. In addition to this, Mesmers can bunker extremely well, even if specced for damage. These two things (1v1ing and bunkering) are arguably the most important parts of sPvP, and Mesmers do them both extremely well.

Guardians are the kings of bunkering and have tons of CC and Healing ability, supporting their entire team. Damage builds are still potent and have the ability to bunker, but not quite as well. They work well in any team setup, and multiple guardians is not a bad idea on most teams.

Thief tends to not do so well if the opposing player has defensive cooldowns up, but if said opposing player runs out of defensive cooldowns, there is nothing they can do to live. Their mobility with Bow is also absolutely absurd, and their teleport spell is multi-use and works to different vertical surfaces.

Warriors are tricky to place because of how many poorly played Warriors there are. However, in experienced hands, they are strong. They have plenty of CC with several weapon choices, and like Thieves, blow people up that are out of defensive cooldowns. A knowledgeable warrior will exhaust defensive cooldowns, and destroy the target with 100B. They also have lots of inherent vitality and toughness.

Rangers, Necromancers, and Engineers are quite potent in the right hands, but tend to have more of a learning curve than anything in tier 1, and they’re more limited build-wise. Their problem isn’t that they are underpowered, but rather that other classes are slightly overtuned at the moment.

Elementalists are not underpowered by any means (we can 1v1 fairly well, bunker fairly well, and support fairly well), and will certainly jump up this list as soon as a few key bugfixes happen. Ride The Lightning is a huge part of our game with several builds, and its bugfix will allow us to gap-close without gambling for our lives. The only other huge issue is our downed-state, which I’m sure others have touched on enough.

in PvP

Posted by: Detahmaio.2014

Detahmaio.2014

I’d have to go with this

1. Mesmer – A lot of escapes and good burst damage/ Low skill cap

2. Guradian – A lot of healing capability and a good amount of damage/ Low skill cap

3. Thief – To much burst potential and spammy abilities but very frail they don’t need haste/ Low skill cap

4. Ranger – With a bleed build there are just stupid to fight. Their auto attack shoots way to fast on a bow. Quickness-Rapid shot or shortbow auto attack is just insane and that beast enrage makes them able to unload with full buffs and stability./ Medium skill cap the quickness is just silly for any professsion imo.

5. Warrior – Is just a debuffed guardian but has good damage potential and snares. Quickness and 100 blades combo is just silly I don’t mind 100 blades as a attack tho if you can setup correctly but with quickness that’s dumb./Medium skill cap

6. Elementalist – Very frail and has to work 10x harder than most professions to achieve equal results. The only issue I have with ele is they need extreme set up and must build glass cannon or else you won’t be able to get anything done. might need some bug fixes to fix that/high skill cap

7. Necromancer – They are just bad there is no reason to bring a necro before any other profession they do poor damage, can’t stack conditions well but have decent survivability but they might be better after bug fixes./ High skill cap

remember this is just all IMO.

I rarely run into engineers or fight them so I can’t list them.

(edited by Detahmaio.2014)