Introduce trait pick and bans in tournaments?

in PvP

Posted by: HaxTester.9816

HaxTester.9816

I know it would mean players will have to really earn that $50,000 by learning all the class skills and traits, but what if we introduce trait picks and bans that would shake up the composition of teams. I’m not sure how to implement this, maybe only two bans, and it’s only on the opposing team not a global ban. Ofcourse the other team could choose to ban your ban choices as well. For example, Chronomancy and Tempest traits will be banned by team 1, and team 2 will ban Tempest and Herald traits.

Anvil Rockers Unite!

in PvP

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Retribution or Herald ban might as well remove Revenants. Water Magic ban might as well remove Elementalists. Most professions can get removed with a ban.

No, this is honestly a bad idea. My main is Necro, which truthfully is probably least impacted by the idea, and I say it’s bad.

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

in PvP

Posted by: Agemnon.4608

Agemnon.4608

Agreed, bad idea. It’s too random and takes away skill. A better idea is to balance the classes. Since elite specs and revenant are new they’re gathering metrics to properly balance them. In other games new classes tend to be overtuned until they’re reined in after looking at the data. When devs see that death knights commonly 1v3 successfully for example they know they need some serious tuning.

in PvP

Posted by: Death Aggro.9602

Death Aggro.9602

Terrible Idea. -1

in PvP

Posted by: abc.5790

abc.5790

I think what the OP is implying is that he wants to make the teams earn the cash prize because as it stands right now, it’s really easy picking.

Not sure if his main idea will work but introducing an obstacle that would make the teams earn the prize and entertain viewers doesnt sound all that bad.

However, it is probably too late by now.

[Star] In My Prono
EU Scrub

in PvP

Posted by: dank.3680

dank.3680

I’d rather see amulet/rune bans. Trait lines are too wide of swaths to just ban. Rune/amulet bans or restrictions at least there are other available choices just not “the best”.

#MAGSWAG: All class player. XOXO