Increasing Players on Stronghold

in PvP

Posted by: Luthic.7290

Luthic.7290

Next beta weeknd even I would request ANET to at least try raising the player cap of Stronghold to either 8v8 or 10v10 (with npcs scaled accordingly).

I think the map would be more enjoyable and a more balanced overall. The map is already very large and could easily support the added members.

Just wondering about everyones thoughts about the 5 man player cap in stronghold ( or in pvp in general)

(edited by Luthic.7290)

in PvP

Posted by: Entenkommando.5208

Entenkommando.5208

It may be quite interesting.
But they’d have to massively buff the npc’s cuz I highly doubt that a door breaker will reach the door against 8 or even 10 players.

R.I.P Kodasch Allianz [KoA]

All we wanted was a GvG.

in PvP

Posted by: Jaxom.7310

Jaxom.7310

i’d like to see it given a try. currently the matches are just xtra boringggzzzzzzzzzz

in PvP

Posted by: runeblade.7514

runeblade.7514

But they’d have to massively buff the npc’s cuz I highly doubt that a door breaker will reach the door against 8 or even 10 players.

No, NPC should not be buffed. It should be the team’s duty to keep them alive.

5x Warrior, 5x Ranger, 4x Elementalist, 4x Engineer,
4x Necromancer, 3x Mesmer, 4x Guardian, 4x Thief, 4 Revenant

in PvP

Posted by: Entenkommando.5208

Entenkommando.5208

Normally I’d agree on that but those npc’s are just way too squishy.
With this amount of players all you need is 2 mesmers perma stealthing and shattering them down out of nowhere… Or make it 3 for literally infinite stealth.

R.I.P Kodasch Allianz [KoA]

All we wanted was a GvG.

in PvP

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

I like the idea. There would likely be more stalemates, BUT way more PvP which is missing from that map

in PvP

Posted by: runeblade.7514

runeblade.7514

Normally I’d agree on that but those npc’s are just way too squishy.
With this amount of players all you need is 2 mesmers perma stealthing and shattering them down out of nowhere… Or make it 3 for literally infinite stealth.

Buffing them will make it impossible for one player to take them down.

5x Warrior, 5x Ranger, 4x Elementalist, 4x Engineer,
4x Necromancer, 3x Mesmer, 4x Guardian, 4x Thief, 4 Revenant

in PvP

Posted by: Puck.9612

Puck.9612

I just wish they would straight copy fort aspenwood from GW1. It was the same idea but it was so much more fun.

Jim Hunter when my other account isn’t suspended

in PvP

Luthic.7290

I like the idea. There would likely be more stalemates, BUT way more PvP which is missing from that map

One option would be to implement a system where the npcs scale over time( like reduced % total dmg taken) so even after 10 mins, killing door breakers and/or killing heros becomes a real effort . Then eventually someone would have to win when the npcs get to the point where it becomes too much for the people to take down. (make it so the enemy npcs (guards) still do normal damage.

This might help with the stalemate issue that might arise from more players. I too dislike the game ending without the lord dying.

(edited by Luthic.7290)

in PvP

Posted by: Copestetic.5174

Copestetic.5174

I just wish they would straight copy fort aspenwood from GW1. It was the same idea but it was so much more fun.

Fort Aspenwood was so much fun. Not as fun as GvG, but it was where I went when I wasn’t doing anything else.

5v5 is a little boring on Stronghold. At least let us try 8v8 in a future beta weekend to let us players actually decide something. You know, the ones paying you guys for content we’d like to play.

in PvP

Posted by: The Wizland.8435

The Wizland.8435

I think 6v6 would work best. 8v8 sounds a bit too much, I already had plenty of encounters with enemy players in it’s current state. There are already goals that force people to fight each other.

Jesusmancer

in PvP

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

This is pretty much spot on, the only way I can see more PvP happening in this map is for more players to be used.

I think 6v6 would work best. 8v8 sounds a bit too much, I already had plenty of encounters with enemy players in it’s current state. There are already goals that force people to fight each other.

6v6 is 1 more than we have currently, it would make no difference.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

in PvP

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

Fort Aspenwood was so much fun. Not as fun as GvG, but it was where I went when I wasn’t doing anything else.

Its amazing how they had so many good ideas in GW1 that they refuse to transfer to GW2.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

in PvP

Posted by: witcher.3197

witcher.3197

It’s already too chaotic and PvE oriented. The last thing we need is more brainless zerging. There’s WvW for that.

in PvP

Posted by: witcher.3197

witcher.3197

Its amazing how they had so many good ideas in GW1 that they refuse to transfer to GW2.

Because they always want to come up with something new, and they’d rather see their game fail than give up being “innovative” just once.

in PvP

Luthic.7290

It’s already too chaotic and PvE oriented. The last thing we need is more brainless zerging. There’s WvW for that.

their is nothing wrong with the objective oriented pvp. but i think this is absolutely not brainless zerging. if anything thats what it is now because a team can just shove to the end. Adding more players can allow for defense without needing to commit your entire team to it. You can actually split your team up between offence, defense, and objectives.