Interaction with traps/aoe cc

in PvP

Posted by: Ario.8964

Ario.8964

Ports need to not proc trap effects or aoe cc effects. It’s stupid to port out of traps in order to not get bursted down by the dh only to be hit by a 5-7k proc from a trap that kills you anyway. Same goes for any sort of aoe effect, you are porting to try and avoid it not take the full effect of it anyway. This really ought to be looked at imo cause it’s ridiculous how it works right now.

[Teef] Dragonbrand Thief and Engi main www.twitch.tv/ariodoesgaming and Ario Does Gaming on Youtube!

in PvP

Posted by: SolarDragon.7063

SolarDragon.7063

Ports need to not proc trap effects or aoe cc effects. It’s stupid to port out of traps in order to not get bursted down by the dh only to be hit by a 5-7k proc from a trap that kills you anyway. Same goes for any sort of aoe effect, you are porting to try and avoid it not take the full effect of it anyway. This really ought to be looked at imo cause it’s ridiculous how it works right now.

Or realise that people can see where you put portals and not expect it to be 100% safe.

in PvP

Posted by: Shinjiko.1352

Shinjiko.1352

I think what they’re getting at is how teleport skills interact with other skills. E.g on thief I get caught inside DH lb 5 skill. I use shadowstep to get out but at the location I port to I’m still knocked down.

Same for the trap that you have to cross to take dmg. A fair few port skills trigger the effect as if you walked through even though you didn’t. It’s like they coded the teleports as invisible walking paths. So the game sees you as technically walking to the target location instead of just actually teleporting.

Effect seems to trigger on other skills too like line of warding, static field and other skills designed to trigger when you run through them. It has been around for a while but I agree does need a fix as you can end up wasting skills trying to escape that should allow you to.

in PvP

Posted by: Tman.6349

Tman.6349

I think what they’re getting at is how teleport skills interact with other skills. E.g on thief I get caught inside DH lb 5 skill. I use shadowstep to get out but at the location I port to I’m still knocked down.

Same for the trap that you have to cross to take dmg. A fair few port skills trigger the effect as if you walked through even though you didn’t. It’s like they coded the teleports as invisible walking paths. So the game sees you as technically walking to the target location instead of just actually teleporting.

Effect seems to trigger on other skills too like line of warding, static field and other skills designed to trigger when you run through them. It has been around for a while but I agree does need a fix as you can end up wasting skills trying to escape that should allow you to.

This is a pretty solid breakdown and SF has been a long time ‘offender’, since launch. Before HoT, I always chalked it up to balance design.

in PvP

Posted by: BlaqueFyre.5678

BlaqueFyre.5678

All thief Shadow steps are traveling abilities not actual teleports, you technically travel the full distance just at a greater speed, so you are passing through the fields it’s annoying but it’s how the skills are designed.

in PvP

Posted by: Allison The Strange.4519

Allison The Strange.4519

Idk the lore exactly but years ago I remember this kind of thing being talked about before… Thief has shadowsteps, not teleports. Shadowsteps afaik basically means your character moves at impossible speeds to the targeted location, e.g runs there.

Anet has coded these types of movements in very weird ways to account for the lore of it but it’s a mote point to discuss. Just be happy anet didn’t go super lore friendly and still lets you teleport out.

As for mesmer portals, this is a l2p issue, I frequently camped mesmer portals and nuked anyone who came through as many use it as an escape tool when nearly dead.