Is Elementalist having a favorable matchup?

in PvP

Posted by: Alekt.5803

Alekt.5803

Is there a class Elementalist is favorable against in a 1v1?

Alerie Despins

in PvP

Posted by: Axialbloom.8109

Axialbloom.8109

Dragon Hunter. Probably it.

in PvP

Posted by: Serious Thought.5394

Serious Thought.5394

Are you playing FA s/f? If not, then idk. But FA s/f is doing very well. The damage/control/kiting is just unbelievable.

Worst Thief in the world, yes I am.

in PvP

Posted by: NiloyBardhan.9170

NiloyBardhan.9170

Warriors

/15chars

14 80s – Niloy Bardhan (warr) ¦ Cute Asura Niloy (guard) ¦ Madhumita Bardhan (ele)
“Owner of the rarest items in Tyria” Legendary collector 8/5 – 300% base MF
Yak’s Bend website – yaks-bend.enjin.com (temporary) #YakForever #YB4LYFE

in PvP

Posted by: Browrain.7346

Browrain.7346

Why do you feel like you need to counter someone?

in PvP

Posted by: Serious Thought.5394

Serious Thought.5394

This is funny. Ele and Warrior are working wonderfully. Mesmer is meh doh.

Worst Thief in the world, yes I am.

in PvP

Posted by: Azel.4786

Azel.4786

It is not meant to.

Welcome to Revenge Wars 2, where the balance is designed through hat picks!

Every Quarter the team gathers at ANET’s office to blindly pick certain classes that will be OP and some that will be UP in the following quarter’s meta!

Will this be your turn to shine and laugh at your opponents or will this be your turn to fall consistently to your enemies?

You never know until patch rolls out! But the QQ will always be there!

in PvP

Posted by: Axialbloom.8109

Axialbloom.8109

If a profession cannot beat anything, then it is pointless.

in PvP

Posted by: Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

It is not meant to.

Every Quarter the team gathers at ANET’s office to blindly pick certain classes that will be OP and some that will be UP in the following quarter’s meta!

Will this be your turn to shine and laugh at your opponents or will this be your turn to fall consistently to your enemies?

deswai it is better to play all nine professions instead of just sticking to one.

in PvP

Browrain.7346

Being able to beat someone does not mean countering it.

in PvP

Alekt.5803

Favorable match-ups is the word I am looking for.

Alerie Despins

in PvP

Browrain.7346

Favorable match-ups is the word I am looking for.

Ok well then I’d still say you’re favorable vs DH (for the same reasons pre-patch). Other than that, nothing.

in PvP

Posted by: Supreme.3164

Supreme.3164

It is not meant to.

deswai it is better to play all nine professions instead of just sticking to one.

Deimos Tel Arin.7391@
you don’t.
you enjoyed your d/d celele reign.
its over now.

Such integrity, try to do what you preach rather!

in PvP

Posted by: Sarrs.4831

Sarrs.4831

Wouldn’t Eles and Tempests still counter heavily projectile-dependent classes like Rangers and Dragonhunters?

Nalhadia – Kaineng

in PvP

Alekt.5803

Wouldn’t Eles and Tempests still counter heavily projectile-dependent classes like Rangers and Dragonhunters?

Ranger is absolutely not favorable. And, Dh is certainly not easy: magnetic aura 20% reduction.

Alerie Despins

in PvP

Posted by: Sunshine.5014

Sunshine.5014

Druid owns Ele, badly.

Gray out the HP for future condition damage
Already quit PvP. Just log in here and there to troll.

in PvP

Posted by: ErazorZ.5209

ErazorZ.5209

Not really. If you run an s/f build the on demand high spikes of a dragonhunter are way easier to access then the 3 counters an ele can bring, added to that ele have the lowest hp pools ingame. Guardian can sustain allot through active defenses and place traps on a low c/d, making you forcefully have to proc an earth 5 in focus when your out of dodges. That goes in c/d for 33/50 sec dependant on what build your using. Added to the fact elementalists who go s/f dont have allot of stability, they can trait

This makes 1v1 versus dragon hunter possible, but still in favour of the cooldowns of the d/h.

In teamfights DH simple just places traps all game long. You cant counter this as s/f due to low health and high c/d.

in PvP

Posted by: Keadron.9570

Keadron.9570

Countering another class… nope

in PvP

Posted by: Someday.3650

Someday.3650

Because the game was designed around hard counters for each class. Elementalist should have an easy matchup.

On topic, ele didn’t counter DH 1vs1. Ele countered DH’s in team fights because we bring party wide magnetic aura (in case said ele is using the right trait in water). If you only spam traps and pick targets with melee weapons and meditations then you’re not getting countered in anyway. That was a problem for guardians because going melee wasn’t exactly an option when AOE’s are all over the place.

1vs1 DH’s already were tough because you can’t just get out of the point and let their own projectiles do the job. You have to contest the point which means you HAVE to stand on traps. Then, it all comes to how much you can negate through evades, obsidian flesh and sustain. Funny thing, mos of those things are now gone or gutted (focus changes, celestial gone, energy sigil gutted).

in PvP

Posted by: PowerBottom.5796

PowerBottom.5796

Besides Ele still being amazing in teamfights with a proper build, it IMHO still does well in 1v1’s against many classes.

I’ve done some dedicated 1v1’s against decent players and builds that I think will be prominent, also I’ve searched out 1v1 situations during unranked games to get a feel of my builds I was using.

I was using a D/D Paladin amu build with Earth, Water and Tempest (Diamond skin, invigorating torrents, cleansing water and a paladin Amu S/F Air, Earth and Tempest Fresh Air build respectively).

Wins in 1v1’s: (easiest to hardest, win meaning being able to kill it…)
- DH (easier on S/F of course)
- Thief
- War / Shatter Mesmer (can be a bit tricky cuz of many interrupts on certain builds, but still heavily Ele-favoured.
- Power Rev
- Necro / Viper rev (both not easy MU’s by any means, but if you play it well and use DS of course, I think they are still Ele-favoured).

Engi and Ranger are the only ones I have trouble with; I can survive pretty long against both, but I didn’t really test those MU’s as much, cuz I kinda knew I won’t be able to get a win. I’ll try and find some good players to do some more 1v1’s though.

in PvP

Browrain.7346

Because the game was designed around hard counters for each class.

Do you know this for a fact or are you guessing to further your argument?

in PvP

Posted by: SlayerSixx.5763

SlayerSixx.5763

Because the game was designed around hard counters for each class.

Do you know this for a fact or are you guessing to further your argument?

For any class to be meta (or at least viable), they have to fulfill a few of these points:

Can hold a point vs pressure.

Good mobility.

Good damage.

A special mechanic that allows them to counter any build that fits 2 or more of the three previously mentioned requirements. For example, you could still bring necro even before 6/23 to counter eles even though it wasn’t optimal.

Ele seems to have neither good damage or sustain since they lack any reasonable active defense. As for primarily countering another type of build….. You see where I’m getting at. To give you a little further understanding of the situation, thief had good damage/mobility pre patch, but they couldn’t find a spot in the meta since their damage didn’t matter. Ele, currently, has less mobility than thief, less damage than thief, less sustain than thief (thief can camp stealth with traited SA for adequate healing/condi cleanse). Now you’ll probably ask why I’m comparing ele to thief. Simply put, as far as I know, the best ele build currently is S/F FA. FA is a weaker version of thief in almost every aspect.

in PvP

Posted by: Salamander.2504

Salamander.2504

Not really. If you run an s/f build the on demand high spikes of a dragonhunter are way easier to access then the 3 counters an ele can bring, added to that* ele have the lowest hp pools ingame. Guardian can sustain allot through active defenses* and place traps on a low c/d, making you forcefully have to proc an earth 5 in focus when your out of dodges. That goes in c/d for 33/50 sec dependant on what build your using. Added to the fact elementalists who go s/f dont have allot of stability, they can trait

This makes 1v1 versus dragon hunter possible, but still in favour of the cooldowns of the d/h.

In teamfights DH simple just places traps all game long. You cant counter this as s/f due to low health and high c/d.

Guardian is also the lowest HP pool…