Is Anet Ok with ESL players abusing Rank?

in PvP

Posted by: Nebulizer.3276

Nebulizer.3276

Just curious as most have seen in the higher ranks of ruby/diamond, lots of pros are Q’ing with emeralds and ambers to speed up Q and pretty much nab free wins. Is Anet ok with this, I know its in the game design, but it feels like another abuse of the rank system.

Ran into O-eggs doing this today rather not throw up the screenshot, but it just feels dirty they are already good players why must they abuse the MM system.

in PvP

Posted by: Photinous.4628

Photinous.4628

Basically nobody wins with the way Anet designed leagues. Solo players get farmed all day and ESL top players need to exploit to improve their queue times. Is anyone actually happy with this system?

in PvP

Posted by: Drafigo.4690

Drafigo.4690

Even tho it looks like the ESL teams are exploiting the system I think the guy above has a valid point they have to do this for queue times and matchmaking. However it still sucks and GW2 system is broke right now, again, but this is the first season and hopefully it will be ironed out before a second season starts.

in PvP

Posted by: Spartacus.3192

Spartacus.3192

Ebut this is the first season and hopefully it will be ironed out before a second season starts.

I wonder how many people will be around for the second season. The bad publicity GW2 is getting with this is pretty substantial.

Your typical average gamer -
“Buff my main class, nerf everything else. "

in PvP

Posted by: Sunshine.5014

Sunshine.5014

Wow. Even OE doing it now? Shameful and disgusting.

They should all receive a 72h dishonor. It’s manipulating MMR, and it’s against the Code of Conduct. ANet should punish them. It’s very easy to check in the match history.

Gray out the HP for future condition damage
Already quit PvP. Just log in here and there to troll.

in PvP

Posted by: Morwath.9817

Morwath.9817

Just curious as most have seen in the higher ranks of ruby/diamond, lots of pros are Q’ing with emeralds and ambers to speed up Q and pretty much nab free wins. Is Anet ok with this, I know its in the game design, but it feels like another abuse of the rank system.

Ran into O-eggs doing this today rather not throw up the screenshot, but it just feels dirty they are already good players why must they abuse the MM system.

There is thread about this matter already: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/pvp/Should-pro-teams-be-punished-for-abusing/first

in PvP

Morwath.9817

Wow. Even OE doing it now? Shameful and disgusting.

They should all receive a 72h dishonor. It’s manipulating MMR, and it’s against the Code of Conduct. ANet should punish them. It’s very easy to check in the match history.

According to CoC, they should have accounts suspended.

in PvP

Posted by: Fortus.6175

Fortus.6175

Ebut this is the first season and hopefully it will be ironed out before a second season starts.

I wonder how many people will be around for the second season. The bad publicity GW2 is getting with this is pretty substantial.

some of my friends and a cousin asked me how GW2 was doing, whether they should come back after a year and buy HoT, it would have been very low of me to cover up and lie to them, making them spend $50 only to find out i lied, the game didnt improve and in fact only got worse, I would look bad, Anet would look worse, and nobody would win. So I did the only thing I had left as an option; I told them the truth, that the game was in a dire pvp state, not worthy to come back. Two of the watched some of the ESL matches, sent me a text message that read as follows ; “LOL that was pathetic” and the other “I kinda want to come back to play mesmer, but not the bunker crap [not the word he used but filters] you have now”

I can’t save that[“them”] which doesn’t wish to be saved…..

[GoM] Gate of Madness Server Elementalist|Guardian
Legendary SoloQ

(edited by Fortus.6175)

in PvP

Posted by: Wolfs Shadow.7234

Wolfs Shadow.7234

Speaks volumes to the kind of player base that is at the top.

in PvP

Posted by: JDjitsu.7895

JDjitsu.7895

I don’t think it’s fair to assume all Ppl at the top are gaming the system. Especially w/o proof. I think in most cases they’re trying to cut down on queue times. If anything the “culprits” are the designers if the system.

Wiggin/LittleEnder/XeroCool/Filthydirtyrotten/MizDemeanor/EnderThaXenocide/ShadowOfWiggin-
Maguuma & A Few alts on other NA/EU servers

in PvP

Posted by: dank.3680

dank.3680

I don’t think it’s fair to assume all Ppl at the top are gaming the system. Especially w/o proof. I think in most cases they’re trying to cut down on queue times. If anything the “culprits” are the designers if the system.

We look at the leaderboard and we see it in front of our face, who is assuming anything? Why they do it is irrelevant.

I do expect Anet to do something about it, I doubt it will be significant but they are known to not put up with exploiting and I think they will at least attempt to preserve that reputation.

#MAGSWAG: All class player. XOXO

in PvP

Posted by: Dustin.2793

Dustin.2793

Where in the code of conduct does it say who you can and cant queue with?

Magic Toker // Thief // The Abjured
http://www.twitch.tv/magictoker

in PvP

Posted by: Kayberz.5346

Kayberz.5346

Lol, always with that kind of mentality with “pro” players, “i can cheat as long as no one catches me or if i can use wording semantics to obviously abuse the system its fair”

The win at all costs mentality, its not about a fair match to them and proving themselves better, its about winning no matter what methods it requires

No moral integrity, just a lust for “prestige”

(edited by Kayberz.5346)

in PvP

Posted by: rchu.8945

rchu.8945

Did CoC specifically covered karma gear and winter’s day crafting exploits? Why are average players being banned for those?

Sanctum of Rall
Pain Train Choo [Choo]
Mind Smack – Mesmer

in PvP

Posted by: Nyktalgia.5401

Nyktalgia.5401

While participating in Plaver-vs-Player (PvP) gameplay, you will not participate in any form of match manipulation. Match manipulation is defined as any action taken to fix or manipulate the outcome of a match or alter or manipulate the rankings or ratings of the ladder. This also includes disrupting other people’s game experience by not actively participating in matches in good faith, a.k.a leeching.

So in the end of the day I guess you should be decent enough human being and not queue with low mmr ppl just to make your own pip farming easier.

in PvP

Posted by: Photinous.4628

Photinous.4628

Chaithh, maybe you can explain how you used the stealth gyro bug on stronghold minions to win games? Is this not an exploit? Clearly Grouch and Anet knew about this and yet nobody was punished. All of these ESL players defending their shameful actions is pitiful.

in PvP

Posted by: Chaith.8256

Chaith.8256

Chaithh, maybe you can explain how you used the stealth gyro bug on stronghold minions to win games? Is this not an exploit? Clearly Grouch and Anet knew about this and yet nobody was punished. All of these ESL players defending their shameful actions is pitiful.

The heck? Why do you think it’s ok to call me out directly

Stealthing minions is a common strat. Like many players, I didn’t understand what was happening until it was disabled an hour later. It was a graphical bug only visible to the enemy team. When duo queuing, I heard the five man premade we faced squawking at me in map chat, but assumed they were morons because there was no visible glitch to me, and there was Sneak Gyro use on their side too. When I used detection pulse, it seemed to reveal all their stealthed minions.

Join the witch hunt if you like, I have zero need for shame, as I never maliciously played on it. Stronghold was killswitched almost immediately before the majority of players happened across it like I did.

Gotta love it. Everyone has their print screen & rumor spread button at the ready, when getting matched up against an ESL player.

Forum Lord Chaith
Twitch.tv/chaithh
New Twitter: @chaithhh

in PvP

Posted by: Naracion.6597

Naracion.6597

In regards to if anet is ok with esl players abusing the ranking system…..until they actually do something about it I’m guessing they are ok with it(sadly).

In regards to OE, i was in a match against him a couple days ago and he was only a couple tiers higher than I was in emerald. He was streaming and I saw he was only duo queuing and i would not consider this abusing the system.

in PvP

Posted by: trytonianYeti.4389

trytonianYeti.4389

How come no one from EU is complaining about guys like ROM or Helseth exploiting the system? Oh that’s right, it’s because they don’t. The questionable behavior coming from NA exclusively.

in PvP

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

How come no one from EU is complaining about guys like ROM or Helseth exploiting the system? Oh that’s right, it’s because they don’t. The questionable behavior coming from NA exclusively.

If you believe that, then you are very naive. It may not be as visible, but it still exists here.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

in PvP

Posted by: Burtnik.5218

Burtnik.5218

If you believe that, then you are very naive. It may not be as visible, but it still exists here.

I was yesterday with rom on my team. Guess what? He qued solo. Not even duo, just solo.

Salt, salt, moar salt. So salty like fries from McDonald!
Playing Smite since mid s2, f broken gw2.

in PvP

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

I was yesterday with rom on my team. Guess what? He qued solo. Not even duo, just solo.

Yeah, some players are not gaming the system, and more power to them for it. They are however an exception, even in EU.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

in PvP

Posted by: OlrunTheBlade.1486

OlrunTheBlade.1486

I love how people are considering queuing as a team “exploiting” if you’re better than them.

Captain of Never Lucky [NL]
Competitive Warrior, Ele, Mesmer, Ranger, Engineer, Thief

in PvP

Posted by: Nova Stiker.8396

Nova Stiker.8396

I love how people are considering queuing as a team “exploiting” if you’re better than them.

It really is cheating the system and against code of conduct.

But the good thing about rules is you don’t have to follow them
That is why they are… rules?

Well, balance the game first, leagues second.

in PvP

Posted by: apharma.3741

apharma.3741

I guess it will come down to just how low the lower MMR player is. I mean if you keep queuing up with someone on a Nooby McDerpson MMR then you’re getting into the manipulation territory. If they’re still in the top 100 players then it’s all good.

in PvP

Posted by: Zenos Osgorma.2936

Zenos Osgorma.2936

this is what i don’t get its like football leagues.

the high pros of the world don’t play against the local council teams untill after the council team have ether a favour title/belt or cup which gives them access to playing vs the pros.

so i think they should just practice internaly like every other sport vs the team subs team A and team B.

they play for money as pros , but they come to the local footy pitch and thrash the local council team , these pro players shouldn’t be in ranked or unranked but have access to their own league section so they can practice vs other Pros playing for money.

if they decide to have some random fun they should have only access to unranked or there own league section.

then, heres a bonus kicker put that on twitch so we can watch teams practice while they actively pvp in the off season just like the football leagues.

in PvP

Posted by: OlrunTheBlade.1486

OlrunTheBlade.1486

I want my shiny Legendary icon and my shiny Legendary backpiece

Captain of Never Lucky [NL]
Competitive Warrior, Ele, Mesmer, Ranger, Engineer, Thief

in PvP

Posted by: hackks.3687

hackks.3687

I think a better question would be: is ANet OK with so many whiny kittenes playing their game?

Hackkz/Riggamaroll
I’ve stayed at this party entirely too long

in PvP

Posted by: Nebulizer.3276

Nebulizer.3276

Ah 2 days later and its still happening, must be hard for them diamonds to get legendary legitimately

in PvP

Morwath.9817

I DuoQ’d mostly from Diamond to Legendary with a friend who was Emerald/Sapphire. Who gives a kitten though? Let’s just accuse everyone of exploiting!

So funny, in each single screenshot you’re in 5 man premade of Diamonds with one Amber/Emerald.

in PvP

Morwath.9817

I DuoQ’d mostly from Diamond to Legendary with a friend who was Emerald/Sapphire. Who gives a kitten though? Let’s just accuse everyone of exploiting!

So funny, in each single screenshot you’re in 5 man premade of Diamonds with one Amber/Emerald.

Sure – I’d love to see the many screenshots you clearly have of this.

If you would love, then search all the topic about teams abusing matchmaking, you will find them posted by some users.

in PvP

Posted by: Poliator.7021

Poliator.7021

There are enough differences between the MMR tanking “exploit” and this one. (And I don’t like doing neither one, tbh)

On one side, they should have seen coming both activities by the players. However, losing games on purpose is not exactly the same as “winning” the game on purpose (by lowering team MMR in general, getting a cheese comp).

They should add a restriction on who you can queue with (for example, such as LoL does with DuoQ), only one rank above or below you.

At least, on this so called “exploit” (I don’t think it’s nowhere near MMR tanking), if matchmaking does its job right, they should face another 5-man premade (or close to that). If it does its job right.

So yeah, losing games on purpose (manipulating the outcome of the match when it has started) is not the same as “manipulating”, at some extent, matchmaking.

in PvP

Posted by: Exxcalibur.6203

Exxcalibur.6203

Speaks volumes to the kind of player base that is at the top.

Speaks volumes for the kittens making the game too.

“Skritt, I’m hit!"

in PvP

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

Ah 2 days later and its still happening, must be hard for them diamonds to get legendary legitimately

Its illegitimate to queue with lower ranked friends?

It appears they literally can’t get games if queuing solely with diamonds so are they just meant to sit there in queues all day without getting pops?

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

in PvP

Posted by: SamTheGuardian.2938

SamTheGuardian.2938

This is the problem with having mixed solo and premade queues. Because ANet has designed the queue to be mixed, there is nothing against the rules for a diamond or even legendary to pair up with an emerald. The matchmaking is “designed to take care of that”. I think the matchmaking in general is lacking, so I don’t agree that match making is doing a good job at anything in rank the MMR is just being fed by wins and losses based on all these other factors (people tossing games on purpose, opposing team comp way OP, team members with outdated builds or who just do not pay attention to map ping or team chat). It’s luck more than skill in solo queue and you end up with an MMR that’s in larger part reflection of your luck.

Are the pro team’s creating alt accounts just to help with queue times? Are they exploiting the system some other way? It’s probably all innocent…. We’ll never know, but what we can say for certain is that if solo and premade queues were separate this would not be an issue.

in PvP

Posted by: Nova Stiker.8396

Nova Stiker.8396

Lets see what ArenaNet is okay with:

• Unbalanced mess
  • Invisible skills
  • Stuck bugs
  • Stomp bugs
  • Other exploits like the Lightning Whip bug.

This is less like an Esport and more like a joke.

in PvP

Posted by: Floplag.4032

Floplag.4032

if anything they should be held to a higher standard… they represent what they are trying to promote.. seeing them do this kind of thing does not put forth a positive image.