Investing money, but no balance patches...

in PvP

Posted by: senki.1046

senki.1046

Hello anet team,

I bought the basic game for 60 euro, now HoT for 40 euro and i pay 10 bucks or so every month for gems. So could you invest my money to pay the balance developers? It’s my greatest wish for this game. But i get very disappointed, cause every balance patch to release takes about half a year… The balance between classes is real kitten at the moment.
I thought this would be some kind of cooperation. I pay and you make the game better (and get profit of course). So please hire some balance guys if they’re missing. Use my money to pay them. Thx

in PvP

Posted by: MrKrataus.6420

MrKrataus.6420

Y know esport prize goes to marketing budget? Nothing to do with the balance budget y know?

[vM] Alkore

in PvP

Posted by: trytonianYeti.4389

trytonianYeti.4389

Although they still suck at balancing, I will give them credit for the frequency of their updates. An improvement from pre HoT days

in PvP

Posted by: nacario.9417

nacario.9417

Well even if we are unhappy with balance, having this focus and highlight on esport is good as it will always “force” focus and highlight on balancing/other aspects of the pvp game. If they truly are serious about esport, sooner or later this whole balanceshenanigans will catch up to them, even soloq. If the general pvp playerbase isnt happy then interest will falter, time will tell, but all one can do is to keep adding constructive feedback.

Power Ranger PvP
I used to be a power ranger, now not sure anymore

in PvP

Posted by: Kolly.9872

Kolly.9872

If you’re unhappy don’t spend 10 bucks a month. I’ve also spent a lot on this game and sometimes I don’t agree with such balance changes, but cannot complain about money I decided to spend on my own.

Thief might not be as strong as last year
but they’re a lot stronger
than they will be next year!

in PvP

Posted by: brannigan.9831

brannigan.9831

They won’t balance the new elites seriously until the data tells them they can’ sell any more expansions just based on new op elites. I thought we were going to see a serious balance patch before December 1 but I am starting to think they are going to mostly turn a blind eye on op expansion stuff until they make the maximum $$$$ possible.

in PvP

Posted by: Fay.2357

Fay.2357

As long as you keep donating 10 bucks a month, they couldn’t care less about how unhappy you are, because it obviously hasn’t affected your tendency to give them money.

in PvP

Posted by: Harvey.7820

Harvey.7820

Y know esport prize goes to marketing budget? Nothing to do with the balance budget y know?

Rofl. Ty CEO of Anet that decides the allocations.

Money is money. There is no marketing without a large Esports fan-base. There is no large Esports fanbase without a solidly balanced game. No balance = no esports.

in PvP

Posted by: vespers.1759

vespers.1759

no sorry that money is going to the $400,000 prize for E-SPORTS! E-SPORTS! E-SPORTS!

Obviously it is more important to give money to the two competitive teams than it is to make a playable experience for the mass playerbase.

Bristleback can’t hit anything? Let’s fix the HP bug instead.

in PvP

Posted by: LegallyBinding.4937

LegallyBinding.4937

Don’t listen to the whiners. Balance parch coming before ranked season.

in PvP

Posted by: Salamander.2504

Salamander.2504

The announcement below (from Nov. 2) could be interpreted to mean that ANet is indeed planning on putting out a balance patch before Dec. 1. This announcement post-dates the quick balance patches (nerf to blighters boon, DH traps, etc.) that occurred in late October, but predates the “quick and dirty” Nov. 4 buff to berzerker. Consequently, I expect that ANet is in the works of a balance patch between now (Nov. 12) and Dec. 1.

On December 1, once we’ve finalized all the teams that qualify for the ESL Guild Wars 2 Pro League and we have a chance to let balance settle from the launch of our expansion, we’ll activate our inaugural in-game Player vs. Player league season!

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/the-road-ahead-for-2015/