Invisible Dragonhunter knockdown walls

in PvP

Posted by: cheeese.8640

cheeese.8640

Ok so this is an ongoing issue and it is not even about balance. It is an actual graphical bug that is causing me to lose fights against dragonhunters from a really stupid reason. The walls from #5 longbow and elite are invisible. So you basically get knockdowned and then try to evade but hold on… you get knockdowned again because you just hit wall that is NOT THERE!
Look I don’t know why you decided not to do balance patch before such major pvp event as Leagues, but at least fix the bugs.

in PvP

Posted by: Morwath.9817

Morwath.9817

Options->Graphic-> (disable!) Effect Lod

in PvP

Posted by: Timston.1976

Timston.1976

Yup disable effect lod and it works. 100%

Guard main,Team pvp enthusiast, and all around Jolly fellow
bunker guard will live again, well, someday

in PvP

Posted by: Chase.8415

Chase.8415

They aren’t invisible, you can see the effect. Perhaps you should check your vision with your local optometrist in your area.

in PvP

Posted by: cheeese.8640

cheeese.8640

Huh thx guys! But still such an important skill shouldn’t be disabled by LOD

in PvP

Posted by: Archon.6480

Archon.6480

Oh, thanks. I got killed by a noob dragon hunter a few times by this last night. Very frustrating. This is worse than unblockable taunt. Don’t know why people think it is ok for a skill to break you out of evade. I guess the pansies don’t mind when guardian can do this. It’s only game breaking if ranger can do it.

Jade Quarry – Esparie
Illustrious Exhausted Primordial Legendary Druid, and Mesmer for fun
PvE | PvP (1500)| WvW | Fractals | Dungeons

in PvP

Posted by: Chaba.5410

Chaba.5410

Huh thx guys! But still such an important skill shouldn’t be disabled by LOD

QFT

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs
RIP [SIC] Strident Iconoclast

in PvP

Posted by: ZoroDaOtter.3859

ZoroDaOtter.3859

Oh, thanks. I got killed by a noob dragon hunter a few times by this last night. Very frustrating. This is worse than unblockable taunt. Don’t know why people think it is ok for a skill to break you out of evade. I guess the pansies don’t mind when guardian can do this. It’s only game breaking if ranger can do it.

Because the elite trap walls act like wards, you can’t dodge out of a ward otherwise they’d be useless.

in PvP

Posted by: LunarNacht.8913

LunarNacht.8913

This effect should never be invisible. The skill shouldn’t even exist in this state. Compared to similar skills that you can avoid with stability, in a group situation this skill will place so many wards that any stability is outright removed. Bad in group fights in PvP and extremly aweful in WvW. Like many things the DH brings it has no counterplay.

in PvP

Posted by: Vague Memory.2817

Vague Memory.2817

It is a bug. They tried to fix this in a previous patch, but the fix didn’t work.

Nov 17th patch notes:

Dragon’s Maw: Fixed an issue that caused the effects of this trap to fade early, leaving an invisible, impassable ring for a short time. Reduced the visual noise on the effects associated with this skill.

(edited by Vague Memory.2817)

in PvP

Posted by: Chaba.5410

Chaba.5410

I think it is some sort of bug because I don’t remember LOD culling the effect in a guild hall arena 15v15 GvG I participated in two nights ago. :/

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs
RIP [SIC] Strident Iconoclast

in PvP

Posted by: Curring.9752

Curring.9752

Because the elite trap walls act like wards, you can’t dodge out of a ward otherwise they’d be useless.

If they could be dodged, forcing someone to use their dodge does not make them useless.

At the very least, evade SKILLS should let you pass through them rather than somehow getting CC’d through an evade. Also using a teleport to get past/out of them shouldn’t CC you at the end of it

In the greater blob of things, there is only the zerg.
Kittens, Kittens everywhere!