More premades….

And this is a bad thing?

Shuriyo

Introducing PvP Guild Teams

in PvP

Posted by: butch.8136

butch.8136

More premades….

They really destroyed pvp with the emphasis on casual/solo.

Gw2 gameplay and conquest/SH only shines when played in group. They should focus much more on teams, etc.

Razor xxxx (Desolation ; Off)
Bring back: ‘Gamer’ title + MAT’s!
Throw out: Hotjoin!

in PvP

Posted by: DaShi.1368

DaShi.1368

I agree that teamplay is great and should be encouraged (this is a different discussion from pre-mades).

I doubt that casual pvpers are the minority.

There should be reasonable options for people who just want some casual pvp.

in PvP

Posted by: Coulter.2315

Coulter.2315

Good idea, guilds are transient things at the moment and its good they are making efforts to solidify them. Good for the system and community. AND first step to spectator mode? (GW1 flagged matches of the top 100 guild games for people to observe – having this system in place lets there be a top 100 guilds)

in PvP

Posted by: philheat.3956

philheat.3956

About this

Playing as a Team

When queueing for a PvP match in a party, and if queueing alongside at least two other members of that team, you’ll represent the guild team you’re a member of. That means you can have up to two substitutes and still play as a guild team. Playing as a team also offers a few perks that can be unlocked in your guild hall. For example, your guild anthem can play at the end of a match, should you be victorious.
Your guild team will have a rating specific to that team. While you’re playing as a guild team, matchmaking will use this rating over your personal rating. This provides a better indication of how you function as a group than a combination of individual ratings would.

I mean if i go with other 2 in my guild team, our mmr is unique and is equal to MMR team

In general it seems a good idea but how handle with this at beginning? there will be a MMR default for teams? If individual mmr is higher than Team MMR how to balance it for a good balance match?

in PvP

Posted by: Laraley.7695

Laraley.7695

More premades….

And this is a bad thing?

It is bad news for soloquers.

in PvP

Posted by: Penguin.5197

Penguin.5197

This is something I can get behind, seems like a good move overall, possibly except for soloquers, but they’ll be used to unbalanced matches by now :P

in PvP

Posted by: Sorel.4870

Sorel.4870

More premades….

And this is a bad thing?

It is bad news for soloquers.

Nobody likes a solo vs premade situation. But if solo players decide to form a premade, there is no reason to think that a premade vs solo scenario would be more likely. On the contrary: more premades means that the MM system can work more fluidly. Ideally, a queue mostly composed of premades could find good matches pairing premades against one another, and relatively quickly, since they only have to find two guild-MMR that are rather close, instead of considering the numerous criteria of the soloq MMR.

in PvP

Posted by: Penguin.7906

Penguin.7906

This is something I can get behind, seems like a good move overall, possibly except for soloquers, but they’ll be used to unbalanced matches by now :P

hello bro x)

Shuriyo

in PvP

Posted by: Menzies The Heretic.3415

Menzies The Heretic.3415

More premades is not a bad thing. And to be honest, premades can actually be worse than 5 high ranked players in most cases.

* Twitch – Mênzîes – Mesmer pvp
* YouTube – Fun, guides and gameplay

in PvP

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

The guild teams concept is great. It also shows why ANET needs solo queue vs team queue.

in PvP

Posted by: Penguin.5197

Penguin.5197

hello bro x)

Hello fellow penguin lol

in PvP

Posted by: Celtus.8456

Celtus.8456

I like the emphasis on guilds finally, curious to see how it will play out. Curious though, how will the system determine whether you are queued as a ‘guild team’? Will the 3+ players need to represent the guild at the time of queuing? Or will just being on the guild roster work sufficiently? Or will it be at match start and not time of queuing?

Mainly I am concerned that people will stop repping guild if they load into a match and see they are up against a team of better players or one that they expect to lose to. So, hoping that teams are designated as “guild teams” at the moment of queuing, rather than later.

Josre
Zulu Ox Tactics [zulu]

in PvP

Posted by: Morwath.9817

Morwath.9817

I guess there will be different que for Guilds like in GW1.

in PvP

philheat.3956

I like the emphasis on guilds finally, curious to see how it will play out. Curious though, how will the system determine whether you are queued as a ‘guild team’? Will the 3+ players need to represent the guild at the time of queuing? Or will just being on the guild roster work sufficiently? Or will it be at match start and not time of queuing?

Mainly I am concerned that people will stop repping guild if they load into a match and see they are up against a team of better players or one that they expect to lose to. So, hoping that teams are designated as “guild teams” at the moment of queuing, rather than later.

We have already a system when you’re 3 (or more) and you represent the same guild, you appear with the guild name.

The differences are:

1. there will be a guild leaderboard
2. Your MMR like a 3 men team (or more) is unique and not individuals.
3. You don’t need to create a separate guild to create a pvp team (you can create multiple pvp teams in the same guild).

Example

How it works now

you join in 3 the queue and u have

A. 800
B. 400
C. 600

Average is 600

Other 2 members

D. 700
E. 500

Total Average Team MMR: 600

Afther this change

A+B+C = Team guild MMR (unique)
D=700
E=500

We don’t know the exact formula to calculate the new Team MMR (i mean a+b+c+d+e)

Probably there will be some modification for example if Average individuals MMR is > o <Team Guild MMR or it would be some problem for team balancing.

I think Evan or Justin can give us better infos.

But in general i think you need to represent the team to use you team MMR when you go in queue.

If you don’t represent, system will use the individuals mmr and probably if you represent the guild after you’re in the game, your game is not considered for lb.

It’s only a supposition of course.

(edited by philheat.3956)

in PvP

Posted by: Proven.2854

Proven.2854

Don’t forget, more premades/teams in queue, the more likely premades/teams will be matched with each other, and the less likely solo players will be matched against premades/teams.

Call me Smith.

in PvP

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

We need a Guild Queue with Team MMR.

Then make Ranked into SoloQ (logical since it’s personal mmr), delete Ranked for Teams.

If teams want to compete, they should create their Guild team and be rated based on Team MMR as it should be.

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

in PvP

Posted by: uhohhotdog.3598

uhohhotdog.3598

We need a Guild Queue with Team MMR.

Then make Ranked into SoloQ (logical since it’s personal mmr), delete Ranked for Teams.

If teams want to compete, they should create their Guild team and be rated based on Team MMR as it should be.

Non guild teams should still be an option but they should compete against guild teams.

Team queue and solo queue. Guild MMR would be used when at least 3 of 5 are guild members.

in PvP

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

But what’s the point of Team queueing into current Ranked arenas, besides farming non-premades, when they would have option to be rated as a team now? And have more fair MMR, always fighting team groups, thus being competitive?
Guilds can be created in couple minutes and you could have Guilds for PvP teaming in specific.

Having 4 game options is too much. 3 is legit spot.

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

in PvP

philheat.3956

I think this is only one piece of the final puzzle. We had 2 test seasons and now LB is frozen cuz i think they’re working on the final Season + LB version. I think Matchmaking will improve, they have a lot of data from the previous seasons to analyze and i hope there will be an exclusive queue for teams or really well filtered.

in PvP

Posted by: Archon.6480

Archon.6480

This is going to be a good change for solo pvp’ers. Will make it easier to get in with a semi-formal team mode (you can queue with guildies) and will make it easier on die hard solo queue players as there will be more premades in the mix so less premade vs solo matches.

I don’t have time for playing on dedicated team but would like to play with guildies for more control than just queuing solo.

Jade Quarry – Esparie
Illustrious Exhausted Primordial Legendary Druid, and Mesmer for fun
PvE | PvP (1500)| WvW | Fractals | Dungeons

in PvP

Posted by: Jayden Ennok.3687

Jayden Ennok.3687

Most guild premades will be like mine – horrible team comp and team work, even with TS, which we normally use just to argue why our 3 mesmers shouldn’t try to tank 3 enemy heavies^ ^

Guild premades will be fun for solo queue players.

Underworld Vabbi 1.5yr

in PvP

Posted by: SchmendrickTheMagician.8247

SchmendrickTheMagician.8247

Holy necro thread, batman!

Last of the Red Hot Swamis