Is Ele too versitile in PvP?

in PvP

Posted by: Natto.5819

Natto.5819

Q:

I’m wondering if Support meta Elementalists have too much going for them. They have strong AOE overloads, along with strong heals and shout condition removals. In many matches, one Ele player can get Top Damage, Top Kills, and Top Heals. I know Anet balances this game a lot, so it makes me wonder how one player can do so much on both offense and defense. Shouldn’t a player only exceed in one aspect for balance sake?

in PvP

Posted by: Tomiyou.3790

Tomiyou.3790

If an ele gets TOP damage, that means everyone else on the team is complete and utter crap. Top kills maybe because of Stone Flesh stomp but that’s probably it.

I bet if you made ele simply a pure healbot (which would mean reducing most of its already weak damage) it probably wouldn’t be meta in the highest tiers of meta anymore.

in PvP

Posted by: Ralkuth.1456

Ralkuth.1456

D/F Mender Ele has no damage unless everyone tries to stand in Overload Air and eat his Air autos. Or maybe someone on the other team is not checking for reflects…

While top stats don’t mean a lot, in the case where a D/F Mender Ele gets top damage & a bunch of other top stats, it speaks more about the Ele’s teammates than the Ele itself.

5 useless class titles
Carrying enemy team since 2012
“Multiclass implies you can actually play the class” – a certain royalty

in PvP

Posted by: flog.3485

flog.3485

There is nothing wrong in being versatile as long as the versatility of eles doesn’t make them godmode like it was before with cele amulets.

in PvP

Posted by: zoomborg.9462

zoomborg.9462

Support ele already got nerfs upon nerfs and at the moment it is the only decent build they have left. True it is powerful but if u ask any ele they wish they could actually play something else instead of being a heal/boon bot 24/7.

in PvP

Posted by: Dahir.4158

Dahir.4158

I’m wondering if Support meta Elementalists have too much going for them. They have strong AOE overloads, along with strong heals and shout condition removals. In many matches, one Ele player can get Top Damage, Top Kills, and Top Heals. I know Anet balances this game a lot, so it makes me wonder how one player can do so much on both offense and defense. Shouldn’t a player only exceed in one aspect for balance sake?

Instead of wondering if support eles have too much going for them, you need to start wondering why our other builds aren’t successful.

Nobody wants to play this dead meta build that you are trying to demean, but there are hardly any choices left for the masses to use. There are a select few, including myself, that are trying to stay away from this and find a new path, but when there is little help from the creators, there is only so much we can achieve.

And of course, let’s not forget—when someone attempts to play something different in ranked that is not support/healing, they are automatically branded as bad or “noobs” and this is all because of the narrative Arena-Net has created. You have pushed this class into the trinity aspect that you allegedly didn’t want to happen, but here we are.

It is time to do something useful with the class and you all know it.

Broski

(edited by Dahir.4158)

in PvP

Posted by: Chasind.3128

Chasind.3128

ele isnt versatile enough lol
stun it, and it cant come back from that. It’s either healbot or have your team yell at you bc youre not a healbot.

in PvP

Posted by: NotASmurf.1725

NotASmurf.1725

stun it, and it cant come back from that. It’s either healbot or have your team yell at you bc youre not a healbot.

Can’t come back? What about lightning flash? Shocking aura? Obsidian Flesh? Overloads?

All of these are instant cast skills that can and will save you from stunlocking.

in PvP

Posted by: Mini Crinny.6190

Mini Crinny.6190

Lightning Flash is a 40 sec CD, SA 25 sec CD, Obby is a 3 sec invuln on a 40 sec CD if traited, you have to be in the same attunement for 5 seconds to start an overload, hardly makes a difference if the other team knows how to cc

Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow

in PvP

Posted by: Tomiyou.3790

Tomiyou.3790

Can’t come back? What about lightning flash? Shocking aura? Obsidian Flesh? Overloads?

All of these are instant cast skills that can and will save you from stunlocking.

They will save you for some time, but you absolutely NEED your team to peel for you. People don’t realize that ele is just as team dependant as a necro is.