Incoming huge buff to warriors

in PvP

Posted by: JinDaVikk.7291

JinDaVikk.7291

By technically I mean that we are giving some nice changes to ele but there is so much going into that patch that trying to gauge the meta or what will be strong/too stronk/weak/too weak is just not possible right now.

I’ll say that internally staff Ele has turned out to be strong, scary strong against condi meta. The glass cannon specs seem to be unchanged but the tankier dps specs have seen substantial improvements. Enough? Arguable. At least ele will now bring the cleanse support it has needed. Will the Signet of Resto change be enough to make it super strong? Arguable, but it’s definitely a viable option now. Do you want to lose the cleanse from ether renewal? Probably not.. but dagger specs see a nice sustain boost from using RS. Additionally, our changes has brought a new role to ele and it’s one hell of a role! I’m sure plenty of people will have tons of fun messing around with what they can do on ele now.

Regardless, it’s just really hard to say where ele will stand on the tier chart in PvP with double on swap sigils coming in alone. This might over scale certain specs into godliness while bringing other classes up to par at the same time. We will have to see the implications of what a bunch of stacked up hydromancy, energy, battle, and geomancy sigils do to the tides of battles. Every single class has such drastic improvements to sustain through this that it makes glass cannon specs stand up stronger against foes, at the same time it allows full tank builds to bring out more damage while supporting their group. There is a lot more might flying around. With warrior 5 second weapon swaps, they can utilize 4 different on swap sigils as compared to what most classes can do with 2.

It’s just difficult to gauge at this point with so much happening. I really wish we could speak about what else is changing, but hopefully time flies quickly and we can deliver the news asap. Ele will however, be in a better place than it was I assure you.

This was just posted by Powerr in the ele thread.

GG balance, just confirmed A-net doesn’t care about more buffs to warriors. Geez balance will never be even close.

Sigh

Team Radioactive
Crysis, Lil Damage, Ovi, Jindavikk, Guard
Causing cancer all day.

in PvP

Posted by: Ryld.1340

Ryld.1340

“I’ll say that internally staff Ele has turned out to be strong, scary strong against condi meta. "

How. Really, how?

Let’s just take a look at all these competitive teams running Elementalist with Sta-. Oh? There isn’t any? Drat.

in PvP

Posted by: gesho.9468

gesho.9468

there was huge thread by lordrosiky on this. no dev response. i hope there will be drop-in ladt minute war nerf in the patch. signet nerf is nthing, pin down, okay, offers some intelligent counter for kiting. but overall, war will be top tier of health, toughness, healing, damage and control (top, or one of the top in each category), that is – crazy op.

in PvP

Posted by: zone.1073

zone.1073

there was huge thread by lordrosiky on this. no dev response. i hope there will be drop-in ladt minute war nerf in the patch. signet nerf is nthing, pin down, okay, offers some intelligent counter for kiting. but overall, war will be top tier of health, toughness, healing, damage and control (top, or one of the top in each category), that is – crazy op.

Play a warrior in arenas and you’ll understand why they need to be tough and have a sturdy body.

Take away their damage? They become guardian copies. Take away their tankiness? They become thieves.

in PvP

Posted by: Gmtsai.6349

Gmtsai.6349

“I’ll say that internally staff Ele has turned out to be strong, scary strong against condi meta. "

How. Really, how?

Let’s just take a look at all these competitive teams running Elementalist with Sta-. Oh? There isn’t any? Drat.

are you high bro? best team in NA runs one staff ele. The ele’s name “Chubz”

in PvP

Posted by: DiogoSilva.7089

DiogoSilva.7089

If the 5 second weapon swap for warriors is intended, anf if warriors really are going to get double power from sigils, it’ll be impossible to balance them. Anet should seriously take a look at this. Warriors will be so broken (more than what they already are), that Anet will be forced to balance them around double swap sigil effectiveness. And by doing so, Warriors will be pidgeonholed to those sigils, and everything else will get indirectly nerfed to unviable status.

The risk of Anet reaching a dead end and putting themselves at an impossible scenario to balance for is quite high, if not ever almost garanteed, for the warrior. A solution should be considered and priotized to prevent that scenario.

in PvP

Posted by: ronpierce.2760

ronpierce.2760

Play a warrior in arenas and you’ll understand why they need to be tough and have a sturdy body.

Take away their damage? They become guardian copies. Take away their tankiness? They become thieves.

Yes, so lets make the ultimate GUARDIANTHIEF, best of both worlds, balance.

High Warlord Sikari (80 Reaper) / Lord Siekron (80 DH)
Warlord Sikari (80 Scrapper)

in PvP

Posted by: Brigg.6189

Brigg.6189

Funny, but he is kinda right. Playing war without sustain, condi clears, or stealth was/is difficult. Warrior was in a bad place for a long time, seems like everyone immediately forgot that after healing signet was overtuned.

I agree with the op/powerr though, adding more sigil swap bonuses to warrior is a little scary. I certainly know what spec I’ll be trying first when the changes hit.

in PvP

Posted by: Gmtsai.6349

Gmtsai.6349

In my opinion the sigil changes and the balance of this game will be good if the following conditions are going to happen:

Warriors:
1. Remove/Nerf Cleansing Ire Trait
2. Keep Healing Signet as powerful as it is right now.
3.. Move “Berserker’s Power” and “Highten Focus” back to Adept Trait.
– In order to move these traits:
-Move “Physical Training” from Master to Grandmaster, and buff this trait. (Strength)
-Move “Trill of the Kill” from Adept to Grandmaster, big buff to this trait. (Discipline)

Thief:
1. Nerf initiative point basic regain back to original speed. (Before Dec. 10, 2013 patch)

Necromancer:
1. Remove Dhuumfire trait, nerf Signet of Spite.
2. Keep Nercomancer’s sustainability as it is right now.

Engineer:
1. Big nerf Incendiary Powder.
2. Increase Healing Turrent’s Cool down.
3. Nerf Automated Response from 100% to 50%.
4. Increase all the CC skills’ Cool Down.

Ranger:
1. Nerf all the aspect of Spirit Ranger.
2. Remove the evade effect from Stalker’s Strike (Dagger #4)
3. Decrease Serpent’s Strike’s evade duration.
4. Decrease Spirit of Natural’s HP.
5. Give Ranger Pet’s basic damage back to original. (Back before when BM ranger exist).

Elementalist:
(Overall Ele looks good after next patch).

Mesmer: Stay the same.

Guardian: Stay the same.

(edited by Gmtsai.6349)

in PvP

Posted by: Phaeton.9582

Phaeton.9582

They’re talking about removing the 5sec ICD from cleansing water or whatever it’s called.. that’s huge for ele balance and would provide major team wide cleansing on staff builds.

Not to mention water trident now too… could be very interesting….

No need for ether renewal then too

Phaatonn, London UK

in PvP

Posted by: Alkaholic.3875

Alkaholic.3875

Doesn’t this apply to engie and eles?

in PvP

Posted by: Gallrvaghn.4921

Gallrvaghn.4921

Based on his argument, you’re spot on dude. Guardianthief. Hmmmm. I like the sound of that.

“The boss you just killed respawns ten minutes
later. It doesn’t care that I’m there.”

in PvP

Posted by: ronpierce.2760

ronpierce.2760

Based on his argument, you’re spot on dude. Guardianthief. Hmmmm. I like the sound of that.

Guardianthief new meta. Good luck everyone.

High Warlord Sikari (80 Reaper) / Lord Siekron (80 DH)
Warlord Sikari (80 Scrapper)

in PvP

Posted by: infantrydiv.1620

infantrydiv.1620

How. Really, how?

Oh wait… Apex took a staff ele all the way to the finals of the last major tournament.

Ranger//Necro

in PvP

Posted by: cuge.5398

cuge.5398

Are there news about skill changes ? where are these ?

in PvP

Posted by: Sol.4310

Sol.4310

Warrior – 4 Sigils = every 9 seconds 2 will proc on weapon swap.
Ranger – 4 Sigils = every 10 seconds 2 will proc on weapon swap.
Thief – 4 Sigils = every 10 seconds 2 will proc on weapon swap.
Necro – 4 Sigils = every 10 seconds 2 will proc on weapon swap.
Mesmer – 4 Sigils = every 10 seconds 2 will proc on weapon swap.

Engi – 2 Sigils = every 10 seconds 2 will proc on weapon swap.
Ele – 2 Sigils = every 10 seconds 2 will proc on weapon swap.

Sigil = 9 second internal cool-down.

So if a Warrior has 4 Different Sigil’s all having there own internal cool-downs before you can use that same type sigil again, wouldn’t change anything they still going to have to wait the 9 second cool-down before that sigil will proc again. So if anything they will work same as every other class just they can swap every 9 seconds compared to everyone else whom has to wait 10 seconds.

If I’ve missed something here please let me know, but going off these fact’s I can’t see how Warriors will be any better with Sigil’s then they currently are.

Saizo Sol – Ranger
Twitch – Aussie Streamer

in PvP

Posted by: Ganathar.4956

Ganathar.4956

So if a Warrior has 4 Different Sigil’s all having there own internal cool-downs before you can use that same type sigil again, wouldn’t change anything they still going to have to wait the 9 second cool-down before that sigil will proc again. So if anything they will work same as every other class just they can swap every 9 seconds compared to everyone else whom has to wait 10 seconds.

If I’ve missed something here please let me know, but going off these fact’s I can’t see how Warriors will be any better with Sigil’s then they currently are.

Google GW2 “fast hands” and look at the first result.

in PvP

Ryld.1340

Each Sigil has it’s own ICD, not even sharing by types anymore. So say a Warrior has two on-swap (Battle and Geo) on one set, and two on another (Hydro and Leech). He starts combat, then swaps weapons. Battle and Geo activate and go on 9s CD. Then 5 seconds later, he swaps again. Hydro and Leech go on 9s and Battle and Geo are now kitten seconds later, he swaps again. Battle and Geo are off CD and now Hydro and Leech are 4s.

Get it? They get double the effect compared to someone else with double the CD for weapon swap.

in PvP

Posted by: Liza.2758

Liza.2758

Each Sigil has it’s own ICD, not even sharing by types anymore. So say a Warrior has two on-swap (Battle and Geo) on one set, and two on another (Hydro and Leech). He starts combat, then swaps weapons. Battle and Geo activate and go on 9s CD. Then 5 seconds later, he swaps again. Hydro and Leech go on 9s and Battle and Geo are now kitten seconds later, he swaps again. Battle and Geo are off CD and now Hydro and Leech are 4s.

Get it? They get double the effect compared to someone else with double the CD for weapon swap.

well that makes sense but im not sure putting all kind of sigils on 4 weapons will be very effective to make such a big deal.

currently you can also get Doom every 5 sec while other class needs 10 sec
. I don’t see any big deal

in PvP

Ryld.1340

well that makes sense but im not sure putting all kind of sigils on 4 weapons will be very effective to make such a big deal.

currently you can also get Doom every 5 sec while other class needs 10 sec
. I don’t see any big deal

Imagine Chill, 3 Stacks of Might, Energy, and perhaps Leeching. Each one happening every 10 seconds.

in PvP

Sol.4310

Cool that sounds right, yeah I can’t see this being major problem if a Warrior want’s to Swap weapons every 5 seconds I say let him it anything makes it easy for me.

A warrior that Spam’s is easier to beat then Warrior that waits to use his skills, which means there going to be waiting same amount of time as everyone else.

Balance won’t be thrown out the window if anything your going to get more stupid Warriors.

Saizo Sol – Ranger
Twitch – Aussie Streamer

in PvP

zone.1073

Why shouldn’t warriors have powerful weapons? They are designed to be masters of weaponry.

in PvP

zone.1073

You mean the fact that warriors are less tanky, offer less team support, and are incapable of bunkering like a guardian can, and they do less damage, have less flexibility, and are less slippery than a thief? Ok.

The only thing going for warriors is their handful of good weapons that do cool things in combination with traits, and a heal that makes them feel less like wet toilet paper. Longbow is cool. Hammer is cool. Sword is cool. That’s it.

(edited by zone.1073)

in PvP

Sol.4310

You mean the fact that warriors are less tanky, offer less team support, and are incapable of bunkering like a guardian can, and they do less damage, have less flexibility, and are less slippery than a thief? Ok.

The only thing going for warriors is their handful of good weapons that do cool things in combination with traits, and a heal that makes them feel less like wet toilet paper. Longbow is cool. Hammer is cool. Sword is cool. That’s it.

Yet Warriors are the best class in the game atm.

Saizo Sol – Ranger
Twitch – Aussie Streamer

in PvP

Posted by: Empathetic Fighter.2065

Empathetic Fighter.2065

Well, this message was a clear statement to the PvP-Crowd. Development shows pure incapability of balancing and lack of basic understanding of PvP. A reason why my guild stopped playing this game. It’s a complete waste of time.

Read It Backwards [BooN]

in PvP

Posted by: Frenk.5917

Frenk.5917

The scenario is this one:

SET A: energy and leeching
SET B: hydromancy and geomancy

Swaps

• the combat begins: A —> B, hydromancy and geomancy proc, they go 9 second cooldown, SET A goes on a 5 second cooldown
  • 5 seconds later: B —> A, energy and leeching proc, they go on 9 seconds cooldown, hydromancy and geomancy are now on a 4 seconds cooldown
  • 5 seconds later: A —> B, hydromancy and geomancy cooldown has ended, they can proc again. Energy and leeching are on a 4 seconds cooldown
  • 5 seconds later (15 seconds after the fight started): B —> A, energy and leeching proc again. Hydromancy and Leeching are on a 4 seconds cooldown.

Repeat.

Frenk – EU
All is vain

in PvP

Posted by: Terravos.4059

Terravos.4059

In my opinion the sigil changes and the balance of this game will be good if the following conditions are going to happen:

Warriors:
1. Remove/Nerf Cleansing Ire Trait
2. Keep Healing Signet as powerful as it is right now.
3.. Move “Berserker’s Power” and “Highten Focus” back to Adept Trait.
– In order to move these traits:
-Move “Physical Training” from Master to Grandmaster, and buff this trait. (Strength)
-Move “Trill of the Kill” from Adept to Grandmaster, big buff to this trait. (Discipline)

Thief:
1. Nerf initiative point basic regain back to original speed. (Before Dec. 10, 2013 patch)

Necromancer:
1. Remove Dhuumfire trait, nerf Signet of Spite.
2. Keep Nercomancer’s sustainability as it is right now.

Engineer:
1. Big nerf Incendiary Powder.
2. Increase Healing Turrent’s Cool down.
3. Nerf Automated Response from 100% to 50%.
4. Increase all the CC skills’ Cool Down.

Ranger:
1. Nerf all the aspect of Spirit Ranger.
2. Remove the evade effect from Stalker’s Strike (Dagger #4)
3. Decrease Serpent’s Strike’s evade duration.
4. Decrease Spirit of Natural’s HP.
5. Give Ranger Pet’s basic damage back to original. (Back before when BM ranger exist).

Elementalist:
(Overall Ele looks good after next patch).

Mesmer: Stay the same.

Guardian: Stay the same.

So…

Remove any reason to run a ranger in SPvP (nerfing Spirit)
Break pretty much every decent Build a Ranger has (The Gutting of Sword/Dagger)
Top it off by reversing a Nerf they got in the first place because Bads thought that you shouldn’t have to fear the Pet from a Pet Class, but which is now moot as you’ve killed all their specs

I like your style.

grin

http://www.youtube.com/user/Xsorus/videos?view=0
Xsorus – Ranger PvP movies Creator of the BM Bunker

in PvP

Posted by: candlecan.9827

candlecan.9827

Does this surprise anyone? How is this news?

People were calling this right after the ready up when they announced it.

You guys have fun pointing out the obvious to A-Net over and over again. It seems like its working.

http://i3.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/540/685/b1d.png

in PvP

Posted by: mimec.6719

mimec.6719

Gnarlie Sheen was here….

in PvP

Posted by: Gallrvaghn.4921

Gallrvaghn.4921

The word “cool” in those sentences can be replaced with “easy mode” and it makes more sense.

“The boss you just killed respawns ten minutes
later. It doesn’t care that I’m there.”

in PvP

Posted by: Sweetbread.2679

Sweetbread.2679

What? People actually expected Anet to not completely kitten up something in a way that benefits warriors above all other classes? Why are we even hoping that these people aren’t completely incompetent at this point. We all KNOW it’s going to break warriors even more and we all KNOW it’s going to take them 3-4 months at least to fix it. Why even bother?

in PvP

Posted by: candlecan.9827

candlecan.9827

What? People actually expected Anet to not completely kitten up something in a way that benefits warriors above all other classes? Why are we even hoping that these people aren’t completely incompetent at this point. We all KNOW it’s going to break warriors even more and we all KNOW it’s going to take them 3-4 months at least to fix it. Why even bother?

You must be new here

in PvP

Posted by: Lord Hammer Hand.4815

Lord Hammer Hand.4815

staff ele strong if played right, like powerr said its scary.

Pacific Islander Legion [NoyP]
Black Gate
Ruthless Legend