Interrupts - they are too weak

in PvP

Posted by: Killyox.3950

Killyox.3950

I think many people will agree with me that currently interrupts are too weak.

Right now to successfully interrupt enemy you have to read his animation, know what he is about to use and time your own interrupt.

Thing is that the level of difficulty to properly interrupt with benefits is totally wrong.
You get almost nothing out of a successful interrupt.

Partially because of that Mesmers don’t feel like mesmers. Where are the skills that vary in the way they interrupt? Mesmers have so many traits and skills that focus on interrupting yet the benefits are almost none for doing it.

IMO interrupted skill should go on full cooldown not some 3s CD. That or force a 3s – 5s full lockout on all skills. Obviously channeled skills would be too susceptible to this there are many ways to balance it without making either useless. Right now i am for full cooldown or making specific interrupt skills cause specific effects.

Maybe some miscallenous debuff applied to interrupted target that makeshis next heal have longer cooldown or something

Not sure how it currently is but Mesmer had trait to cause dmg upon successful interrupt. This damage should be very high, not some little dmg that has no impact at all. Imagine Mantra of Distraction applying 1s daze in case of blanket use and 4s daze in case of successful interrupt. Many ways to make them better and more important.

In general i think that interrupts are pretty underpowered in game right now and it’s just better to burst someone down and ignore interrupts entirely.

Who else wishes for meaningful interrupts? This is really thing that requires decent skill to pull off consistently especially with many skills having short channels.

PS

Of course, imo, interrupting basic attack should have no additional effect besides the usual 1s or whatever Daze. Basically should stay same as is now.

in PvP

Posted by: CachoDm.4639

CachoDm.4639

If you play ele you know what getting interrupted feels when doing CE xD js

R48 Nooßlêss Multiclass Looking for a best friend.

in PvP

Killyox.3950

If you play ele you know what getting interrupted feels when doing CE xD js

That’s a single case:) Even then it is hardly that much rewarding. Minor annoyance

in PvP

Posted by: Bikkan.4605

Bikkan.4605

3 seconds is a lot if you interrupt a critical skill and your party or more than 1 person are focusing someone. Also daze puts all skills on cd. Full cd for 1 interrupt would be a very wrong move.

in PvP

Posted by: Med.6150

Med.6150

Let me Head Shot you a few times and tell me how you feel on that subject again.

in PvP

Posted by: Amaterasu.6280

Amaterasu.6280

I do agree though that daze SHOULD be a full lockout of skills, including utilities and stun breakers…daze in gw1 was legit – I loved using blackout.

Kuro – Thief – NA
Undercoverism [UC]

in PvP

Killyox.3950

Let me Head Shot you a few times and tell me how you feel on that subject again.

Yeah come do this please. Tell me after how does it feel to be dead and not doing any dmg because you burned all ini on head shots

Doesn’t stop me from using Kits either. Also this in particular is thing only thieves can do.

Do you think headshotting me is worth more than killing someone with your dmg in that time?

in PvP

Posted by: Noctis Assassin.4035

Noctis Assassin.4035

Daze on steal. :P death sentence for anyone using their heal skill.

edit:also works well for instagibbing thieves pressing dagger 2

in PvP

Posted by: Oni.5429

Oni.5429

using diversion on a necromancer when he tries to heal when we are training him tends to guarantee a kill that we otherwise wouldnt get.

Crs Helseth, Mesmer for Team Curse

in PvP

Posted by: DiogoSilva.7089

DiogoSilva.7089

I’m glad interrupts are not as available as in GW1, however, I think GW2’s rupts suffer from lack of support, maybe because of the lack of caster bars.

in PvP

Noctis Assassin.4035

my only problem with interrupts is it seems the shining light from asurans using their heal skill seems to appear a little later then when other races but I’m not 100% sure about it. I guess I’ll do some testing later tonight.

in PvP

Posted by: Skyro.3108

Skyro.3108

Interrupted skills go on a 5s cooldown don’t they? That is pretty strong already. Making them go on full cooldown would be grossly overpowered. That means all you have to do is interrupt their heal and they are dead, and it isn’t hard to interrupt heals. This isn’t like GW1 where there are healers with multiple heals that if one gets locked out they can still heal. In GW2 we only have 1 self heal per char.

A total lockdown of all skills for 5s would essentially be a 5s daze. There’s no such thing as a 5s daze in the entire game, and that’s because such a thing would be OP.

The only thing I agree with is the Mesmer interrupt traits are pretty weak. I do not think I’ve seen a Mesmer ever spec in any of those traits.

in PvP

Posted by: Wanderer.5471

Wanderer.5471

i disagree, think interrupts are probably the most powerful skills you can execute, they can be devastating

in PvP

Posted by: Liewec.2896

Liewec.2896

i think we need more GW1,
confusion should hit like empathy, mesmers need less clones more interrupts,
powerblock for elite?

in PvP

Noctis Assassin.4035

confusion does hit like empathy if you do condition damage and powerblock=effectively 3 sec daze NO STUNBREAKS run like the moa you are XDDD.

in PvP

Noctis Assassin.4035

confusion does hit like empathy if you do condition damage and powerblock=effectively 3 sec daze NO STUNBREAKS run like the moa you are XDDD.

in PvP

Posted by: ensoriki.5789

ensoriki.5789

i think we need more GW1,
confusion should hit like empathy, mesmers need less clones more interrupts,
powerblock for elite?

Hell no.
Ever hit a Mesmer while you have 3 stacks of confusion on you and they have retaliation on em? Brb putting more passive offense in the game so players can sit on their kitten twiddling thumbs since they don’t have to be proactive to get their results.
Confusion hits hard enough.
Confusion + retaliation? Ridiculous, completely and utterly.

Ffff I should transfer to Anvil since I never see Noctis anymore :o.

The great forum duppy.

in PvP

Noctis Assassin.4035

Anvil Rock is the way to go for NA, best server in my opinion.
edit: You can always guest on there.

(edited by Noctis Assassin.4035)

in PvP

Posted by: Gallrvaghn.4921

Gallrvaghn.4921

^This.

“The boss you just killed respawns ten minutes
later. It doesn’t care that I’m there.”

in PvP

Posted by: Eurantien.4632

Eurantien.4632

Interrupts are great! If I see you heal I WILL rupt your heal. 3 seconds later, if I have the means, I will rupt your heal again if you haven’t died already. If you want a 3s lockout on all skills then use some overkill with daze or stun instead of CC.

in PvP

Posted by: Dragz.9053

Dragz.9053

I agree completely. the damage on that should be like up in the range of 5k. Shutdown mesmer was one of my favorite classes to play in gw1 because if you had good timing, you could completely shut down a class and do massive dmg in the process(power spike!). When you would play against good mesmers, you had to fakecast to dodge their interrupts, made for a fun game and added another skill element to it. I do miss the shutdown aspect of mesmers, I feel like we are a very direct dmg class now. I would love to see some sort of viable interrupt/shutdown build with the mantras and traits

in PvP

Noctis Assassin.4035

well, according to the wiki, halting strike, an adept trait in the domination line does “approximately 67 direct damage at 916 power. Damage unaffected by weapon strength.”
lulz at the damage.

in PvP

Posted by: faeral.7120

faeral.7120

interrupt traits are weak, but interrupts themselves are power. i have a hard time running a build without at least 1 interrupt.

fights happen so fast in this game, delaying a heal by 5s may as well be the full heal cooldown in many situations.

in PvP

Posted by: daydream.2938

daydream.2938

Interupts are fantastic in this game, delaying aheal for a few seconds is a big deal.
Also stoping stomps is huge.

in PvP

Posted by: Shukran.4851

Shukran.4851

daze on steal is 30 trickery.

it hurts a lot your output.
maybe after patch…

in PvP

Noctis Assassin.4035

maybe after patch…

Lead Strikes makes up most of the difference. You get 1% extra damage for every point of initiative. Daze on steal has saved my rear so many times and my teammates cause of the instant interrupts. You ever seen what a d/x thief does when their heartseeker goes on a 5 sec cd?

(edited by Noctis Assassin.4035)

in PvP

Posted by: ensoriki.5789

ensoriki.5789

maybe after patch…

Yeah if you play daggers.
I reach 20 into trickery on my S/P set pretty much always now for Bountiful so the decision is just put the extra 10 in DA or 10 in trickery, and the difference is pretty negligible since the daze lets you get in an extra hit the majority of the time or gives you a second of breathing room or removes a skill( assuming you don’t miss) for 5s vs the what maybe measily extra damage 10 more in DA will get me. Traits at that level suck too.

The great forum duppy.

(edited by ensoriki.5789)

in PvP

Posted by: Hyxorcisten.5786

Hyxorcisten.5786

We just need personal -focus,-macro, and -castbars like WoW! Then you would be able to use blind for example on something usefull instead of a guardian that you’re attacking!

Hyxorcisten – Denial eSports [Den]

in PvP

Posted by: hharry.1967

hharry.1967

Daze already locks out all your skills, its like a stun that allows you to move, and the interrupted skill is locked for 3 seconds, what else do you want? 10 sec dazes? Seriously, stuns last very few i dont know why interrupts should last a lot.
Not like interrupting is HARD, considering most of the skills can be done while moving and are on a short cast time you can faceroll your head over the keyboard and pretty sure u will get an interrupt done.

They are fine. Dont convert this game to WoW infinite chainable CCs and interrupts.

in PvP

Posted by: Convict.8526

Convict.8526

so the GW2 will be all about cc, an action game where you can chain cc someone helpless. really dumbs down the game. i think they should put up a skill loading bar udner their name like they did in gw1