Inb4 Ventari Rev ruins expansion launch

in PvP

Posted by: NotASmurf.1725

NotASmurf.1725

Calling it now. New specs don’t really have access to stability and ventari rev will be fullcapping points even if 5 enemies are around (in a 5v5), yet again a bunker build’s going to destroy the expansion launch season and suck the fun out of playing the game. No build should be able to spam AoE knockbacks every 3-5 seconds that happen to heal for ~20k and cleanse conditions.

Anet seems to have learned nothing from season 1 or the era of decap engis.

If only a healthy state of combat was something they even remotely cared about..

in PvP

Posted by: Freedj.8650

Freedj.8650

That build does nearly 0 damage, has almost no stability of its own, and is far more susceptible to condi damage than you imply. It has an extremely specific niche and roll, and it would help if you learned to play around it rather than flame on the forums.
I do think the build needs some adjustment, but so does your attitude and criticism of it.

in PvP

Posted by: NotASmurf.1725

NotASmurf.1725

That build does nearly 0 damage, has almost no stability of its own, and is far more susceptible to condi damage than you imply. It has an extremely specific niche and roll, and it would help if you learned to play around it rather than flame on the forums.
I do think the build needs some adjustment, but so does your attitude and criticism of it.

Last time I checked taking points is what made you win in Conquest, not topping the damage meters – that’s PvE. Almost no stability of its own? It gets 2 stacks from dodging, even if that has a 8 second CD that’s very strong.

Play around LUL I’m not someone who lost a match against it and got mad, I played that build more than anything in last season, I know firsthand just how toxic this kitten is.

But sure let’s pretend 3 second CD AoE knockbacks are fine, the game for sure needs more of those. When PoF launch tuns out to be a failure yet again because some 0 fun broken build went unchecked and the gamemode dies I hope you’ll still keep chating “everything’s fine everything’s fine”

in PvP

Freedj.8650

I said it needed adjustment. And good players don’t even take the trait you referenced for stability. I don’t think in it’s current state it’s great either, but you are having a massive over reaction to a build that is pretty straightforward to play around. To draw another engi comparison, turret engi. The bane of anything below a mediocre players’ existence. It’s basically a hyper specialized version of that.

in PvP

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Scourge seems pretty suited to breaking a Ventari bunker, since shades can’t be knocked back.

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

in PvP

Posted by: Trevor Boyer.6524

Trevor Boyer.6524

The problem with Ventari occurred when they nerfed stability intra-class wide and added too much freecast boon removal on sigils effects, which makes it very easy to strip the little stability that the classes provide. The problem with Ventari Rev will only worsen when PoF releases because the sources of boon removal will double if not triple. Stability boons will become negligent, stun breaks will be the only reliable method of escaping CC “which there aren’t enough of” and the game’s meta will become tilted towards CC and DPS. This will make Ventari Rev a powerful assist on point for the purposes of setting up team bursting and/or mitigating enemy bursting with it’s perpetual AoE CC effects. It’s ability to stop bursting before it happens is in every way equal to or greater than Auramancer healing.

But the real culprit of the problem here, is too much boon removal and the nerf to pulsing stabilities. Now there is no class that can stand in the Ventari’s face long enough to deal damage to it, let alone even keep a node contested against it to begin with. It’s also ridiculous that the AoE CC spam has instant animation which provides little to no counterplay. They really need to increase the cast time of the CC and add some tell of animation for players to be able to work with against the CC play.

I use the name Barbie on all of my characters.

in PvP

Posted by: Ramoth.9064

Ramoth.9064

Lol tablets vs shades, i wonder who will come out on top

in PvP

Freedj.8650

The problem with Ventari occurred when they nerfed stability intra-class wide and added too much freecast boon removal on sigils effects, which makes it very easy to strip the little stability that the classes provide. The problem with Ventari Rev will only worsen when PoF releases because the sources of boon removal will double if not triple. Stability boons will become negligent, stun breaks will be the only reliable method of escaping CC “which there aren’t enough of” and the game’s meta will become tilted towards CC and DPS. This will make Ventari Rev a powerful assist on point for the purposes of setting up team bursting and/or mitigating enemy bursting with it’s perpetual AoE CC effects. It’s ability to stop bursting before it happens is in every way equal to or greater than Auramancer healing.

But the real culprit of the problem here, is too much boon removal and the nerf to pulsing stabilities. Now there is no class that can stand in the Ventari’s face long enough to deal damage to it, let alone even keep a node contested against it to begin with. It’s also ridiculous that the AoE CC spam has instant animation which provides little to no counterplay. They really need to increase the cast time of the CC and add some tell of animation for players to be able to work with against the CC play.

I tend to agree with pretty much everything listed here. And scourge in its most recent state is pretty devastating to ventari. But that whole spec seemed kind of grossly overtuned. But time will tell.

in PvP

Posted by: CutesySylveon.8290

CutesySylveon.8290

Calling it now. New specs don’t really have access to stability and ventari rev will be fullcapping points even if 5 enemies are around (in a 5v5), yet again a bunker build’s going to destroy the expansion launch season and suck the fun out of playing the game. No build should be able to spam AoE knockbacks every 3-5 seconds that happen to heal for ~20k and cleanse conditions.

If only a healthy state of combat was something they even remotely cared about..

Okay, yes the build is cheesy and annoying, and I agree it needs to be changed a bit, but how about toning down on the nonsense.

The main issue here is the knockback, not the healing, which doesn’t do 20k or anything near it every 3-5 sec, and by spamming the tablet shatter, the condi cleanse you get is even less than if you banked energy or just used the other cleanse. PvP is going to be a broken mess with all the new elites running around anyway, so stop acting like this cheesy one trick build is going to break the game when there are going to be much bigger priorities soon.

in PvP

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Since the knockback means they have to swap legends or have no energy for cleansing (I’m aware said knockback provides some cleansing)?

It will be interesting, but if they’re honestly trying for knockback spam, I can’t see the Rev coming out on top.

I’m a Geeleiver

in PvP

Posted by: Ramoth.9064

Ramoth.9064

Since the knockback means they have to swap legends or have no energy for cleansing (I’m aware said knockback provides some cleansing)?

It will be interesting, but if they’re honestly trying for knockback spam, I can’t see the Rev coming out on top.

Well, my question was said in sarcasm, I don’t think the tablet will win at all

in PvP

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Well, my question was said in sarcasm, I don’t think the tablet will win at all

Fair. In my defense, sarcasm is not well translated through text alone.

I’m a Geeleiver

in PvP

Posted by: Kuya.6495

Kuya.6495

Aside from shades not being cc’able so a scourge can just stand off point and let the rev die, firebrand also has a bonanza of stability that can pretty much keep a ventari rev from ever knocking anyone off.

in PvP

Posted by: Syktek.7912

Syktek.7912

A one trick pony is gonna ruin a game because I’m bad and don’t know how to power spike :<

Vesper Dawnshield | Guardian

in PvP

Posted by: Amityel.5324

Amityel.5324

ventari rev is easy to cc and then burst him while cced……power mesmer is great to kill him……also heavy condi classes can make it like necro, engi, mallyx rev maybe. it cant be 1vs1 like any bunker in this game…..dunno why all whine about this build when good ventari revs dont even spam kb but keep energy to heal their allies and remove condies to actually support mainly…..if you cant kill ventari rev who has no energy after exploding tablet all the time to decap….its just l2p issue

in PvP

Posted by: Trevor Boyer.6524

Trevor Boyer.6524

Amityel, you’re talking the difference between when it is team supporting and when it is 1v1 taking a node. Of course it team supports in a team fight. But when 1v1 on a node, it will always win the node, doesn’t matter what it’s against. A good Ventari isn’t so easily killed by anything. It saves it’s CCs to stop bursts, not just decap.

Conquest is about taking nodes. Ventari is too powerful at this on side nodes.
The AoE CC needs a slight nerf.

I use the name Barbie on all of my characters.

in PvP

Kuya.6495

I would like to see the kb removed actually, and replaced with something more supportive like aoe invulnerability for your team. Might make it a better support/healer and give it some use in pve too. It would need higher energy cost though or a higher cooldown. Has to be well balanced so we don’t get a repeat of season 1 well of precog though.

in PvP

Posted by: zealex.9410

zealex.9410

Have you seen firebrand?

in PvP

Posted by: Odik.4587

Odik.4587

in PvP

Posted by: Vitali.5039

Vitali.5039

Enjoyable video, sadly seem they don’t know how to deal with the build..
“They are probably rated higher and are likely better than you”
Worst Executioner’s Scythe Ever

in PvP

Posted by: Erzian.5218

Erzian.5218

It is funny how the build sees no or next to no play in EU. I encountered it only two or three times over the course of 4 seasons. Once it died to reaper, once it lost the cap vs lb druid. Perhaps it becomes worse when players are better.

(edited by Erzian.5218)

in PvP

Posted by: Lord Velar.1509

Lord Velar.1509

Are you people real? Like seriously

You really believe that a ventari rev is going to withstand the new specs damage?

Did you even play the pvp beta cause I feel like you didn’t

Know what, if you see a ventari rev survive a dead eye, scourge, or mirage

Then ill come back here and tell you you were right lmao…oh wait….that’s never happening

in PvP

Posted by: zHasgard.9827

zHasgard.9827

You got top 10 by doing nothing, playing the most dumb build in this game atm, and all tablet revs run stab trait zzzz " It has an extremely specific niche and roll, and it would help if you learned to play around it " Please, all that rev tablet do is troll the game and make ppl angry, there’s no way to play around it since you can move and go to the team fights, you always gonna be there to win the game 1v5 cuz you have INFINITIVE HEALS and KNOCKBACK 450 RANGE EVERY 2 SECONDS. This build is just not supposed to be in the game since spvp is about capture points.

(edited by zHasgard.9827)

in PvP

Freedj.8650

You got top 10 by doing nothing, playing the most dumb build in this game atm, and all tablet revs run stab trait zzzz " It has an extremely specific niche and roll, and it would help if you learned to play around it " Please, all that rev tablet do is troll the game and make ppl angry, there’s no way to play around it since you can move and go to the team fights, you always gonna be there to win the game 1v5 cuz you have INFINITIVE HEALS and KNOCKBACK 450 RANGE EVERY 2 SECONDS. This build is just not supposed to be in the game since spvp is about capture points.

Fun fact, zHasgard typed this entire post using the pressure from his tears hitting the keyboard.

in PvP

Posted by: Blood.5607

Blood.5607

Fun fact, zHasgard typed this entire post using the pressure from his tears hitting the keyboard.

Would like to point out, zHasgard, ventari rev doesnt have infinitive healing, and the knockback is more like 4 secondas (more effcetful if you move tablet while exploding it). Im in legendary T2 currently and ive been playing the build both at its selfish level and team-fight capabilities, its an alternative ele. It has its pros/cons to it in team fight. So i wouldnt say this build “shouldnt exist”. The only adjusting it would need at all is only around the knokback.

Power Rev Main (But Ventari best)|Wanting to Buy Gift of Masteries + 77 clovers for 700g! Pm me

in PvP

Posted by: SolarDragon.7063

SolarDragon.7063

The knockback is kind of cancer, going to be honest. No idea if it’s good or not but it should get altered in PvP because it’s unfun to face.

in PvP

Posted by: Daharahj.1325

Daharahj.1325

Tablet rev is going to get annihilated by deadeyes.

in PvP

Kuya.6495

doesn’t ventari have a projectile denial? unless you meant a deadeye plus another dpser.

in PvP

Posted by: messiah.1908

messiah.1908

when ranger have the point hardly any class try to steal it from him. so nerf him

if rev steal the point just send necro with scepter AA can kill him with poison and bleed and torment. especially when he use the kb with no nrg. also send +1 thief. not sustain dmg like engi.

if enemy team send sustain dmg against me its easy to hold the point. but if its thief or power mesmer + necro or warrior etc.. its much harder

i know kb are annoying. i also wanted it to be like 30 nrg and cleanse 3 conditions with 5 sec cd.

but remember. LB ranger with immobilize also could decap the point. also guard with shield and scepter immobilize can do so.

in PvP

messiah.1908

Tablet rev is going to get annihilated by deadeyes.

in 1v1 no chance due to blocks and projectile denied.

in PvP

Posted by: zHasgard.9827

zHasgard.9827

Would like to point out, zHasgard, ventari rev doesnt have infinitive healing, and the knockback is more like 4 secondas (more effcetful if you move tablet while exploding it). Im in legendary T2 currently and ive been playing the build both at its selfish level and team-fight capabilities, its an alternative ele. It has its pros/cons to it in team fight. So i wouldnt say this build “shouldnt exist”. The only adjusting it would need at all is only around the knokback.

“Hey broo,it’s not 2 secs, you need to pop your heal skill and gain infinite protection and then you can knocancer ppls,but it takes 4 SECS =D it is balanced - . " lol please, alternative ele,really? Legend t2? With this build you should be in fkng Uranus

in PvP

Posted by: Khaoscell.3641

Khaoscell.3641

This build is outrageously over powered and ruining pvp for me at least. As someone who bounces from top 100 to right outside 250 depending on the day, I know I am subjectively good at the game despite what some nay sayers will say about rank so its not a “your bad l2p” thing its this build is OP thing

in PvP

Posted by: orisci.6527

orisci.6527

It is a L2P issue…. A bunk rev can be 1v1ed and killed. I hear a lot of complaining, that you can’t just use the same old tactics for a new type of enemy.

in PvP

Posted by: Impendingdoom.5401

Impendingdoom.5401

all of this… I feel you’re just bad if you QQ about a class/spec rather than view it like the above comment

in PvP

Kuya.6495

Was fighting against a ventari rev last night. he tried to keep our home and tie up as many of us as possible. fortunately our thf, war and dh were aware of what vent rev does and called for us to rotate around it. our necro was slow to catch on and kept trying to 1v1 it. after a few seconds of yelling at him, he relented and followed our lead.

when the rev went to our home, we would ignore him and take far. when he responded by going mid, our thf would decap home or full cap it and we’d take the team battle to far or stay at mid, if rev left to home, we’d outnumber mid and win.

was very satisfying how we shut that cheese down.

in PvP

messiah.1908

Was fighting against a ventari rev last night. he tried to keep our home and tie up as many of us as possible. fortunately our thf, war and dh were aware of what vent rev does and called for us to rotate around it. our necro was slow to catch on and kept trying to 1v1 it. after a few seconds of yelling at him, he relented and followed our lead.

when the rev went to our home, we would ignore him and take far. when he responded by going mid, our thf would decap home or full cap it and we’d take the team battle to far or stay at mid, if rev left to home, we’d outnumber mid and win.

was very satisfying how we shut that cheese down.

daamn shut up and dont tell how to play around this build. common

in PvP

Posted by: Eversor.5186

Eversor.5186

git gud and stop playing meta kitten

in PvP

Kuya.6495

Just won a match where we got carried by a ventari rev. Of course, it didn’t help that our ele was a staff fresh air ele and our warrior was running riffle.

in PvP

Posted by: Eversor.5186

Eversor.5186

just won a match as ventari/mallyx but didn’t helped at all that my thief was dual pistols and melting everyone