Invulnerability after match ends

in PvP

Posted by: Daemon.4295

Daemon.4295

I imagine this has been brought up in the past, but personally I would really really prefer it all players became invulnerable as soon as the match ends. I’d like to be able to exchange goodbyes, congratulations, comments, etc., but it’s impossible when everyone is fending for their lives until they exit to the lobby.

Ayana Wenona (Ranger) | Doctor Skorn (Necro) | Electra Lux (Elementalist)
Scarlett Daguer (Thief) | Gritt Bloodstone (Warrior) | Sirius Zand (Guardian)
- Whiteside Ridge [EU] -

in PvP

Posted by: pmnt.4067

pmnt.4067

It’s the first time I read that idea and I like it.

+1

I can’t wait until ANet releases the game promoted in the manifesto.
Until that, I’ll play GW2.

in PvP

Posted by: Michaeas Magister.1589

Michaeas Magister.1589

I would also welcome this change.

Even though I do find it quite funny to see everyone come at me after the match has ended and I have stopped playing.

Thanks.

It’s as I have always said,
“You can get more results with a kind word and a big stick,
than you can with merely a kind word.”

in PvP

Posted by: ahuba.6430

ahuba.6430

i prefer it this way. sometimes you’re having a great fight near the end of the match and its fun to finish it off.

in PvP

Posted by: Chesire.9043

Chesire.9043

Once the match is over if it’s mid fight I usually finish the fight but if it someone comes up to me and starts hammering those keys and I’m just standing there I usually /dance until the next match.

Either way, I don’t care which we have but I do like the idea. All combat should just be haltered with characters being stationary and cleansed of conditions though if this becomes the case.

in PvP

Posted by: MaXi.3642

MaXi.3642

you can type even if they kill you, you dont have to respawn after they kill you, they dont gain anything if they kill you after the match end… i dont see any reason for this

on the other hand, finishing a great fight even after the match end is good reason to keep it as it is (as ahuba said)

in PvP

Daemon.4295

Yeah YOU can type, but no one ever answers because they’re too busy protecting themselves. It’s kind of sad really, there’s no sense of community in PUG pvp, you don’t even have time to say thanks and goodbye before you get whisked out to the lobby and lose your team.

- Whiteside Ridge [EU] -

in PvP

Posted by: Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

hmmm bad idea. no. aw hell no!

i enjoy trying to get some last seconds kills or point captures.
or blowing up ppl with the cannon.

in PvP

Posted by: nakoda.4213

nakoda.4213

ya, one of the things that is starkly different between esports and real sports is …

a serious lack of eSportsmanship.

you cant tackle someone after the whistle blows, because they call unsportsmanlike conduct.

you shouldn’t be able to attack in game either.

Boundaries are for the effortless.
Benn E Violence :: 0/20/30/20/0
You kittens don’t even know what the prefix “meta” means.

in PvP

Posted by: Durzlla.6295

Durzlla.6295

ya, one of the things that is starkly different between esports and real sports is …

a serious lack of eSportsmanship.

you cant tackle someone after the whistle blows, because they call unsportsmanlike conduct.

you shouldn’t be able to attack in game either.

The difference is if i tackled you after the whistle blows i could injure you, if i keep smashing your toons face in with my hammer after the match ends what happens? Nothing, your character may die if you don’t continue whatever fight we were having but other than that nothing.

@OP, no, it’s a stupid idea and ruins the whole finishing your fight thing which is what i normally do during the end of the match. If i want to say good bye or congrats or w/e i’ll simply just stand there and do so, who the hell cares if they kill me after the match is over? I mean, cmon THE MATCH IS OVER.

They sing dark, delicious notes about power and family.
As their mother, I have to grant them their wish. – Forever Fyonna

in PvP

Posted by: nakoda.4213

nakoda.4213

it is not the consequences that are at issue, it is the poor attitude, ie: lack of sportsmanship.

Boundaries are for the effortless.
Benn E Violence :: 0/20/30/20/0
You kittens don’t even know what the prefix “meta” means.

in PvP

Posted by: Insyder.3871

Insyder.3871

I know for a fact that after match ends your daily objectives still count after the end (capture or kill). I am wondering if we still get glory and rank points for doing stuff after the match ends. I can never remember to check my rank bar to see if I get anything for capping or finishing someone after match end.

in PvP

Posted by: DarnDevil IV.2143

DarnDevil IV.2143

At least for my experience you are not rewarded from the events that happen after the match ends

in PvP

Posted by: Brinson.7289

Brinson.7289

The people that want to stop and say good fight do say it. Making everyone invulnerable is not going to turn people into knights in shining armor.
If they don’t say it now; they probably dont care to say it.
If someone is in a heated fight, they shouldn’t be forced to stop. It should be a choice.

Instead they should let you waypoint back to spawn by clicking a button in the right hand corner of the screen.

\-\ Poquito (Engineer) /-/ Tarnished Coast
Not Sure If Serious [BZNZ] ||| Cynical [CYN]

in PvP

Posted by: stof.9341

stof.9341

Meh, I think they should instead transform the whole losing team into Moa for the rest of the round and prevent them from respawning at all. And reduce their movement speed by 50% too

in PvP

Posted by: Pyroatheist.9031

Pyroatheist.9031

Meh, I think they should instead transform the whole losing team into Moa for the rest of the round and prevent them from respawning at all. And reduce their movement speed by 50% too

Sounds like the little after-match critfest that happens in TF2

in PvP

Posted by: stof.9341

stof.9341

What? Naaaah, it’s an original idea :p

in PvP

Daemon.4295

Heh, I actually like the idea of the losers being turned into Moas. Or maybe you could have an optional moa transformation button at the end of the match, if you hit it you become invulnerable and unable to attack.

Whether end-game invulnerability is a good idea or not depends on what the majority of players would prefer, but I do think it would be a lot better for the PvP community if you had a chance to stop and exchange a few quick comments with your teammates. Obviously this is much more important in pug play, I don’t think it’s really necessary for pre-mades. I’ve never really felt compelled to say more than ‘gg’ to my opponents, but I often wish I had more time to chat with my team.

- Whiteside Ridge [EU] -