Intelligent match making algorithm

in PvP

Posted by: Hitman.5829

Hitman.5829

I am tired of getting in a rank match just to find out that my team sucks. In the end of the game when the stats show up, I am the only the one that makes the most contribution to everything (I swear to god, I ALWAYS do the most contribution based on the statistics)

I have always been a WvW player and the reason I don’t play PvP is because of kitten like this. There is no incentive to play this game mode when you are the one making all the effort and your team sucks.

If for some reason you cannot make an intelligent algorithm, then at least give BIG rewards to the guy that makes the most contribution to the team.

(edited by Hitman.5829)

in PvP

Posted by: Huskyboy.1053

Huskyboy.1053

Yeah if you exclusively get top in 2 categories or more, that generally means you outcontributed your teammates. Only one, like top damage, just means you played your role correctly. I also think stats like rezzes should count for more since that’s tough to pull off and a team play, whereas top damage is pretty negligible.

in PvP

Posted by: mtpelion.4562

mtpelion.4562

If you don’t PvP, then you are going to get a lot of crap games while the algorithm determines where you should be.

If you flip a coin twice and get heads both times, you might think that heads is 100% guaranteed. If you flip the coin 100 times though, you will get a more accurate result (50% heads). The same concept applies here. Play more games and the ranking will be more accurate.

Server: Devona’s Rest

in PvP

Posted by: fishball.7204

fishball.7204

I mean the simplest solution would be to limit MMR range within 200 or maybe even 300 across all teams. The problem you describe happens when you have silver players with plat and it’s just too hard/impossible to carry that sometimes lol.

Generally, people within my own rating range would be around my level and I’d never get 5-6 top stats or hard carry.

FOR THE GREEEEEEEEEEEEN

in PvP

Posted by: lLobo.7960

lLobo.7960

The solution to this is have season games only as 5man queue.
Keep the ranked solo q for out of season and for people to try to increase their mmr.

in PvP

Posted by: cgMatt.5162

cgMatt.5162

There’s only so much that match making algorithms can do, but it’s follies are further excaberated by low population. You need better players, but not all of them read internet forums or are motivated to improve themselves so I think the correct direction would be to create annoyingly visible alerts on screen that tell people what they’re doing wrong (or deceptively helpful tips so you’re not demoralizing) without interfering with their visibility on the fights.

(edited by cgMatt.5162)

in PvP

Posted by: Huskyboy.1053

Huskyboy.1053

There’s only so much that match making algorithms can do, but it’s follies are further excaberated by low population. You need better players, but not all of them read internet forums or are motivated to improve themselves so I think the correct direction would be to create annoyingly visible alerts on screen that tell people what they’re doing wrong (or deceptively helpful tips so you’re not demoralizing) without interfering with their visibility on the fights.

This is a good idea. General info like “you haven’t gotten top offense in the last 8 games. Are you fighting off-point frequently or standing on-point instead of rotating to help your teammates?” could be helpful. It would have to be class-specific though since there’s different playstyles depending on your build.